AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-22, 11:38   Link #141
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
Why not Death God seal the thing and auto-win?
They kinda need someone who knows how to form the seal. As far as I recall, the only two characters we know of that knew the technique are dead.
__________________
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 12:17   Link #142
iBeast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
What other pacing would you prefer? It was already shown how the whole army was running to save Naruto. The story focuses on Naruto and his enemy now, others get at most one chapter. If side characters get more the story will never end, considering the pace at which it unfolds. For some reason Kishimoto didn't want Neji to have a major role after the timeskip, as opposed to characters like Shikamaru, so one chapter is the most he gets now. I guess the author could not find a good role for Neji, or he simply didn't find Neji's character interesting enough. Also he doesn't have any special ability that can be good in relation to Naruto, so for example Kakashi's and Shikamaru's intelligence can augment Naruto's raw power. Then there are Sakura and Hinata who have to be there for a hero in shonen manga. So even if they were not as interesting as Neji they would have a reserved spot because they are the main hero's girls, actually that is what makes them special, so they automatically get more screen time than Neji.
I guess I'm just mad most of the characters didn't stay dead during the Pain saga.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 12:24   Link #143
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Another, and possibly even more forms for the Ten Tails?

I like dat.

Looking forward to an even greater show of power.
There should be at least 1 more form for the Ten Tails were it gains more muscle as it was shown having a less skinny body shape in a flashback. So if it transforms again it should be pyshically stronger and it likely will gain more power in other ways too.

I like how creative the Ten Tails appearance is currently at least compared to before were it looked very similar to the 1 tails but this made sense since it has the 1 tails chakra.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-12-23 at 15:29.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 13:39   Link #144
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
They kinda need someone who knows how to form the seal. As far as I recall, the only two characters we know of that knew the technique are dead.
It'd be pointless anyway, it was barely good enough to seal half the Kyubi's chakra whereas the Juubi is more powerful by several orders of magnitude.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 18:03   Link #145
Ushio the Omega
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It'd be pointless anyway, it was barely good enough to seal half the Kyubi's chakra whereas the Juubi is more powerful by several orders of magnitude.
Nah sealing Madara away with the shiki fuin would be the best plan after all sealing away the Juubi means Naruto can't save the other biju.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 10:11   Link #146
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Seems a bit early for bodies to drop... The still have unfinished business after this is over. Unfinished Business that could easily be stretched over many chapters.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 14:02   Link #147
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
What other pacing would you prefer? It was already shown how the whole army was running to save Naruto. The story focuses on Naruto and his enemy now, others get at most one chapter. If side characters get more the story will never end, considering the pace at which it unfolds. For some reason Kishimoto didn't want Neji to have a major role after the timeskip, as opposed to characters like Shikamaru, so one chapter is the most he gets now. I guess the author could not find a good role for Neji, or he simply didn't find Neji's character interesting enough. Also he doesn't have any special ability that can be good in relation to Naruto, so for example Kakashi's and Shikamaru's intelligence can augment Naruto's raw power. Then there are Sakura and Hinata who have to be there for a hero in shonen manga. So even if they were not as interesting as Neji they would have a reserved spot because they are the main hero's girls, actually that is what makes them special, so they automatically get more screen time than Neji.
Neji really was Tenshinhan. A gatekeeper character that lost his status once the heroes(Naruto and Sasuke) passed him in ability early on. And then lost all purpose once his story was wrapped up in Part 1.

Unless Kishi chose to power him or the byakugan up, there was nothing he could do with his character since it relied on power and ability. Which now pales in comparison to Naruto, Sasuke, and even other minor characters like Gaara. Neji's character was about being the best. But when it seems like everyone else is now better then you; or you are not as special now, it pretty much kills the character. Shikamaru stays relevant because no matter how much stronger everyone gets, he will still always be smarter.

This chapter felt like Kishi's lame attempt to remind the audience that Neji was called a genius before offing him. Even though he showed nothing of the sort for the past 450 chapters. That is why it felt terribly flat.

It is like a tv show in its 10th season, bringing back a character that got some screentime during their 2nd and 3rd seasons, and then expecting you to care when they kill that character off without any real development.
__________________
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 15:34   Link #148
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Neji really was Tenshinhan. A gatekeeper character that lost his status once the heroes(Naruto and Sasuke) passed him in ability early on. And then lost all purpose once his story was wrapped up in Part 1.

