AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 13 22.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 23.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 37.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 15.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-05, 14:27   Link #121
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Well you could look at it from this point. If she really has the potential to leave a mark on history with the level of her art, then wasting her talents is practically insult to all the people who wish they could be that good at something. Yes, it's ultimately her decision and no one has a right to force her, but shirking it off is definitely a waste. People would die to have that sort of opportunity in life, but she instead uses her ability to be a mangaka, and not necessarily a great one.

If you have the chance to really make a mark of the world you live in, but you end up doing something that's not really special and a lot of other people can do, then I think as a person that is incredibly disappointing.

She's free of course to make whatever decision she wants of course, however, there is no doubt that people around her could rightfully feel indignant.


--------------

As for the episode itself... I am always quite boggled by how much of a struggle this series puts itself in. There's a good show with interesting themes and characters underneath a thick veil of cheap stock annoying harem tropes that is just struggling to get air. This truly could be a good series if they just toned down certain aspects.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 16:14   Link #122
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Also, I know that it can hurt a girl a lot when a boy she likes tells her to make a career choice that is different from what she really wants in her heart. I know this because I was that stupid boy years ago. She said nothing to me, but someone from her family told me that she was crying. I wish she had just come out and said "Itland no baka" because that was the truth, and it had been less painful for both of us. So thumbs up to Shiina for that.
Erm Sorata never told Mashiro anything yet aside from being on neither person's side and that he wanted to see her complete her manga, so he never made the same mistake you did
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 16:31   Link #123
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"Who cares about what other people think, I'll do what I want..." pretty much sums up selfish.

(This isn't referring to Mashiro)
Is the human race of some hive mind and I'm not aware of?

Let's take some examples of what people think...
  • charity is this grant scheme to get your money
  • politics are something you should not get involved in
  • the government/country is something one needs to work against
  • and of course who can forget <all the slurs and racial discrimination>

All of which if ignored might at least achieve something; and when applied achieve nothing.

There is no such thing as a representation of a majority (this sock puppet everyone waves in their arguments), it's all just a collective thought, a collective idea. Have enough people make enough random noise and you can hear mumbling. It can be positive, as well as negative, and most often it's just very stupid, much like a generalization. Idol worship is among the top on the "none of us, is as stupid as all of us" category.

In the case of the series, should Mashiro care for all these strangers who she likely never met and which from the perspective of the series have only contacted her though Rita? (going by Rita's words) I say Nay. She has plenty of people around her already that need her, people that she cares about, people that care about her. Like everyone she has the right to live, to live her own damn life, not be someone's foot stool just because some invisible majority of crybabies has aspiration of being part of some elitist circle of fools.

Of all things it has to be mass produced masterpiece art on demand; do you think people that would want something as contrived and convenient as that even think of Mashiro as anything more then another tool? How convenient isn't it, the all-needy majority doesn't have to abide by this little one-sided rule of slave-by-popular-opinion. What might happen if they had to consider Mashiro's feelings too... but they can't speak, because the entire "majority" Mashiro is suppose to defend is nothing but hot air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
If you have the chance to really make a mark of the world you live in, but you end up doing something that's not really special and a lot of other people can do, then I think as a person that is incredibly disappointing.
People have no right to question others for their choices, if it never was a choice one had to make as well.

"Make a mark on history [and betray everyone close to you in the process.]"

You would be fulfilling what? other people's "selfish" desired? How is that so much better...
__________________

Last edited by felix; 2012-12-05 at 16:46.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 16:46   Link #124
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Is the human race of some hive mind and I'm not aware of?.
Ever heard of no man is an island?


And you keep missing out an important factor- This is more than just about what a bunch of faceless art fans want; Mashiro's work has the potential to go down in history as one of the great names of art. Even if not for her own sake of fame, but for generations to come to study and be inspired by like all the great masters that came before her- You may not care about fine arts but apparently there are more than enough people in this world that does so yes this is a big deal to throw it away to become an average to decent mangaka.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:04   Link #125
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
People have no right to question others for their choices, if it never was a choice one had to make as well.

"Make a mark on history [and betray everyone close to you in the process.]"

You would be fulfilling what? other people's "selfish" desired? How is that so much better...
I will invoke an extreme example here... Suppose someone is brilliant at biology, and with their abilities they might be able to find ways to cure cancer or some other epidemic in the world. Yet, because they don't use their talents and instead do something else, we will never get that. Can we force the person to do biology? No, but we sure as hell can question their decision.

