AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 24 Rating
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 52 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 31 19.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good... 16 10.26%
6 out of 10 : Average... 9 5.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 4 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.64%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 16 10.26%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-15, 17:32   Link #61
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'm not obligated to stop watching a show when there's only one major aspect of it I dislike. Besides, the SAO arc in general compared to this was much better anyway. I still think the show should have ended permanently at episode 14.



Even if it is consistent, it doesn't mean I like it. .hack did a virtual reality game world in a much more sensible and believable way for it's setting's time period than this show ever has. It was a virtual reality world, but at the same time it had the limitations and environments that actually made it still feel like a game. Get too real like this show and it isn't a game anymore. That's not what I want to see.



It's still awfully realistic. I know the upper half of a body can live for several minutes in reality after the torso is severed in half, but again this is a game. It should have been over by the time Kirito laid that blow.

In the end this all just my personal problem I have with the show. I know that's not what the series is trying to do, but I just don't like it.
...So the game has a pretty good physics engine, I don't quite understand the complaint to be honest.

That said, I really LOVED this episode. I'm guessing Sugou won't be in a position to move around right now. Not sure how fast he'll recover, but at least not immediately.

Him getting cut up into pieces also is quite in line with what has been established. If the cutting happens while the HP isn't at 0 yet, you can cut however many times you want until it runs out. HP decreases gradually, not instantly.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:35   Link #62
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
Hmm, are we ever going to see what has happened to the other minor characters in the anime? Klein and the rest of the other characters kinda of disappeared after SAO ended
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:38   Link #63
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
God, that was a good closure for the episode.

Sugou is one hell of a perverted-game-playing-maniac-scientist.

God, Kirito never turned his after seeing Asuna naked top..

*I seen it already, ok..they're soft actually?~Kirito

I hope they kiss before logging out.. Weeee!!!!

Now, the last episode... shove the tongue there Kirito!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:39   Link #64
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Hmm, are we ever going to see what has happened to the other minor characters in the anime? Klein and the rest of the other characters kinda of disappeared after SAO ended
I suppose if we see them, it might be in the next episode after the whole SAO ordeal is finally resolved (with Asuna's liberation, and that of the other captives). They also mentioned previously that the students would all be attending the same school at some point, so I'm supposing we might see some familiar faces then.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:45   Link #65
Kamui04
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And your point? It was stupid back then too. Remember that I'm the guy who doesn't like the reality/virtual world contradictory crap in this show because of how it doesn't feel like a game at all. I've been against it since the start of the show.

I'm much more skeptical about game technology being this advanced in only a decade or so from now, which is supposedly when this series takes place.
So you're saying you don't like this elements added into a game because they make them less videogame like?

And yet we have many games with breakable clothing/armor, dirt, etc. Like fighting games like Soul Calibur where pieces of armor or clothing fly off with enough damage to that part of the body. We got games like MGS Revengeance where you can cut enemies into tiny little pieces. Would it be strange for a game that takes place a decade in the future to incorporate such elements?
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:51   Link #66
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
...So the game has a pretty good physics engine, I don't quite understand the complaint to be honest.
You're not the only one here apparently. It just doesn't make sense to me to make a game realistic. They operate on a different logic and don't need to be.

Quote:
Him getting cut up into pieces also is quite in line with what has been established. If the cutting happens while the HP isn't at 0 yet, you can cut however many times you want until it runs out. HP decreases gradually, not instantly.
I've seen gradually changing health bars before (Mother series) and I don't think they're exactly a fair thing to implement in a an MMO game. It's more realistic sure (bleh), but it also gives the enemy an opportunity to heal themselves even after you've dealt a mortal blow.
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:55   Link #67
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
You're not the only one here apparently. It just doesn't make sense to me to make a game realistic. They operate on a different logic and don't need to be.
Just because the story is about a game you dislike doesn't make the story poorly written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I've seen gradually changing health bars before (Mother series) and I don't think they're exactly a fair thing to implement in a an MMO game. It's more realistic sure (bleh), but it also gives the enemy an opportunity to heal themselves even after you've dealt a mortal blow.
Again, you disliking how a game works doesn't mean it's inconsistent.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:59   Link #68
Esebian
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
You're not the only one here apparently. It just doesn't make sense to me to make a game realistic. They operate on a different logic and don't need to be.



I've seen gradually changing health bars before (Mother series) and I don't think they're exactly a fair thing to implement in a an MMO game. It's more realistic sure (bleh), but it also gives the enemy an opportunity to heal themselves even after you've dealt a mortal blow.
Sorry but I don't understand your point. Isn't it already like this that we want games to be more and more realistic?

Whenever I read game tests the realism is always a huge factor and the more real the better is the concept I see there...

For eample for Battlefield 3 everybody that says sth good about that game, always mentions the good physics engine that let bullets fly like they do in real life.
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:02   Link #69
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
You're not the only one here apparently. It just doesn't make sense to me to make a game realistic. They operate on a different logic and don't need to be.



