AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-30, 10:09   Link #5681
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
doni is a real monster. ı think Man of Steel is a stronger ability than magic sword. he is really indestructible. his fight with Luo Hao must be epic. ı hope there would be a short story about that.

by the way isn't heat enemy of steel. shouldn't white stallion melt Doni. Sun wukong melted at high temperature. well he might just used all his power to Man of Steel but heat must be stronger than steel. if godou used Stallion at full power shouldn't he kill doni, ı think he subconciously hold back from using all power of stallion
Doni has the authority of 'invulnerability' He can adapt very easily.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 10:49   Link #5682
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Yeah, but what I want is for Godou to be able to do all those ALONE without having to rely on his vixen.
I take it that you're just getting tired with protagonist who act like wuss almost the time and only gets some balls on the very last moment.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 11:23   Link #5683
GundamFan

I'd like to see Godou put some effort into training learn how to use the sword he does have 3 possible teachers Ena would be especially good for this since she also is familar with Tsurugi wind and storm powers and maybe some regular. Because right now Godou has one glaring weakness he is pretty much reliant on Verethragna authorities whether he fighting grunt mages or gods and that put him in a tight spot.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 11:43   Link #5684
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I'd like to see Godou put some effort into training learn how to use the sword he does have 3 possible teachers Ena would be especially good for this since she also is familar with Tsurugi wind and storm powers and maybe some regular. Because right now Godou has one glaring weakness he is pretty much reliant on Verethragna authorities whether he fighting grunt mages or gods and that put him in a tight spot.
It was mentioned that training to master authorities isn't effective.
Spoiler for Vol.8:
Old 2012-12-30, 12:24   Link #5685
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Training is useless when it comes to mastering authorities, but there are fields Godou could try elsewhere. Godou could try swordsmanship, mix martial arts, and magic. Luo Hao demonstrated clear uses of mix martial arts and magic. Alec demonstrated Magic and Doni demonstrated Swordsmanship. Godou could try those, he has teachers already by his side. Yuri has learn some form of magic, but she also has the ability to see things that could happen or things beneficial to them. Godou could use that to train in the field better suited for him. Liliana has better magic than Erica so she is perfect to teach Godou some magic. Erica has a mix of both Magic and Mix Martial Art. Ena is a perfect teacher of Swordsmanship and Mix Martial Arts. Godou has great magical ability and the hardworking ethic to learn so its entirely possible if he wanted to. Though he will argue that normal society has no use for Magic and Swordsmanship, though Mix Martial arts he may be okay with.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 13:18   Link #5686
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Training is useless when it comes to mastering authorities, but there are fields Godou could try elsewhere. Godou could try swordsmanship, mix martial arts, and magic. Luo Hao demonstrated clear uses of mix martial arts and magic. Alec demonstrated Magic and Doni demonstrated Swordsmanship. Godou could try those, he has teachers already by his side. Yuri has learn some form of magic, but she also has the ability to see things that could happen or things beneficial to them. Godou could use that to train in the field better suited for him. Liliana has better magic than Erica so she is perfect to teach Godou some magic. Erica has a mix of both Magic and Mix Martial Art. Ena is a perfect teacher of Swordsmanship and Mix Martial Arts. Godou has great magical ability and the hardworking ethic to learn so its entirely possible if he wanted to. Though he will argue that normal society has no use for Magic and Swordsmanship, though Mix Martial arts he may be okay with.
He might be a little more open to training now though I'd think vol. 11 he I'd hope would realize the danger of not having lower levels of powers to take care of grunt oppentents. As far as the training goes well the Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi doesn't really behave like normal authority and you can't really compare it to other Campiones attempts at training since Godou would be getting advice from the previous welder rather then attempting improve ability on his own.
Old 2012-12-30, 13:22   Link #5687
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
He might be a little more open to training now though I'd think vol. 11 he I'd hope would realize the danger of not having lower levels of powers to take care of grunt oppentents. As far as the training goes well the Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi doesn't really behave like normal authority and you can't really compare it to other Campiones attempts at training since Godou would be getting advice from the previous welder rather then attempting improve ability on his own.
The timeline should be close to where Spring Break occurs, a week could do him so good. Summer Vacation is also near by as well. That should give him time to train.
Old 2012-12-30, 13:42   Link #5688
bludvein

He really does need something that he can use all the time, if for no other reason than to take care of the grunts that are too weak to meet the conditions. The excuses given as to why he shouldn't ring kinda hollow most of the time. Its not like he would end up any worse off even if it wasn't useful in a fight with someone on his level.

Annie is described as a rather average mage, but her magic power makes her spells rather formidable. Same story with Alec, and his magic actually helped him make a variation on his lightning speed.

It ends up seeming like the author just doesn't want to cut into the harem's usefulness.

Though I suppose if he had to he could let his sword do the work for him like it did for Ena that one time.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 14:16   Link #5689
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well in Godou mind, he probably thinks there is no use of it. Godou saying that is probably more towards his belief of being normal, but could also be because even if he can't fight off grunts they can't do any harm to him due to the hardness of bone and recovery speed of a Campione. Almost like a porcupine, why attack, let enemies attack you and hurt themselves.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-12-30 at 15:14.
Old 2012-12-30, 15:10   Link #5690
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
He really does need something that he can use all the time, if for no other reason than to take care of the grunts that are too weak to meet the conditions. The excuses given as to why he shouldn't ring kinda hollow most of the time. Its not like he would end up any worse off even if it wasn't useful in a fight with someone on his level.