Unless Kishi chose to power him or the byakugan up, there was nothing he could do with his character since it relied on power and ability. Which now pales in comparison to Naruto, Sasuke, and even other minor characters like Gaara. Neji's character was about being the best. But when it seems like everyone else is now better then you; or you are not as special now, it pretty much kills the character. Shikamaru stays relevant because no matter how much stronger everyone gets, he will still always be smarter.
Well he didn't become a kage level guy at the age of 16 like Naruto, Sasuke or Gaara. But did you expect he would? If he is Tenshinhan then Shikamaru can be Krillin, because Shika isn't stronger than Neji but he has a much important role and more screen time, that's why i don't agree that a character is "killed" once he falls behind the main heroes in power level. Neji's character was never interesting, the only thing that made him really interesting was his story in the Hyuuga clan, on the other hand Shikamaru was a more interesting person and also his team's abilities had more potential to be part of some interesting stuff. But Kishimoto could have changed that by introducing some clan history and secret abilities, powerups, etc., i also complained some years ago that Neji didn't get his part in the story, but for that to be interesting there should have been some back story with the Hyuuga clan like it was in the case of the Uchiha clan. In retrospect saying that Hyuuga are some kind of elite clan of Konoha is kinda funny, since there were only 2 elite clans, the Uchiha and Senju, we learned that those two were legends even before the village system was created. I think Kishimoto had some plans with the Hyuuga but later he dropped these and now he doesn't want them to have a role that based on all the previous hype they should have. I mean they didn't play any major role in any of the conflicts so far, this is just as ridiculous as it was that the Senju are completely absent from the story. So at this time i think there's no reason to complain about Neji getting only one chapter to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
This chapter felt like Kishi's lame attempt to remind the audience that Neji was called a genius before offing him. Even though he showed nothing of the sort for the past 450 chapters. That is why it felt terribly flat.
I liked this chapter, partly because it was more about Naruto then Neji. In this finale of the war it's all about Naruto, and my guess is that the author wants to show us how gradually everybody will begin to respect Naruto the way Itachi told him so he will naturally become the leader by the time he has to face Sasuke. Which means by that time their fight will be very similar to the fight between Madara and the 1st hokage, one will be backed by everybody and the other only by his hate. Neji was an arrogant guy, knowing he's a "genius" he despised Naruto, the author shows us how he completely changed and is willing to die for a once desised guy and for the once hated main branch child. I like how Neji changed even if it was off screen, that was his character development that led to what he did here.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 17:26   Link #149
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
They kinda need someone who knows how to form the seal. As far as I recall, the only two characters we know of that knew the technique are dead.
I'm sure Naruto will have coincidentally learned the jutsu off-screen. It's probably even "that jutsu"...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 18:38   Link #150
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
Erm.. so for about 400 chapters, there's been no growth in his character.. and it's timely to kill him off?
More people disagreed with me, but I'd like to single this one out for totally ignoring the whole "already established and well-rounded" thing that I said.


Seriously, I find no room to complain about the inevitable result of "Loads and Loads of Characters".

Don't complain about character so and so's lack of screentime, complain about the sheer amount of characters instead.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 21:05   Link #151
azenable
President of TecoT
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm sure Naruto will have coincidentally learned the jutsu off-screen. It's probably even "that jutsu"...
Naruto using a suicide jutsu will goes against his rambling of being Hokage, changing the world, wining with his nakame etc etc.

So sorry, no Death God
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 21:19   Link #152
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm sure Naruto will have coincidentally learned the jutsu off-screen. It's probably even "that jutsu"...
This reminds me of a theory that said Naruto could sacrifice the Kyubi's life when using the death god jutsu instead of his own life.

I don't see Naruto learning a jutsu like death god sealing but it would make sense for Naruto to learn a different type of sealing jutsu.

As the Uzumaki clan specialized in sealing but this doesn't mean Naruto will also be good at sealing yet it would give Naruto a different attack to use.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 07:35   Link #153
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
This reminds me of a theory that said Naruto could sacrifice the Kyubi's life when using the death god jutsu instead of his own life.
Naruto is the type of guy who would sacrifice his life for his friends, there's no way he would sacrifice anybody else instead of himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
As the Uzumaki clan specialized in sealing but this doesn't mean Naruto will also be good at sealing yet it would give Naruto a different attack to use.
Unfortunately it seems that the author allows genjutsu and seal use only to the intellectual type ninja, thus Naruto most likely will never learn that. Unless there's some major timeskip and after that the story is focused on their children and Naruto is just a side character who's alredy in his 30s and has some kind of sage of 6 paths level status.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 08:37   Link #154
Kenu
magoi, magoi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm sure Naruto will have coincidentally learned the jutsu off-screen. It's probably even "that jutsu"...
LOL after all these years do we really know what "that jutsu" is?
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 11:22   Link #155
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
^ Fingers in the butt jutsu, definitely. But he would need bigger finger against Jyubbi
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 11:52   Link #156
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ Fingers in the butt jutsu, definitely. But he would need bigger finger against Jyubbi
You know what, that "enema jutsu" of Kakashi might work well on Juubi if only the Alliance can make a strong giant pair of hands to do it . Hell, that jutsu might also work on Madara too if Naruto is strong enough to break his defenses. Just imagine the hilarity.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 12:03   Link #157
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ Fingers in the butt jutsu, definitely. But he would need bigger finger against Jyubbi
Didn't he use that on Gaara's transformation? And it was it's only weak spot if i remember correctly

The problem in case of the 10-tails is that it's so deformed you can't even tell where's it's butthole
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 13:37   Link #158
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ Fingers in the butt jutsu, definitely. But he would need bigger finger against Jyubbi
You just found a reason for Chouji to exist .

"Chouji: Sticking his finger in things he shouldn't since 1999."
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 14:50   Link #159
ranchan13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Didn't he use that on Gaara's transformation? And it was it's only weak spot if i remember correctly

The problem in case of the 10-tails is that it's so deformed you can't even tell where's it's butthole
Well, when he used it on Gaara, he modified it for combat by
1) Using a kunai instead of his fingers
and
2) Attaching an exploding tag to said kunai

I love how people always discredit Naruto's intelligence. Yes he's an idiot most of the time, but he's not stupid. Look at the [brilliant] tactics he's used in some of his fights.

Naruto vs Kiba - Taking a hit, then using a henge to appear to be Akamaru thus confusing Kiba.
Naruto vs Neji - Leaving a clone in a crater, then digging his way to Neji and flooring him with a Sho-Ryu-Ken from Street Fighter
Naruto vs Gaara - Exploding kunai in the back door please
Naruto vs Kakuzu - using his real body as a decoy, because who does that?

Hell, there are other situations as well. Naruto is a good, tactical fighter. He just hurts his case by being an idiot.
__________________
Combat
ELEment
STrategic
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 16:13   Link #160
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Thousand years of pain would be a more fitting way to beat Sasuke tbh.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.