Now it's an extreme example of course since Shiina's art is never going to actually change the world in such a way, but the heart of the matter here is that someone has a gift to do something. People would die to have that gift. People around her will rightfully feel indignant. They would feel cheated by life here, and it's a very natural reaction.

Would Shiina be doing anyone around her any favors by choosing to do art instead? Not particularly. So while no one has the right to force her, it definitely is a loss for humanity for such talent to go unused.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:06   Link #126
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Lets put Shiina in a cage and force her to throw away her life and make her do somthing that she doesn't want. What she wants to do with her life and that it is her own doesn't matter at all because she is just a tool that exist to inspire people.
How incredible as it sounds, there are some people that really believe in this.
I am happy that I live in the part of the world where human rights are respected and something like that would never be accepted and not tolerated.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:17   Link #127
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Being someone of historical significance strikes me as personally beneficial. It's not something that everybody cares about, or even dreams about, of course, but some people do. In politics, you often hear about major politicians caring about their "legacy", and about wanting to be remembered well in the history books. About wanting to "leave their mark" on the world.

Rita emphasized the possible historical significance of Shiina's paintings, which I think ties into this.
Care to explain why Shiina needs to continue painting in order for her already existing paintings to gain historical significance?

I can agree that many will think it's a "waste of talent", but I don't see how the historical signifance of her paintings will suddenly wane if she doesn't paint until the very end. If the paintings Shiina has already created are as great as they should be, then they should be recognized whether she makes new paintings or not.


For example:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Will Shiina's manga work positively impact as many people, and to as great a degree, as her paintings will? The impression I'm getting from the narrative so far is that this is very doubtful. Again, I go back to my Michael Jordan analogy, which I continue to think is pretty fitting here. Would as many pro sports fans benefit from minor league baseball player Michael Jordan as would benefit from NBA All-Star Michael Jordan?

So I think you're drawing a false, or at least highly presumptuous, equivalency here. It's more complex than what you're making it out to be.
I think you're making a false analogy here. You want to use Michael Jordan as an example of someone who fully utilized his talents, but you fail to mention that it was also his choice to quit while he was ahead.

After his ... what, second retirement?... he came back to play on the Washington Wizards and was... not all that great. I don't think anyone think anyone considers Michael Jordan's performance with the Wizards as part of his legacy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I myself wrote that Rita was too pushy. I don't think that Rita is entirely correct, but I don't think she's entirely wrong either. And I certainly don't see anything rage-worthy in Sorata's words and thoughts in this episode. He naturally doesn't want the world to lose a Picasso just so it can gain a decent mangaka (to be fair, he probably wouldn't want the world to lose an elite mangaka just to gain a decent painter, either).
Something natural can still be seen as rage-worthy by some.

Suppose a girl had the body and talent to be the best in a less intellectually praised occupation, like a model. The woman has a voluptuous body with curves in all the right places and a face that looks attractive without makeup. Many agencies have tried scouting her, but she turns them down in the end because she doesn't want to be recognized that way and wants to go study physics at at a university, even if she was never at the top of her class or anything near that.
If everyone she knew, from her friends to her professors kept telling her she should quit being a university scholar to become a model despite her choice to decline it, couldn't that be seen as offensive, even if it's not exactly wrong?

or let's go even darker: a person has the natural talent to kill. The person is extremely nimble, aware of the human anatomy, and can defeat all his/her opponents with a few precise blows, almost like the person can literally see the end lined into other people's bodies (*ahem*). People around this person urge him to be an assassin, or an official secret like the CIA, and eliminate all the corrupt and evil tyrants and terrorists in the world. Can this person be upset if he does not want to use his natural ability to kill?


The mere principle of being urged to pursue a career that they may be skilled but are not interested in at the moment can be just as upsetting as the an untalented person seeing a talented person not pursue what they are best at. The only reason why Sorata and Rita's suggestion doesn't (and rightly should not) offend many is because they are human with thought processes that can be followed.

If another creature or thing made such a suggestion, like say... a certain magic hat telling Harry about his initial affinity for the Slytherin House, or a supercomputer system in a certain anime this season outright scaling every citizen's affinity, high or low, for every profession, people would be less inclined to agree.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:31   Link #128
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Lets put Shiina in a cage and force her to throw away her life and make her do somthing that she doesn't want. What she wants to do with her life and that it is her own doesn't matter at all because she is just a tool that exist to inspire people.
How incredible as it sounds, there are some people that really believe in this.
I am happy that I live in the part of the world where human rights are respected and something like that would never be accepted and not tolerated.

