AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-18, 09:25   Link #1961
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Probably the ability to kill/decompose his enemy is from his right hand...or to be exact, the CAD on his right hand. His left hand (the CAD) is used to heal his allies which probably the name Divine left came from.

Trident is pretty monstrous. Basically makes three decomposition magic into one magic sequence.. I think it's like combining those three into one single shot/magic.

The three magics will decompose the interference (anti-magic area or something for easy understanding), the data fortification of the body (in RPG terms it's like MDEF or magical defenses) and then lastly the flesh itself. It's like one hit kill piercing attacks that ignores all defense.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is online now  
Old 2012-12-18, 09:57   Link #1962
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
"Late Great Favourite" a recommendation of Mahouka by Reki (SAO) has also been completed!

MAN! Tatsuya is a BS magician indeed ..~!

Interesting to realize that with the Trident, Tatsuya can basically 1-shot any magician in the world. It's pretty crazy.. it's like "Vanish + Doom" in FF6. What I do like about this series though is it seems to be hinting at difficulties and issues that people deal with in their lives that cannot be simply solved by brute force and power. The Yotsuba family situation is going to be a very interesting one going forward..

Outlook is promising
willx is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 10:12   Link #1963
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
So, those guys got what they had coming to them, this was totally foreshadowed in the previous chapter a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Mayumi
So, apparently a certain sis-con brother flew into a rage when someone attempted to act against his beloved little sister!
And I
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 13:13   Link #1964
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Blunt but true !

FRS is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 20:32   Link #1965
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
This chapter really highlights how badly the Yotsuba screwed up when they stripped Tatsuya of his emotions. They made someone who really has no pity and every reason to hold a grudge against them. The only plus(for them) is that he can't really hate them either.

Its really kind of senseless from a practical POV. A little bit of calculated kindness(even if it was fake) and they might've been able to make him a little better disposed towards the family. Now all they have is a magician who is almost certainly the strongest in the family, with magic on par with a tactical weapon and no reason to like them.

Besides, the Yotsuba were founded on [magicians as weapons], not making a [perfect magician]. Regardless of what else they can say about Tatsuya, they can't deny his ability as a weapon. So even if he isn't an all-rounder they really have no reason to complain.
You messed up the timeline. They do experiment on Tatsuya because he wasn't that strong back then. In fact, if not due to Yotsuba's treatment, he might never reached his full potential like he is now. The Yotsuba's basically lose nothing by experimenting on Tatsuya, he doesn't hold a grudge against them because that part of him is already removed, and by being strong, they gained a good guardian for the next head. I guess the only miscalculation in their part is miyuki's extreme bro-con

As for th Yotsuba themselves, you'll be surprised when learning in vol 8 what happened to them to make the family this warped and the need for Guardian for each Yotsuba member. All I can say without spoiling too much is that they weren't always like this. Poor Maya and Miya, tortured by fate to make them warped like this
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 20:46   Link #1966
Rava
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
v4 c13 tomorrow?

Yikes.
Rava is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 21:03   Link #1967
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
You messed up the timeline. They do experiment on Tatsuya because he wasn't that strong back then. In fact, if not due to Yotsuba's treatment, he might never reached his full potential like he is now. The Yotsuba's basically lose nothing by experimenting on Tatsuya, he doesn't hold a grudge against them because that part of him is already removed, and by being strong, they gained a good guardian for the next head. I guess the only miscalculation in their part is miyuki's extreme bro-con

As for th Yotsuba themselves, you'll be surprised when learning in vol 8 what happened to them to make the family this warped and the need for Guardian for each Yotsuba member. All I can say without spoiling too much is that they weren't always like this. Poor Maya and Miya, tortured by fate to make them warped like this
The flash cast and the artificial MPC are upgrades no doubt, but he already possessed an unparalleled ability in disintegration and restoration before that. Those are natural. So he would've been a beast in magic regardless.

I was referring to the more recent events anyway. Tatsuya can't "hate" them but he can dislike them and he is logical. If he thought it was in his best interests to kill them and that he could pull it off he wouldn't have any hesitation.

His emotions are supposedly slowly returning as well, which doesn't bode well for them. He likes his friends from school, and he would go out of his way to help them. The Yotsuba might have been able to salvage the situation if they could stop openly being douchebags to him.

That teaser is interesting though.
__________________
bludvein is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 21:46   Link #1968
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
You miss my point. Sure, Tatsuya disintegration is strong right now, but it wasn't back then. You saying that Yotsuba are stupid for experimenting on Tatsuya back then is the same as saying someone is stupid for not betting on the winning team in a match. The Yotsuba can't know that Tatsuya is good back then when he was experimented because his real power hasn't materialized(his disintegration and restoration weren't on this exceptional level when the experiment happened, and every magician can do disintegration and restoration on normal level) and as far as they're concerned, here's a kid that wasn't able to do common magic that well(and who knows if it will ever materialized if Tatsuya still has all his emotion and doesn't have to go through all the hardship). You mistook the cause and the result.

