AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-01, 23:20   Link #2361
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Well at least this is true: Siegís ancestor might destroy armies but Nanoha could do the same at 9.
Human armies =/= Drone armies.

Quote:
And I am afraid you guys arenít getting my point. ViVidís combat styles are really cheap on its variety and the actual differences arenít that great or matter that much. Magic styles as Belka and Mid-Childa are as good or bad as the story makes them look so far, yes and as Lhklan that might have to do with the TSAB and the Church being so large and controlling a lot of places. Also as Kaijo says: As humans, we gravitate to the best ways of doing something, and once someone finds it, others copy it. But nothing of that matters, at all.
And you aren't getting our points. Nothing of that matters? Of course it matters. As Kaijo said: As humans, we gravitate to the best ways of doing something, and once someone finds it, others copy it. So why introduce a new style when there's already a best? If you do that, people are gonna start asking: Wait, why didn't they use the old style? It's better, right?

Oh sure, you can fix that by having this style as strong as the last one. But then, other questions appears: Wait, if it's so strong, how come no one heard of it before? And why it only appears NOW of all time?

Quote:
You see, ViVid is fantasy. Is a story. What I am saying is that the author could get creative and bring more of the magic styles he himself made a character say there are, so we can see more of the variety. On that regard nothing can stop the author from doing it. I mean, why not? If he wants he can, and that is it: he doesnít want. Now he might have his reasons and etc. but my point was never about such reasons. As good as the explanations that have been present might sound, what prevents me from making another one? On this case isnít a matter of who is right and who is wrong, I just ask if wonít be nice to have more magic styles and see that on ViVid to add some flavor on the fights. How the author does it or what troubles will he face is his own problem. I will never accept the ďthink on the authorĒ excuse when the matter falls down to, how creative you can be?
*Point to the Final Fantasy games*. More than 14 games, same magic spells : 3 levels of spells for some (Fire, Fira, Firaga), one level for absurdly powerful spell (Flare, Meteor). It's the same system, but no one complains about it. Why? Because it works.


Quote:
Just saying, will be nice to have more magic styles and not just different kicks on a same style? I will agree most fighters can put a personal seal on their fights but adding the magic system element will help to make it look more rich and unique on its own rights. At least to me.
Nope. As a matter of fact, I like it more when they put a different spin on a old style. I can see new and more creatives to use an existing style.

Beside, if you create new styles JUST to have them disappear after the Tournament arc, what's the point?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 10:21   Link #2362
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Actually I think blowing a drone army could be harder than a human one. The type 3 drones were strong enough to make Signum stop and take a defense stand (With limiters, but is not a minor achievement for a machine) and had AMF fields of their own which I am sure mages don’t have, so could be consider as hard if not harder to blow them up. Besides Precia’s drone army was all AA or even AAA in rank and Nanoha deal with those at the age of 9 without the need of being born as a perfect combat machine. So really we could go about who is more awesome for days, let’s just say they are both amazing.

It doesn’t matter for a single reason: isn’t an absolute as, I have the feeling, you guys are trying to make it look. Your take on the matter is really good and I get were are you coming from but is not the only possibility and it sure not be assume as the real one for lack of a canon explanation on the matter. I don’t mind you thinking that, maybe what I mind is the assumption that there is only one explanation and limit yourself to the already establish styles, explaining why a story should not expand. Final Fantasy is as good or bad as it is, I don’t know, but I don’t care how it was handle there, I am talking of something I think will be nice here. It work there? Perfect, but doesn’t mean it has to work always. Besides for complains there are people who don’t even like Final Fantasy.

Again, is my take on the matter and what I try to say is that we might be trying to get “Who is right?” when there is no real point because if all opinion on a fact that isn’t happening and might never happen. I agree if there will be more magic styles other questions appears but is the same with the “real witch” thing, it came out of nowhere and hasn’t been address what that even means. So really, seeing already how an element will not fit on the story because will require some work is like saying the author is incompetent.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 10:30   Link #2363
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Human armies =/= Drone armies.
Not to mention the drones are neither numerous or coordinated enough to be considered an army. Man, from the way fans keep over-exaggerating the Nine Year Old Army Slayer fanon you'd wonder if these people confused S1 Nanoha with freakin' Mahabharata or something.
__________________
Tiresias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 11:12   Link #2364
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post

