AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-10, 22:06   Link #41
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Then i remembered Goku who always wanted to have good fights above all else, of course in this case we could immagine an evil-goku Previously we didn't have such a character in this manga who just wants to fight for the enjoyment of fighting and not for some goals (both Sasuke and Naruto fight for a reason, not just because they enjoy it), so i was thinking maybe Madara could be such a character.
we have had characters like that before in akatsuki like deidara and hidan who just wanted to fight for the thrill of it. that lifestyle worked better for them since they were around kage level and did have a threat to them whether they chose to acknowledge it or not (which they didn't since they were both egomaniacs as well). but for madara, he's already too strong to be able to live like that. there doesn't really get much better an opponent in the ninja world than all 5 kages at once. and even though it wasn't an easy fight, he not only beat them, he taunted them the entire time suggesting that he had plenty of time to think and be disappointed in their performance. i think it is god level. he has infinite chakra and cannot be destroyed. all he can be is sealed which is the typical downfall for an omnipotent immortal in stories.

i agree that madara playing puppetmaster in a dream wouldn't be fun for him, but i also dont think that's what he really wants. if he were to setup something like the cell games in a tsukiomi world and power everyone up then that would be more his style. i'm not saying that's exactly what he wants either, but i highly doubt peace or full control over everyone's actions are what he wants. i think he probably only wants a new rival to replace hashirama
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 12:57   Link #42
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
we have had characters like that before in akatsuki like deidara and hidan who just wanted to fight for the thrill of it. that lifestyle worked better for them since they were around kage level and did have a threat to them whether they chose to acknowledge it or not (which they didn't since they were both egomaniacs as well). but for madara, he's already too strong to be able to live like that. there doesn't really get much better an opponent in the ninja world than all 5 kages at once. and even though it wasn't an easy fight, he not only beat them, he taunted them the entire time suggesting that he had plenty of time to think and be disappointed in their performance. i think it is god level. he has infinite chakra and cannot be destroyed. all he can be is sealed which is the typical downfall for an omnipotent immortal in stories.

i agree that madara playing puppetmaster in a dream wouldn't be fun for him, but i also dont think that's what he really wants. if he were to setup something like the cell games in a tsukiomi world and power everyone up then that would be more his style. i'm not saying that's exactly what he wants either, but i highly doubt peace or full control over everyone's actions are what he wants. i think he probably only wants a new rival to replace hashirama
I could see Madara doing something a bit different with the moon eye plan then Obito expects.

Madara making everyone fight in tournaments in the genjutsu does seem more like something he would do instead of just making the genjutsu a world of peace. Unless Madara changed so much that he just wanted peace rather then to fight.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 13:10   Link #43
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I don't see why he can't make a world of peace where he can also fight. I mean it makes everyone's dream come sort-of-true right?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 14:03   Link #44
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i agree that madara playing puppetmaster in a dream wouldn't be fun for him, but i also dont think that's what he really wants. if he were to setup something like the cell games in a tsukiomi world and power everyone up then that would be more his style. i'm not saying that's exactly what he wants either, but i highly doubt peace or full control over everyone's actions are what he wants. i think he probably only wants a new rival to replace hashirama
i would like to see Madara just turn around and start smacking the juubi in the face...but he'll prolly end up having to fight a naruto/sasuke tag team...
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 14:43   Link #45
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
we have had characters like that before in akatsuki like deidara and hidan who just wanted to fight for the thrill of it.
What i meant is a guy whose primary goal in life is to have great battles. Deidara's main goal was to refine his "art", while Hidan was worshiping a god. So in my opinon neither of these two or any other akatsuki fit the Evil-Goku personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
... i think it is god level. ...
Those are good points, we really can't say for sure what is Madara's motivation from his actions until now.

To me it seemed that Madara always uses just as much power as it is needed to have an interesting and risky fight, so i concluded that he wants to have fun by taking some risk. I mean he was always reacting to stronger attacks by activating stronger jutsu of his own. First sharingan, then EMS, then rinnegan. He could have ended quickly the whole thing with a perfect susano, but he just chose to have fun and he even stated that. Of course we could say that it's not Madara's will but the author wanted that the readers get an interesting fight, but if Madara started with a perfect susano right away then there wouldn't be any fight.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-12-11 at 14:55.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 15:29   Link #46
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^^Do we know if he's got any other (significantly more powerful) techniques to resort to beyond perfect susano? Because the only good reason I could see him not using that instantly is because it's his trump card.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 16:23   Link #47
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
^^Do we know if he's got any other (significantly more powerful) techniques to resort to beyond perfect susano? Because the only good reason I could see him not using that instantly is because it's his trump card.
He supposedly has mastered the use of rinnegan just like Nagato, and we saw him disposing of Naruto's rasenshuriken just like Pain did. He also could absorb any non-physical attack. So i guess he can do all 6 paths if he wanted to.
If he really has infinite chakra as a zombie then he should be able to use his perfect susano as much as he wants, so then it's not a "trump card" which he uses only when no other option is given. But who knows, it may be that Edo Tensei has also a weakness that Kabuto didn't know, i mean infinite chakra simply sounds too simple, even dumb. And if Madara knows about that then it would make sense that he doesn't want to overuse his perfect susano because it's too much risk for him.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 17:10   Link #48
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If he really has infinite chakra as a zombie then he should be able to use his perfect susano as much as he wants, so then it's not a "trump card" which he uses only when no other option is given.
I guess our opinions on what makes a trump card a trump card might differ a little then. It never occurred to me to factor freedom of usage--or lack thereof--into it before. I've always just regarded the trump card as the last and most useful technique to fall back, even if that technique could be used infinitely. Though admittedly, that's typically not the case.

