AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-14, 16:50   Link #681
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
They specialize in healing magic, so, yeah. Plus, Samon may have taken steps to ensure the teleport would be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah I found the whole "we can't kill" thing completely laughable. How many cities have these people destroyed over the past couple years? Pretty damn convenient logic they are working with. How hard anyways can it be to get forgiveness from a tree that doesn't mind that you are working to revive it's bitter enemy?

Well glad they are working their way into getting Hakaze back. Though have to wonder where they hid this great piece of civilization. Somewhere easy to get to, but hard enough that Hakaze wouldn't stumble upon it while living out life on that island.

Kind of weird though how they brought up this method. Moving Hakaze's flesh from the past into the future. Just kind of creepy what they are trying to do here. Fling her over time and stick her organs and everything into this skeleton.
Did they explain about the fruit in the anime? I don't remember. Besides, remember the stakes.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 09:22   Link #682
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Megumu Hanemura character design
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 12:05   Link #683
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Megumu Hanemura character design
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Any info on who he is?
Or is that a spoiler?
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 12:25   Link #684
Ghanw
(-_-)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere
Do you really want to know who he is, but if you do then the spoiler is big
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 13:11   Link #685
romcom89
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I want to know who this is. You can write it per PN to me
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 21:41   Link #686
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
I'm curious where this is going, but at this point you could give me 13 more episodes of Samon saying "SHOUNEN!" and banging his sword hilt on the ground and I'd be pretty good with that.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 00:14   Link #687
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Well it's not like her skeleton continues to grow after her "death", so it should be just fine. The world's logic favors her as Samon's constantly reminds us.
Well, logically speaking, there’ll be a lot of medical/health issues with Hakaze attaching her flesh and organs on her skeleton that has been exposed for quite some time now. There’s a difference between “living bones” and “dead bones” after all. Still, this is an anime filled with magic, so yeah, why bother?

Btw, I like Samon’s cellphone. Where can I get one that can work like his?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 01:38   Link #688
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
From the fiction's perspective, the magic of logic is its own paradigm. The logic of magic can override the logic of medical science. Since it's "magic", they are able to go back in time and change the history. However, the logic of readership will decline due to the uninteresting plot.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 02:14   Link #689
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Did they explain about the fruit in the anime? I don't remember. Besides, remember the stakes.
Well yeah, the stakes are Samon's guess that they are saving the world. He has no better basis for his guess than Hakaze, but Hakaze's plan doesn't involve the guaranteed slaughter of thousands/millions. Unless you mean the fruit isn't going to permanently turn people into metal sculptures which I don't remember the anime covering.

Either way the stakes are high on both sides and considering how things don't seem to be going according to plan for Samon....I'm not inclined to bet the world on his suspicions .
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 02:46   Link #690
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
This might be out of nowhere, but for the longest(i.e. ep 1) I can't see Mahiro as anything but an ass =0\. There is NO way I could have watched this series with him as the central protagonist. The story, characters(sans Mahiro), and mythical aspects of this show keep me watching week after week, but what I can't wait to see is Yoshino telling Mahiro that he was the one dating Aika, only for Mahiro to cry and get angry, knowing that Yoshino is forever fortified in Aika's heart as her #1 into her death, only to receive more love from Hakase when Yoshino's intentions bear fruit while leaving Mahiro a lonely tsun that never had the love of anyone else...
__________________
Even young love hurts MAL account

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 09:03   Link #691
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Of course, the biggest hole in this guess is why would the Princess of Exodus want to be the cause that triggers the rescue of the Princess of Genesis? I mean, why would the Tree of Exodus set the wheels in motion for what will be the stoppage of its revival? It doesn't make sense, but then again, it's main facet is it being illogical, so maybe shooting itself in the foot is 'in character'...
well as logical as the very mages of the Tree of Genesis is trying to revive it's biggest rival the Tree of Exodus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
So, these mages aren't supposed to kill? Such semantic reasoning is what lead to the Nazis to exterminate 12 million people in concentration camps. I mean, that's an awful lot of people these mages have killed/turned to stone indirectly. Or, in a more tongue-in-cheek vein, killing is ok if the tree says it's ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah I found the whole "we can't kill" thing completely laughable. How many cities have these people destroyed over the past couple years? Pretty damn convenient logic they are working with. How hard anyways can it be to get forgiveness from a tree that doesn't mind that you are working to revive it's bitter enemy?
IKR?but anyway if I recall it wasn't really the presence of the Fruits (of Exodus)nor the mages (genesis) themselves which caused them to turn to metal, but rather the Tree of Genesis. Sort of a preventive mechanism it put in place to prevent any Human (or other living thing?) from attempting to revive the Tree of Exodus before it hibernated. Of course indirectly the mages (genesis) are still responsible knowing that this will happen but I guess they're in kinda of a tough spot, with human extinction possibly on the line.