It doesnít matter for a single reason: isnít an absolute as, I have the feeling, you guys are trying to make it look. Your take on the matter is really good and I get were are you coming from but is not the only possibility and it sure not be assume as the real one for lack of a canon explanation on the matter. I donít mind you thinking that, maybe what I mind is the assumption that there is only one explanation and limit yourself to the already establish styles, explaining why a story should not expand. Final Fantasy is as good or bad as it is, I donít know, but I donít care how it was handle there, I am talking of something I think will be nice here. It work there? Perfect, but doesnít mean it has to work always. Besides for complains there are people who donít even like Final Fantasy.
First point: Both are amazing, so dropping it. Not agreeing with you, just dropping it.

Second point: Again, they're already expanding. Just not the way you want them to. You want them to introduce new style, they're introducing new ways to use old styles. It's the author choice to do so.

Quote:
Again, is my take on the matter and what I try to say is that we might be trying to get ďWho is right?Ē when there is no real point because if all opinion on a fact that isnít happening and might never happen. I agree if there will be more magic styles other questions appears but is the same with the ďreal witchĒ thing, it came out of nowhere and hasnít been address what that even means. So really, seeing already how an element will not fit on the story because will require some work is like saying the author is incompetent.
... I'm sorry, so they're incompetent because they can't figure out how to fit an element with the story? Really?

Even with an already etablished world, trying to fit a story in without changing the rules is still damn hard. So for a world that they're trying to expand on, it is even harder. Not to mention that they have a deadline to meet. The pressure on them is quite large, so cut them some slacks would you.

One last note: Seriously, if you have so much complain, why not write a fanfic yourself?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 13:53   Link #2365
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Again, my problem with Sieg is that she is just too strong on every single level. She does need a trick or a reason to be this strong beyond “She is the champion” at least to me.
It's called 'magic.' Pump magic into your defensive spells (which, I might remind, need not be visible) and your defense goes up. It's been a thing since S1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
You are right about Victoria is just that I can’t really buy that “emperor lighting” or whatever she is call thing when I already saw Fate unleashing a thunder storm when she was 9. Harry, I don’t think she is that different from Signum when the fact is that she just don’t use a sword but her mid range attack is a flaming chain, for that matter Rio’s sword was also in flames, so… where did I ever saw such thing together? Maybe I am just hard on them for other reasons, but to me they never really shine.
Only if you look at elements. Beyond that, their fighting styles are polar opposites.

Fate is all about speed over defense. To the point where she even has a mode where a single good hit would kill her. Victoria is all about heavy armor and wearing the opponent down through superior defense.

Harry uses no weapons bar a chain, which she uses to snare her opponents. Signum on the other hand uses a sword and only uses her swords slangenform for specific attacks, which never involve snaring. Maybe the occasional pinning, tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Well at least this is true: Sieg’s ancestor might destroy armies but Nanoha could do the same at 9.
Yeeeaaaah, no. The most we see nine year old Nanoha do is destroy a handful of golems. That doesn't equate to being able to destroy entire armies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
And I am afraid you guys aren’t getting my point. ViVid’s combat styles are really cheap on its variety and the actual differences aren’t that great or matter that much. Magic styles as Belka and Mid-Childa are as good or bad as the story makes them look so far, yes and as Lhklan that might have to do with the TSAB and the Church being so large and controlling a lot of places. Also as Kaijo says: As humans, we gravitate to the best ways of doing something, and once someone finds it, others copy it. But nothing of that matters, at all.

You see, ViVid is fantasy. Is a story. What I am saying is that the author could get creative and bring more of the magic styles he himself made a character say there are, so we can see more of the variety. On that regard nothing can stop the author from doing it. I mean, why not? If he wants he can, and that is it: he doesn’t want. Now he might have his reasons and etc. but my point was never about such reasons. As good as the explanations that have been present might sound, what prevents me from making another one? On this case isn’t a matter of who is right and who is wrong, I just ask if won’t be nice to have more magic styles and see that on ViVid to add some flavor on the fights. How the author does it or what troubles will he face is his own problem. I will never accept the “think on the author” excuse when the matter falls down to, how creative you can be?

