AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-06, 12:31   Link #221
Soverence
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Where the Sky Touches the Sea
Age: 20
Well that was overall a enjoyable first episode, I really liked the animation style for it, it had a little ... quirkiness to it I felt (the opening being the most obvious). It was also very colorful, the colors they used just stood out well to me. The pacing of the story was also a little better then I expected, the manga starts off really quick, it seems like the story so far overall is better paced.

As for weather rejecting confessions or fake dating would be more of a trouble, she seems to believe that rejecting confessions is more of a trouble so we just have to role with it. It is also the whole premise for the show basically so we kind of need the fake dating to happen.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 13:04   Link #222
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And that's where we draw the line between my opinion and your opinion.

To add to my argument, at least by continuing to receive-and-reject confessions, Kidou doesn’t have to pretend as lovers with Masuzu in front of others. Date-pretending will consume more time and effort than rejecting confession after confession (surely it won't be as crazy as one confession for each lunch break or something like that).
Masuzu got 58 in two months. That's more than once per school day.

Quote:
Not to mention Kidou will hate every second of it, while he can be true to himself by rejecting confessions.
What he hates is people losing their wits over love. We haven't seen anything about his opinion of deception.

The reason he needs to be blackmailed is that he actually had it pretty good in the love department: he sought no one, and no one was bothering him. If girls were always there to distract him, and men plotted against him out of jealousy, it'd be very different. He might be perfectly willing to spend a few minutes every day to put on a show and escape that. It's not like he'd have to actually date her. Not getting emotionally involved would be the whole point for both of them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 13:12   Link #223
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Masuzu got 58 in two months. That's more than once per school day.
Even if we consider January and 28 day February, it still is 59 days, so nope.


I'm in the Masuzu has some hidden motive camp. More likely she will be the one going dere dere over him, MC is to occupied with other things like becoming doctor, to care about love love.
Not to mention that she will use that notepad all the time, so she really had to treasure it and read it trough-fully.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 13:13   Link #224
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Even if we consider January and 28 day February, it still is 59 days, so nope.
I said "school day". Or do the poor Japanese go to school seven days a week?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 13:51   Link #225
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Masuzu got 58 in two months. That's more than once per school day.
And what amount of time does he need to invest to reject, say, two or three confessions? Not a lot I think. Also, Kidou is still different from Masuzu. What Masuzu can't handle, Kidou might be able to handle it and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What he hates is people losing their wits over love. We haven't seen anything about his opinion of deception.

The reason he needs to be blackmailed is that he actually had it pretty good in the love department: he sought no one, and no one was bothering him. If girls were always there to distract him, and men plotted against him out of jealousy, it'd be very different. He might be perfectly willing to spend a few minutes every day to put on a show and escape that. It's not like he'd have to actually date her. Not getting emotionally involved would be the whole point for both of them.
It’s a simple logic. For example, if you hate Twilight-fans how would you feel if you have to pretend to be one and declare/show it to your classmates? I’d say being tormented is putting it lightly.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 13:57   Link #226
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And what amount of time does he need to invest to reject, say, two or three confessions? Not a lot I think.

It’s a simple logic. For example, if you hate Twilight-fans how would you feel if you have to pretend to be one and declare/show it to your classmates? I’d say being tormented is putting it lightly.
Depends. Let's say I hate Bieber's music. I'd rather put on a shirt with his face on it that having other people blast his songs at me all the time and try to convince me that he's great. I'd rather say "yes, he's great" than always get into pointless arguments.

Heck, I merely have to point you to Masuzu: she, too, thinks love is a pain in the ass. So why did she go for the charade? Why couldn't her reasons apply to Eita if he was in the same situation?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 14:10   Link #227
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Depends. Let's say I hate Bieber's music. I'd rather put on a shirt with his face on it that having other people blast his songs at me all the time and try to convince me that he's great. I'd rather say "yes, he's great" than always get into pointless arguments.
Now that is the key to our arguments, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Heck, I merely have to point you to Masuzu: she, too, thinks love is a pain in the ass. So why did she go for the charade? Why couldn't her reasons apply to Eita if he was in the same situation?
Again, it depends. Even though Kidou and Masuzu have the same “I hate love” sentiment doesn’t mean that both have the same personality or way of thinking. Heck, one thing that is clearly addressed is that Kidou is a “straight man” that will never think of shady acts like blackmail (unlike Masuzu). He can be smart and cunning, yes, but never cruel/pushy or “evil” like Masuzu. My point is, each of them can react to the same problem in a different way.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 14:19   Link #228
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Date-pretending will consume more time and effort than rejecting confession after confession
They only have to walk home together. Or so she says. They don't have to eat lunch together, spend time together outside of school, or even talk to each other. Depending on where they live relative to each other, it may take no time or effort at all, he just has to let her grab his arm every afternoon.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 14:26   Link #229
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
They only have to walk home together. Or so she says. They don't have to eat lunch together, spend time together outside of school, or even talk to each other. Depending on where they live relative to each other, it may take no time or effort at all, he just has to let her grab his arm every afternoon.
I think they also have to pretend during each school-break and whenever they're both together in front of their friends/classmates. While rejecting may only take a couple of minutes or five. Oh, and for the effort side, let me say this again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not to mention Kidou will hate every second of it, while he can be true to himself by rejecting confessions.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 14:41   Link #230
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
You people forget one thing.
Masuzu whole rejecting point is invalid.
First of all in most if not all of animes no matter how hot the chick is, she will sooner or later get the *unapproachable queen* aura, where people just won't confess to her because she reject anyone and everyone. We've seen that hundreds of times in animes, be it romance or harem or other type of genre, there are girls that everyone wish to be with, but no one is brave enough to confess.
But lets forget that. Even if she had to reject people let it be 2 people a day. How long before the school will run out of people confessing to her.
Obviously not 100% of school male population will confess to her as they have other girls in mind or are already in relationship.
I don't think that reject morons will confess 24/7 for 365 days a year.
Sooner or later she would run out of confessions. I still think that all this relationship has a double bottom. But that may be me having a few eps into the future interactions based on manga chapters.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 15:40   Link #231
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Now that is the key to our arguments, my friend.

