AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-29, 01:21   Link #11601
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
I wanted to ask if the fact that MB is here actually means anything?
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 01:36   Link #11602
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Ahahaha this chapter. I'm glad this manga picked up so much again.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 03:57   Link #11603
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I'm really impressed by the amount of naysayers. This is by far my fav manga among the ones I'm reading right now.
Same goes for me! I am excited for the next chapter. I love that it is so fresh compared to other mangas yet also entertaining .
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 04:25   Link #11604
Qilin
Romanticist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 23
You really have to love how Medaka Box characters double as caricatures of particular human idiosyncrasies. I'm going to be a bit sad to see the old guy go, but you know how Nisio does his stuff... He goes for a huge build-up and then swerves at the last minute. Just another day for him, I guess.

It's sad to see Fukurou go, right when I noticed just how similar he was to Zenkichi. Both of them happened to fall in love with someone way beyond their league. However, while Zenkichi chose to become a stronger person, Fukurou simply gave up in favor of finding a more convenient, yet inferior, substitute in her place. Twisted he may be as a person, but his motives were ultimately very human. It might not even be all that unusual to seen Zen following in his footsteps in a hypothetical bad ending.
__________________
Damaged Goods
"There’s an up higher than up, but at the very top, down is all there is."
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 07:02   Link #11605
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I love that it is so fresh
I see what you did there.
As a reminder, no chapter next week because WSJ is on holiday hiatus
__________________
RedKey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 08:44   Link #11606
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
I wanted to ask if the fact that MB is here actually means anything?
I wouldn't look too much into it.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 10:29   Link #11607
summers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I see what you did there.
As a reminder, no chapter next week because WSJ is on holiday hiatus
Them an their holiday's. Why cant they make chapters twice as long in prep for it.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 10:38   Link #11608
[HearT]
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I see what you did there.
As a reminder, no chapter next week because WSJ is on holiday hiatus
and iirc it's also on break the week after that, hahah~ sucks to be us~
__________________
「♥」
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 11:52   Link #11609
Thth
???
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
It was recently just mentioned, but yeah, if Fukurou has all of the styles, shouldn't he also have Kakegae's?
Meaning, he probably isn't finished yet. It would explain him "getting killed" by the Ge'Hyoukai.
There is also Kotobuki's style (that age reduction style).
2 styles which could negate Fukurou's current death even at the hands of the irreversible destroyer were introduced just before his death...hmmm

I hope he is not dead yet but I am not really expecting anything...
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 15:16   Link #11610
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Its a Nishio work even the most 'invincible' characters can die even when they are killed except when he needs them back though.
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 23:46   Link #11611
shmaster
Hanged Man & Chariot
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Come back from reading the raw... and just where did it say Bami is the strongest of the Academy?
Translation error again? It seems we are getting a lot of those recently on small details like this.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 04:37   Link #11612
summers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
I wanted to ask if the fact that MB is here actually means anything?
Why is hunter x hunter in their? That manga might as well be cancelled, if it ever goes of break it will put out 10 chapters at most then go back on break for a year.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 05:48   Link #11613
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Why is hunter x hunter in their? That manga might as well be cancelled, if it ever goes of break it will put out 10 chapters at most then go back on break for a year.
According to rumors the author has health issues but agreed to put out around 10 chapters a year.

I'm not sure how true this is but this kind of deal wouldn't surprise me considering the author and the series popularity, which even despite the several hiatus manages to stay pretty strong.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 08:14   Link #11614
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I wouldn't look too much into it.
What I was trying to say is that the fact it's there with other famous or very famous characters may mean that it's already quite established and won't be cut because of ratings or such.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 16:51   Link #11615
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Come back from reading the raw... and just where did it say Bami is the strongest of the Academy?
Translation error again? It seems we are getting a lot of those recently on small details like this.
これらを組み合わせた『鴎システム』を使う彼は箱庭学園でも 屈指の実力者である!

Please explain why translating 屈指の実力者 as strongest one would be an error.
__________________
RedKey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 01:29   Link #11616
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
@Westlo Honestly....if it can wrap up the story then fine.
Exactly, it's fine since it will get a decent conclusion of sorts and won't get bent over like Mx0 and Mago, though the latter was such a good seller in its prime it was given extra chapters in Jump Next.

But people act like this is coming to an end because it is, fuck no, Nisio could write another 200 chapters with ease if he wanted too, do you guys see how much shit he has put out for his main LN series? Bakemonogatari was suppose to end like twice already before coming to its, for now "ending".

Ask yourself this, if Medaka Box had the manga and anime sales of Kuroko would it be finishing up right now? If you say yes you're lying and/or deluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
No, it's not, and even less now we are at the more than likely final arc of the story. And stop trying to convince yourself it's Zen's fault.
Which character has had his screen time increased as much during the decline of Medaka Box? The peak of MB didn't even had Zen in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Geez... some people just never learn, do they? It reminds me of the old days.
Lol it's nothing like the old days, everything Ushio the Omega said is true, learn to look @ things unbiased and you would see that.

Anime is over = true
Anime flopped = true
Bottom 3 for the last 6 weeks = true
Lowest seller of the titles older then 18 months = true if Kurogane isn't 18 months or older.
Clear out deadwood to give new manga a chance = true, why do you think Shaman King, Mago, Psyren, Mx0 etc got canned?

It would be the height of stupidity to give up on the chance of having another Assassination Classroom (biggest hit since Death Note for WSJ) for a manga that is stuck in limbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
I wanted to ask if the fact that MB is here actually means anything?
Not really, I mean Reborn is in that pic and that manga is now finished, + MB does have an anime airing and has stuff to push. Here's the previous pic of that



So more than likely depending on when it gets updated Reborn + Medaka Box out and Assassination Classroom, Nisekoi and Hq!! in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
What I was trying to say is that the fact it's there with other famous or very famous characters may mean that it's already quite established and won't be cut because of ratings or such.
See the above image I posted with Nura from Nurarihyon No Mago in it, was a better anime and manga seller then Medaka Box, didn't help it much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Why is hunter x hunter in their? That manga might as well be cancelled, if it ever goes of break it will put out 10 chapters at most then go back on break for a year.
Because 1 volume of HxH outsells like 7 of Medaka Box's? HxH is the third best selling manga by Shueisha have behind One Piece and Naruto... or maybe Kimi ni Todoke is 3rd, whatever it's top 4. (Ao no Exorcist is probably 5th)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 06:42   Link #11617
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Man Westlo...why you gotta remind me of Mx0...now you got me all depressed and pissed.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 07:43   Link #11618
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Bah, it's useless to talk with the naysayers. No need to waste more of my saliva with that shit.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 07:55   Link #11619
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Bah just put him in your ignore list. He's jut repeating the same ething again and again.
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 08:16   Link #11620
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Bah just put him in your ignore list. He's jut repeating the same ething again and again.
It's tiresome, I know, but doing this wouldn't be fair. My ignore list is reserved only for trolls.

Time will tell if it gets canned. If not, all the better (there's plenty of cushions under).
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.