AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-25, 17:50   Link #341
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Spoiler for Episode 13:

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 21:48   Link #342
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Spoiler for Episode 13:
I swear either the producers are setting it up so that they can make a second season, or we are getting a second season, or the producers are sadists who like to f**K with fans' minds.

If they had no intention of making a second season, I really see no reason to show Tomoe's cursed stripes and this cameo.

Also, *points at your sig..."Kyouhei!"*

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 22:32   Link #343
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I swear either the producers are setting it up so that they can make a second season, or we are getting a second season, or the producers are sadists who like to f**K with fans' minds.

If they had no intention of making a second season, I really see no reason to show Tomoe's cursed stripes and this cameo.

Also, *points at your sig..."Kyouhei!"*
I know....I am confused by his appearance too. I don't know what they are trying to indicate here

Anyway, there are going to be plenty of merchandise plus the release of DVD/Blu-ray next year, so perhaps if the profit is encouraging enough, they might consider a second season? I just can't help but bothered by Kirihito's appearance. I mean seriously, what is the significance? If it's just for cameo purpose, I am speechless, haha.

Oh yeah, another smut Midnight Secretary fan!

About merchandise, I have my eye on this:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods...Y=NEOGDS-77202

You can be sure I will be going to gym very diligently, just so to have an excuse to use it!

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-12-25 at 22:44.
Old 2012-12-26, 06:39   Link #344
kuromitsu

I just watched ep 13 and as someone who hasn't read the manga, my only complaint is that there wasn't enough Kurama, but ah, I guess there's no helping that... (this is what happens when you fall for a side character ;_; ) What we had of him was awesome so I have to be content with that. Also, this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

AAAWWWWWW.

Aside of the lack of my favorite character, this was one of the best conclusions I've seen for a show of this kind, where the anime has to stop but the manga obviously goes on and on. Yes, it was predictable but that wasn't the point, really, it was how everything smoothed out very elegantly, congrats to the writer and the director. And again, I loved how they kept the not-very-serious tone, defusing emotional scenes before they could've gotten out of hand. (Case in point: Tomoe getting smacked away after his heartfelt confession. And then Mizuki. xD) Nanami's dance against the spider was really pretty, I suppose this is where their budget went? XD;; The appearances by side characters in the end was a nice touch (even the One-Eyed Dragon King came, but without his wife... xD), we had some fanservice for manga readers (to me it was "KYAAA SUWABE JUNICHI, KYAAAAAAAAAA!.....wait, Suwabe again? ...Oh."), and the romance subplot ended with a long kiss.

All in all, this was a delightful series and I'm very happy to have followed it. Before the first episode I had my doubts about it, because while Nanami is cute I'm not really into Tomoe type male characters, and they're so obviously meant to be that I thought I wouldn't really care about a romance between them. (And I'm still not invested in it enough to read the manga... except the parts that have Kurama. ) But the great comedic timing, Nanami's adorable pluckiness, the side characters, and the great seiyuu made this into a very enjoyable anime.

I'm kind of torn whether I want a second season or not - the main romance is pretty much done and confirmed and sealed with a kiss, so there's no point in dragging it out for another 13 episodes (especially with the love "rival" being dead), the plot the Suwabe character hints at is kind of interesting but is potentially too dark and angsty which is not what I'm looking for in this show... but I'd love to see more of the side characters.

Now where's that soundtrack with the two Kurama songs?!
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 06:55   Link #345
SQA

One side point to showing a character from later in the manga: They might be setting up to do OVAs that somewhat continue. There seems to be a market for them that makes money but isn't anywhere close to the cost of a full TV run. Might make sense for the shoujo/josei type series, actually.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 17:33   Link #346
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 13:
Old 2012-12-27, 17:43   Link #347
Bern-san

From the official twitter I saw that the 2nd DVD is going to include a Kurama story by the author, I think it says that:
Quote:
「神様はじめました」BD&DVD第2巻もご予約お忘れなく~。鞍馬が主人公のジュリエッタ先生の描き下ろ し漫画「鞍馬秘密を暴かれる!?」が入ってます!

I'm really hoping for a second season!
Old 2012-12-27, 18:36   Link #348
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
From the official twitter I saw that the 2nd DVD is going to include a Kurama story by the author, I think it says that:
YESSSS!! Thank you, producers!

Btw the title is "Kurama's Secret is Revealed?!"

