AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-05, 07:54   Link #601
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
You know, when Samon goes “WTF?!” I thought his voice sounds familiar to me coz I’ve heard that kind of “freaked out” tone before. Turns out his VA (Rikiya Koyama) is the same guy who’s voicing Hakuoro from Utawarerumono. The hilarious Utawarerumono Special Episodes where Hakuoro and others went “crazy” are still fresh on my mind (pure comedy gold). Man, I love Rikki's freaked-out voice.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 09:05   Link #602
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
poor Samon, he cant understand the logic of these kids

Yoshino finally taking centre stage, maybe he firmly believe Mahiro will not kill him after learning who is Aika's boyfriend
__________________
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 13:00   Link #603
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
poor Samon, he cant understand the logic of these kids

Yoshino finally taking centre stage, maybe he firmly believe Mahiro will not kill him after learning who is Aika's boyfriend
Or maybe he is even willing to risk that, to try and save Hakaze..
__________________
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 13:37   Link #604
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Tomohisa Sako (Shounen-T or T-kun) will sing Zetsuen no Tempest ED2 "Bokutachi no Uta"
Quote:
佐香 智久(少年T) ‏@syounen_t_sako
生放送で告知したとおり、1月30日リリースする5thシングル「僕たちの歌」が
アニメ「絶園のテンペスト」のEDになります!アニメと共に是非ご覧ください!お楽しみにっ♪
Source

I don't think he has made any voice acting role, but do you think he will join the cast? Just speculating since Kana Hanazawa was the one who sang the ED and turned out to be Aika.

EDIT:Scan about the single
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________

Last edited by Bern-san; 2012-12-05 at 15:45. Reason: added scan
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 16:45   Link #605
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
poor Samon, he cant understand the logic of these kids

Yoshino finally taking centre stage, maybe he firmly believe Mahiro will not kill him after learning who is Aika's boyfriend
Or he's thinking that it's tomorrow's problem.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 15:32   Link #606
Deltaray
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Age: 21
So, another episode with 100% material from original source, good stuff.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 17:03   Link #607
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
These last two episodes really do illustrate why Yoshino is so awesome.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 17:42   Link #608
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lurking
Age: 25
20 mins of Samon getting slaughtered, great episode.
__________________

Current Sig
Mimi
(Atelier Meruru)


Last Sig
Sinanju(Poco)


Avatar
Anmi
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 17:56   Link #609
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
They cut a lot of the fight between Evangeline and Natsumura. Too bad, it showed she didn't just rely on the talismans, she tried to be clever, too. (She had to, against a bona fide magician.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 18:00   Link #610
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They cut a lot of the fight between Evangeline and Natsumura. Too bad, it showed she didn't just rely on the talismans, she tried to be clever, too. (She had to, against a bona fide magician.)
This was the one thing I was disappointed in. She put up a really good fight in the manga and the anime just made her look really weak.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 18:13   Link #611
shinigami99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Britannia
Yoshino
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 18:15   Link #612
totoum
Oppai warrior
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
20 mins of Samon getting slaughtered, great episode.
Reminded me of a scoobi doo villain “…and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!"
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 18:34   Link #613
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
This was the one thing I was disappointed in. She put up a really good fight in the manga and the anime just made her look really weak.
Agree, I like BONES animating fights so I was expecting this one Poor Evangeline she was quite badass in the fight.
Maybe they're saving budget for episode 12?


On another note, the second opening (no details about it yet) and ending will appear in episode 13.
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 18:38   Link #614
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Excellent. Again, I'm still amazed by how basically this episode (and the previous one) was staged in a single place and the characters actually never moved from their spots Even the magic factor, except for the "backgrounds", has been evoked and not actually showed. Still I could feel it. (even if I would have liked Yoshino explanation more).
And I didn't use "staged" by chance. This is a theatrical performance disguised as an anime. Or the thing that comes closest to it.
Samon going overboard in his playing is a clear sign of it He is a mage, why didn't he use brute force to bring the talisman? Ok, because it's risky, but I like to think that it is even because it would have been out of place in that "stage". Not to mention the hilarity of the situation
And I liked that even if Yoshino took the scene, each character got his time and his "role". I mean, I would have expected to see a Mashiro less aware of what was happening (sorry Mashiro), instead he got everything

Anyways, after having said that, now it's time to move on ... come onnn, I'm curious!!

On a small side note, why has Yoshino decided that Hakase's side is the right one? Nothing was told about which side is right yet. So shooting the talisman would have been a bit risky, wouldn't it?
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 19:41   Link #615
mistress_kisara
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Samon with another crazy face
__________________
mistress_kisara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 21:37   Link #616
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Excellent. Again, I'm still amazed by how basically this episode (and the previous one) was staged in a single place and the characters actually never moved from their spots Even the magic factor, except for the "backgrounds", has been evoked and not actually showed. Still I could feel it. (even if I would have liked Yoshino explanation more).
And I didn't use "staged" by chance. This is a theatrical performance disguised as an anime. Or the thing that comes closest to it.
Samon going overboard in his playing is a clear sign of it He is a mage, why didn't he use brute force to bring the talisman? Ok, because it's risky, but I like to think that it is even because it would have been out of place in that "stage". Not to mention the hilarity of the situation
And I liked that even if Yoshino took the scene, each character got his time and his "role". I mean, I would have expected to see a Mashiro less aware of what was happening (sorry Mashiro), instead he got everything

Anyways, after having said that, now it's time to move on ... come onnn, I'm curious!!

On a small side note, why has Yoshino decided that Hakase's side is the right one? Nothing was told about which side is right yet. So shooting the talisman would have been a bit risky, wouldn't it?
Yoshino decided to save Hakaze based on that one conversation with Aika. He decided he was the only one that could take that role. Even Samon says this episode that even though the bluff theory was completely wrong if the talisman was fired he would have had no choice but to bring the princess back which makes it a win for their side.

Also you're overestimating the mages a bit. Remember Natsumura is considered the strongest fighter in the clan, not Samon. Now also remember that there's no attack magic in the clan and that Mahiro had held his own against Natsumura. Like Samon said there was too much risk for him to even try taking it. All Mahiro would need to do is pull a trigger and his plans would go up in flames.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 21:54   Link #617
shinigami99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Britannia
Does anyone have a screencap of that scene where Samon is staring at a superimposed/giant Yoshino? It was so funny lol
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 22:02   Link #618
mistress_kisara
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
Does anyone have a screencap of that scene where Samon is staring at a superimposed/giant Yoshino? It was so funny lol
Here you go

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
mistress_kisara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 22:10   Link #619
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
How many episodes is this series? I really like it, I hope its not 12.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 22:13   Link #620
mistress_kisara
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
How many episodes is this series? I really like it, I hope its not 12.
Confirmed to be 2-cour since there's 2nd OP and ED announced
__________________
mistress_kisara is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bones, gangan, magic, mystery, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.