In other words, if someone were to actually find a way to counter perfect susano, he wouldn't have any other plausible techniques left that would be as effective (even with supposedly infinite chakra). With that said, it'd be hard to believe someone like Madara wouldn't have *something* else left to use in the unlikely event Susano fails. As you basically said, and now that I think about it, his mastery over the rinnegan must grant him other options that are just as (if not more) useful.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 18:05   Link #49
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I guess our opinions on what makes a trump card a trump card might differ a little then. It never occurred to me to factor freedom of usage--or lack thereof--into it before. I've always just regarded the trump card as the last and most useful technique to fall back, even if that technique could be used infinitely. Though admittedly, that's typically not the case.
If it can be used infinitely there's no point in not using it always. It's usually the strongest card you have in your hand, but you can use it only once. Or maybe more than once but the next time it's much less effective either because it was a secret (for example a secret jutsu or ability that once discovered the enemy can prepare to counter it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
In other words, if someone were to actually find a way to counter perfect susano, he wouldn't have any other plausible techniques left that would be as effective (even with supposedly infinite chakra).
I think in this case it's the huge power of the jutsu that matters and not if it's secret. It's hard to believe anyone can find a strategy to deal with it, one has to power up to a level to deal with it. What i mean is that no matter how smart Kakashi or Shikamaru are they simply can't do anything if it's overwhelming power. For example Kakashi figured out a strategy against Pain and he even outsmarted Pain but he just could not win due to the huge gap between their power levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
his mastery over the rinnegan must grant him other options that are just as (if not more) useful.
He left all the stuff to Nagato and Obito, including the gedo mazo statue and the knowledge that's in the secret Uchiha scrolls. So he should have some more tricks If he turns out to be the final villain then he definitely will have to know many more tricks.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 18:41   Link #50
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If it can be used infinitely there's no point in not using it always.
I just can't quite agree with that notion. I mean theoretically, if I had an ace up my sleeve, and it was the best trick I had going, I'd still be very hesitant to use it as a first resort, even if this trick was something I could spam indefinitely. And the reason for that rationale seems similar to something you stated later on in your most recent reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It's usually the strongest card you have in your hand, but you can use it only once. Or maybe more than once but the next time it's much less effective either because it was a secret (for example a secret jutsu or ability that once discovered the enemy can prepare to counter it).
^^The part I bolded was the rationale I was referring to. Needless to say, I agree with this since I did consider the possibility of perfect susano only being "perfect" because hardly anyone with enough intelligence and power has been afforded the opportunity necessary to discover any imperfections to exploit. Afterall, just witnessing the completed susano seems like an incredibly rare spectacle. So I do wonder if there's still a slim possibility for someone to find an easy solution to defeat the technique or if pure overwhelming power will be the only solution afterall (as you've predicted).

Beyond that, I pretty much agreed with everything else.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 19:06   Link #51
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
^
At some point Madara tells to the hokages that nobody ever lived who saw it. So going by that he can spam it because it still remains a secret since everybody who saw the jutsu has been killed

But i guess that's not the full reality since the 1st hokage won against Madara, so he had to witness that monstruosity and also defeat it. And since it has already been defeated i don't think that it will be the ultimate move of Madara, his ultimate jutsu should be something that not even the 1st hokage would be able to beat.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I just can't quite agree with that notion. I mean theoretically, if I had an ace up my sleeve, and it was the best trick I had going, I'd still be very hesitant to use it as a first resort, even if this trick was something I could spam indefinitely. And the reason for that rationale seems similar to something you stated later on in your most recent reply.
Yeah, i understood what you meant, that's why i replied that in my opinion that move is not a "trick", it has no secret, it's simply so much powerful and "perfect" that it doesn't seem that revealing it would be a bad idea. Of course this would not be true if there were many people near Madara's power level, but currently we know of only one It's like having a gun in a sword fight, if you reveal it the next guy with a sword won't learn any good strategies, because there's simply no good strategy to beat a gun with a sword.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 19:28   Link #52
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It's like having a gun in a sword fight, if you reveal it the next guy with a sword won't learn any good strategies, because there's simply no good strategy to beat a gun with a sword.
unless it's in a shinichiro watanabe anime

but yea, i agree that perfect susano'o is a trump card, but it also wasn't used as a trump card imho. i think madara was just having fun as you said initially. he also wanted to try out the hashirama cells and wood element and then when he got bored with the kages he chose the quickest technique to destroy them so he could go see what obito was doing.

i'm sure madara has more up his sleeve, but so does perfect susano'o. we barely saw what it is capable of, so the next major fight madara has, he will assuredly use perfect susano'o and showcase all its abilities
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 01:42   Link #53
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
The new thread has been started. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:57   Link #54
StinkyKush
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
LOL, "he only had the intel on their abilities recently but he already made such a smart strategy! Thats Shikamarus dad for you" NO shit! people from stone use earth, mist use water, cloud use lightning, leaf use fire, sand use wind.... EVERYONE knows that
The war has gotten brutal and has drastically lowered my ranking of Naruto and how good the manga is..
Also how can Naruto go into sage mode without even gathering any energy.. kind of stupid, or hell gather for 2 seconds
StinkyKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.