AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-03, 09:57   Link #101
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Small scale poison like cannon fodder or alternate poison strikes like Crocodile's hook, Caesar's clouds cant do much from this point on. Magellan can be a very different case since poison is his main speciality. Im sure he can still one hit Luffy to unconsciousness.
__________________
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 10:29   Link #102
janipani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
gohan was stronger than goku. whos to say zoro CANT be stronger than luffy just because he isn't the main
Well, but that was DBZ not DB. Focus was on Gohans growth all the time in DBZ, which makes him in fact main character where Goku was strong side character that allowed Gohan to be rather weak personality for someone to actually get ahead of everyone in the end. You could also say they where main character duo.

DBZ has quite unorthodox way writing what comes to Gohan and Goku, so I wouldn't go there and think Zoro as Gohan. It's quite obvious that Oda just plays with rivalry, which makes show interesting even though it would never happen that Zoro would get stronger... except possibly for a special moment, for a special reason, temporarily.

I kinda find it funny, that people actually wonder this since there hasn't been single change in order of Strawhats yet. I doupt Oda would do a single thing that would make Luffy look bad and for most people Zoro getting stronger than him, would exactly make that happen.
__________________
The man of million typos
The master of confusing sentence structure


-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 10:36   Link #103
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Well, but that was DBZ not DB. Focus was on Gohans growth all the time in DBZ, which makes him in fact main character where Goku was strong side character that allowed Gohan to be rather weak personality for someone to actually get ahead of everyone in the end. You could also say they where main character duo.

DBZ has quite unorthodox way writing what comes to Gohan and Goku, so I wouldn't go there and think Zoro as Gohan. It's quite obvious that Oda just plays with rivalry, which makes show interesting even though it would never happen that Zoro would get stronger... except possibly for a special moment, for a special reason, temporarily.

I kinda find it funny, that people actually wonder this since there hasn't been single change in order of Strawhats yet. I doupt Oda would do a single thing that would make Luffy look bad and for most people Zoro getting stronger than him, would exactly make that happen.
Or zoro could simply peak before luffy and for a period be stronger, completely up to the author anyway and I doubt he'll write OP like that. Just saying there is no law which prevents zoro from being stronger than luffy, which is kinda being implied by some.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 11:21   Link #104
janipani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Of course there is no law, but it's usually considered as bad writing which usually doesn't happen well written manga unless for a very good reasons (like underline the protagonist's depression or need for growth, or when being an underdog is important phase of the story).
__________________
The man of million typos
The master of confusing sentence structure


-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 11:27   Link #105
golgo13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: cali
One additional thought on the monster trio conversation.

There are many examples of very direct comparisons between Luffy and Zoro, aka The future Pirate King and World's Greatest Swordsman:

- interaction with Charloss
Luffy: punches tenryuubito
(ch. 502 pg 18)
Zoro: "Why'd you have to go and punch him...? I wanted to slice hime up myself"
(ch. 503 pg 5)
- How they define a hero:
Luffy: "Let's say you have some meat, okday? Now, a pirate would chow down on that bad boy, but a hero would share it with everyone!! I want to eat meat!!"
(ch. 634 pg 4)
Zoro: "Heroes are people who share their booze with other People!! I wanna drink my booze!!"
(ch. 649 pg 6)

There are a ton more examples but I haven't enumerated them all.

Last edited by golgo13; 2013-01-03 at 11:28. Reason: sp
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 17:48   Link #106
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Or zoro could simply peak before luffy and for a period be stronger, completely up to the author anyway and I doubt he'll write OP like that. Just saying there is no law which prevents zoro from being stronger than luffy, which is kinda being implied by some.

I agree with that, and I don't think anyone is implying that Zoro "can't" be stronger.

Just that unless Oda shows us something else, all hints are leaning towards that Luffy is the stronger one of the two.

To base an argument and stating Zoro is stronger because we haven't seen his potential is ridiculous.

For all me know we haven't seen Sanji's or Luffy's potential either if that is the only argument.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 20:21   Link #107
ordinarystory
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Here is a small theory about the DD vs Strawhats & Law confrontation which assumes that there will not be a war between the two sides. Strawhats & Law will capture CC, and at the same time we will learn that the Law's crew is captured by DD, and CC and the Law's crew will be interchanged. Then DD will threaten Strawhats & Law, the arc will end by Strawhats earning one more big enemy after Big mom.

The main problem with this theory is the guy who dropped a piece of paper on the head of Chopper when Luffy & Law were captured. I think this person is someone from Law's crew, which means that Law's crew is not captured by DD, or at least not all of them, or even Law can drop the paper by his ability since his handcuff is not made by seastone.