Just saying, will be nice to have more magic styles and not just different kicks on a same style? I will agree most fighters can put a personal seal on their fights but adding the magic system element will help to make it look more rich and unique on its own rights. At least to me.
You know, we can have more magic styles. But we'd have to watch Lutecia's battle with witch girl first.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 16:45   Link #2366
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Sieg's ancestor might have been older than her when that took place, who knows?

Quote:
Again, my problem with Sieg is that she is just too strong on every single level. She does need a trick or a reason to be this strong beyond “She is the champion” at least to me.
I think you'll find most gimmick fighters are the weaker opponents in arcs like this if you do some research.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 19:29   Link #2367
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
I say they are both amazing, so by definition you did agree with me there Lhklan. And I know the author decides what to put in, what I have been trying to say is this: add other styles could help to make the story even a little more rich. And yes, if a writer can't figure out how to fit an element with the story is really incompetent. Our author already mention the 800 types magic but he could not make them play a role, so really why he even bother with that? I can’t help to wonder. And I do write fanfiction, I know isn’t easy to write a story but when you sell your story then you better expect to be criticize.

Magic, lazy writing… is funny how both can be so similar in times like this when there isn’t a clear explanation. Just saying. I was under the impression defensive spells are all visible, but I could be wrong so what is an example of an invisible barrier? Unless you mean the ones on the Barrier Jacket which still look like armor so I really don’t know. If you could help me with that Keroko will be great. And I do say the golems on season 1 look more efficient than the soldiers of the TSAB so I will have to wonder how effective armies really are in the Nanoha universe. And I don’t think we need to see Lutecia and the Witch fight just to get other styles, we had plenty of opportunities to see them prior to that.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 01:20   Link #2368
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I say they are both amazing, so by definition you did agree with me there Lhklan. And I know the author decides what to put in, what I have been trying to say is this: add other styles could help to make the story even a little more rich. And yes, if a writer can't figure out how to fit an element with the story is really incompetent. Our author already mention the 800 types magic but he could not make them play a role, so really why he even bother with that? I canít help to wonder. And I do write fanfiction, I know isnít easy to write a story but when you sell your story then you better expect to be criticize.

Magic, lazy writingÖ is funny how both can be so similar in times like this when there isnít a clear explanation. Just saying. I was under the impression defensive spells are all visible, but I could be wrong so what is an example of an invisible barrier? Unless you mean the ones on the Barrier Jacket which still look like armor so I really donít know. If you could help me with that Keroko will be great. And I do say the golems on season 1 look more efficient than the soldiers of the TSAB so I will have to wonder how effective armies really are in the Nanoha universe. And I donít think we need to see Lutecia and the Witch fight just to get other styles, we had plenty of opportunities to see them prior to that.
First: Nope.jpg. You said that "It's harder to blow up a drone army than a human one" and "They're both amazing'. Not agreeing with the first, so technically it's not a full agreement.

Second: Uh huh. More rich, and utterly and completely pointless. After this tournament, they won't stay here. They'll go back to their home planet. So chance of them reappearing = very low. Thus, why introduce a character and style only to have them disappear after that?

You said that if a writer can't figure out how to fit an element with the story is really incompetent. Again, fitting a new style into the story is extremely hard. I noticed you never answered some of my hypothetical questions. I'll ask again: Why introduce a new style when there's already a best? If you do that, people are gonna start asking: Wait, why didn't they use the old style? It's better, right? If it's so strong, how come no one heard of it before? And why it only appears NOW of all time?

If you knew that it isn't easy to write a story, why are you pressuring them over such a minor matters? Unlike you, who have the luxury of writing and posting whenever you want, they don't have that. They have a deadline to meet. So they have to make do with what they got. Instead of spending time inventing a new and utterly pointless style, they can just pick an old one, tweak it, insert it in and then make the plot moving.

As for invisible barriers... Really, if it's visible, then what's the point of a barrier to keep out non magic people? They don't even need to enter, they just need to look at the big dome covering an area. We've always seen things from the Nanoha gang's perspective aka people with magic. We never see it from the mundane side.

You also said that you "wonder how effective armies really are in the Nanoha universe". Well, here's a ssomething for you to chew ont: Golems are programmed by human. Ergo, how effective said golems are depend on how the programmer is. If the man is a good tactician, then they're a good army. If he's not, then they're nothing more than a bunch of scrap metals.

