AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-18, 02:32   Link #121
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFSweet
Can anyone tell me a specific japanese font that works with the game (specifically one that is only for japanese and not for other languages as well). I did install the Jap. IME and was wondering if any of the fonts from that install qualify?
Well, it seems to be a bit picky in terms of the types of fonts that work, unless your computer is running in "Japanese mode". Thankfully, though, the fonts from DynaComware (a.k.a. DynaFont) seem to work well, and there are a number of them available for free trial download on their website. Just download the ".ttc" files, copy them to your Windows Fonts folder (which should automatically install them) and you should see them in the list on the font configuration screen next time you start Shuffle!
Old 2006-01-18, 05:54   Link #122
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Well, it seems to be a bit picky in terms of the types of fonts that work, unless your computer is running in "Japanese mode". Thankfully, though, the fonts from DynaComware (a.k.a. DynaFont) seem to work well, and there are a number of them available for free trial download on their website.
The DynaFont trials don't work for me at all, though it may be because i've not got any Japanese support installed of any type. A font called FA RoundGothicBS works fine though without any support (including a lack of Complex script and right to left languages and east asian languages support).

Though i'm not sure why I changed it, apart from it looking nicer than the garbled text that Dynafont and other fonts came out with.
Old 2006-01-18, 16:38   Link #123
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB
The DynaFont trials don't work for me at all, though it may be because i've not got any Japanese support installed of any type.
Well, could be - these were the fonts that worked for me under AppLocale running the EXE in Japanese mode, that's all. You can use the program without any sort of Japanese support, but not all the prompts and items are unicode-compliant, so you get gibberish even if you switch the font. This way, the only gibberish you should see at all is in the Loading/Saving screens (because it's trying to use MSGothic).
Old 2006-01-18, 17:23   Link #124
TFSweet

Nice thanks a lot relentlessflame!!!! WOOT WOOT IT WORKED! all i needed was that specific font for japanese. when i went into the shuffle! game config menu with the fonts.. the msgothic font was all messed up in the preview BUT the font u linked me to was PERFECT!!!!! DOMO DOMO **bow**
Old 2006-01-18, 21:49   Link #125
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowrazoR
so... they're only overworking the artists and the storywriters huh?

not much hope in seeing judgement chime getting scanlated huh? not even shuffle manga's been properly scanlated yet (sorry knkf, but i don't count 2 chapters then dropping the series a proper job. can't blame you guys though. too much stuff to do, what with the game translation coming).
I have volumes 1 and 2, but I don't think I can muster up the courage to tear up the binding... ^^;;

The books have such pretty art! >.<
Old 2006-01-19, 00:30   Link #126
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

if you're talking about shuffle, i don't think that you'll have to do that. that raws' been floating around for a long time. the problem is that there's no group translating them.
Old 2006-01-19, 01:31   Link #127
Jinto.lin

How hard would it be to make Shuffle! an 'all ages' game? Like what NNL is doing with Wind.
Old 2006-01-19, 01:35   Link #128
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

there is already an all-ages version. it's called shuffle on the stage
Old 2006-01-19, 09:06   Link #129
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto.lin
How hard would it be to make Shuffle! an 'all ages' game? Like what NNL is doing with Wind.
Well, I would say "probably not all that hard technically" if someone was already messing with the script files (especially if you're eliminating lines anyway, as happened with Wind) - these games are driven entirely by the script files - but it requires a bunch of conscious effort and extra work. Not only do you have to go through the script and (probably) try to make sure it still flows, but there are little details that arise too. For example, what are you going to do with the CG and Scenario screens in the Extras section to make sure they don't show any H content, even in image previews? Anyway, I would say it's much more likely that you'd see a direct translation of the game as is. And well, yeah, there is Shuffle on the Stage, as ShadowrazoR said, but that's for PS2 only and isn't being translated, which was the point of the question, I think.
Old 2006-01-19, 22:05   Link #130
Jinto.lin

Then how might I edit the files to atleast change the pics? I know they are PNG, and are in a .pac file (Well, I think they are) but how would I extract it?

And, yes. I've searched Google. Nothing to be found.
Old 2006-01-21, 01:46   Link #131
shermanramni

Ask heklin next time he shows up.
Old 2006-01-21, 04:06   Link #132
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanramni
Ask heklin next time he shows up.
Yup, that'd be my suggestion too - unfortunately, I've never really messed around with the data files for Shuffle, so I can't really give any tips there. Besides, if you're going to go through all the work of somehow turning it into an all-ages game, they might be interested in working with you anyway and finding some way to distribute it to others who might be interested.
Old 2006-01-21, 14:43   Link #133
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
It's probably a lot easier to remove the H sections from the actual script than it is to censor all the images. By changing the script, you can also work in the transition a lot better to totally hide the fact that there was supposed to be an adult scene coming up, etc.
Old 2006-01-24, 11:24   Link #134
heklin
YOU want ME to do WHAT?

sorry for not makeing an update recently, things have been rather hectic around here, and i just celebrated my 49th birthday, i havent been in contact with the others helping with the patch for the last few weeks, but once i get up to date on the status i will let everyone know,

thanks again for your continued support!

as a side note, ive been giving some thought to the shuffle novels and manga, at the moment, i dont have time to translate it myself, but it may be possible at a latter date. after all manga was my primary job/addiction before shuffle came along =3
Old 2006-01-24, 11:43   Link #135
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

congratulations ...

the manga's and novels would be great to read
Old 2006-01-24, 19:49   Link #136
Bishoujomae

hapy 49th B-day ^^

cant wait for the SHUFFLE patch release ^^
Old 2006-01-24, 20:16   Link #137
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by heklin
i just celebrated my 49th birthday...............

....as a side note, ive been giving some thought to the shuffle novels and manga, at the moment, i dont have time to translate it myself, but it may be possible at a latter date. after all manga was my primary job/addiction before shuffle came along =3
Happy birthday heklin

Wow! nice to see you have some interest in the manga, I've went through the first volume and its Great! if you have time to work on the manga, that would be nice, but I'm sure your got/will-have your hands full with alot of other things ^^

Thx for a update.
Old 2006-01-25, 01:03   Link #138
chrono12
PPP

Happy Birthday Heklin

Once again thanks for your updates, makes me looks forward to it
I'm glad that u r considering translating the manga, i read the 1st 2 chapters from KnKF & feels they r quite interesting.. would look forward to it if u decided to do it
Old 2006-01-25, 03:31   Link #139
Tiberium Wolf

Happy Birthday Heklin

49th birthday
Old 2006-01-25, 15:22   Link #140
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by heklin
sorry for not makeing an update recently, things have been rather hectic around here, and i just celebrated my 49th birthday, i havent been in contact with the others helping with the patch for the last few weeks, but once i get up to date on the status i will let everyone know,

thanks again for your continued support!

as a side note, ive been giving some thought to the shuffle novels and manga, at the moment, i dont have time to translate it myself, but it may be possible at a latter date. after all manga was my primary job/addiction before shuffle came along =3
Wow.. someone older than me on an internet forum how rare

I'm figuring another year of study and I might be able to try helping some groups out with manga scanlates --- at least ones directed at young teens (though I'll still have my handy Kodansha kanji dictionary strapped to my utility belt).

Learning Japanese is turning into one of the more enjoyable challenges of my life education.
Closed Thread