AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-06, 20:33   Link #9161
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
I liked how Nagi told Hayate, why all of these girls and most especially Ruka fall in love with him.
It's his kindness and actions for them, that casues all of these girls fall in love with him.

I looking forward to the Doujinshi battle between Ruka and Nagi for Hayate!XD
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:53   Link #9162
AdventSleeper
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Im actually hoping for Ruka to win. It would be a nice change to see Hayate in a situation other than "the butler" for this manga.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 23:11   Link #9163
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Normally I would say this would lead to interesting developments, but considering the plot in CTMEOY is likely canon, I don't think Hata is straying off from the status-quo.

I suppose the likely outcomes are:
- Nagi wins, Hayate finds the stone and they go back to the Mansion.
- Ruka wins, Hayate finds the stone and, despite having his debt paid, he says he wants to remain as Nagi's butler and they go back to the mansion.
- Ruka wins, Hayate finds the stone, Ruka tries to pay off his debt but Hayate says that's something he wants to do on his own, thus he remains as Nagi's butler and they go back to the mansion.

I don't think Hata has shown Nagi as taking the dōjinshi seriously thus far, and despite the current chapter, I don't think she'll be much more serious later - though, she'll likely actually work on it now. Ruka, on the other hand, has been shown as working so hard that she even collapses. So, I'm not sure sure if Hata will have Ruka win or if Nagi will be favoured due to MC status. He could even have them tie. Whatever the outcome of the dōjinshi competition might be, Nagi still wins overall.

So, I'm not having my hopes up on the possibility of any new development - in terms of Hayate's love/personal life that is. We're still yet to know anything about that 28th thing, Himegami, Ikusa and whatever we're yet to know about the Royal Garden. We're also yet to know about Yozora Hōsen's intentions and plot relevance. Hopefully, we'll get some info on any of those before this arc ends.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 23:19   Link #9164
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
You forgot number 4. Isumi wins. Seriously, if Nagi wins outright it'll be a complete load of bullcrap, so if he wants Ruka to not win, there has to be some third party interference that prevents it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 23:26   Link #9165
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
It would be funny as how random it would be, but it would also be rubbish, since Ruka's hard-work would still go unpaid. He could also have some random character win, and then reveal this person worked even harder than Ruka (though, this would be Hata simply saying "I didn't want Ruka to win.").
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 23:29   Link #9166
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
...or Ruka may simply not be able to work as hard this time around because of her illness.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 01:10   Link #9167
NK141
Some Random Guy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Normally I would say this would lead to interesting developments, but considering the plot in CTMEOY is likely canon, I don't think Hata is straying off from the status-quo.
Probably not something alot of us wanted to hear. Ah well.
NK141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 03:38   Link #9168
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I suppose the likely outcomes are:
- Nagi wins, Hayate finds the stone and they go back to the Mansion.
- Ruka wins, Hayate finds the stone and, despite having his debt paid, he says he wants to remain as Nagi's butler and they go back to the mansion.
- Ruka wins, Hayate finds the stone, Ruka tries to pay off his debt but Hayate says that's something he wants to do on his own, thus he remains as Nagi's butler and they go back to the mansion.
It doesn't immediately have to jump into CTMEOY after this; Hayate could still date Ruka for a while but in the end both of them realized that it's not going to work out for whatever reason.

Wouldn't be the first break-up of this series.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 03:44   Link #9169
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hayate could still date Ruka for a while but in the end both of them realized that it's not going to work out for whatever reason.
Hold your horses there cowboy. Nagi would be giving money to Ruka for her to pay-off Hayate's debt, nor for her to buy Hayate. I'm saying this, because Ruka paying-off his debt doesn't mean he'd date her (unless you mean he'd do it because of pity or duty). He hasn't even dated Maria or Hina, and he has shown real interest on them. Hayate has indeed shown he finds Ruka cute and good looking, but I don't think he's ever shown to be romantically interested in her, even if she has confessed to him.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 03:55   Link #9170
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hold your horses there cowboy. Nagi would be giving money to Ruka for her to pay-off Hayate's debt, nor for her to buy Hayate. I'm saying this, because Ruka paying-off his debt doesn't mean he'd date her (unless you mean he'd do it because of pity or duty). He hasn't even dated Maria or Hina, and he has shown real interest on them. Hayate has indeed shown he finds Ruka cute and good looking, but I don't think he's ever shown to be romantically interested in her, even if she has confessed to him.
I'm basing this speculation on the idea of Hayate being a 'free' person and not tied down to his excuse of not dating anyone because of the whole debt thing... Seems to me that's what the story would be going for because it has the most character development opportunities.

