AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-11, 02:48   Link #501
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
*face palm

Just watched the sub...

*massage head

God, my head hurts after watching.... What is this again? I got many questions that I think will be answered ridiculously.....

I can't say anything else except the butt. A whole advance technology made inside a small house. What a joke....

I'll stomach one more episode... This anime gives me the creeps.... I think I know whats coming...

I was hoping that a kind of romance will save this but if "that" kind of romance spurts here then goodbye...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-01-11 at 03:09.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 02:49   Link #502
dark998
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
What about Rei? Isn't she one of the mains too?
Only four girls are confirmed to wear the palette suit. Rei and even Momo are potantial users.
dark998 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:03   Link #503
Aesthetic Shampoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
A whole advance technology made inside a small house. What a joke....
The Grandpa was outcast because of the accident 7 years ago, they think he caused it or something. This also strikes me as unfair, he invents the solution to solving worldwide energy crises and he doesn't even get enough to give his granddaughter money for a train ride
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:17   Link #504
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I can't say anything else except the butt. A whole advance technology made inside a small house. What a joke....
Mad scientists/geniuses making game-breaking technologies inside insconspicuous homes is such an old and widespread trope that your surprise for it is actually quite surprising.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

(Alright Tony Stark isn't exactly inconspicuous, but still. He even made his first armor in a cave. With a box of scraps )

Quote:
I'll stomach one more episode... This anime gives me the creeps.... I think I know whats coming...
What do you think is coming?

Am I perhaps missing something here? All I saw was your traditional magical girl/superhero show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
The Grandpa was outcast because of the accident 7 years ago, they think he caused it or something. This also strikes me as unfair, he invents the solution to solving worldwide energy crises and he doesn't even get enough to give his granddaughter money for a train ride
I think the implication is that they do have the money to spend, but that the Professor is spending them on all his gadgets and inventions, which is why Momo blamed him for their poorness. I mean, how else would you explain him having an armored bunker in the house along with all that nice tech?
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-11 at 06:06. Reason: hid the large image instead an image tag...
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:22   Link #505
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Mad scientists/geniuses making game-breaking technologies inside insconspicuous homes is such an old and widespread trope that your surprise for it is actually quite surprising.
Hahaha, LOL, if her Grandpa has just the same wealth like that guy... Come to think of it.. Ironman is a one hell of a millionaire. Compare that to the old man's , his steamer and his hut... You can't even build an Atomic bomb under a hut....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
What do you think is coming?

Am I perhaps missing something here?
You know magical girls... without men... I know you know what I mean...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:26   Link #506
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Wow. I've been waiting on this one forever but that first episode still blew me away. Absolutely awesome introduction. I love the feel-good themes about science and friendship too.

Apparently the scriptwriter for this series is pretty notorious so there's plenty of room for this to turn cliche, I guess. But for the moment I am completely impressed with this anime. Wonderful start.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 28/5 :: Locodol 50/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Sabagebu 28/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
Fall: Sora no Method 21/5 :: Karen Senki 6/5 :: Cross Ange 1/5 :: Shirobako 22/5 :: Yuuki Yuuna 23/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:29   Link #507
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Hahaha, LOL, if her Grandpa has just the same wealth like that guy... Come to think of it.. Ironman is a one hell of a millionaire. Compare that to the old man's , his steamer and his hut... You can't even build an Atomic bomb under a hut....
If you have the proper materials, you can actually. In fact, it isn't that difficult as long as you know the principles behind how to make a 'simple' gun-type fission bomb, and all the components can be crafted using commercially-available tools and equipment. It's getting the necessary weapons-grade nuclear fuel that's the problem.

Also, I'd hardly describe their home as a "hut". It's an average Japanese Tatami-mat house, but with a bunker underneath. You'd be hard-pressed to miss all those steel sliding doors now, not to mention the fact that it has a second floor.
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:36   Link #508
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If you have the proper materials, you can actually. In fact, it isn't that difficult as long as you know the principles behind how to make a 'simple' gun-type fission bomb, and all the components can be crafted using commercially-available tools and equipment. It's getting the necessary weapons-grade nuclear fuel that's the problem.

