AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-13, 04:56   Link #301
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Mizuki really is lost in the real world.
Guess reality of the new era was much more to handle that he thought.
From one trouble to another LOL
Mizuki wanting to be like Kurama was just ridiculous.
I'm glad he realized he's better off at the shrine.
Nanami & Tomoe second part was fun.
The amusement park date thing was interesting.
Wow, Tomoe actually had fun ^^
On the other hand Nanami's jealousy got out of hand.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 05:50   Link #302
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
In other news, now you too may have your very own shrine familiar waiting for you in bed.

Cool, being a God is not such a repulsive idea to me now
__________________
A politically ignorant person who embraces only hedonism as the main philosophical doctrine.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 07:44   Link #303
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yamabuki Art High School
Age: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
That said... what another unique ending this is.. who are those girls doing tea drinking dance..
I believe that is the music video for the song as performed by Hanae which was released about a month ago.

This version is a cover. The original was performed by a 1960's Japanese band called "The Tempters":
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I came across the Hanae video a couple weeks back while searching for the original. I found it here, but it may not be there too long. Another copy I found was blocked, either because I don't live in Japan, or because it was pulled. The notice was in Japanese so I couldn't tell the reason.

I don't get the Hanae video either, to be honest, except as a chance to show a bunch of cute girls in schoolgirl uniforms drinking tea and carrying large parasols. And what's with the blindfolds? (I might ask Ledgem given his profile picture.) The washed-out color scheme is a bit odd, too. With the long skirts it makes the video feel like its from another era, the 50-60's perhaps, or even earlier.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 08:53   Link #304
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
In other news, now you too may have your very own shrine familiar waiting for you in bed.

Can I have my own brunette kami-sama?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 10:21   Link #305
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I know Kurama is not a familiar but it would have been more awesome a Kurama dakimura than a Mizuki one.

About the episode, I really liked it. Out of the 3 shojos this is my favorite one and the one I have less problems in terms of adaptation. But to be honest I've forgotten many things about the manga
Hope this sells well enough to have a 2nd season with God summit arc (and if possible, Kurama arc).

Hanae's video is weird but I like those retro vibes.
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 10:42   Link #306
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
In other news, now you too may have your very own shrine familiar waiting for you in bed.

*cough* Ill be in my bunk.
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 11:06   Link #307
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yamabuki Art High School
Age: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
*cough* Ill be in my bunk.
I notice a distinct dearth of equivalent Nanami items.

I had to narrow my search down to make sure I wasn't looking just for "Nanami dakimakura" since a search for that phrase brings up this (most definitely NSFW!).
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 15:32   Link #308
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
In other news, now you too may have your very own shrine familiar waiting for you in bed.

I'll take sleeping on the left side, thanks. *shoves Bun-bun to the right* >:-D
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 15:38   Link #309
endlessabyss
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gah. It's so hard to choose. Either it's Mizuki's sly and sexy figure or Tomoe's innocent and sexy figure, but I'll probably go with Tomoe because I have this urge to play with Tomoe's tail.

Last edited by endlessabyss; 2012-12-13 at 18:25. Reason: Wrong word. ^^; Stroke --> Play
endlessabyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 17:54   Link #310
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
In other news, now you too may have your very own shrine familiar waiting for you in bed.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Soooo..... do they have Kurama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I believe that is the music video for the song as performed by Hanae which was released about a month ago.

This version is a cover. The original was performed by a 1960's Japanese band called "The Tempters":
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Aha! So that's why it was so retro! And this is why it's not the A side of the Hanae single. (And bee-dah to the people going "eww" when Kurama sang it, it was written for male singers, after all!) The original is a pretty good song as well, I really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't get the Hanae video either, to be honest, except as a chance to show a bunch of cute girls in schoolgirl uniforms drinking tea and carrying large parasols. And what's with the blindfolds? (I might ask Ledgem given his profile picture.) The washed-out color scheme is a bit odd, too. With the long skirts it makes the video feel like its from another era, the 50-60's perhaps, or even earlier.
I think it just plays with the retro mood of the song. The video is sort of pseudo-retro, and it has all these proper "good girls" in school uniforms doing all sorts of proper girly things, singing about how they want to be bad girls.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 18:06   Link #311
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Can I have my own brunette kami-sama?
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
*cough* Ill be in my bunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I'll take sleeping on the left side, thanks. *shoves Bun-bun to the right* >:-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessabyss View Post
Gah. It's so hard to choose. Either it's Mizuki's sly and sexy figure or Tomoe's innocent and sexy figure, but I'll probably go with Tomoe because I have this urge to stroke Tomoe's tail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Soooo..... do they have Kurama?
Hmmm... So this is what it's like in the opposite camp....

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-12-13 at 19:55.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 19:54   Link #312
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Screw hug pillows/sheets give me figures!
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 20:22   Link #313
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
*cough* Ill be in my bunk.
This is made even funnier the way your avatar keeps glancing over at them. XD If we're going to request things then I'm requesting cute keychains of all the characters please!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:15   Link #314
Ingram
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I notice a distinct dearth of equivalent Nanami items.
That's probably not terribly unusual for a shoujo series, or maybe I just don't pay much attention to merchandise. Most of my imports are BDs, CDs, and series' artbooks. I only import figures, etc., on rare occasions.
Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:19   Link #315
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I notice a distinct dearth of equivalent Nanami items.

I had to narrow my search down to make sure I wasn't looking just for "Nanami dakimakura" since a search for that phrase brings up this (most definitely NSFW!).
TBT Nanami is no Belldandy.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 02:14   Link #316
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
I seriously wonder where Tomoe got that hairpin? And whether if it truly did belong to Yukiji.

Okay, it's a bit surprising that they would start that set of events in the last episode (ep12), which was shown in the preview. Unless they plan to cram it all in within one episode. I have an inkling feeling I know how they will end this but I'll see how well they pull it off next week. Aww...it will end soon...

I totally love Tomoe's laugh! Want to hear more!

Also, was I the only one to have an instant BL flash when I saw that scene where Kurama ate Mizuki's tomato? (...er wait...what I just said...didn't sound...quite right...)
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------

Last edited by PreSage; 2012-12-14 at 14:19. Reason: grammar OTL
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 03:27   Link #317
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
TBT Nanami is no Belldandy.
I have to disagree there sir, I think Nanami is very much the superior goddess. The last episode actually made me yearn for some kind of love life again, since Nanami basically hits every checkpoint for girls that are my type and kinda reminds me of a girl I used to know (and had a thing for).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Hmmm... So this is what it's like in the opposite camp....
The opposite camp?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 03:53   Link #318
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Aha! So that's why it was so retro! And this is why it's not the A side of the Hanae single. (And bee-dah to the people going "eww" when Kurama sang it, it was written for male singers, after all!) The original is a pretty good song as well, I really like it.
What?! I say when Kurama sang it.. I laugh hard!!! The way he sang it was so unique that I want his version than the original...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 06:35   Link #319
hoofy
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Also, was I the only one to have an instant BL flash when I saw that scene where Kurama ate Mizuki's tomato? (...er wait...what I just said...didn't sounded...quite right...)
a cherry tomato, at that ...
hoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 06:40   Link #320
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Okay, it's a bit surprising that they would start that set of events in the last episode (ep12), which was shown in the preview. Unless they plan to cram it all in within one episode. I have an inkling feeling I know how they will end this but I'll see how well they pull it off next week. Aww...it will end soon...
So it's going to have 12 episodes, not 13?
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, shoujo, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.