AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2012-12-14, 21:03   Link #21
Akito Kinomoto
木之本 慊人

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
To be honest it does not really matter to me whether or no there is enough time to enjoy it "all". Why not just begin to do so as best you can in accordance with the circumstances and the like you find yourself in and make a real beginning of sorts instead of worrying about it?
+1.

Although I could stand to take some of that advice myself.
I won't forget your voice, nor will I forget the tears
and the future known as 'hope' that starts from now

My MAL||A tract on my rewatch of Sword Art Online
Akito Kinomoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 05:42   Link #22
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
Of course there's not enough time to experience it all. What in the world gave you any doubt in the matter?
I suppose that is the big question, why I made this thread. Well...
Spoiler for kinda long reason:
In the end, I suppose I was waiting for people like Ledgem, MUAHAHAHAHAHA, and Flower to give advice that might sound obvious, but needs to be said every now and again.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 10:00   Link #23
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I suppose that is the big question, why I made this thread. Well...
Spoiler for kinda long reason:
In the end, I suppose I was waiting for people like Ledgem, MUAHAHAHAHAHA, and Flower to give advice that might sound obvious, but needs to be said every now and again.
I know the feeling. Your life is changing, and yet your expectations with regard to your hobbies and interests can lag behind.

I had that realization between finishing college and starting graduate school. I used to play video games all the time in high school and earlier, and it seemed like every game I played was too short. When I started college, I only played video games during my vacations. I began to finish fewer games. Then, during that summer between college and grad school, I set out to play two games. Each took me over 100 hours to complete. I almost didn't finish one of them before the vacation ended. It was a strange experience; as a child, I would have loved any game that lasted me over 40 hours, and yet here I was feeling stressed at the prospect of a long game. My free and vacation time has only decreased since then, and I've come to accept that I will not be able to game as I once did.

I had a similar experience with anime. Back in high school I used to watch practically every series that was being fansubbed, partly out of interest and partly just because I could. That dropped to watching a bit over half of all active series while in college, and then I stopped following new series completely. (I actually stopped watching anime completely for a year or two, but then wanted to come back.) Now I watch series from any year based on how I'm feeling and what my current interest is.

I suspect that we have a desire to see and experience everything, and technology makes that desire seem almost achievable. It isn't, of course. We are also creatures of habit, so the realization that we can't see or do as much of a hobby as we once did is a bit of a sad thought. It's not just about seeing and doing less, it's about change. Through change we gain things, but we also lose things. It's a bittersweet aspect of life. It's fine to ponder and mourn what's lost, but don't dwell too much on it. And certainly don't forget about what you've gained in the process!
Old 2012-12-16, 05:23   Link #24
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Whenever you have enough time, you don't have enough money to enjoy that time. This is usually when things like absurdly long and easily-torrented anime series and MMOs tend to be the best thing ever and you tolerate a lot of bad art direction, plot, gameplay and excessive time-sinks like filler episodes and grinding for XP/money/crafting materials.

Whenever you have enough money, you don't have enough time to enjoy that money. This is usually when you start approaching thirty and get all curmudgeonly, you stop tolerating bad period because your time starts to become more valuable than your money. Then you get all ragey and start sporadically watching Thirteen Episode Anime and playing simple indie/mobile games (with maybe bits and pieces of big single-player titles here and there) between the crushing weight of your real-life obligations.

The only time you ever have both enough time and money and can enjoy yourself properly is if you somehow become filthy stinkin' rich.
Old 2012-12-16, 05:58   Link #25
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

The games and manga of the future will probably be much better than those of today. That's why I need to reincarnate as fast as possible, so I could enjoy these games and manga of the future!
Old 2012-12-17, 14:03   Link #26
Xefi
★_Manifestation Duelist_★
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
The games and manga of the future will probably be much better than those of today. That's why I need to reincarnate as fast as possible, so I could enjoy these games and manga of the future!
nya ha! i'm thinking of the same thing. i want to reincarnate again when we start
having games in 4-d or something and you can interact like it's real life. and then
we have uncensored hentai in 4-d....i'm gonna stop there.

anyways, life is WAY too short. i'll just do as much activities as i can when i'm still
alive instead of thinking wheather i have enough time for this or not. unless...i won
the lottery, then i'll be going out and SPEND SPEND SPEND and have FUN FUN FUN!
but that's probably never gonna happen, so i cant count on it.
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 17:05   Link #27
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
....In the end, I suppose I was waiting for people like Ledgem, MUAHAHAHAHAHA, and Flower to give advice that might sound obvious, but needs to be said every now and again.

Whoa. Rarely do I get complimented by someone saying that I said something that was obvious!

So ... umm ... thank you! (Or maybe I should say you are welcome?)
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote