AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-15, 23:22   Link #81
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
I've been frequenting a lot of IP boards lately and they have an interesting Rep System where you can only one up a post you like with no negative option.

Don't like what they say? Say it like a man, not cloak and dagger neg rep abuse.

And those boards most often a personalized rep button. Like the DayZ forum where you say to someone " you have my beans!" or another forum "you have my blood bag!"

AS could be like, "you have my Loli!" or something. Just saying some form of repping is a positive thing.
"No Loli for you!" ..... "You have 432 Lolis!"

Yeah, we're doomed
Vexx is offline  
Old 2012-12-15, 23:24   Link #82
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
So how are we supposed to detect trolls without the rep system? I won't name names, but people I see with rep disabled or red squares often end up being rather trollish.
I would say they have "moderator" written under their username. I am a troll, I admit!
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2012-12-15, 23:24   Link #83
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
"No Loli for you!" ..... "You have 432 Lolis!"

Yeah, we're doomed
I'd hate to see how your tsundere wife would react to you having thousands of lolis.
Dr. Casey is offline  
Old 2012-12-15, 23:30   Link #84
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Now where were we?
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2012-12-15, 23:33   Link #85
bigdeal000
malefic
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nowhere, because I don't exist
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I would say they have "moderator" written under their username. I am a troll, I admit!
I'm going to negrep you for that really poor attempt at humor. Oh, wait...
bigdeal000 is offline  
Old 2012-12-15, 23:38   Link #86
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 24
RIP - rep system, I never gave a s**t about you. (..except those comments that come with neg-reps! those were ******* annoying!)

But, wow! It existed since 2003?? I only found out about the rep system like 3 years ago.. I guess I simply didn't care about the little green dot under the username.. and tbh I still don't care I rate members by how articulate their posts are, I'm not going to be more respectful simply because you have "a reputation beyond repute" according to Animesuki.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline  
Old 2012-12-15, 23:39   Link #87
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
"No Loli for you!" ..... "You have 432 Lolis!"

Yeah, we're doomed
Putting lolis into the equation would wreck havoc on their value, the increase in supply of lolis with a stagnant demand will result in the reduced prices, which would further push down its value as the cheapness would reduce market confidence.

On the other hand, since lolis are highly appreciated by nature due to their cuteness and pureness (other than those MILF-cons and bishoujo-cons who lack the ability to appreciate females), the incentive of having a loli as a reward may push posters to post better and thus, a win-win situation where post quality is duly rewarded.

Of course, there has to be a policing system to prevent legal hegemons and puritans to sow discord, thieves from stealing and/or corrupting them and a defence against imitation goods known as "traps".

I like jager's idea though. Though the brutal honesty may result in flame wars. ; nonetheless, that system has my vote.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2012-12-15, 23:59   Link #88
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
This "Loli System" has me thinking of something like Yome Collection. You'd have a bunch of popular anime characters (male and female) in a pool and as you gain reputation for good posting you can trade your points to "adopt" (so to speak) one of these characters and they'd end up on some special profile page. The characters you choose would obviously say something about the poster in addition to being a manifestation of your good posting behaviour.

(Note: This post was totally not serious; I'm not saying we can do this. Besides, it's fun, but doesn't really solve any of the problems in the first place.)
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:00   Link #89
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Welp...guess I can unblacken myself now


Quote:
I won't name names, but people I see with rep disabled or red squares often end up being rather trollish.
Nonsense...<_<
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:09   Link #90
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This "Loli System" has me thinking of something like Yome Collection. You'd have a bunch of popular anime characters (male and female) in a pool and as you gain reputation for good posting you can trade your points to "adopt" (so to speak) one of these characters and they'd end up on some special profile page. The characters you choose would obviously say something about the poster in addition to being a manifestation of your good posting behaviour.

(Note: This post was totally not serious; I'm not saying we can do this. Besides, it's fun, but doesn't really solve any of the problems in the first place.)
Why can't you be serious about that post! It is important! I hate you!

Still, the major problem here would be HOW to keep the posts in check and having a generally good quality of pertinent posts; I suggest that we lock the rep system down for a month, see how it goes, then if the post quality deterioriates with flame wars increasing, bringing it back may be a better option to keep the forums in check.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:18   Link #91
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Nonsense...<_<
True, a lot of people simply disabled their rep because they were never interested in rep to begin with; others got tired of it somewhere along the way and ended up doing the same.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:34   Link #92
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
True, a lot of people simply disabled their rep because they were never interested in rep to begin with; others got tired of it somewhere along the way and ended up doing the same.
But it's also true that some people judged those who were hiding their rep as if they had something shameful to hide (otherwise, why not show it like everyone else? ...or so the theory goes). There probably also were people who were in fact hiding it for this reason, perpetuating the stereotype. In the end, it's really just another form of using rep to judge people, but this is using the fact that someone's rep points are hidden as another judgement. (If you were hiding rep to avoiding being judged for your point value, you were still being judged for not showing your point value... )

I'm not really trying to say that this is totally unreasonable... but it is also unfortunate.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:36   Link #93
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
relentlessflame (or any other mod): curious question, how much negrep could I have thrown at someone if the system was still on? I know that posrep is sort of exponential, in that the more greens I have the more greens I could share, but I'm curious if it works in reverse. Never got to negrep anyone, see. Now I feel like one of those times when you find expired yoghurt in a fridge.