Since when was she in a cage? The very fact that she could go to Japan in the first place is proof enough of her freedom.

And if you think inspiring a younger generation of potential artists is not an admirable work, well- that just goes to show how short sighted and narrow your thinking is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Care to explain why Shiina needs to continue painting in order for her already existing paintings to gain historical significance?

I can agree that many will think it's a "waste of talent", but I don't see how the historical signifance of her paintings will suddenly wane if she doesn't paint until the very end. If the paintings Shiina has already created are as great as they should be, then they should be recognized whether she makes new paintings or not.

Because A) Nobody likes a one-hit wonder, and B) This is definitely not the pinnacle of her skills- she would continue to improve and improve...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:41   Link #129
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And you keep missing out an important factor- This is more than just about what a bunch of faceless art fans want; Mashiro's work has the potential to go down in history as one of the great names of art. Even if not for her own sake of fame, but for generations to come to study and be inspired by like all the great masters that came before her- You may not care about fine arts but apparently there are more than enough people in this world that does so yes this is a big deal to throw it away to become an average to decent mangaka.
Inspired... that they too will be forced in a bird cage? Give me an example of one of these great masters that did it because other people forced them to do it. I want to hear more about this wonderful slave history you're all working so hard for.

If anything, all the great masters worked against the system, against the "things other people thought as the only `masterpiece` that matter" or as the only "goal in life, that matters". If Mashiro stays (in peace) with those around her she cherishes she may just invent her own new form of art, or rather continue to develop her art form, since if there's anything all artists strive for is to have a little something they can call their own; not to hold the record as the best human-printingpress in history.

You know all those world record holders? How many do you know their name? Can you even count them on your fingers? Greatness is not measured in what you do, but how you live your life. Ask an average person on the street what they know about the great masters and you'll here more trivia about them then things like what painting they painted, what music they made, or how many concerts they held.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner
I will invoke an extreme example here... Suppose someone is brilliant at biology, and with their abilities they might be able to find ways to cure cancer or some other epidemic in the world. Yet, because they don't use their talents and instead do something else, we will never get that. Can we force the person to do biology? No, but we sure as hell can question their decision.
Your entire argument here is based on the word "may", it "may" be good. Wouldn't the person in question know better which "may" is smaller when they make their choices in life? Compared to someone with no experience, I like to think they would. And if you've got the experience, stop telling others and get off your ass and do it yourself. Why should strangers have more right to make the choice; numbers count for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner
People would die to have that gift. People around her will rightfully feel indignant. They would feel cheated by life here, and it's a very natural reaction.
They would, yet nobody comes close to her but the ones at Sakurasou. "They would die for" eh, but they can't spare a moment to visit her, to tak to her, to at least sent her fan mail. The lazy deserve no pity! Talent needs wings to fly too, it's not Shiina's fault her english art fans are not those wings; if anything they had plenty of time, yet here she is in Japan...
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:47   Link #130
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Inspired... that they too will be forced in a bird cage? Give me an example of one of these great masters that did it because other people forced them to do it. I want to hear more about this wonderful slave history you're all working so hard for.
Seriously? Considering your whole argument is base around that line this is the only thing I'm compelled to answer.

As I've just said above, how is she in a bird cage when she could go to not just another street, not just another city, not just another state, but another freaking COUNTRY on another freaking CONTINENT all by herself?

Heck she certainly didn't seem like she was living in a shipping container for two weeks, nor was she a little light on luggage. And someone certainly had made preparations to pick her up.

Were you the type of child that screamed "Oppression!" when people stopped you from going out with your friends?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:54   Link #131
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
... the heart of the matter here is that someone has a gift to do something. People would die to have that gift. People around her will rightfully feel indignant. They would feel cheated by life here, and it's a very natural reaction.
You have to consider why people covet talents they don't have in the first place. It's not generally because they have a passion to make the world a better place and their lack of talent really prevents them from doing so. It's because they think, if only I had that natural talent I could be: happier, more successful, more appreciated, more loved (etc.)... and I wouldn't have to work so hard at life because I'd be "naturally good". It's like winning the lottery; they assume that having that talent will fill some hole in their life and raise them out of their misery. So they want to see people with talent be successful and meet their expectations because they can live vicariously through them. And even as they may be a fan of that person, they often don't really care about them as a person -- they care about them as a sort of aspirational idol. And this is why, when that idol fails to live up to their expectations (because all humans fall, and the higher the pedestal the harder the fall), they get really upset/indignant -- because it reminds them of their own failings, and brings out the dark side of coveting: bitterness and jealousy.