Annie is described as a rather average mage, but her magic power makes her spells rather formidable. Same story with Alec, and his magic actually helped him make a variation on his lightning speed.

It ends up seeming like the author just doesn't want to cut into the harem's usefulness.

Though I suppose if he had to he could let his sword do the work for him like it did for Ena that one time.
You're probably right but if the author is going that route he really shouldn't have Godou going at it alone against grunts it just makes he seem kind of apathic.

Quote:
Well in Godou mind, he probably thinks there is no use of it. Godou saying that is probably more towards his belief of being normal, but could also be because even if he can't fight off grunts they can do any harm to him due to the hardness of bone and recovery speed of a Campione. Almost like a porcupine, why attack, let enemies attack you and hurt themselves.
Yes Godou has some physical enhancements but he is still very vulernable to traditional weaponary.
Old 2012-12-30, 16:59   Link #5691
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Godou should at least learn invisibility magic or something. Vs humans he's of no use in a fight. He doesn't want to kill them so it's a no-go when it comes to his authority so all he's left with is dodging.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 19:51   Link #5692
zeroknight03

Quote:
The excuses given as to why he shouldn't ring kinda hollow most of the time. Its not like he would end up any worse off even if it wasn't useful in a fight with someone on his level.
I think it's good that Godou doesn't actively try to learn like normal humans. Campiones have their personality defects and it makes them interesting. Doni believes in the sword, Luo Hao believes in her martial arts and Voban doesn't care about either martial arts or magic yet manages to be a monster. Godou's been compared to Voban in that they don't really care about such skills. They'll win their own way regardless.

Being stubborn and continuing to believe that he's still "normal" is part of Godou's personality defect (while having a secret savage side obsessed with winning). He'll only learn when it's needed in the heat of the moment. Campiones are fools after all, they gotta do it their own way despite common sense dictating the contrary.

Common sense dictates a human shouldn't challenge a god that can kill you with a touch. Being unreasonable is part of their nature.
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 01:50   Link #5693
bakapervert
A pervert

A Campione will stay true to their own way no matter how foolish it is or what hardship it will bring. Godou is no exception to that. Even Doni say that battle between Campione is like proving whose way of doing thing is better, so maybe if Godou change how he live is like admitting that his way is wrong and it may weaken his spirit or something.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 10:50   Link #5694
muk

did we get a summary for vol 13?
muk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 11:39   Link #5695
bakapervert
A pervert

Happy new year everyone, and thank you zzhk for completing vol 11. What a great way to start this year. Too bad the part where Godou meet the uncle is not showed. I want to see how Godou handle meeting father of the girl, especially when its known he already take so much liberty with the daughter.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 15:24   Link #5696
Mars Mode

Thank you very much for Vol 11 zzhk.

Where did Dony learn to enter the state of suspended animation I wonder?
The last illustration of this vol has always looked to me like Erika is jealous of Donny, or is it just me.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 18:36   Link #5697
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
A Campione will stay true to their own way no matter how foolish it is or what hardship it will bring. Godou is no exception to that. Even Doni say that battle between Campione is like proving whose way of doing thing is better, so maybe if Godou change how he live is like admitting that his way is wrong and it may weaken his spirit or something.
We don't know if they actaully typicialy do or don't stay true their own way or most due change over time they live for centuries and there is only handful of them around so generalization don't work well for something like this. Plus at some point Godou is going to have accept that he isn't normal he might be able to live a decade or two in denial but family and friends aging will catch up with him.
Old 2012-12-31, 18:46   Link #5698
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
We don't know if they actaully typicialy do or don't stay true their own way or most due change over time they live for centuries and there is only handful of them around so generalization don't work well for something like this. Plus at some point Godou is going to have accept that he isn't normal he might be able to live a decade or two in denial but family and friends aging will catch up with him.
I think you have something there. I remember Voban had a thing for the Queen of England and enjoyed his youth when he first turn into a Campione. Somewhere along the lines, Voban became obsess of finding entertainment by fighting Gods.
Old 2012-12-31, 18:52   Link #5699
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
I think you have something there. I remember Voban had a thing for the Queen of England and enjoyed his youth when he first turn into a Campione. Somewhere along the lines, Voban became obsess of finding entertainment by fighting Gods.
Immortality does = Eternal boredom after a while, after all. It's not surprising. Though, I hope the Campione slayer doesn't turn out to be pure chaotic evil and only lives to kill Campiones. I hope he/she has a decent reason as to why they're doing that, it'll probably be like what the villains from Tengen toppa gurren lagann's motives were. There can probably only be a set amount of Campiones alive at any one time maybe?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 19:33   Link #5700
GundamFan

Quote:
Well it's not like Godou going to probably endup alone magic can be used extend lives and keep ones youth so Godou's ladies could easily be with him for a few centuries. Still though unless Godou meets an untimely death he is going out live all his family and his friends from school by quite a bit. This just another reason why he needs to keep his ladies close and try to get them powered up.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem