AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2013-01-08, 05:47   Link #1
nataliel

Need help in finding specific scene in anime movies...

Hi, everyone!
I`m searching for a scene, where some character throws a spear / sword / knife in the direction of the camera. The character must not be too small (too far from the camera).
I need this for my animation project, need some references.
And anyone will agree that anime fighting scenes look amazing
So, can anyone help, please?

*Moderator, i posted it in General Forum, but someone suggested me to post it here.
nataliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 00:52   Link #2
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Does Unlimited Blade Works where Shirou launches swords and spears work? (though most of the weapons don't go close at all)

Or if you like, try Berserker vs Gilgamesh (probably threw the weapon from the cloud of smoke)

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:10   Link #3
Kyuu
=^^=

Try Ninja Scroll. Plenty of projectile scenes in that movie. Whether they're at the camera view or not -- I don't remember. It's been a long time.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 13:23   Link #4
Moresca
Doing the time-warp

In the theatrical movie Sword of the Stranger there is a very short scene where Koutarou (the boy) is standing on a flight of winding stairs and throws a sword to his companion Nanashi (the older guy). He throws the sword directly at the camera.

The scene is towards the end of the film, roughly around 1h 26 minutes and is not only short but also are some positions of the sword during the throw in the animation sequence very cleverly "veiled" (by doing a cut to a close-up of fighting Nanashi in between, lol). So they kind of cheated at some frames - which is an art in itself though. But the beginning of the throw and Nanashi catching the sword is clearly to see if you go through it frame by frame.

Errrm, you even might want to watch the film in its entirety if you are fond of extremely well done animation...

Oh my, I just noticed while checking it again, the film has a cloud of arrows and a sword thrown at an attacker right at the beginning, around the 5 minutes mark
And Nanashi throwing his sword at roughly 1h 23 minutes (which is a very nice rotating sword animation sequence)

Also in the TV series Seirei No Moribito, Episode 1, right at the beginning around the 5 minutes mark, Balsa throws a spear (at a very slight angle though) towards the camera.

An epic animated sword hurling scene is in the opening sequence of Karas, when Eko hurls his spinning sword for the kill directly at the camera (roughly at the 5 minute mark again).

Last edited by Moresca; 2013-01-10 at 18:55. Reason: more flying objects in hindsight
Moresca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 15:10   Link #5
nataliel

Thank you very very much for your replies! You helped a lot!
I`ll post here the animation i did when it`s finished.
Moresco, indeed Now I really want to watch "Sword of the Stranger".

Last edited by nataliel; 2013-04-05 at 16:02.
nataliel is offline   Reply With Quote