AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-19, 09:22   Link #61
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
about the meth thing

youve seen him doing it once with his friends...hmm if this really such a problem that requires going to the parents to grass him up?

when i was 15 - 18 most people in the area i live drank every fri/sat and tryed some drugs, i never grow up addicted to anything....its just the nature of youth to try things isnt it? i suspect some of the people here are ''geeks'' and the advice there given is to far -_- ( no offense!)

far as i know, meth isnt something you get addicted to easily ( unlike smack or summin), if hes taken it say once a week...he'd prolly have some kind of mild insomnia for a night...hardly an addict

i see the cards as a bigger problem lol, social status means alot, effects you through school, collage, and will prolly have an effect on your future life and how emo you are
I'm not a geek =P however just because the majority does their testing doesnt mean I have to stand in line to follow their ways, if you look at the scale of problems meth causes then I would be on my toes and like I said before if he only tested it have a serious talk to him about the possible consequences. I think its stupid that people do drugs without knowing what can happen and what it does, that kind of information should be known to them. If it were hasj or weed then I wouldn't be so serious about this but something like meth you should be carefull

I do my share of drinking and trying drugs but I use my brain and think before doing anything rash, I wouldnt do pills or hard drugs, our country may allow drugs but we recieve our share of education on risks in using them.

this reminds me of the discussion of mushrooms in my country, people say eey its alright and they dont think about the risk and then someone jumped off a museum because she had 'mild' insommnia from drugs and took to bad decision of taking mushrooms because she thought they would make her feel better (thats what they were for right? -_-; ), this is what happens with lack of knowledge and that is why you sometimes have to be serious about it.

and if youre addicted why care about your future and how emo you are
Old 2008-09-19, 09:40   Link #62
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I'm not a geek =P however just because the majority does their testing doesnt mean I have to stand in line to follow their ways, if you look at the scale of problems meth causes then I would be on my toes and like I said before if he only tested it have a serious talk to him about the possible consequences. I think its stupid that people do drugs without knowing what can happen and what it does, that kind of information should be known to them. If it were hasj or weed then I wouldn't be so serious about this but something like meth you should be carefull

I do my share of drinking and trying drugs but I use my brain and think before doing anything rash, I wouldnt do pills or hard drugs, our country may allow drugs but we recieve our share of education on risks in using them.

this reminds me of the discussion of mushrooms in my country, people say eey its alright and they dont think about the risk and then someone jumped off a museum because she had 'mild' insommnia from drugs and took to bad decision of taking mushrooms because she thought they would make her feel better (thats what they were for right? -_-; ), this is what happens with lack of knowledge and that is why you sometimes have to be serious about it.

and if youre addicted why care about your future and how emo you are
i agree with what your saying, id never have something without knowing what it does, or how many would likely harm me

the person who jumped off the building, can it be totaly blamed on the drug though? probably is, or was it because they just wasnt mentaly stable and the drug pushed them over the edge? even weed can kill you/make you do something extremely stupid, But i think it really does depend on the user (am not talking about long-term use because even long-term use of glue sniffing can kill you)

and well, theres no need to get addicted to anything, people who are addicted are general wasters already, or dont really have any meaning in there life

well as for the kid, ask him why he was taken speed and see what he says. Maybe it was for fun? just to see what it does? if the real reason is because he wanted it to keep him awake all night to play some gay card game, then there is a problem there.

btw i wasnt calling you a geek, was just a general summery of what peoples opionins where :P
Old 2008-09-19, 09:48   Link #63
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
i agree with what your saying, id never have something without knowing what it does, or how many would likely harm me

the person who jumped off the building, can it be totaly blamed on the drug though? probably is, or was it because they just wasnt mentaly stable and the drug pushed them over the edge? even weed can kill you/make you do something extremely stupid, But i think it really does depend on the user (am not talking about long-term use because even long-term use of glue sniffing can kill you)

and well, theres no need to get addicted to anything, people who are addicted are general wasters already, or dont really have any meaning in there life
it is the lack of knowledge that it can be blamed on, if the brother doesnt know much about the drugs then inform him properly, heck scare the living shit out of him so he stays of meth for good.

doing drugs to stay up all night for the card game def is a problem, heck staying up all night without it is already a bad thing, figure out if he was just trying or if he's actually addicted and ask him how much he actually know about it, if needed print out the pics of the meth users after a couple of months and years and paste em on his door or leave them on his desk

=P and no offense taken to the geekiness, though even geeks do drugs here
Old 2008-09-19, 17:26   Link #64
agar07

Send a message via Yahoo to agar07
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
=P and no offense taken to the geekiness, though even geeks do drugs here
lol, so true.

although i have to disagree with Voracious, cause there have been scientific studies proving that some people are more prone to becoming addicted to things (sorry for not posting something backing that, but i read the article on bbc.com months ago).

Have you experienced the Agar advantage?
Old 2008-09-19, 17:48   Link #65
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
I think it's more that meth is one of the most addicting drugs combined with the fact that his brother has shown signs of being prone to addiction with card games that's the concern here. Sure, casual experimentation is not always a precursor to full-blown addiction, but meth isn't something to mess around with casually.
Old 2012-12-21, 10:41   Link #66
~Sir_Vortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plun View Post
I'm curious to.

I stopped playing and collecting Yu-Gi-Oh when I was 12. I spend over thousands of dollars on the cards. Biggest mistake in my life.
yeah same i once spent 10 (bout $16) on one of those egyptian god cards and lost it.

Watashi Wa L Desu... Please Call Me Ryuzaki...
Old 2012-12-21, 11:41   Link #67
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

To be fair, during college I was in a anime club in school in which they had a Yu-Gi-Yoh Marathon. It was bad Hong Kongese dub we had a great laugh about it. Blue-Eyed-Pink Dragon, lol

We were all a bunch of ex-magic the gathering players, so laughing at how apparently Hardcore Japanese people are is just amazing.
Closed Thread