As for his emotion slowly returning, sure it is, but Tatsuya himself said, his od emotion is forever gone, including his grudge aboutthe experiment. He might start to hate them for something they'll do from now on , but he won't hate or hold a grudge about something they do on the past because that emotion has een lost on him(or in normal person word, he's moved on completely).

I agree that Tatsuya will destroy Yotsuba if it is necessary to reach his goal, but as long as they still get a hold on Miyuki, there's no chance of that happening so no loss there as far as they're concerned. Like I said, their only mistake is in measuring Miyuki bro-con level. As long as they hold their rein on Miyuki and treat her well, what they get from being an ass to Tatsuya is gaining a dependable emotionless bodyguard for their next head, so no loss there.
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 21:51   Link #1969
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
What I would like to know more about is that they experimeneted on many other people apart from Tatsuya, but was he the only one who survived it or were there others
__________________
Richocet is online now  
Old 2012-12-18, 22:10   Link #1970
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
You miss my point. Sure, Tatsuya disintegration is strong right now, but it wasn't back then. You saying that Yotsuba are stupid for experimenting on Tatsuya back then is the same as saying someone is stupid for not betting on the winning team in a match. The Yotsuba can't know that Tatsuya is good back then when he was experimented because his real power hasn't materialized(his disintegration and restoration weren't on this exceptional level when the experiment happened, and every magician can do disintegration and restoration on normal level) and as far as they're concerned, here's a kid that wasn't able to do common magic that well(and who knows if it will ever materialized if Tatsuya still has all his emotion and doesn't have to go through all the hardship). You mistook the cause and the result.

As for his emotion slowly returning, sure it is, but Tatsuya himself said, his od emotion is forever gone, including his grudge aboutthe experiment. He might start to hate them for something they'll do from now on , but he won't hate or hold a grudge about something they do on the past because that emotion has een lost on him(or in normal person word, he's moved on completely).

I agree that Tatsuya will destroy Yotsuba if it is necessary to reach his goal, but as long as they still get a hold on Miyuki, there's no chance of that happening so no loss there as far as they're concerned. Like I said, their only mistake is in measuring Miyuki bro-con level. As long as they hold their rein on Miyuki and treat her well, what they get from being an ass to Tatsuya is gaining a dependable emotionless bodyguard for their next head, so no loss there.
....I thought I was clear enough. I am not referring to the initial experiments at all. Im talking about the current timeline.

Once they realized "Hey, this guy can kill us all. Might be advantageous to get him on our side." They might've been able to overcome his previous resentment by actually treating him well after the fact. 2 wrongs doesn't make a right and so forth. His emotions returning only make it more urgent to stop treating him like crap. As you say, even if it isn't retroactive for past wrongs his feelings about what happens from now on will go on becoming more and more important.

Anyway, I doubt they were completely ignorant of his potential even before the experiment. They may not have expected him to be a one-man nuke, but his psion count and talent would've already been apparent.

Making Miyuki the heir is brilliant on the Yotsuba's part, but Tatsuya has made it obvious that he is just biding his time at the end of volume 4 chapter 8. Maya sees his "betrayal" as inevitable as well in the web arc. From a coldly logical standpoint their moves don't make any sense.
__________________
bludvein is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 22:32   Link #1971
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post

Making Miyuki the heir is brilliant on the Yotsuba's part, but Tatsuya has made it obvious that he is just biding his time at the end of volume 4 chapter 8. Maya sees his "betrayal" as inevitable as well in the web arc. From a coldly logical standpoint their moves don't make any sense.
Even though I wrote the summary for that arc, it's been a while. IIRC, what happened was that Maya deduced that Tatsuya would inevitably betray the Yotsuba clan if things were to remain as they are. As such, Maya basically decided to default the future clan head position to Miyuki in order to control Tatsuya, which Maya described as a "monster". This way, Tatsuya would not betray the clan. Obviously, as the butler noted Tatsuya's loyalty would then become dependent upon Miyuki. It's here where Maya is 100% confident that Miyuki absolutely would not betray the clan.