(Can I negrep you as a final practice thing just to see if it works? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
So how are we supposed to detect trolls without the rep system? I won't name names, but people I see with rep disabled or red squares often end up being rather trollish.
Actually, that maybe a net positive. Sometimes some people with the red dots are just obviously asking for it, some other times I ended up being curious if they got caught in the crossfire of a shipping war or something, because the posts I saw were perfectly legitimate and the poster never struck me as trollish.

It was imperfect at best as a troll detector. So by removing that aspect, it may prove a little harder to recognize the trolls, but it would also be fairer to the casualties of some past shipping battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
The winner speaks!
Images
Screenshot of ranked reputation list
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
...

...when did I get up there!?

Okay, that's it, if *I* can get up there, there is something wrong with the system. Fair's fair, take it away.
Irenicus is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:39   Link #94
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
relentlessflame (or any other mod): curious question, how much negrep could I have thrown at someone if the system was still on? I know that posrep is sort of exponential, in that the more greens I have the more greens I could share, but I'm curious if it works in reverse. Never got to negrep anyone, see.
It was a fraction of your rep power (which was calculated based on a number of factors). So yes, it basically did work both ways -- the more rep you could give, also the more you could take away, but you could never take away as much as you could give.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:42   Link #95
Greenish Growth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Personally, I'm glad it's gone. I got really tired of those annoying reps I was getting. The only message board I've ever gotten snarky replies back has been here (by people using the reputation system). Neg reps for disagreeing. Neg reps for making mistakes.

If it was only a number or a color, I wouldn't have cared, but the reasons given were pretty silly.
Greenish Growth is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:43   Link #96
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
(Can I negrep you as a final practice thing just to see if it works? )
The rep system is already turned off, nobody can use it anymore.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:44   Link #97
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
relentlessflame (or any other mod): curious question, how much negrep could I have thrown at someone if the system was still on? I know that posrep is sort of exponential, in that the more greens I have the more greens I could share, but I'm curious if it works in reverse. Never got to negrep anyone, see. Now I feel like one of those times when you find expired yoghurt in a fridge.

(Can I negrep you as a final practice thing just to see if it works? )


Actually, that maybe a net positive. Sometimes some people with the red dots are just obviously asking for it, some other times I ended up being curious if they got caught in the crossfire of a shipping war or something, because the posts I saw were perfectly legitimate and the poster never struck me as trollish.

It was imperfect at best as a troll detector. So by removing that aspect, it may prove a little harder to recognize the trolls, but it would also be fairer to the casualties of some past shipping battles.


...

...when did I get up there!?

Okay, that's it, if *I* can get up there, there is something wrong with the system. Fair's fair, take it away.
There is nothing wrong. Not everyone is perfect, in fact there are 6 people on the list, namely you, Vexx, KiNa, TRL, Triple_R and Haak who are the major resident lolicons.

I guess that eccentricity comes with being open-minded.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:44   Link #98
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
In any case, there needs to be a system through which new people (and old) can somehow see who is posting, otherwise I'd just go over to /a/

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is online now  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:47   Link #99
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But it's also true that some people judged those who were hiding their rep as if they had something shameful to hide (otherwise, why not show it like everyone else? ...or so the theory goes). There probably also were people who were in fact hiding it for this reason, perpetuating the stereotype. In the end, it's really just another form of using rep to judge people, but this is using the fact that someone's rep points are hidden as another judgement. (If you were hiding rep to avoiding being judged for your point value, you were still being judged for not showing your point value... )

I'm not really trying to say that this is totally unreasonable... but it is also unfortunate.
Well maybe some people were hiding it Dragon Ball Z style. "This isn't my true power...." *goes super saiyan*
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline  
Old 2012-12-16, 00:48   Link #100
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
The rep system is already turned off, nobody can use it anymore.
Tch. I missed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
There is nothing wrong. Not everyone is perfect, in fact there are 5 people on the list, namely you, Vexx, KiNa, TRL, Triple_R and Haak who are the major resident lolicons.
Vexx-jiisan is married to a fine lady, KiNa's a great contributor of graphics and other niceties, TRL is a mature, capable journalist in real life, Triple_R is a fine gentleman who likes to make long thoughtful posts about thoughtful things, and Haak is fun and nice and very active, yet he never struck me as being a lolicon, (although he took blows from his contrary opinions in the AO thread recently, going by his rep history he just posted. Ow).

They are not like us, Saintess. Do not taint them with our sins.

lol-i
Irenicus is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
forum, reputation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.