AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-08, 23:24   Link #581
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Oda could have said no. He didn't even consider her cute. We can agree to disagree.
What I'm objecting to is Ryouta beating him up. You seem to be skirting oddly around that, but presumably what you're saying is that it's okay and justified for a person to beat a friend to a pulp if they sleep with someone they admire from afar and had no relationship with. Since that seems to be what you mean, then yes, we'll have to agree to disagree, because I think that sort of conduct is totally unacceptable.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 23:43   Link #582
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
What I'm objecting to is Ryouta beating him up. You seem to be skirting oddly around that, but presumably what you're saying is that it's okay and justified for a person to beat a friend to a pulp if they sleep with someone they admire from afar and had no relationship with. Since that seems to be what you mean, then yes, we'll have to agree to disagree, because I think that sort of conduct is totally unacceptable.
I wasn't skirting anything. I clearly stated that I felt that it was justified. I agree to disagree.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 04:49   Link #583
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I agree to disagree.
ROW-ROW FIGHT DA POWAH?
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 08:11   Link #584
chancs
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: where magic is reality
Send a message via Skype™ to chancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
What I'm objecting to is Ryouta beating him up. You seem to be skirting oddly around that, but presumably what you're saying is that it's okay and justified for a person to beat a friend to a pulp if they sleep with someone they admire from afar and had no relationship with. Since that seems to be what you mean, then yes, we'll have to agree to disagree, because I think that sort of conduct is totally unacceptable.
Ryouta was right in beating him up to a pulp. Oda was already dating with other girl. He had no reason to go with another one. If a girl confesses, this doesn't mean that you have to also go along with the flow. He not only betrayed his now ex-girlfriend but also destroyed the trust. And remember that it is very easy to break trust than to build it.

And lets face it. Girls are not like clothes in a department store where you go and ask for a dressing room.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 14:05   Link #585
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
You know, I'm not even thinking about justification.

The emotional surge that comes from such events is what makes it happen. People get beaten to a pulp over things like this all the time. It doesn't have to be justified.

I mean, Sakamoto still got himself expelled so it's not like he got away with it scot-free.


And whether that was Sakamoto's motivation or not doesn't even matter, Oda -REALLY- deserved to be punched in the face regardless of whether he betrayed Sakamoto or not.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 14:19   Link #586
Znail
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Oda seems to be a psycopath due to his total lack of empathy. He cheated on his girlfriend to have a one night stand with his friends love interest, just because he could and didn't seem to realise that anyone would mind. Working as a host would suit him perfectly as it's all about acting like a nice guy while not giving a crap.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 15:13   Link #587
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Oda was a complete jerk in what he did and didn't even care at all about it.
- He was already in a relationship and cheated and he saw no problem with what he did.
- He clearly knew that his "best" friend liked Aiko and still did it with her and he saw no problem with what he did.
- He was not in love with Aiko, but just used her feelings for him to give his "best" friend a lesson, and that in an incredible twisted way. And he saw no problem with what he did.
Friends don't do something like that and human beings with a conscience don't do something like that either.
From my point of view, Ode deserved the beating he got.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 16:25   Link #588
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Your gf tells you someone tried to kill her, and your response is she's crazy and that person is a good guy.

I mean, I get it. We're creating drama in a fictional story meant to entertain here, but people who act like this in real life go on my list.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 04:41   Link #589
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Ryouta was right in beating him up to a pulp. Oda was already dating with other girl. He had no reason to go with another one. If a girl confesses, this doesn't mean that you have to also go along with the flow. He not only betrayed his now ex-girlfriend but also destroyed the trust. And remember that it is very easy to break trust than to build it.

And lets face it. Girls are not like clothes in a department store where you go and ask for a dressing room.
Thing is, Ryouta wasn't upset about the way Oda was treating the girls, based on the info in the anime. I could easily understand it if that was the reason, but it wasn't. He was upset because he felt betrayed and humiliated. And yes, he had reason to feel betrayed on his own account (although from the angle of "This guy slept with a girl I never intended to even ask out, I'm so humiliated!"...really, Ryouta? Maybe it's something more like "I told this guy my secrets and he went and did this, it's humiliating" which would be better). Oda's behaviour towards him was bad. But it's not so bad that it justified beating him to a pulp.

Whether there's reason for the audience to look at the other factors and think that Oda had it coming, that's a different story. Ryouta's actual reasons weren't good enough for something that extreme, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The emotional surge that comes from such events is what makes it happen. People get beaten to a pulp over things like this all the time. It doesn't have to be justified.

I mean, Sakamoto still got himself expelled so it's not like he got away with it scot-free.
Yep, all true. And, well, by now Oda's already tried to kill Sakamoto off with bombs in order to get food. I don't think either of them's going to be holding a grudge over the situation before. Although it's going to be interesting to see how those two interact in future.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 11:37   Link #590
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
At least you can agree that regardless of Sakamoto's motivation, Oda totally deserved that.

And no, I don't think either of them have a grudge over it. Neither of them is the type. They move on.


I have to say this though. The whole "He didn't even ask her out." angle. Even though he didn't ask her out, doesn't take away his right to feel that way. I'm not sure if you know what it's like to be unable to ask someone out, but for one, it will cause the emotion to remain for a much longer time. And really, what kind of friend goes for the girl that another guy likes anyways?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 12:31   Link #591
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Even if we forget for e second that he treated those girls like trash. He betrayed their friendship, stabbed him in the back in an extremely despicable way and was not even feeling gulity about it or a hint of remorse or regtet over what he did. Oda just deserved it.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 12:42   Link #592
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
At least you can agree that regardless of Sakamoto's motivation, Oda totally deserved that.
...? You're mistaken. I didn't agree to anything like that. I don't think he did deserve it. Ryouta lost it to the point where it looked as if he might have killed or seriously injured Oda if people hadn't stopped him. He was hitting him hard in the head multiple times. And Btooom is a relatively realistic series, not one filled with tons of fantasy violence. (OK, OK, it has bombs in a murder game on an island, and assorted people have managed to dodge bombs that should've killed them, but still.) Oda behaved very badly, but Ryouta could've killed him or caused serious damage, and that's a lot worse than anything Oda did.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 17:42   Link #593
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
I'm sorry, I meant to put a question mark in the place where there is a period, as it was an assumption and not a fact.

Still though, apparently you do not think he is the worst scum of the earth. Which... I guess... To each their own. If you think playing with girls like they're dolls and betraying friends like they don't have feelings is ok, then that's up to you.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 07:48   Link #594
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Still though, apparently you do not think he is the worst scum of the earth. Which... I guess... To each their own. If you think playing with girls like they're dolls and betraying friends like they don't have feelings is ok, then that's up to you.
That doesn't hang together logically, and you should already know that. I've been saying consistently that what Oda did was not okay, and that he behaved very badly.

Also, saying that someone shouldn't be given a savage beating from someone who could easily have killed him does not mean condoing every action of the person who got beaten up. That's a straw man argument.

Still. Oda's definitely not the worst scum of the Earth, or at least he wasn't before he went to the island. If he really were the worst scum of the Earth, or at least the Btoooom! world, you'd have to be saying he's worse than Date, Kōsuke, and worse than the guys who raped Himiko's friends, right? Or at least on an even level with them. But we all know that's not true. He cheated on his girlfriend and betrayed a friend, but that's a world away from the actions of those characters.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 11:22   Link #595
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Because being a lvl5 scum or a lvl9 scum is soooo different.
__________________
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 12:34   Link #596
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Because being a lvl5 scum or a lvl9 scum is soooo different.
Well...yeah, it is. You don't think there's a big difference between someone like Kōsuke who's committed multiple murders for the lulz and raped the corpses, and Oda as a schoolkid who cheated on his girlfriend with a consenting girl whom he knew his friend liked?

Big difference! Huge difference! Are you seriously intending to imply that you don't see much of a difference between the two? What the hell.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 13:14   Link #597
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
If you mean the kid, he's not scum. He is insane and should be locked away forever for the safety of himself and everyone around him.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 02:43   Link #598
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Well...yeah, it is. You don't think there's a big difference between someone like Kōsuke who's committed multiple murders for the lulz and raped the corpses, and Oda as a schoolkid who cheated on his girlfriend with a consenting girl whom he knew his friend liked?

Big difference! Huge difference! Are you seriously intending to imply that you don't see much of a difference between the two? What the hell.
In the end they're both scum. You are nitpicking very hard.
__________________
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 06:15   Link #599
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If you mean the kid, he's not scum. He is insane and should be locked away forever for the safety of himself and everyone around him.
Nah, just beam him to the Psychopass universe and have Kogami point a Denominator at him. No need to waste money on locking him up.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 12:06   Link #600
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
I've watched the preview of the 11th episode and can pretty much confirm that there won't be filler ending - and they'll end on 50th chapter. Well, I thought so since the begging - that chapter is somewhat perfect for the ending.
Spoiler for ep.11:

Last edited by Iby; 2012-12-13 at 12:34.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.