AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-01-07, 18:36   Link #1
judasmartel
*Author

Any good all-girls group anime out there?

As the title says.

Not that I like it much, but it's necessary for my research for a story I'm attempting to make.

Preferably, there should be at least one "shy" girl and one "tough" girl in the group. I simply wanted to know how anime girls with different personalities make use of their free time after school club activities.

I'm considering Princess Nine, since it's the closest to the genre I'm attempting to write in, but I want to know what else do you have in mind. Obviously, it doesn't have to be in the sports genre. Any genre will do, but I would prefer less fighters and Magical Girls unless someone here can make a good analogy between combat and sports.

I have watched Ro-Kyu-Bu but dropped Sofutenni after two episodes. RKB was one of my inspirations for my writing attempt, I had fun with it, but elementary girls playing ball is kinda hard to take seriously.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-01-07 at 19:00.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 18:43   Link #2
kitten320

Not a school setting but Aria series could work really well. It is slice of life that focuses on girls every day life and interaction.

Very calming series but with a nice touch. Gets better with every season and each character is unique and has it's own personality.

First season is Aria the Animation.

If you watch every episode than final season Origination will be a nice treat since it gives a satisfying conclusion to their story.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:01   Link #3
Vicious108

Do they have to be school girls? If yes, try Azumanga Daioh, if not try Haibane Renmei as well.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:22   Link #4
judasmartel
*Author

^ Azumanga Daioh. Oh the memories. Gotta watch that again. Thanks a ton.
Old 2013-01-07, 23:10   Link #5
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Maybe pseudo-sports series like Saki, or Girls und Panzer would be what you're looking for, and I'd say at least one girl in each could be considered "shy" or "tough".
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 23:30   Link #6
judasmartel
*Author

Thanks for the suggestions.

@Konakaga Has tsunade666 changed her avatar or you just happen to have the same avatar as his/hers?
Old 2013-01-07, 23:42   Link #7
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
@Konakaga Has tsunade666 changed her avatar or you just happen to have the same avatar as his/hers?
I wonder too...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 23:47   Link #8
Traece
:cool:

I feel like I must be missing something here, but...

K-On and Lucky Star?
Old 2013-01-08, 00:00   Link #9
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I feel like I must be missing something here, but...

K-On and Lucky Star?
While K-On definitely has the shy girl (Mio, lesser extent Azusa), I don't think any of them count as tough .

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
It is similar since it's of the same girl from the same scene even , but it is somewhat different if you compare .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 00:15   Link #10
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
While K-On definitely has the shy girl (Mio, lesser extent Azusa), I don't think any of them count as tough .

It is similar since it's of the same girl from the same scene even , but it is somewhat different if you compare .
Sawako doesn't count as one?
Old 2013-01-08, 01:39   Link #11
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post

Yep. Tsunade's has less frames than yours, so the girl tends to cover her face with the stuffed tiger faster.

AzuDa is kinda fine if you ask me, we have Sakaki as the stoic athlete, which fits one of my characters (basically a female version of Kaoru Kaidoh from the Prince of Tennis).

Well, I didn't include K-On and Lucky Star in my list because I can't find a "tough" girl there. I mean, the tomboy "acts like a guy" type of girl. I usually find them in fighters with "tomboy and girly-girl" ensembles. There, the tomboys are usually the melee fighters, the girly girls are usually the ranged fighters (bows, projectiles) and/or magicians.
Old 2013-01-08, 01:55   Link #12
Traece

Quote:
Yep. Tsunade's has less frames than yours, so the girl tends to cover her face with the stuffed tiger faster.

AzuDa is kinda fine if you ask me, we have Sakaki as the stoic athlete, which fits one of my characters (basically a female version of Kaoru Kaidoh from the Prince of Tennis).

Well, I didn't include K-On and Lucky Star in my list because I can't find a "tough" girl there. I mean, the tomboy "acts like a guy" type of girl. I usually find them in fighters with "tomboy and girly-girl" ensembles. There, the tomboys are usually the melee fighters, the girly girls are usually the ranged fighters (bows, projectiles) and/or magicians.
Well, you said research for characters spending their time after school, yes? I feel like a lack of a particularly obvious "tough girl" doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't valid. A lot of anime don't properly show the day in the life of the characters, and so any proper example would be good, yes? Or are we talking about afterschool group activities?
Old 2013-01-08, 02:13   Link #13
judasmartel
*Author

Hmm... Any proper example would be fine if that's the case. I could use whatever I find out to think of bonding scenes among my characters after practice and during training camps.

Bath scenes are pretty much the easiest way to go, then cooking scenes, but I don't want to limit myself to just those. There are plenty of things a group can do during their spare time.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-01-08 at 03:33.
Old 2013-01-08, 03:28   Link #14
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Taishou Yakyuu Musume comes to mind,though there are boys in the show it's still about an all girl's baseball team,some tough girls in there but don't really remember any shy girl.
Old 2013-01-08, 04:21   Link #15
Traece

Quote:
Hmm... Any proper example would be fine if that's the case. I could use whatever I find out to think of bonding scenes among my characters after practice and during training camps.

Bath scenes are pretty much the easiest way to go, then cooking scenes, but I don't want to limit myself to just those. There are plenty of things a group can do during their spare time.
Bath scenes eh?

That reminded me of Hanasaku Iroha which might be a proper anime for you to example off of.
Old 2013-01-08, 04:40   Link #16
judasmartel
*Author

But then again, I don't want to limit myself to just those. There are plenty of things a group can do during their spare time.
Old 2013-01-08, 06:58   Link #17
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

My Otome has a fantasy all-girl school setting. There is a lot of action though (and people tend to dislike this series because they loved Mai-HiME and wanted a sequel, and not an AU). But if you want to watch the dynamics in an all-girl environment, it might work well for you. Aria, as pointed earlier, is great for that too.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 10:12   Link #18
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Natsuiro Kiseki has two of its main girls play tennis a few times after school. The main characters are all girls and have differing personalities. Lots of bonding activities there over one summer.

About the "shy" girl and "tough" girl criteria, it reminded me of the early school-life episodes of Madoka Magica. Also time for a partial rewatch, maybe?
Old 2013-01-08, 13:33   Link #19
kitten320

While K-ON doesn't have a real tomboy it does still have Ritsu and Sawako who are not ordinary. Ritsu is actually quiet tomboyish while Sawako can get really wild, two of my fave characters.

Otherwise... how about The Idolm@ster? While it might not be a school setting, it has bunch of female charas of different age. There is a shy one and there is a tomboy. There are really affectionate characters as well as cold ones who keep things to themselves. Some interesting bonding as well, especially between Haruka and Chihaya in later half.
Old 2013-01-08, 16:09   Link #20
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

For an alternate take on the Slice - of - Life genre:

Quote:
Haibane Renmei

[IMG][/IMG]

This show is very unique and difficult to describe. It's essentially a show about suicide and depression, but it deals with these themes in a way that is totally unconventional. It's quite sad, but I wouldn't say that it's very dark or angsty. It's a very quiet, subtle, anime with a simple slice-of-life style plot/pacing (e.g. Mushishi, Kino's Journey, Aria) but which nonetheless is very unlike slice-of-life anime in the sense that there is a serious plot that grapples with serious issues, although in a slightly roundabout way. There is a bit of gore involving a few medical procedures but the scenes are not violent and this is not a violent show.

In my opinion, this is one of the best anime ever made, and a must-see.