This may all be a "very natural reaction", but it's fundamentally unhealthy because it prevents people from doing the things they can do in the place where they are to make their world and The World a better place.

Rather than focus on what's good for Mashiro, perhaps we should really be talking about what's good for Rita. Perhaps she should pull the plank out of her own eye first.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:55   Link #132
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because A) Nobody likes a one-hit wonder, and B) This is definitely not the pinnacle of her skills- she would continue to improve and improve...
A) Wait, since when has she done only one good painting?

B) This is a circular assumption based on her talent.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:56   Link #133
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Seriously? Considering your whole argument is base around that line this is the only thing I'm compelled to answer.

As I've just said above, how is she in a bird cage when she could go to not just another street, not just another city, not just another state, but another freaking COUNTRY on another freaking CONTINENT all by herself?

Heck she certainly didn't seem like she was living in a shipping container for two weeks, nor was she a little light on luggage. And someone certainly had made preparations to pick her up.

Were you the type of child that screamed "Oppression!" when people stopped you from going out with your friends?
The cage doesn't have to be locked for you to force an animal to live in it; that's the whole point of the metaphor. Just narrow it's entire world to it and there you have it.

Mashiro didn't go from one world to another, she expanded her own limits. Did she ever say she hated painting, she hated England? The episode itself even made it a point to show she's still an artist by having her paint the room. Yet all of you preach how her living in a confined world is for the best, how she needs to be in "England" for her to be the pretty white birdy, because she can't possibly be that outside.

Why did she leave? Because eventually the lie becomes truth and like a domesticated animal, (eventually) she would indeed not be able to live outside of her cage.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:56   Link #134
totoum
Oppai warrior
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Yeah people are acting as if Shiina ran away from home or something and Rita is here to kidnap her

The girl needs a caretaker, so she couldn't have organized this whole trip to Japan by herself, so it's not like the people around her in england denied her the opportunity.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 18:04   Link #135
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because A) Nobody likes a one-hit wonder, and B) This is definitely not the pinnacle of her skills- she would continue to improve and improve...
A) Wait, since when has she done only one good painting?

B) This is a circular assumption based on her talent.


Third, even assuming everything is true: that Mashiro should return to painting, and that no one would recognize her until she continues painting, why does it have to be now? Shiina never blatantly claimed she would never paint again, did she?

Do what her parents do and respect her break. Even if you don't approve of it, at least let her continue for a bit so that there's a higher possibility that she'll come back on her own terms, instead of coming back to painting grudgingly, then burning out later. It's one thing if Shiina was a deadbeat child and didn't want to do anything like a real child. She has her own separate goals and is taking steps to realize them.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 18:10   Link #136
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
A) Wait, since when has she done only one good painting?
Well not literally just one picture, but certainly one big public showing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
B) This is a circular assumption based on her talent.
Had people truly thought that she was at her limit with no room for further improvements, nobody would care about her change in career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Third, even assuming everything is true: that Mashiro should return to painting, and that no one would recognize her until she continues painting, why does it have to be now? Shiina never blatantly claimed she would never paint again, did she?

True, but she never said that she would either.

Had she said that to Rita we might be talking about different things right now.



Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The cage doesn't have to be locked for you to force an animal to live in it; that's the whole point of the metaphor. Just narrow it's entire world to it and there you have it.

Mashiro didn't go from one world to another, she expanded her own limits. Did she ever say she hated painting, she hated England? The episode itself even made it a point to show she's still an artist by having her paint the room. Yet all of you preach how her living in a confined world is for the best, how she needs to be in "England" for her to be the pretty white birdy, because she can't possibly be that outside.

Why did she leave? Because eventually the lie becomes truth and like a domesticated animal, (eventually) she would indeed not be able to live outside of her cage.

She left because she wanted to learn about drawing manga, even when she got to Japan did you see her going "Ahhh freedoommmm! Independence!!!" ? No, she didn't care about those things, her world wasn't narrowed because of other people, she simply didn't care about anything that doesn't capture her interest. Even now this has barely changed.

And why have you suddenly make this about going back to England ? I don't think anybody on my side of the argument have said about going back to England, all we said was going back to painting.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 18:20   Link #137
totoum
Oppai warrior
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And why have you suddenly make this about going back to England? I don't think anybody on my side of the argument have said about going back to England, all we said was going back to painting.
To be fair Rita is here to take her back to england so it's understandable why Shadow5YAwould mention it.

Speaking of Rita,Shiina gave her a nice big welcome hug, so it's not like they were on bad terms over her decision when she left England,.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 18:28   Link #138
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Wow, it's like you're writing the story yourself and had Mashiro's back story all prepared before the author!

She left because she wanted to learn about drawing manga, even when she got to Japan did you see her going "Ahhh freedoommmm! Independence!!!" ? No, she didn't care about those things, her world wasn't narrowed because of other people, she simply didn't care about anything that doesn't capture her interest. Even now this has barely changed.
Who did you say was writing fanfiction here... By your alternative timeline she should have been screeming "Ahhh freedoommmm! Glory!!!" when Rita dropped in; not to say you're wrong and that proves whatever I say is true, but what I mean is her screaming is out of character, when she barely speaks as-is. You know why that is right? She's too tired most of the time, to speak. If the "talented" have-to succumb to the whim's of some majority, does that apply for hard-working people too? If you put in the hard work, are you allowed to choose then, or are you still the tool of the highest bidder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
And why have you suddenly make this about going back to England? I don't think anybody on my side of the argument have said about going back to England, all we said was going back to painting.
If your point is that she needs to inspire (a lot of) people, then in Japan manga will reach an wider audience. Rita made it a point that (plot wise) Mashiro's fans are in England (or more or less the door way to her fans and glory is there). If you want to support their claim to Mashiro's life then obviously her going back to painting means going back to England. Otherwise all paths are equal, and Manga & Japan have more possibilities benefiting Mashiro; while Painting & England stand to only benefit others.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 18:47   Link #139
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Since when was she in a cage? The very fact that she could go to Japan in the first place is proof enough of her freedom.
That was not the point. Read again and think a little.

Let's assume that she has no wish to do what people demand from her. And if those people who believe she is just tool to insipire others and she has no right to live her own life, than the only option for those people would be to put her in a cage and force her to do what they want, because there is chance that she will not accept their nonses and will escape.

The freedom is at the moment lost when people like you force others to drop their dreams and their lifes and make them do what you want them to do.

Quote:
And if you think inspiring a younger generation of potential artists is not an admirable work, well- that just goes to show how short sighted and narrow your thinking is.
No one said that it is not admirable. If she herself wants to do this admirable deed, it's ok because it her choise. Just to make somthing clear. I said that you have no right to force that from people. And why the hell do you think you have the right the right for that in the first place. How arogant can you be?

I wonder who is short sighted and norrow thinking in this whole debate.
After all, it's you who is going against fundamental human rights, against something that people have fighted for centuries and died for, and you have no problem with that, because you justify this with inspiring other people.

Simple question.
Is Shiina just a tool or a human being with rights, such as freedom to chose for herself what she does with her life? What do you believe. And talking around the bush is not allowed. Just a straight answer. Option A or option B.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 18:49   Link #140
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Who did you say was writing fanfiction here... By your alternative timeline she should have been screeming "Ahhh freedoommmm! Glory!!!" when Rita dropped in; not to say you're wrong and that proves whatever I say is true, but what I mean is her screaming is out of character, when she barely speaks as-is. You know why that is right? She's too tired most of the time, to speak. If the "talented" have-to succumb to the whim's of some majority, does that apply for hard-working people too? If you put in the hard work, are you allowed to choose then, or are you still the tool of the highest bidder?
Admittedly my emotions got the better of me when I wrote that first line- I've already removed it from my post before you posted this.

That being said however, why are you acting like there is a Sugou somewhere behind the scenes adjusting his glasses smugly? There isn't a villainous mastermind behind the scenes in this story. All this comes down to is which of her work is better suited in honing her talent.


Quote:
If your point is that she needs to inspire (a lot of) people, then in Japan manga will reach an wider audience. Rita made it a point that (plot wise) Mashiro's fans are in England (or more or less the door way to her fans and glory is there). If you want to support their claim to Mashiro's life then obviously her going back to painting means going back to England. Otherwise all paths are equal, and Manga & Japan have more possibilities benefiting Mashiro; while Painting & England stand to only benefit others.
Wait, are you suggesting that manga beats museum gallery every single time ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.