Also, I have a question: If you focus on the minor details and complain about them so much, how the fuck can you enjoy the story?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 12:03   Link #2369
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Even so you did agree with my conclusion, there is no way around it Lhklan. Why is so bad to agree with me? Pointless? Maybe, but then again a lot of pointless things are happening in the manga that I think one more can’t really do that much. I mean just look at the characters, only Vivio appears in Force so we in fact introduce a lot of people we will never see again. Or maybe not, but so far it seems that way.

I don’t really see a point of answering such questions because if my answers don’t fit what your ideas on the matter are Lhklan, this will keep going on the wrong direction. I do accept that your explanations might be good enough to explain why there is only 2 magic styles, but since those aren’t canon I don’t take them as absolutes and my own explanations are as equally possible because there has been say that other 800 magic styles are out there. I know is not what we see, but then again this world is huge and open so I think there is room to wonder about it.

However I do have answers if you really want them: First we don’t know if Belka and Mid-Childa are the best compare to other styles. We assume those are the most well know but just because something is popular or spread doesn’t make it the best so really they could be the best and they could not be the best since we don’t know how other styles might work, so really saying that the old styles are better is not even important when you don’t bother to look the others. Its appear here can be easily explain with: is from certain planet who doesn’t teach it to outsiders or is rare and unique because is an ancient power (Like the Kaiser Arts Einhart uses), could be that only one in millions born with such power, etc. really there are ways to put it here now and not before.

I am not pressuring, I just say it would be nice to have that and you were the one who say I should think on the poor writer. I am not asking this to happen, I just say it will be nice and maybe even help to make this world more rich and unique on its own rights, seeing styles from different worlds and not just ancient Belka things that already stop being something new. Again, it doesn’t matter how much time they do have to do it, if they decide to do it is their problem and responsibility to do it well. Of course I will not say they should make everything on a day or something like that, just saying is up to them.

And then there aren’t invisible barriers since the mage can see them. I was asking what spell is invisible to the mage, who are the ones in magic combat not if there is some spells to make them invisible to the normal people.

An army effectiveness doesn’t come out just from tactic. A group of poor train and not powerful beings is not going to stand a change even to a disorganize army of robots with superpowers or golems. You are assuming you even need to control golems where in the Nanoha world are such advance AI that even talk and have personalities so program them isn’t impossible. Really just saying so far the few armies of mages I have seen aren’t that good at fighting robots. Those were control, that is true, but then again show to be effective.

Really the main problem to me is that, Lhklan, I don’t really enjoy the story. As a matter of fact ViVid is, to me, boring and fail to connect with me as reader so since I don’t enjoy the story I am starting to look at the details and comment on minor things because the story itself isn’t interesting.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 12:49   Link #2370
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Right, your answers are acceptable, so moving on from that.

This part, OTOH

Quote:
An army effectiveness doesnít come out just from tactic. A group of poor train and not powerful beings is not going to stand a change even to a disorganize army of robots with superpowers or golems. You are assuming you even need to control golems where in the Nanoha world are such advance AI that even talk and have personalities so program them isnít impossible. Really just saying so far the few armies of mages I have seen arenít that good at fighting robots. Those were control, that is true, but then again show to be effective.
... Okay, now you're just contradicting yourself. First you said that: "an army effectiveness doesnít come out just from tactic", but then you proved that by using " A group of poor train and not powerful beings is not going to stand a change even to a disorganize army of robots with superpowers or golems".

Any decently trained powerful beings will still have some tactical knowledges, even the basic ones like "Strike it weak points" or "Trick it into this area". Also, you forget that AI don't just appear out of frigging nowhere. They have to be designed, programmed and then enhanced. All by human hands. I also never said that someone need to control the drones, just that someone needs to program their "intelligence". Even Reinforce, extremely powerful that she is, was still originally designed and created by humans from Ancient Belka.