On the morality of killing though. I think it would be strange to tack Human morals and values to an entity like the Tree of Genesis ( & the Tree of Exodus for that matter) because first of all they're not human nor part of our community/civilization, apparently Logic is the main driving force of the tree of Genesis. Humans are like Ants to it, or maybe more like Bacteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Well it's not like her skeleton continues to grow after her "death", so it should be just fine. The world's logic favors her as Samon's constantly reminds us.
Also I think,(most probably) Samon used preserving magic on the skeleton. since he needs it to be similar, equal to the past skeleton of hakase for the sympathetic magic to work.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 14:43   Link #692
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm curious where this is going, but at this point you could give me 13 more episodes of Samon saying "SHOUNEN!" and banging his sword hilt on the ground and I'd be pretty good with that.
I already feel like we've had as many episodes of that as we did with them getting to him.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 00:18   Link #693
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I already feel like we've had as many episodes of that as we did with them getting to him.
Personally, while BONES did a good job with the whole "SHOUNEN" thing, I think if they drag it out any longer, it's going to start getting stale. I see, at most, one more episode of that before they move on with the plot and setting.

I'm thinking if Aika does turn out to be the Mage of Exodus, then Samon's time in the spotlight is going to dry up soon, and once Hakaze presumably returns to the present, in a few more episodes say...Samon will likely be relegated back to minor character status, like he was prior to the start of this multi-episode sword banging.

On the subject of Mahiro, yes, he's definitely not traditional protagonist material (though one could argue he's not really the/or a protagonist, but rather we're watching a play in which he's called the protagonist...a subtle difference, but a difference non-the-less). The entire show has obviously been inspired by Shakespeare, though not as in-your-face as Hollywood has with such movies like Claire Dane's Romeo and Juliet, and the portrayal of Mahiro is just one of many things seemingly shaped from that inspiration.

I think the real question is what Mahiro's fate is going to be. Shakespeare did have a few happy endings, but those plays are not usually what he's remembered for.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 09:33   Link #694
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
the tide keeps turning, the twists still coming, the battle outside the barrier had ended but Samon and the shounens are still talking at the same spot...

i am guessing they want us to believe Junichirou is Aika's killer but most likely it will be more twisted than that
__________________
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 03:21   Link #695
Entravity
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
More explanations are always nice. Twists keep coming and the plot keeps on rolling. Good stuff.
__________________
Episodic Overviews of the latest anime.
Entravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 12:27   Link #696
melina_putri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
MBS (the primary channel for this series and Crunchyroll source) is going to take 2 weeks break for Zetsuen, episode 13 is going to be aired on 10th January.

Another channel, TBS, apparently only take 1 week break, they are going to air episode 13 on 4th January. (It's possible this one is still going to be changed later)
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 15:22   Link #697
Doria
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Is it at all clear how exactly Hakaze was "born"? I mean, was she already a person, and then became the Princess of Genesis?

Or was she created/born when the tree neared its revival?

Totally wild guess (and I have no idea how it would work), but could Aika have been Hakaze pre-Princess of Genesis? I realize this sounds ridiculous and yeah, no idea how it would've worked, but...

I guess it's more logical that she's the mage of Exodus, but I don't know. That seems so pat to me.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 15:46   Link #698
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Lots of dialogue in this episode as well.
They all keep standing in the same place and discussing things.
So Samon crumbled against the duo's logic.
Seems like Mahiro will never find the real culprit..
At least Hakaze is now back and things are rolling forward.
Very interesting episode!
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 15:58   Link #699
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Another great episode, the Tree of Genesis really favors Hakaze to the point of sending her a new offering for her sake because she didn't find Samon's one.
Yoshino and Mahiro deeply wounded but both Hakaze and Samon are trying to save them.
And my Natsumura x Yamamoto pairing I'm sure Junichirou also shipped them and left them alone

Anyway, BONES why did you delay Hanemura's appearance? He was supposed to appear at the end of this episode and now I have to wait 3 weeks! Looks like next episode is going to be half filler and half manga material. and I get the impression that Hanemura will debut at the end of episode because of the anime-orignal material*sobs*
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 16:21   Link #700
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
Totally crazy episode especially after Hakaze returned!
A bomb!
10/10
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bones, gangan, magic, mystery, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.