Again, it depends. Even though Kidou and Masuzu have the same “I hate love” sentiment doesn’t mean that both have the same personality or way of thinking. Heck, one thing that is clearly addressed is that Kidou is a “straight man” that will never think of shady acts like blackmail (unlike Masuzu). He can be smart and cunning, yes, but never cruel/pushy or “evil” like Masuzu. My point is, each of them can react to the same problem in a different way.
But, in my proposed setting, it wouldn't be cruel or pushy. It'd be an arrangement for mutual benefit. They would, in effect, be each other's beard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
You people forget one thing.
Masuzu whole rejecting point is invalid.
First of all in most if not all of animes no matter how hot the chick is, she will sooner or later get the *unapproachable queen* aura, where people just won't confess to her because she reject anyone and everyone. We've seen that hundreds of times in animes, be it romance or harem or other type of genre, there are girls that everyone wish to be with, but no one is brave enough to confess.
But lets forget that. Even if she had to reject people let it be 2 people a day. How long before the school will run out of people confessing to her.
Obviously not 100% of school male population will confess to her as they have other girls in mind or are already in relationship.
I don't think that reject morons will confess 24/7 for 365 days a year.
Sooner or later she would run out of confessions. I still think that all this relationship has a double bottom. But that may be me having a few eps into the future interactions based on manga chapters.
It's an absurd manga setting to start with. Remember how many suitors, who just wouldn't take no for an answer, Akane had before Ranma turned up?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 15:48   Link #232
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
I enjoyed the first episode. Looking forward to the interactions between our 'fake couple'
__________________
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 15:48   Link #233
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But, in my proposed setting, it wouldn't be cruel or pushy. It'd be an arrangement for mutual benefit. They would, in effect, be each other's beard.
Then it's back to my opinion that (counting in his personality & preference) Kidou won't be interested since it'll need more effort from him instead of just go gung-ho and rejecting all the confessions he receives.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 17:49   Link #234
for3ver
The Lost Child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: neverland? where ever that is..
did anyone else notice eita's exta "da" in the masuzu confession scene?

or was that just me?
__________________
for3ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 18:09   Link #235
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
I really hope that Masuzu wins this.

Never read manga or whatever,but the 1st episode is very good.
Just what I need now - a light romance + some comedy.

And Chiwa , MC's childhood friend, really pisses me off, what an annoying character.
And it's hard for a character to annoy me like that, but she did. I hate her!

And I hope that there wouldn't be a harem ending
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 18:18   Link #236
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Again, it depends. Even though Kidou and Masuzu have the same “I hate love” sentiment doesn’t mean that both have the same personality or way of thinking. Heck, one thing that is clearly addressed is that Kidou is a “straight man” that will never think of shady acts like blackmail (unlike Masuzu). He can be smart and cunning, yes, but never cruel/pushy or “evil” like Masuzu. My point is, each of them can react to the same problem in a different way.
Yes, I think that's the point, they are not two of a kind. Kidou probably is more like the good at heart type of guy, even if I can't already say that he is a “straight man”, for now he just seems to want to stay away from everything concerning love. He is focused and doesn't want any distraction that could derail him from his goal. In particular obviously whatever love-related distraction.
Anyways, the blackmail serves, aside from obvious gag/plot's motives, to underline the kind of personality Masuzu has.
Along with her smiling for being gazed by her schoolmates when she stepped in the classroom.
And, "most importantly", along with the fact that she is not wearing any underwear! Even if she acted like she was all indignant about such a trivial thing, I didn't buy it. I didn't buy it at all. She does want a WWIII over her panties
All hints to her "evil" nature. Well, not only simple hints
Personally anyways, I also would have preferred a mutual agreement, but given the kind of humor of the show, the blackmail fits.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 18:21   Link #237
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
I think a good way to view Eita is a male version of Tonakai's Shizuku. That's what his characterization reminded me the most of.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 18:27   Link #238
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
So, after seeing the first episode it was kinda different from what I was expecting, for the character introduction they were kinda working in not keeping the pace too fast and they are creating an atmosphere from that, I suppose that they were going for that to create the "life change" that Masuzu's presence brought to Eita's once peaceful school life.

I get the feeling that a lot of the non plot related manzai is going to get skipped as to keep an steady peace, which is kinda sad; but as long as they keep true to the core of the matter I can see me liking this.

Impressions about the episode?

__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 18:38   Link #239
Witheirate
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wichita
I will say may early sorry in this thread. Sorry, but I prefer the childhood friend over the super popular girl—Natsukawa Masuzu. For all Chiwa supporter, let's all fight together.

Images
Warning, TWGOK reference
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Witheirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 19:06   Link #240
MasterVampire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
The MC should of refused her blackmail.

He is only going though school to get good results not friends so I was kinda supprised he agreed because of her threat to expose his old note book.

A good way to put a stop to this would be to publicly dump her since she publicly confessed to him.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.