Also, if you find it " boring and fail to connect with me as reader", why the fuck are you still reading it?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 15:30   Link #2371
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I was under the impression defensive spells are all visible, but I could be wrong so what is an example of an invisible barrier? Unless you mean the ones on the Barrier Jacket which still look like armor so I really donít know. If you could help me with that Keroko will be great.
Indeed, Barrier Jackets. Barrier Jackets consist of various defensive spells who's power can be adjusted. The more magic you have, the stronger your Barrier Jackets are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
And I do say the golems on season 1 look more efficient than the soldiers of the TSAB so I will have to wonder how effective armies really are in the Nanoha universe.
At this stage I will point out that once the TSAB personnel realized what they were dealing with and prepared appropriately, they halted an entire army of infinitely spawning AMF drones. Even the ones that, to quote yourself, Signum had trouble dealing with.

TSAB personnel may suffer from redshirt syndrome whenever a named character needs to do something impressive, but when you look between the cracks you'll see that they aren't as incompetent as those scenes suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
And I donít think we need to see Lutecia and the Witch fight just to get other styles, we had plenty of opportunities to see them prior to that.
Right, so the one character that was actively stated to have a different magic system from the moment she was introduced should also be the one character who's fight should be avoided.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 20:31   Link #2372
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
No a contradiction. Just saying that at times a well train force with limited resources and weaker powers can be destroy by a large, powerful but not that smart force. Numbers, and I don’t mean Jail’s cyborgs, can win at times. Is not always and sure as hell isn’t definitive but can happen. An army strength come from several factors, not just good tactics. I didn’t express it well, my bad.

And yes, I get that a lot: if you think is bad why you keep reading? Well Nanoha is a special series to me. It was the first one that did make me want to go out and search for the fanbase so really it might have to do with that. Despite all I can say about it I am still a fan of the franchise. And while I will never let something that happen on the story and I don’t like without comment I will keep reading and give the stories a fair chance. Is hard to understand but I do it myself so, make of that what you want. I am not against anyone who enjoys this manga, or Force for that matter, I just haven’t found something on them that makes them good to me but I do hope to see it.

So there aren’t invisible spells. Barrier Jackets are very visible. And yes, you can make it stronger or weaker but I do believe is rare to see a particularly strong Barrier Jacket because of the mana it will need to maintain them in combat. All of the Barrier Jackets seems to share similar resistance. But maybe Sieg could have one, I am not sure. Still a little force when last time I did see Einhart hitting her and making actual damage without destroying the Barrier Jacket, so what the hell?

About TSAB personal… we really don’t see anything about them that make them look like anything but useless redshirts so, I don’t think we could say much about their overall capacity. They did some job, but most of the times they are just kick around by the bad guys and some rookies have to take the heave job.

About the “real Witch” I don’t really think we should see her. I mean Lutecia and that other girl have been so much out of the events leading up to the destruction of Nove’s team that as far as I know might not even be on the same story. Really I can’t barely say they are characters at all.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 20:37   Link #2373
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
So according to someone on NanoFate who translated the last chapter (before bitching about it and saying it could be summarized in two lines), Sieglinde's trying to tell Einhart that she should stop fighting to fix Klaus' mistakes now, since nothing good will come from it. That and this chapter probably say a lot about her.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 21:12   Link #2374
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Sansker, it is generally considered impolite to come into a thread or forum about a series, and begin to tell people how much it sucks. The reason being is that there is usually populated by fans of such, and will dislike you for doing it. In the best case scenario, you will be seen as a troll.

And yes, this is what you are doing. You say you don't like it, or don't like the direction it is going, fine. But you do it over and over and over without adding anything new. You may not think you're doing this, but to everyone else here, you are.

We get it. But at this point, if you don't have any real commentary to add that adds to the discussion (and I can't believe I am saying this), you might be advised to keep your opinions to yourself. That is, if you have any respect for the fans of this series who want to discuss this series in one of the few places they can.

Hell, I'd even agree with you on the general concept of Vivid not being very good... but I try to contain my comments to what each new chapter brings out, and consider the implications, keeping my comments neutral, or at least humorous.

It would be like someone going into a NanoFate forum, and telling people that NanoFate is stupid as a couple, and would obviously never work, and is a terrible idea and should never be done. How would you view such a person?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 23:02   Link #2375
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Well, I did express an opinion, it was rebated and I respond so really is not just me talking to myself here to be blame for not “adding anything new” since when I try I am force repeat myself in order to others understand or because they keep hammering the same point. You want to stop? Be my guest.

