Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-10, 08:41   Link #2081
Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
The problem with him is that he's already judging it without having even seen it in the first place. I have no problems with people like Traece who has seen it and has his reasons to feel the way he does about it. Watched it and didn't like it? That's perfectly fine with me.

But this guy? He sees some people defending PMMM, and decides to "stay away from it" just for that fact. Not because of something he found disagreeable in the show, but because of an external factor unrelated to the show. That's not fair. Go figure.
sorry dont mind me im an idiot taught your talked about me sorry.

Last edited by Vanguard; 2013-01-10 at 09:11.
Old 2013-01-10, 08:56   Link #2082
Eragon
Still Alive

^ He wasn't referring to you
Old 2013-01-10, 09:01   Link #2083
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@Vanguard
Coldlight refers to NK_500 for accusing Madoka Magica for something it's not. Not to you.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:10   Link #2084
Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
@Vanguard
Coldlight refers to NK_500 for accusing Madoka Magica for something it's not. Not to you.
well sorry then im so used every one jumps on me for my opinions, Forums like gbatemp,onrpg,skyrim nexus, like every one hates u if u dont like what they like so im so used to defend my self.

Im really sorry.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:14   Link #2085
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
Im really sorry.
Eragon and Obelisk are correct. I wasn't referring to you, so relax. It's also partially my fault for not being clear enough. It's fine to delete your post where you quoted me since it was all a misunderstanding.

I was railing against NK_500's rather inane reason of hating Madoka Magica because he saw it has fans ready to defend it. In the same vein, would it be reasonable for somebody to say "Oh, I hate Gundam Seed because it has rabid fanboys. Even though I have never actually seen the show."?

In my view, someone else hating Madoka Magica (within reason) isn't a "sin", but someone else unfairly hating on it (or any other show for that matter) without any actual reason related to the show just ticks me off.

Personal disagreements about a certain part of a show's fanbase shouldn't affect what the actual show has to offer.
Old 2013-01-10, 17:38   Link #2086
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
well maybe so but I find my self go more back in time with animes I did order like 2 days ago complete box of star zinger and a dvd of venus wars.

I more love the animes I watched when I was young they where fun but allot more serious than today's and less echii/almost hentai.

I seen a few of the one one and read allot about new ones and it seams itīs all about showing breast accidental sex postpositions and the same old joke dude walks in and getīs beaten up like crap well it was fun the first time in love hina but todays it seams to be a standard joke.

Damn give me the story give me something serious like a favourite of mine Legend of the galactic heroes, man that some heavy stuff sure it has some humour but itīs all about war and love and no damn nudity.

and sorry I will not go off topic again sorry sorry give me a warring then im okey.

Oh I totally understand where you're coming from.

I find it harder and harder to find stuff that appeals to me as I get older; a lot of stuff is totally not my thing, especially the ecchi and moeblobs stuff that comes out all the time. But I know it sells so it's not like anyone is pointing a gun at me to watch it. And sometimes the moemoekyun stuff does turn out entertaining like K-ON and Tamako Market.

But there is more mature series out there though if you look hard enough; Psycho Pass is a prime example.
Old 2013-01-10, 20:52   Link #2087
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
...She came in at episode 9 out of 27. She was present for two-thirds of the series.
Meh, I don't remember animes I hate too much
Well the point is that I liked it better when it was just Yoko, Kamina, and Simon, then they brought all these other characters and ruined a ok show to begin with

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2013-01-12, 02:24   Link #2088
Fuyuno
Banned

If Ouran High School Host Club is a seinen show where all the bishies are replaced with busty teenage girls instead and people will trash it as "unfunny, uninspiring, exploitative crap with no redeeming values except to sell sex for lonely otakus".

If K is a seinen show where all the bishies are replaced with busty women and people will trash it as "unentertaning, uninspiring exploitative crap with no redeeming values except to sell sex for lonely otakus".

If K-On is a shoujo show where all the girls are bishies instead and people will praise it as "entertaining, very inspiring, zero exploitation and fit for all viewing audiences".

Talk about sexism and hypocrisy.
Old 2013-01-12, 17:31   Link #2089
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post
If Ouran High School Host Club is a seinen show where all the bishies are replaced with busty teenage girls instead and people will trash it as "unfunny, uninspiring, exploitative crap with no redeeming values except to sell sex for lonely otakus".

If K is a seinen show where all the bishies are replaced with busty women and people will trash it as "unentertaning, uninspiring exploitative crap with no redeeming values except to sell sex for lonely otakus".

If K-On is a shoujo show where all the girls are bishies instead and people will praise it as "entertaining, very inspiring, zero exploitation and fit for all viewing audiences".

You know what else is in that boat? Highschool of the Dead, Great story, Great artwork, and something that I think is a great anime, but people hate it for all of the panty shots and the ridicoulous boob physics (which I thought was funny) anyways.... you can't judge something by that

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2013-01-12, 18:28   Link #2090
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Let me guess..

While I can't think the seinen equivalent of Ouran but I think Sekirei is probably the closest seinen equivalent of K. Too bad Sekirei got lots of flaks due to "one ore many female fighters/servants serving one male 'master'" theme. I would think most of that criticism may disappear if 90% of the Sekirei are bishies instead of buxom women.

I want to add my own version too. If the sexy, busty women of Queen's Blade are 16-years old bishies people will praise it instead and oh wait...There's 07-Ghost and 07-Ghost IS the fangirls' equivalent of Queen's Blade. I think 07-Ghost is just a exploitative as Queen's Blade is but too bad QB got many time more hate than 07-Ghost. I hate 07-Ghost. I'm living in a sad, sad world.

There's a shoujo or josei equivalent of K-On and I'm not talking about shouta crap like Kimi to Boku or something. There's Sakamichi no Apollon and in fact people hyped it as "K-On done right" and anything quite like it. Yeah and just like you stated there there's almost no criticism for it except how the last 2 episodes turned out.
Old 2013-01-12, 18:36   Link #2091
kitten320

Quote:
well maybe I shall try out mahou shoujo madoka magica then but the only magical girl that I will ever like is Lina inverse >.<

But I will give it a try then.
Good^^
Let me know what you think when you do... even if you'll consider it to be crap
It's good to know what people like and dislike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

What bothered me about Madoka most was the story and the characters. I didn't really feel anything for the characters in the series, and I felt like there wasn't really a clear path being taken by them. The story was just hard to follow in how they progressed and escalated it. It didn't help that I felt like most of the scenes were the characters whining about things. Sure, they had good reasons to whine and I would expect them to be upset about things, but I felt like there was way too much of them being upset.
Well I can agree. Homura was probably the only well developed and explored character of the series while Miki tended to annoy the hell out of me with her bizarre logic =/
Madoka is not perfect but it defiantly had lots of pluses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
Hmm. . .it seems that these "which anime do you (negative opinion of) acknowledge as bad" or whatever threads tend to fill up with negativity. Mostly from the observation that people seem to get their feelings hurt when someone "hates" on their anime. Maybe these kinds of threads should not be allowed anymore? It just seems like trouble.
Nah, threads like this are needed. they allow you to get steam out. Besides having arguments is useful sometimes.
Without threads like that every positive one out there would be spammed
Old 2013-01-12, 18:41   Link #2092
-Necromancer-
Otaku

Naruto and Bleach

probably going to be hated for that xD
Old 2013-01-12, 19:48   Link #2093
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Let me guess..

While I can't think the seinen equivalent of Ouran but I think Sekirei is probably the closest seinen equivalent of K. Too bad Sekirei got lots of flaks due to "one ore many female fighters/servants serving one male 'master'" theme. I would think most of that criticism may disappear if 90% of the Sekirei are bishies instead of buxom women.

I want to add my own version too. If the sexy, busty women of Queen's Blade are 16-years old bishies people will praise it instead and oh wait...There's 07-Ghost and 07-Ghost IS the fangirls' equivalent of Queen's Blade. I think 07-Ghost is just a exploitative as Queen's Blade is but too bad QB got many time more hate than 07-Ghost. I hate 07-Ghost. I'm living in a sad, sad world.

There's a shoujo or josei equivalent of K-On and I'm not talking about shouta crap like Kimi to Boku or something. There's Sakamichi no Apollon and in fact people hyped it as "K-On done right" and anything quite like it. Yeah and just like you stated there there's almost no criticism for it except how the last 2 episodes turned out.
Ok, we get it you hate reverse harems and All-male casts shows.
Old 2013-01-12, 19:51   Link #2094
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I hate all yuri driven anime. Unless if its like Yuriko no High School Life where the MC is basically straight... I'll watch... don't mind if its doujinsh's or H though..... hah. kill me !!!
Old 2013-01-12, 20:00   Link #2095
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Necromancer- View Post
Naruto and Bleach

probably going to be hated for that xD
The masses assemble with their torches and pitchforks when I say that also I'm not a fan of Bleach and Naruto. I dislike these shows because they're too long and essentially explore similar adventures with every iteration. Moreover, (and I'm going to ready my running shoes for this one, I also dislike Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Perhaps its depiction is a detracting point, but that's just my personal preference. I'm sure for fans of these shows, merits must exist...just not for me
Old 2013-01-12, 20:22   Link #2096
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:

Which is why I hate anime fandom sometimes....(not this site though....other sites definitely.)

I actually got into a fight online about K on another site....all because I said that if it was a show full of hot women with one or two men, no one would've slammed it as hard as it got slammed.

Friend: It's Gayer than gay. And it sucks.

Me: It's not the best written show out there but it's not the worst either and it's doing okay enough for another season/sequel...but if it's all women, it's good?

Friend: K embodies everything that is wrong with anime today: Bishies and fanpandering up the a**.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:21   Link #2097
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Let me guess..

While I can't think the seinen equivalent of Ouran but I think Sekirei is probably the closest seinen equivalent of K. Too bad Sekirei got lots of flaks due to "one ore many female fighters/servants serving one male 'master'" theme.
Um, my major turn-off to Sekirei was that all the women (save one) have breasts bigger than their heads. It's too damn distracting to just ignore that if an anime is attempting to be serious.

Quote:
Friend: K embodies everything that is wrong with anime today: Bishies
Chiibi does not like your friend.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:31   Link #2098
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

He also told me that I'm a not a real even a real anime fan because I hate Evangelion but prefer to watch stuff like K or Ouran...

in regards to Gurren Lagann, once a certain character went, the show lost its charm for me.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:57   Link #2099
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
He also told me that I'm a not a real even a real anime fan because I hate Evangelion but prefer to watch stuff like K or Ouran...
OH PFFFT

He's full of crap. Tell him a fan who's been watching anime for 15 years said that.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:58   Link #2100
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Um, my major turn-off to Sekirei was that all the women (save one) have breasts bigger than their heads. It's too damn distracting to just ignore that if an anime is attempting to be serious.

Sekirei really wasn't that interesting. The story was sort of interesting, but that whole "go collect powerful women to be your slaves" concept was... Yeaaaaah... That's basically what's happening there. Also yes to too large breasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

in regards to Gurren Lagann, once a certain character went, the show lost its charm for me.
Evangelion to me is like Elfen Lied for mecha and psychological issues.

I don't know... TTGL for all its good did hit a decline about that point in the series. There was a period of time where it wasn't as good to watch, but I thought it made up for it when the MC started to fill that gap. In retrospect, that decline seems very intentional and so I'm not bothered by it.

There's been quite a bit of Bleach hate. In fact, I wrote a small article on my dislike for the series.