And yes it's very likely that Hayate would stupidly go through with it because of his kind nature.

The alternative would be Hayate rejecting her straight up.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 05:27   Link #9171
NK141
Some Random Guy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia
It's very possible that either scenario's could happen, Hayate might go through it out of duty or for feeling responsible for whatever reason, It's happened plenty of times in the manga so far when he has felt like something was his fault etc. or as Chaos said Ruka wins and they are together for a time and something happens. (Who knows)

I think a lot of people are applauding Nagi's boldness to this issue of Ruka confessing to him.
But in saying that me personally would rather not see Nagi winning this competition for the shear fact its too(well to me anyways) Cliche that she wins(main heroine etc.). I just hope it turns out to be a good story either way!
NK141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 18:21   Link #9172
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It doesn't immediately have to jump into CTMEOY after this; Hayate could still date Ruka for a while but in the end both of them realized that it's not going to work out for whatever reason.

Wouldn't be the first break-up of this series.
But aren't they at the beginning of August already? With Comiket in the middle/near the end? And that season started at the beginning of September?

Honestly, the only way I see Ruka winning is if Hayate flat out refuses to take her money, and insists she uses it to pay off her own debt first. Then she'd be determined to win a re-match in December to pay off his debt.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 20:24   Link #9173
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But aren't they at the beginning of August already? With Comiket in the middle/near the end? And that season started at the beginning of September?
Is it ? I never paid attention to the timeline
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 23:54   Link #9174
JPblueser
Guitarded
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brazil
Hmmm.... I believe it's still late-July on the story. Comiket takes place on early August (Aug 3rd, IIRC), so there's still plenty of time until late-September (CTMEOY takes place from Sep. 18th to Sep 25th), basically still two months to go. But.... There's something else bothering me....

Doesn't anyone remember this same "paying off Hayate's debt" story from somewhere else?

Does the name Suzune Ayasaki ring any bells?
I can't help but think this is getting a liiiiiiittle bit repetitive.
__________________
JPblueser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 01:43   Link #9175
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPblueser View Post
Hmmm.... I believe it's still late-July on the story. Comiket takes place on early August (Aug 3rd, IIRC), so there's still plenty of time until late-September (CTMEOY takes place from Sep. 18th to Sep 25th), basically still two months to go. But.... There's something else bothering me....

Doesn't anyone remember this same "paying off Hayate's debt" story from somewhere else?

Does the name Suzune Ayasaki ring any bells?
I can't help but think this is getting a liiiiiiittle bit repetitive.
... No. Are you talking about a doujin?

Though someone did buy Hayate for 150 millions once before. Isumi.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 01:45   Link #9176
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... No. Are you talking about a doujin?
I think that's his grandmother from the movie, I recalled her trying to pay off Hayate's debt... Or something...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 03:02   Link #9177
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Nagi really sort of rubbed me the wrong way this chapter. I'm not sure what right she has to demand Ruka give up on Hayate. Over-possessive much?
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 11:59   Link #9178
GlassesLady
dat apple
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: I'm aliens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think that's his grandmother from the movie, I recalled her trying to pay off Hayate's debt... Or something...
Pay off Hayate's dent? She didn't even try to do that. She just kidnapped Nagi and tried to wipe her from everyone's memory.
__________________
Let me show you my Pokemans.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 16:16   Link #9179
JPblueser
Guitarded
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Pay off Hayate's dent? She didn't even try to do that. She just kidnapped Nagi and tried to wipe her from everyone's memory.
Well, that's true, but...

Spoiler for Movie plot:


In other words:

Spoiler for Conclusions:


So, yeah...
Just goes to show all those flashforwards were not a really good idea...
__________________
JPblueser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 16:19   Link #9180
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Nagi really sort of rubbed me the wrong way this chapter. I'm not sure what right she has to demand Ruka give up on Hayate. Over-possessive much?
The same right Ruka has to demand Hayate herself. They both want him.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.