And I am sure the guy who put that on NanoFate is really an idiot, I mean as Justin_Brett said: “Sieglinde's trying to tell Einhart that she should stop fighting to fix Klaus' mistakes now, since nothing good will come from it. That and this chapter probably say a lot about her” That is one line and ĺ not two lines. As I say, an idiot.

And yes, a person doing what Kaijo says on NanoFate will get really bad answers. I know it I have seen it.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 23:35   Link #2376
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Quote:
An army strength come from several factors, not just good tactics
But tactics is the most important factor. With good tactics, even an weaker army could top a bigger one. Battle of Chibi come to mind.

Quote:
Well, I did express an opinion, it was rebated and I respond so really is not just me talking to myself here to be blame for not ďadding anything newĒ since when I try I am force repeat myself in order to others understand or because they keep hammering the same point. You want to stop? Be my guest.
The only one hammering his point here is you. So far, all you've done is bitch about how the style could and should have more style to be more variety. And yes, you're repeating yourself, but not for the others to understand, but cause you're affirming your point again and again.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 23:51   Link #2377
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
And yes, a person doing what Kaijo says on NanoFate will get really bad answers. I know it I have seen it.
Then realize that this is how you look to everyone here. If you protest this, just realize how it would look if said person who was negging NanoFate on a NanoFate forum, if they tried to tell everyone, "I'm just saying my opinion."

Anyway, I've tried to let you know, and that's all I can do.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 23:52   Link #2378
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Oh that was just me reiterating what he described of the chapter, not his actual words.

I want to see more of Sieglinde now, really.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 10:26   Link #2379
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
I hope you get more of her but at the same time I can live without anything more on Sieg. Besides I am sure the guy on NanoFate is really an awesome person.

On the other hand it wasn’t my fault I have to repeat my point. All you guys did was trying to proof me wrong and keep bringing the subject on the same matter: “it can’t be done” when I really want to explore the idea a little more. I am hammering my point? And you, trying to proof me wrong, are not doing the same? Just saying we all keep the same tone and refuse to move forward. For that matter Lhklan you did bring up the questions I let without answers when I realize we were getting nowhere, so really is not just me. But I did keep repeating myself.

I agree with you, tactics are important but is not the only factor. Besides strategy is even more important in wars and that is more important than battles. In the end just saying that tactics are good but not always work when the enemy has a very superior force.

And Kaijo, you don’t have to do anything. People here is able to say their own opinions and to tell me if they have a problem, so if you see this as a burden on you is really easy to fix, do as you tell me and keep it to yourself.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 11:54   Link #2380
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
On the other hand it wasnít my fault I have to repeat my point. All you guys did was trying to proof me wrong and keep bringing the subject on the same matter: ďit canít be doneĒ when I really want to explore the idea a little more. I am hammering my point? And you, trying to proof me wrong, are not doing the same? Just saying we all keep the same tone and refuse to move forward. For that matter Lhklan you did bring up the questions I let without answers when I realize we were getting nowhere, so really is not just me. But I did keep repeating myself.
... ... You might want to look at that first line of yours. It sounds very arrogant to me. On the subject matter: my stand was never "It can't be done", but more "It can be done, but the author can't do it due to various constraints".

Also, "I am hammering my point? And you, trying to proof me wrong, are not doing the same?". Problem is, if you're not hammering your point, there's no need for me to prove you wrong now is there?

And lastly: Please quote the part where you "did bring up the questions I let without answers when I realize we were getting nowhere", cause I sure as hell can't.

Quote:
I agree with you, tactics are important but is not the only factor. Besides strategy is even more important in wars and that is more important than battles. In the end just saying that tactics are good but not always work when the enemy has a very superior force.
'Besides strategy is even more important in wars and that is more important than battles.". But if you lose every battles, how can you win the war?

Quote: "No plan survives contact with the enemy". Sure, tactics might not work, but then when you can improvises, things can change. And drones/golems aren't really known for improvising things now are they?

And before you gave the advanced AI argument, think about this: How much time and money would it cost to program an AI that can improvise on the spot? Then you have to implement them in the drones. Think on it.

Quote:
And Kaijo, you donít have to do anything. People here is able to say their own opinions and to tell me if they have a problem, so if you see this as a burden on you is really easy to fix, do as you tell me and keep it to yourself.
... Now you're just being sanctimonious.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
vivid

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.