I've seen gradually changing health bars before (Mother series) and I don't think they're exactly a fair thing to implement in a an MMO game. It's more realistic sure (bleh), but it also gives the enemy an opportunity to heal themselves even after you've dealt a mortal blow.
Pretty much the opposite, actually. We never see any monsters using recovery abilities, but players have those crucial few seconds to use healing potions or crystals.

Remember, the game as a whole was designed by an insane genius who wanted to create a world that matched reality as much as possible, and at the same time planned game balance and design against the possibility of real death.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:27   Link #70
Insane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Age: 19
HOLY $HIT! What kind of anticlimactic episode this is? Moronic conclusion, moronic villain, and moronic "pull out invincible power out of thin air" cliche! They just make all those build-up drama and tension on the previous eps seem nothing.

I'm really disappointed
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:38   Link #71
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
HOLY $HIT! What kind of anticlimactic episode this is? Moronic conclusion, moronic villain, and moronic "pull out invincible power out of thin air" cliche! They just make all those build-up drama and tension on the previous eps seem nothing.

I'm really disappointed
Well, with only 2 episodes left, it was clear that it would turn out like this.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:40   Link #72
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Well, with only 2 episodes left, it was clear that it would turn out like this.
Two? We still have two? I thought next's weeks the last..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:44   Link #73
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Two? We still have two? I thought next's weeks the last..
I was inlcuding this episode...
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:45   Link #74
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I was inlcuding this episode...
Sorry, maybe you didn't watched yet..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:45   Link #75
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
What really kills this episode for me is not even how hilariously bad of a villain Suguo is, but that Asuna and Kirito's relationship is so unbelievably cheesy and corny. It lacks substance and just is not very gratifying to watch.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:46   Link #76
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
And yet we have many games with breakable clothing/armor, dirt, etc. Like fighting games like Soul Calibur where pieces of armor or clothing fly off with enough damage to that part of the body. We got games like MGS Revengeance where you can cut enemies into tiny little pieces. Would it be strange for a game that takes place a decade in the future to incorporate such elements?
I don't think it's impossible, but I sure as hell don't think we be doing it inside virtual worlds solely with our minds in the next decade or so. I'd be willing to believe this SAO/ALO's realism a lot more if this show was set in like, the 2200's or something and the real world in the show actually looked like a world with much more advanced futuristic technology.

Also the examples you give are still immersed in game logic. They don't act exactly the same way as reality thanks to virtual limitations. Not to mention neither of them are MMO's.

Quote:
Just because the story is about a game you dislike doesn't make the story poorly written.
No it doesn't, but there's other things especially in the ALO arc that CAN be considered poor writing.

Quote:
Sorry but I don't understand your point. Isn't it already like this that we want games to be more and more realistic? Whenever I read game tests the realism is always a huge factor and the more real the better is the concept I see there...
Well then answer me this, what is so good about a game having realism? Does it make it more fun to play? Does it make it more engaging? Is that really worth investing in when the game can could be equally as fun and engaging even with a simpler visual style or physics engine?

I don't understand why realism is considered so important in a game, but that's just me.

Quote:
Pretty much the opposite, actually. We never see any monsters using recovery abilities, but players have those crucial few seconds to use healing potions or crystals.
I mean it's unfair more-or-less in a PvP way. Against AI monsters I suppose it's fine though.


It's looking like nobody's going to understand my point of view at this rate.
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:50   Link #77
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I don't understand why realism is considered so important in a game, but that's just me.
Well, it was important to Kayaba who was trying to recreate the great castle in his dreams, and whose goal was basically to make an alternate world. ALO is just an extension of the same system, so it seems to have followed many of the same design philosophies.

Of course it didn't have to be designed this way... but that seems to be the designer's preference. (You might as well tell Kayaba that his "realistic" VR concept was crap at this rate; that he lacks imagination. )
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:52   Link #78
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

It's looking like nobody's going to understand my point of view at this rate.
The objections seem a bit silly to be bringing up this late in the game, that's all. It's kind of like saying "I hate Star Wars, lasers don't work like that in real life."
=P

There are plenty of other concerns after all. Like Sugou's ridiculously over the top villainy. But "Virtual Reality" is the basic premise you're asked to accept in the first 3 minutes of episode one.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:56   Link #79
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Sorry, maybe you didn't watched yet..
Sorry, maybe you are just trolling.
Of course I watched it and it was beyond stupid, just like the last episodes...
Sorry that I'm not easily pleased with nonsense. Maybe i should turn off my brain to like this show more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
What really kills this episode for me is not even how hilariously bad of a villain Suguo is, but that Asuna and Kirito's relationship is so unbelievably cheesy and corny. It lacks substance and just is not very gratifying to watch.
From my point of view, everything in this show has not much substance, from the story, main characters and villains.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:59   Link #80
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Sorry, maybe you are just trolling.
*Ignoring sarcasm

I may have misunderstood that. I thought when there are "two candies left to eat", there are really still two candies left to eat.... Thant's all.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.