What do you think? Will DD and Strawhats & Law fight or not?
ordinarystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 08:39   Link #108
paradox13
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
There are many examples of very direct comparisons between Luffy and Zoro, aka The future Pirate King and World's Greatest Swordsman:
And there are many direct comparisons between Sanji and Zoro as well.

What's your point?
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 09:27   Link #109
hero147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Mihawk said that the road to being Pirate King was even harder than becoming the World's greatest swordsman. So even if Zoro surpasses Luffy, in the end it will be Luffy who reigns supreme.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 09:44   Link #110
Libros
Nuke'em till they glow!
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordinarystory View Post
Here is a small theory about the DD vs Strawhats & Law confrontation which assumes that there will not be a war between the two sides. Strawhats & Law will capture CC, and at the same time we will learn that the Law's crew is captured by DD, and CC and the Law's crew will be interchanged. Then DD will threaten Strawhats & Law, the arc will end by Strawhats earning one more big enemy after Big mom.

The main problem with this theory is the guy who dropped a piece of paper on the head of Chopper when Luffy & Law were captured. I think this person is someone from Law's crew, which means that Law's crew is not captured by DD, or at least not all of them, or even Law can drop the paper by his ability since his handcuff is not made by seastone.

What do you think? Will DD and Strawhats & Law fight or not?
Who exactly is DD..?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 12:18   Link #111
ordinarystory
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Who exactly is DD..?
DD: Donquixote Doflamingo, CC: Caesar Clown
ordinarystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 13:45   Link #112
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Who exactly is DD..?
Perona definitely, and probably a few others. (Nami and Robin are II.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 13:48   Link #113
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Perona definitely, and probably a few others. (Nami and Robin are II.)
Of course nothing else in OP can compare to Hancock's JJ.
__________________

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-01-04 at 17:28.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 15:29   Link #114
golgo13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
And there are many direct comparisons between Sanji and Zoro as well.

What's your point?
I've actually noticed more direct comparisons between Luffy and Zoro than with Zoro and Sanji, although I've seen *some* tied to their sibling-like rivalry. In any case there are not many comparisons between Luffy and Sanji.

Because of that I've always thought of Luffy and Zoro to be more similar than Luffy and Sanji. They are all similar granted, but it seems like Luffy/Zoro have a relationship unlike the other crew members. Ok everyone has that too so it doesn't mean its "better" or anything. I'm not making a power level comparison.

Last edited by golgo13; 2013-01-04 at 15:31. Reason: ss
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 17:23   Link #115
Libros
Nuke'em till they glow!
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Perona definitely, and probably a few others. (Nami and Robin are II.)
They're 2? what do you mean? They're 2 women?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordinarystory View Post
DD: Donquixote Doflamingo, CC: Caesar
Clown
Oh.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 20:00   Link #116
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Perona definitely, and probably a few others. (Nami and Robin are II.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Of course nothing else in OP can compare to Hancock's JJ.

HAHAHAHA!!!!


I was confused for a bit, before I finally got it....


Nice one...


BTW, is there a women in OP that isn't at least a CC?
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 20:55   Link #117
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
They're 2? what do you mean? They're 2 women?
such innocence
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 22:25   Link #118
helonjr
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Well I'm a Sanji fan, so all I'm going to say is that I believe Sanji to be underrated mainly because swords are cool and Oda seems to like having Sanji act as the clown of the crew these days. But Sanji has a history of carrying the crew when they need saving, so I'm pretty sure we will continue to see him do that.
Indeed, Sanji's always the crew trump card. He's both intelligent and extremely strong. He's the one who saves the crew in Alabasta (Mr. Prince), and he's the first to notice something's wrong with Robin and even outsmarts Nami and follows Robin in the train. Sanji keeps getting screwed but he has his place inside the crew.

Luffy is definitely stronger than Zoro in my opinion.
helonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 22:27   Link #119
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
HAHAHAHA!!!!


I was confused for a bit, before I finally got it....


Nice one...


BTW, is there a women in OP that isn't at least a CC?
Maybe Tagashi? And the old cleaning marine lady (Tsuru?)?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 23:38   Link #120
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
You meant Tashigi?

Maybe the Rogue Town version, but she definitely had a gowrth spourt or a corrective surgery by the time of Sabaody...


Tsuru? Maybe 50 years ago and we'll talk.

But really, Kaya is the only one I can think off that might have a chance to be normal, real life-wise.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.