AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 19:21   Link #9141
jonald101

I think the stone that Hayate has is the stone given to him by Mikado dress as Santa so he managed to enter the Royal Garden when he was young, but his brother took the stone so he needs to find him...Finally we will know what happened to his brother.
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 20:22   Link #9142
mitsuganae

Season 3 shows that Nagi will get back to the mansion somehow, so the only question is the route of the journey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Anyway, Nagi was awesome this chapter.
+1
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 20:28   Link #9143
NK141
Some Random Guy

So does CTMEOY entwine in with the manga? Cause if it did it kind of spoiled the manga for me a little. (still gonna continue reading though)
NK141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 20:33   Link #9144
sky black swordman

I liked how Nagi told Hayate, why all of these girls and most especially Ruka fall in love with him.
It's his kindness and actions for them, that casues all of these girls fall in love with him.

I looking forward to the Doujinshi battle between Ruka and Nagi for Hayate!XD
Old 2013-01-06, 21:53   Link #9145
AdventSleeper

Im actually hoping for Ruka to win. It would be a nice change to see Hayate in a situation other than "the butler" for this manga.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 23:11   Link #9146
Used Can

Normally I would say this would lead to interesting developments, but considering the plot in CTMEOY is likely canon, I don't think Hata is straying off from the status-quo.

I suppose the likely outcomes are:
- Nagi wins, Hayate finds the stone and they go back to the Mansion.
- Ruka wins, Hayate finds the stone and, despite having his debt paid, he says he wants to remain as Nagi's butler and they go back to the mansion.
- Ruka wins, Hayate finds the stone, Ruka tries to pay off his debt but Hayate says that's something he wants to do on his own, thus he remains as Nagi's butler and they go back to the mansion.

I don't think Hata has shown Nagi as taking the dōjinshi seriously thus far, and despite the current chapter, I don't think she'll be much more serious later - though, she'll likely actually work on it now. Ruka, on the other hand, has been shown as working so hard that she even collapses. So, I'm not sure sure if Hata will have Ruka win or if Nagi will be favoured due to MC status. He could even have them tie. Whatever the outcome of the dōjinshi competition might be, Nagi still wins overall.

So, I'm not having my hopes up on the possibility of any new development - in terms of Hayate's love/personal life that is. We're still yet to know anything about that 28th thing, Himegami, Ikusa and whatever we're yet to know about the Royal Garden. We're also yet to know about Yozora Hōsen's intentions and plot relevance. Hopefully, we'll get some info on any of those before this arc ends.
Old 2013-01-06, 23:19   Link #9147
GDB

You forgot number 4. Isumi wins. Seriously, if Nagi wins outright it'll be a complete load of bullcrap, so if he wants Ruka to not win, there has to be some third party interference that prevents it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 23:26   Link #9148
Used Can

It would be funny as how random it would be, but it would also be rubbish, since Ruka's hard-work would still go unpaid. He could also have some random character win, and then reveal this person worked even harder than Ruka (though, this would be Hata simply saying "I didn't want Ruka to win.").
Old 2013-01-06, 23:29   Link #9149
Shadow5YA

...or Ruka may simply not be able to work as hard this time around because of her illness.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 01:10   Link #9150
NK141
Some Random Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Normally I would say this would lead to interesting developments, but considering the plot in CTMEOY is likely canon, I don't think Hata is straying off from the status-quo.
Probably not something alot of us wanted to hear. Ah well.
Old 2013-01-07, 03:38   Link #9151
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I suppose the likely outcomes are:
- Nagi wins, Hayate finds the stone and they go back to the Mansion.
- Ruka wins, Hayate finds the stone and, despite having his debt paid, he says he wants to remain as Nagi's butler and they go back to the mansion.
- Ruka wins, Hayate finds the stone, Ruka tries to pay off his debt but Hayate says that's something he wants to do on his own, thus he remains as Nagi's butler and they go back to the mansion.
It doesn't immediately have to jump into CTMEOY after this; Hayate could still date Ruka for a while but in the end both of them realized that it's not going to work out for whatever reason.

Wouldn't be the first break-up of this series.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 03:44   Link #9152
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hayate could still date Ruka for a while but in the end both of them realized that it's not going to work out for whatever reason.
Hold your horses there cowboy. Nagi would be giving money to Ruka for her to pay-off Hayate's debt, nor for her to buy Hayate. I'm saying this, because Ruka paying-off his debt doesn't mean he'd date her (unless you mean he'd do it because of pity or duty). He hasn't even dated Maria or Hina, and he has shown real interest on them. Hayate has indeed shown he finds Ruka cute and good looking, but I don't think he's ever shown to be romantically interested in her, even if she has confessed to him.
Old 2013-01-07, 03:55   Link #9153
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hold your horses there cowboy. Nagi would be giving money to Ruka for her to pay-off Hayate's debt, nor for her to buy Hayate. I'm saying this, because Ruka paying-off his debt doesn't mean he'd date her (unless you mean he'd do it because of pity or duty). He hasn't even dated Maria or Hina, and he has shown real interest on them. Hayate has indeed shown he finds Ruka cute and good looking, but I don't think he's ever shown to be romantically interested in her, even if she has confessed to him.
I'm basing this speculation on the idea of Hayate being a 'free' person and not tied down to his excuse of not dating anyone because of the whole debt thing... Seems to me that's what the story would be going for because it has the most character development opportunities.

And yes it's very likely that Hayate would stupidly go through with it because of his kind nature.

The alternative would be Hayate rejecting her straight up.
Old 2013-01-07, 05:27   Link #9154
NK141
Some Random Guy

It's very possible that either scenario's could happen, Hayate might go through it out of duty or for feeling responsible for whatever reason, It's happened plenty of times in the manga so far when he has felt like something was his fault etc. or as Chaos said Ruka wins and they are together for a time and something happens. (Who knows)

I think a lot of people are applauding Nagi's boldness to this issue of Ruka confessing to him.
But in saying that me personally would rather not see Nagi winning this competition for the shear fact its too(well to me anyways) Cliche that she wins(main heroine etc.). I just hope it turns out to be a good story either way!
Old 2013-01-07, 18:21   Link #9155
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It doesn't immediately have to jump into CTMEOY after this; Hayate could still date Ruka for a while but in the end both of them realized that it's not going to work out for whatever reason.

Wouldn't be the first break-up of this series.
But aren't they at the beginning of August already? With Comiket in the middle/near the end? And that season started at the beginning of September?

Honestly, the only way I see Ruka winning is if Hayate flat out refuses to take her money, and insists she uses it to pay off her own debt first. Then she'd be determined to win a re-match in December to pay off his debt.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 20:24   Link #9156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But aren't they at the beginning of August already? With Comiket in the middle/near the end? And that season started at the beginning of September?
Is it ? I never paid attention to the timeline
Old 2013-01-07, 23:54   Link #9157
JPblueser
Guitarded

Hmmm.... I believe it's still late-July on the story. Comiket takes place on early August (Aug 3rd, IIRC), so there's still plenty of time until late-September (CTMEOY takes place from Sep. 18th to Sep 25th), basically still two months to go. But.... There's something else bothering me....

Doesn't anyone remember this same "paying off Hayate's debt" story from somewhere else?

Does the name Suzune Ayasaki ring any bells?
I can't help but think this is getting a liiiiiiittle bit repetitive.
Old 2013-01-08, 01:43   Link #9158
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPblueser View Post
Hmmm.... I believe it's still late-July on the story. Comiket takes place on early August (Aug 3rd, IIRC), so there's still plenty of time until late-September (CTMEOY takes place from Sep. 18th to Sep 25th), basically still two months to go. But.... There's something else bothering me....

Doesn't anyone remember this same "paying off Hayate's debt" story from somewhere else?

Does the name Suzune Ayasaki ring any bells?
I can't help but think this is getting a liiiiiiittle bit repetitive.
... No. Are you talking about a doujin?

Though someone did buy Hayate for 150 millions once before. Isumi.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 01:45   Link #9159
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... No. Are you talking about a doujin?
I think that's his grandmother from the movie, I recalled her trying to pay off Hayate's debt... Or something...
Old 2013-01-08, 03:02   Link #9160
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Nagi really sort of rubbed me the wrong way this chapter. I'm not sure what right she has to demand Ruka give up on Hayate. Over-possessive much?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen