AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-18, 05:09   Link #38741
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
The weapon creation is probably a mutation of Tabane's initial design of the Fold-out Armor. That or Izuru is really using the shonen pull super powers out of nowhere trope where the new weapon is just literally pulled out of nowhere.

New weapons are only indicative of 2 things as far as canon was concerned, manual upagrades or shifts.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 05:25   Link #38742
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Well she described that Akatsubaki can do anything, she 'forgot' to tell Houki how energy consuming it is, AND how Houki already have a solution for that...

Tabane always 2-3 step ahead of everyone else...
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 05:29   Link #38743
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
That or Izuru is really using the shonen pull super powers out of nowhere trope where the new weapon is just literally pulled out of nowhere.
And when no one knows where it comes from, it's always assumed to be from the ass. Hence the term "Asspull".

Anyways, Athena's tech desc:

Spoiler for Athena:
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 05:41   Link #38744
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
The weapons are still weapons. Take a few notes from dead space for improvised weapons from sci-fi engineering tools.

propositions:
-Meteor break drills
-cutting lasers
-sub-unit arms with built in high intensity welding torches

Mostly along those lines. Not necessary but with the current lay out of the Athena, one cannot really call it an IS built for space exploration, you're expecting combat after all.

EDIT: and remote units are never humble weapons. Trust me, I thought Qubeley wasn't much for a final boss machine but it practically steam rolled everyone with little more than a saber and 8 bits. At least that's what I read in multiple pages of wikia.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 05:48   Link #38745
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
But... if it's for extended space exploration.... what about pilot support? accommodation? living supplies?

(Do note same problem present on Calion, the reason it's successor Vegalion become so XBOXHUEG is not only heavy armament)

Then again, Athena is supposed top be self-operating so....

EDIT: also, the remote units might also function as attack reflector. One hell of a defense system that is (non-ferromagnetic I.S. grade projectile will crush it soundly though)
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 05:53   Link #38746
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
What's up everyone? Anything new?
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 05:54   Link #38747
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
^ Stratos' new unit
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 05:58   Link #38748
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Just updating my archive. Hope to finish before the world supposedly ends on friday or some other such nonesense.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 06:05   Link #38749
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
When the world ends... I will probably still be laughing.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 06:12   Link #38750
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
12122012

bullshit to the core
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 06:22   Link #38751
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I hereby officially cancel the apocalypse!
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 06:25   Link #38752
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The weapons are still weapons. Take a few notes from dead space for improvised weapons from sci-fi engineering tools.

propositions:
-Meteor break drills
-cutting lasers
-sub-unit arms with built in high intensity welding torches

Mostly along those lines. Not necessary but with the current lay out of the Athena, one cannot really call it an IS built for space exploration, you're expecting combat after all.

EDIT: and remote units are never humble weapons. Trust me, I thought Qubeley wasn't much for a final boss machine but it practically steam rolled everyone with little more than a saber and 8 bits. At least that's what I read in multiple pages of wikia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
But... if it's for extended space exploration.... what about pilot support? accommodation? living supplies?

(Do note same problem present on Calion, the reason it's successor Vegalion become so XBOXHUEG is not only heavy armament)

Then again, Athena is supposed top be self-operating so....

EDIT: also, the remote units might also function as attack reflector. One hell of a defense system that is (non-ferromagnetic I.S. grade projectile will crush it soundly though)
Least I got that off my chest. I do have other variations of equipments the Athena can be given.

Thanks though.
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 07:50   Link #38753
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
The world won't end yet. If fate has any sense of dark humor, it'd realize that ending the world seems pretty merciful in hindsight.

That and NASA disproved it already.

Anyway, I have a question Senpai: Need to change the clothes Irish wears when fighting. While the skull suit still looks like an MGS rip-off, he wears something on top of it to not garner attention. Any suggestions?
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 07:52   Link #38754
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
@wave: Really? I already took preparations. too... *drops bags labelled GUST, Nippon Ichi and other* Oh crud, this too *crow bar and lock pick tools are dropped*
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 07:58   Link #38755
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
End of the world, heh. Mayans just ran outta papers to print a new calendar...

Jokes aside, most of these guys do make ideal inspirations for armor designs in for me fanfic. I could only wish I could describe or even draw like that..
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 07:59   Link #38756
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@wave: Really? I already took preparations. too... *drops bags labelled GUST, Nippon Ichi and other* Oh crud, this too *crow bar and lock pick tools are dropped*
The world won't end. There's been three "prophecies" this year alone, and during 1994, all of which are bunk spread by overtly superstitious people with no life or scam artists who trick people into giving them their stuff.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 08:00   Link #38757
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I always did love the knights in digimon. The armored digimon are just so awesome that *drools*
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 08:01   Link #38758
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
The world won't end yet. If fate has any sense of dark humor, it'd realize that ending the world seems pretty merciful in hindsight.

That and NASA disproved it already.

Anyway, I have a question Senpai: Need to change the clothes Irish wears when fighting. While the skull suit still looks like an MGS rip-off, he wears something on top of it to not garner attention. Any suggestions?
Baggy sweater jacket + pants, cap or wool hat optional

Like the right one



Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@wave: Really? I already took preparations. too... *drops bags labelled GUST, Nippon Ichi and other* Oh crud, this too *crow bar and lock pick tools are dropped*
Ah, I shouldn't have killed that guy and burn his loli rape doujin collection for menial things like protection bunker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I always did love the knights in digimon. The armored digimon are just so awesome that *drools*
I'm a fan of metalic dragon line instead (Metal Greymon, Dark Tyrannomon etc)
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 08:05   Link #38759
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Senpai - Is loose clothing really a good idea when fighting in full contact?
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 08:06   Link #38760
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Oh yeah, opinion please.

Dan in Cake eater is supposed to be the *pervert but I'm using that loosely and he's relatively so compared to more or less jaded Ichika. He's also good with his fingers.

...

I mean he's good in videogames and guitar, I swear I didn't mean anything inappropriate. :O
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.