AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-11, 19:04   Link #241
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This first episode was better than I expected it to be.

My main issue with the various anime idol shows is that they get bogged down by sheer numbers, imo. They tend to start off with everybody already being an idol, and so you have like a dozen different girls to try to keep straight even when they're all in slight variations off of the same "idol" role. It also doesn't help that there's not always a clear-cut main character.

So one thing I like about this show is how Honoka appears to be a clear-cut main character. Then there's her two friends. Then there's the Student Council President and her VP. Then there's the pianist, who's cuteness displayed in an anime avatar is the main reason I even discovered this show. Then there's everybody else.

There's some decent role differentiation here, and some characters are more important. We also get to watch these girls become idols, which makes the narrative more interesting, imo.

It makes this all a bit easier for me to get into this show the other idol shows were.


Yuri-wise, Honoka was clearly wowed by Maki, and Maki blushed a lot over Honoka's compliment of her. So there might be something there.

The Student Council Pres and her VP seem to have a certain chemistry between them.

Honoka and her two friends are clearly a tight trio.

So yeah, yuri-wise, there's plenty of potential here.


Very nice and pleasant show. Good start. I hope it can keep it up.
__________________

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-01-11 at 19:27.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 19:26   Link #242
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This first episode was better than I expected it to be.

My main issue with the various anime idol shows is that they get bogged down by sheer numbers, imo. They tend to start off with everybody already being an idol, and so you have like a dozen different girls to try to keep straight even when they're all in slight variations off of the same "idol" role. It also doesn't help that there's not always a clear-cut main character.

So one thing I like about this show is how Honoka appears to be a clear-cut main character. Then there's her two friends. Then there's the Student Council President and her VP. Then there's the pianist, who's cuteness displayed in an anime avatar is the main reason I even discovered this show. Then there's everybody else.

There's some decent role differentiation here, and some characters are more important. We also get to watch these girls become idols, which makes the narrative more interesting, imo.

t makes this all a bit easier for me to get into this show the other idol shows were.


Yuri-wise, Honoka was clearly wowed by Maki, and Maki blushed a lot over Honoka's compliment of her. So there might be something there.

The Student Council Pres and her VP seem to have a certain chemistry between them.

Honoka and her two friends are clearly a tight trio.

So yeah, yuri-wise, there's plenty of potential here.


Very nice and pleasant show. Good start. I hope it can keep it up.
You finally watch the episode and glad you like, and you also think its yuri-ish hahah Maki-chan and the vice-president:



I also saw the 'yuri' the Vice President primarily because of this scene:

Spoiler for stalker cute:


__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 19:32   Link #243
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My avatar shall reveal it to you.
That super clean delivery in the first 25 seconds of this show was all I needed to hear.

I also like that A-RISE (SNSD) song too.

Oh and I'll be joining The Maki Empire as a Vanguard with my Raptor. (Keepin' in it Manly )
__________________

"Ask Not The Sparrow How The Eagle Soars!"

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-01-11 at 21:20.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 19:46   Link #244
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Well ... um ... hmm.

Not so bad, actually, but somehow I think Idolm@ster has ruined me ... the idols were so alive and real personality wise in that excellent series, and in comparison the other idol based series I have seen since have just plain fallen short.

Series like akb0048 and this one are not "bad" per se, just nowhere near as engaging (or even "convincing" somehow?) for me....

Well, I will give it a try for a few more eps.
I agree with you.

Im@s series give you a "made my childhood" feeling and you could watch it again and again without feeling weird while enjoying and even sharing their emotions .

Natsuiro Kiseki, AKB0048 don't give that feeling and I don't expect Love Live to go that far but a good animations and song themes.
__________________
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 19:53   Link #245
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Well ... um ... hmm.

Not so bad, actually, but somehow I think Idolm@ster has ruined me ... the idols were so alive and real personality wise in that excellent series, and in comparison the other idol based series I have seen since have just plain fallen short.

Series like akb0048 and this one are not "bad" per se, just nowhere near as engaging (or even "convincing" somehow?) for me....

Well, I will give it a try for a few more eps.
Quote:
Natsuiro Kiseki, AKB0048 don't give that feeling and I don't expect Love Live to go that far but a good animations and song themes.
There's the Idolmaster thread, peeps. But TBH, to each of its own.
__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2013-01-11 at 20:18.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 19:56   Link #246
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 21
I love their songs so I always hope that in the anime there will be at one of their songs for example if there is an "episode summer / beach" they sing: "Natsuiro Egao de 1,2,3 Jump!"

__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 19:58   Link #247
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
There's the Idolmaster thread, peeps.
Comparison between series of the same genre.
__________________
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 20:21   Link #248
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Comparison between series of the same genre.
I've seen worse in that other board. Oh, well, to each his own, and different strokes for different folks.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 20:24   Link #249
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Let it be, isn't like we are going to make a daily comparison routine out of this .
__________________
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 21:04   Link #250
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
You finally watch the episode and glad you like, and you also think its yuri-ish hahah Maki-chan and the vice-president:

I also saw the 'yuri' the Vice President primarily because of this scene:
Guess I can't find any "all girl anime" without a zest of yuri permanently mark in it.... This really an anime for men after all....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 21:17   Link #251
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
That super clean delivery in first 25 seconds of this show was all I needed to hear.

I also like that A-RISE (SNSD) song too.
i agree

i fell in love with this show 10 seconds into it, if she sings like that throughout the whole series im gonna love this
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 21:41   Link #252
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My avatar shall reveal it to you.
If we're going by Galge standards, Honoka just opened up The Maki Route.

Unfortunately, she didn't click on "Introduce Yourself" instead of "Recruit Now".

Oh well, there's always Day 2.
__________________

"Ask Not The Sparrow How The Eagle Soars!"
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 22:05   Link #253
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i agree

i fell in love with this show 10 seconds into it, if she sings like that throughout the whole series im gonna love this
What's nice is that this group will probably be little in its rivalry well ... and the song is great so I'd have a full hihi
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 22:51   Link #254
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
wat was the names of the songs they sang in this episode, im hoping its on one of the cds already out
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 22:54   Link #255
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
wat was the names of the songs they sang in this episode, im hoping its on one of the cds already out
This section of the show's Wiki page is a good place to keep your eye on. In this case, the songs were "Susume→Tomorrow" and "Private Wars".
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 23:13   Link #256
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
what was the song the red haired girl was singing? also i cant find that susume song anywhere is that a new one they made for the anime?
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 23:16   Link #257
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Yes. The Love Live project has a lot of new albums coming out, so I'm expecting most of the songs in the anime are going to be made especially for it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 23:19   Link #258
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
thx for answering my questions ^^ if i could give you rep i would
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 23:26   Link #259
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
what was the song the red haired girl was singing? also i cant find that susume song anywhere is that a new one they made for the anime?
there are plenty of song group "love live" available since 2010
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 23:46   Link #260
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My avatar shall reveal it to you.
Maki sings Aishiteru Banzai.
__________________

"Ask Not The Sparrow How The Eagle Soars!"

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-01-12 at 00:06.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.