(I can just see it: "MY FANS KNOW THAT I'M A TENGU NOT A FALLEN ANGEL! MY IMAGE IS RUINED! RUINED!!!")
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 18:40   Link #349
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
YESSSS!! Thank you, producers!

Btw the title is "Kurama's Secret is Revealed?!"

(I can just see it: "MY FANS KNOW THAT I'M A TENGU NOT A FALLEN ANGEL! MY IMAGE IS RUINED! RUINED!!!")
Great News indeed! BTW it looks like KamiHaji's gonna sell about 4500+ copies (Better than Tonari's 2500! Yay!)
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 20:48   Link #350
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Seeing how the anime ends, I am not really optimistic about a second season. Oh well, it never hurts to hope.

That special Kurama chapter by the mangaka will be 50 pages long. 50! What kind of story is she going to fit in? Can't wait, heh. It kinda sucks that the manga is taking a break right now. Seems like the next chapter is on February 5.

Old 2012-12-28, 06:41   Link #351
Amaranthine~Azure

I'm SO glad that this got an anime! I love the manga and so far the anime is really cool too. I Like the opening and ending themes a lot too, Hanae is great! Does anyone know any of her other music?
Old 2012-12-29, 22:19   Link #352
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

That last episode made this series Nanami doing the Kagome was just so awesome

Come on second season
Old 2012-12-30, 18:15   Link #353
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I hope this gets a second season as well.....the last episode was pretty predictable
Spoiler:
but really, really cute and I lol'd at Tomoe ignoring Kurama and Mizuki trying his damnedest to play the flute(but failing).

If not a second season, then this is probaly one series I'll get on dvd for the dub. Hopefully Funi goes ahead and licenses this for dvd. I can already hear certain VAS for the cast in my head...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 13:58   Link #354
EroKing

Episode 13
That was one beautiful finale!
It had a whole soft/warm feeling to it and you can't help but love every second of it. Ending it with the sweet long kiss was just perfect!

Hands down one of the best romance with just the right amount of humor I have seen in recent years and words aren't enough to express how much I came to love Nanami's character. There weren't really any annoying characters, all of them were pretty lovable. 10/10 for the show!

Last edited by EroKing; 2013-01-01 at 09:33.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 14:12   Link #355
ookamigirl

The end is here. Wish this one had more episodes.
I really like how it combined romance, comedy and innocence.
Tomoe was very bothered by her leaving. It brought back painful things.
Him not giving up was nice and kinda sweet.
Nanami on the other hand was totally down, until he got back to her senses.
Nanami vs Earth Spider & miasma! That was nice to watch.
The fall festival was a great success! That tsundere fox was really something.
The ending was perfect!! Like finally!
I'd love if it had another season!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 18:44   Link #356
NaweG
Just some guy

Is there any way to find a full version of the ED that they seemed to excerpt a few episodes back? I could listen to the ED of this and the one from Sankrea all day long...

Just to be clear I did find this, but the link given is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Edit2: Found the full version of the OP and ED song

http://youtu.be/eiFlkz2c1fU (Full ED)
Thanks!

Last edited by NaweG; 2012-12-31 at 18:47. Reason: Dropped Quote
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 00:21   Link #357
Kakkou
Tch.

This was a great show. Absolutely enjoyable from start to finish. Really loved how they kept up with the humour even in serious moments. I can't decide between it or Kaibutsu-kun as my favourite of the season's Shoujo 3 (Behind on Sukitte so I can't judge it yet) but finale wise this definitely wins hands down.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 01:22   Link #358
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

OMG! GIVE ME A SECOND SEASON OF THIS SERIES!!! PLEEAAASSEEE!!!

This has been the only series I can remember that makes me go into all caps. But seriously, the finale was just awesome! So heartwarming and sweet. I absolutely love Nanami's second outfit, the butterfly one that Mikage gave her. It was beautiful!

If I recall correctly, much of the last 2 episodes is anime original material, and I actually prefer the anime version of the festival events than the manga one.

This series has been my absolutely favourite anime this season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Oh yeah, another smut Midnight Secretary fan!
Love all of Ohmi Tomu's work. Her drawings are beautiful and the stories are good...if you don't mind some of the other stuff that's included.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 09:16   Link #359
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Is there any way to find a full version of the ED that they seemed to excerpt a few episodes back? I could listen to the ED of this and the one from Sankrea all day long...
The complete version of the ED is still available here. I don't know about the OP.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 09:21   Link #360
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a wonderful ending. Probably one of the best feel good anime of the year.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shoujo, supernatural