Also, I'd hardly describe their home as a "hut". It's an average Japanese Tatami-mat house, but with a bunker underneath. You'd be hard-pressed to miss all those steel sliding doors now, not to mention the fact that it has a second floor.
Just imagine the technology... Such space and equipment wouldn't be enough especially compressing an Majorette's armor suit inside on a key. I could here Ironman saying WTF?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 04:25   Link #509
Tsundere Louise
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tristinian Academy of Magic
I really wonder how much guys were disappointed that there's no nude transformation. I know that you guys like those, since all b-baka guys like ecchi.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic214404_2.gif
Tsundere Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 04:26   Link #510
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
I really wonder how much guys were disappointed that there's no nude transformation. I know that you guys like those, since all b-baka guys like ecchi.
Nudity is no problem... Its "that" thing that bothers me...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 04:30   Link #511
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
Oh hey you can count all the underwear shots with just one hand.

Well that was a a fast and explosive first episode. I'm more curious if this is going to be a solo job or a team-based one like SW.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 04:38   Link #512
Fiemma
Fiamma
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: HELL
I disappointed. The series all about moe girls yuri fantasy
__________________
Fiemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 04:40   Link #513
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiemma View Post
I disappointed. The series all about moe girls yuri fantasy
Damn that is what I'm scared about..

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-01-11 at 05:07.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 04:41   Link #514
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I can't say anything else except the butt. A whole advance technology made inside a small house. What a joke...
I'm pretty sure the series is supposed to take place in the fairly distant future, not 2013 (I almost wrote 2012 there, lols), so that explains why such advanced technology is created so easily. As a futurist, I very much like the idea of a more or less perfect world where technology has made everyone's lives as easy and convenient as can be.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 04:43   Link #515
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm pretty sure the series is supposed to take place in the fairly distant future, not 2013 (I almost wrote 2012 there, lols), so that explains why such advanced technology is created so easily. As a futurist, I very much like the idea of a more or less perfect world where technology has made everyone's lives as easy and convenient as can be.
No suit could fit inside a key.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 05:13   Link #516
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

Well that was a a fast and explosive first episode. I'm more curious if this is going to be a solo job or a team-based one like SW.
I'll let the promotional pics do the talking:

Images
Might count as spoilers... not that they were hidden in the previous pages.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
No suit could fit inside a key.....
The premise may be based on over-tech, but from what we've seen Vivid Red Operation is still very much a Magical Girl title - you even have your token animal mascot character who grants the girl her powers in the form of the Professor!

Having a token transformation item like this that grants a suit out of nowhere is nothing unusual for Henshin heroes like these, whether it be Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Precure, Sailor Moon etc.
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 05:15   Link #517
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Having a token transformation item like this that grants a suit out of nowhere is nothing unusual for Henshin heroes like these, whether it be Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Precure, Sailor Moon etc.
Anyway.. is this sci fi or fantasy or both,,,,
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 05:18   Link #518
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Anyway.. is this sci fi or fantasy or both,,,,
I'd argue semantics and say that sci-fi is a subset of fantasy, but for the sake of this discussion this show is pretty much soft sci-fi bordering on magic. How else do you take into account the Professor suddenly becoming a stuffed animal mascot?

For shows like this, you just have to accept conventions like these as part & parcel of the entire package.
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 05:22   Link #519
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'd argue semantics and say that sci-fi is a subset of fantasy, but for the sake of this discussion this show is pretty much soft sci-fi bordering on magic. How else do you take into account the Professor suddenly becoming a stuffed animal mascot?

For shows like this, you just have to accept conventions like these as part & parcel of the entire package.
Magical Girl can't really stick out with pure science alone.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 05:24   Link #520
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
What about... Magical Science Girl?

I mean if you could have Science Ninja Team Gatchaman then...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.