So overall yes, Tatsuya is indeed biding his time, but Maya isn't because she's making a calculated decision on how to keep Tatsuya's loyalty through Miyuki. The reason she does so is because of her absolute confidence (basis is unknown to the readers) that Miyuki herself would not betray the clan.
whsie is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 22:39   Link #1972
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Hmm, sorry about missing your point . Psion count doesn't mean squat, it's just raw power. The Shiba sibling brother has a huge psion count, but he's not an exceptional magician. As for talent, they wouldn't know since doing disintegration and restoration is akin to arithmetic in math, the basic of basic. What make Tatsuya disintegration special is right now, he took the arithmetic to the max and make new theorem with it, but back then, what the other see him is basically someone able to do simple arithmetic, nothing special.

BTW, up until vol 8, I haven't seen the so-called Yotsuba current mistreatment on him(beside trying to separate him from Miyuki), so I wonder if it will hapen in the future volume? All I've read so far regarding his mistreatment from Yotsuba is only the experiment and things in the past before the event in vol 8.
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 22:53   Link #1973
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm, sorry about missing your point . Psion count doesn't mean squat, it's just raw power. The Shiba sibling brother has a huge psion count, but he's not an exceptional magician. As for talent, they wouldn't know since doing disintegration and restoration is akin to arithmetic in math, the basic of basic. What make Tatsuya disintegration special is right now, he took the arithmetic to the max and make new theorem with it, but back then, what the other see him is basically someone able to do simple arithmetic, nothing special.

BTW, up until vol 8, I haven't seen the so-called Yotsuba current mistreatment on him(beside trying to separate him from Miyuki), so I wonder if it will hapen in the future volume? All I've read so far regarding his mistreatment from Yotsuba is only the experiment and things in the past before the event in vol 8.
There was that time at the research lab place.
__________________
Xacual is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 23:12   Link #1974
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I'm starting to wonder if Tatsuya and Miyuki might not be a form of white mutiny by their mother and aunt against both those that want to make mages into weapons and the family that is tasked to do so.

Yuutousei seems to hint that their aunt may care about both of them.

Elder Kudou's, who was the sisters teacher, statement that " They originally existed to develop new weapons, but they are no longer like that. Something that only exists as a weapon will someday be excluded from the world of men." as well as Tatsuya's comment about genorators being the end product of mages as weapons. It's not that uncommon that students share the same views as their teachers.

Tatsuya is pretty much the enbodyment of what the exact goal of the Yotsuba. And even when he is limited and hideing most of what he can do he scares the hell out of people.

Then there is Miyuki who is extremly powerful in her own right and also has a will of iron. There is no way she would be a puppet as the head of the Yotsuba. And her veiws on what was done to her brother pretty much garentee that there will be a house cleaning and change of focus if she takes over.

basicly in short they have made the kids loyal to each other first and formost and made sure that they don't agree with any of the more shady stuff the house is doing as well as makeing sure it would take an act of war to stop them.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 23:14   Link #1975
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm, sorry about missing your point . Psion count doesn't mean squat, it's just raw power. The Shiba sibling brother has a huge psion count, but he's not an exceptional magician. As for talent, they wouldn't know since doing disintegration and restoration is akin to arithmetic in math, the basic of basic. What make Tatsuya disintegration special is right now, he took the arithmetic to the max and make new theorem with it, but back then, what the other see him is basically someone able to do simple arithmetic, nothing special.

BTW, up until vol 8, I haven't seen the so-called Yotsuba current mistreatment on him(beside trying to separate him from Miyuki), so I wonder if it will hapen in the future volume? All I've read so far regarding his mistreatment from Yotsuba is only the experiment and things in the past before the event in vol 8.
Psion count may not make the magician on its own, but it is an important factor. The father was a disappointment because he had a monster-level psion count and had no talent. It was still enough to marry him into the Yotsuba to pass that trait down though.

Disintegration isn't basic either. Several magicians in the story describe it as very difficult, especially with any kind of speed. It's just not "true" magic, which is the Yotsuba's gripe.

As for their current attitude they haven't been actively trying to mess with Tats. Mostly because he won't take it lying down anymore. Its the little things, like his father refusing to send him greetings and getting bad mouthed by that one guy when they went to the FLT lab. The problem is that they won't let him live his life like he wants and keep trying to put him down. He can't openly be Silver for instance, because the Yotsuba see this as running counter to their perceived purpose for Tatsuya.
__________________

Last edited by bludvein; 2012-12-18 at 23:25.
bludvein is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 23:18   Link #1976
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
There was that time at the research lab place.
That was more like personal view though, rather than the whole family's treatment. It's like saying First High as a whole act like an ass toward Tatsuya when only select few like Morisaki does that. Also, FLT officially belong to the Shiba family instead of Yotsuba family(more on their family situation will be touched upon in vol 6), and the Shiba is not exactly fond of Yotsuba either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Psion count may not make the magician on its own, but it is an important factor. The father was a disappointment because he had a monster-level psion count and had no talent. It was still enough to marry him into the Yotsuba to pass that trait down though.

Disintegration isn't basic either. Several magicians in the story describe it as very difficult, especially with any kind of speed. It's just not "true" magic, which is the Yotsuba's gripe.

As for their current attitude they haven't been actively trying to mess with Tats. Mostly because he won't take it lying down anymore. Its the little things, like his father refusing to send him greetings and getting bad mouthed by that one guy when they went to the FLT labs.

They tried to separate him from Miyuki and he flat out refused.
Ninja'ed . Like I said, psion count is the raw power, it's like height in basketball, useless without skill accompanying it.

Disintegration on it's own is basic magic, unlike complicated magic like Miyuki's, but I agree that doing it fast is difficult. My point is, Tatsuya as a child might not have already shown that he will be able to take that basic magic and master it completely. Using my earlier analogy, if you see a kid able to do multiplication at 6, who later is able to master it and able to do multiplication with a lot of large number his head in 10 seconds after he grow up, you will think of him as brilliant, but there's no way to know he will be brilliant when he was 6 and seeing him doing multiplication at 6 year old certainly wouldn't deter anyone from steering him to do something else beside math for a living.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2012-12-18 at 23:36.
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2012-12-18, 23:43   Link #1977
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post

BTW, up until vol 8, I haven't seen the so-called Yotsuba current mistreatment on him(beside trying to separate him from Miyuki), so I wonder if it will hapen in the future volume? All I've read so far regarding his mistreatment from Yotsuba is only the experiment and things in the past before the event in vol 8.
The mistreatment is implied in four areas.

The first sign of mistreatment is all the scars he has when Honoka and the other girls forcibly took off his sweater at the beach. Erica immediately noticed that these were not battle scars, but rather torture scars.

The other three were subtly implied in Web 4 (or Volume 8).
A) The general attitude of the whole clan towards Tatsuya is one of disdain. The introduction of the flashback reveals how he is treated like sh*t. Even his own mother could care less about him. When Tatsuya was at the party with his two cousins, the father of the cousins didn't want Tatsuya socializing with his son and daughter.
B) Before the flashback happened, when Tatsuya and Miyuki visited the Yotsuba house. he remembered back to a time when he was outside and wasn't allowed an audience to his aunt. This time around (at the end of Web 4), he is granted an audience with Maya. During their conversation, it was very clear that Maya had ill intentions towards Tatsuya. To her surprise, Tatsuya dared to show the defiance. The result? Maya flat out attacked him with her strongest magic.
C) Kazama visited Tatsuya and as they walked past the abandoned eugenics/training grounds, Kazama basically stated that it was no wonder that a full grown soldier from the batallion couldn't defeat a Tatsuya at 13 years old three years ago if he was brought up in this type of place. Tatsuya simple responded that Yanagi (2nd strongest in the batallion behind Kazama and at a different stratosphere compared to the rest of the batallion) put him in his place. The implication is very clear here, Tatsuya was pitted against fellow potential guardians in fights to the death and most likely suffered all sorts of abuse that led to the scars we see in the beach arc.
whsie is offline  
Old 2012-12-19, 00:14   Link #1978
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
That was all in the past though? Before everyone find out how strong Tatsuya currently is? There's a lot of evidence of his mistreatment in the past, but I haven't read about any mistreatment in current timeline after Miyuki clearly side with him.
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2012-12-19, 01:55   Link #1979
Voceane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere in the universe
I think you miss the point. Do you really think that Tatsuya want his emotion back?

Tatsuya know very well what he feels for his sister and I think he is affraid of that. We know that what he feels for his sister is much more than the common emotion but for him it's something normal. He can't compare what he feels and what the other feels. So I think he reject that because unconsiously he is affraid of what he will become if he feels this strong emotion for several persons. And at the same time, his sister will loose her status of uniqueness.
Voceane is offline  
Old 2012-12-19, 02:17   Link #1980
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The flash cast and the artificial MPC are upgrades no doubt, but he already possessed an unparalleled ability in disintegration and restoration before that. Those are natural. So he would've been a beast in magic regardless.

I was referring to the more recent events anyway. Tatsuya can't "hate" them but he can dislike them and he is logical. If he thought it was in his best interests to kill them and that he could pull it off he wouldn't have any hesitation.

His emotions are supposedly slowly returning as well, which doesn't bode well for them. He likes his friends from school, and he would go out of his way to help them. The Yotsuba might have been able to salvage the situation if they could stop openly being douchebags to him.

That teaser is interesting though.
No before the experiment the only magic they know that Tatsuya can do is Restoration. In their standard that is not actually magic. Cause it only restore the already existing psion to its original form and cannot change it.
kazzuya13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.