AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-12, 23:57   Link #1341
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
If Malaysian TSFs have melee halberds, these would be giant oversized parangs.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 00:07   Link #1342
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Or a Kris, even.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 02:45   Link #1343
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Yeah, a keris is one option, but I figure a parang would be a helluva lot simpler to make
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 02:49   Link #1344
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Keris and parangs?
Extremely long range blowpipes as snipers then?
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 03:39   Link #1345
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
If Malaysian TSFs have melee halberds, these would be giant oversized parangs.
Wouldn't that be more like the illegal farmer battalion
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 04:17   Link #1346
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Yeah, a keris is one option, but I figure a parang would be a helluva lot simpler to make
- Unless you're one of those who think pointing a Kris at an enemy is enough to take their lives away...
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 07:22   Link #1347
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: take a guess?
Age: 26
new TSFIA. http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8672722/
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 07:40   Link #1348
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Oorah. Fuck yes Marines!

USMC. One Mind, Any Weapon. Getting shit done since 1775.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 08:46   Link #1349
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Oorah. Fuck yes Marines!

USMC. One Mind, Any Weapon. Getting shit done since 1775.
MC? But them Marines don't get TSFs!
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 09:34   Link #1350
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
United States Marine Corps. I dunno what other MC you're talking about...

Anyway I'm adding that text to the wiki for posting and/or further cleanup; the TL is good, but srsly needs a BETA.

Edit: Annnnd done: Salty Fields Never End. I've done some touchup, but feel free to carry on the work, fellow eishi!
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.


Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-01-13 at 10:05.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 19:00   Link #1351
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
United States Marine Corps. I dunno what other MC you're talking about...

Anyway I'm adding that text to the wiki for posting and/or further cleanup; the TL is good, but srsly needs a BETA.

Edit: Annnnd done: Salty Fields Never End. I've done some touchup, but feel free to carry on the work, fellow eishi!
Yeah USMC.
I thought Air Forces are the ones with TSFs?
Then again I could be wrong.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 21:13   Link #1352
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
The US Navy and US Marine Corps maintain their own TSF squadrons. Looking at the squadrons listed, it appears that there has been some expansion of the various squadrons...

Anyhow, even in this world, the USMC maintains aviation squadrons; Marine Attack Squadrons operate the AV-8B Harrier II Plus and Marine Fighter Attack Squadrons operate the F/A-18 Hornet. They're holding out on the F-35B to replace both.

During the Cold War, practically every Navy aircraft had a Marine Squadron that also flew it.

The reason the Marines have their own air assets is because their experiences in Korea showed them that they can't rely on the Army or the Air Force for support; contrary to the Air Force, which believes the aircraft to be the ends to the means, the Marines believe their aircraft to be essentially rifles with wings. The mission is always the support of the ground combat element.

tl;dr: Marines have their own aircraft and TSFs to support their ground forces, as they can't always wait for the Army or the Air Force.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 04:20   Link #1353
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I dunno what other MC you're talking about...
- Maybe he's referring to a certain tall individual in green body armor known for saving humanity from marauding alien species? ^_^
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 04:24   Link #1354
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
The US Navy and US Marine Corps maintain their own TSF squadrons. Looking at the squadrons listed, it appears that there has been some expansion of the various squadrons...

Anyhow, even in this world, the USMC maintains aviation squadrons; Marine Attack Squadrons operate the AV-8B Harrier II Plus and Marine Fighter Attack Squadrons operate the F/A-18 Hornet. They're holding out on the F-35B to replace both.

During the Cold War, practically every Navy aircraft had a Marine Squadron that also flew it.

The reason the Marines have their own air assets is because their experiences in Korea showed them that they can't rely on the Army or the Air Force for support; contrary to the Air Force, which believes the aircraft to be the ends to the means, the Marines believe their aircraft to be essentially rifles with wings. The mission is always the support of the ground combat element.

tl;dr: Marines have their own aircraft and TSFs to support their ground forces, as they can't always wait for the Army or the Air Force.
So the Marines, USAF and the navy have their own squadrons?
That's a lot of planes you guys have. Bloody hell.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 04:31   Link #1355
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Maybe he's referring to a certain tall individual in green body armor known for saving humanity from marauding alien species? ^_^
Power armor's for pussies. Unless you are talking about that guy from Doom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
So the Marines, USAF and the navy have their own squadrons?
That's a lot of planes you guys have. Bloody hell.
The Army, Airforce, Navy, Marines, all have their own planes, and with different kinds of planes, specially developed for the different branches, IRL. Wonderful way to ensure the fiscal budget is fully spent.
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 05:21   Link #1356
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Power armor's for pussies. Unless you are talking about that guy from Doom.
- I'd like to see YOU take on Warrior-class BETA with just a rifle. Didn't exactly go very well for Yokohama Base's MP's and Ha...(sob)...Haruka...
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 05:42   Link #1357
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space Battle Cruiser Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- I'd like to see YOU take on Warrior-class BETA with just a rifle. Didn't exactly go very well for Yokohama Base's MP's and Ha...(sob)...Haruka...

Images
US Response
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Cuz thats how the thinking goes in doctrine

Still for Soldier class, normal Infantry is ok if well provisioned as seen in TE's Anime
__________________
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 05:48   Link #1358
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Is that from Cross Operation no 5? Is it the latest one?

Wondering was that Beans in Kanazawa like super backdated or what....They only have vol 5





Also, I just realized something. I KNOW WHY SANDEK LOOKS SO FAMILIAR NOW....He's A CLONE OF PUTIN
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 06:44   Link #1359
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Images
US Response
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Cuz thats how the thinking goes in doctrine

Still for Soldier class, normal Infantry is ok if well provisioned as seen in TE's Anime
MURRIKA FUCK YEAH.
I'm not even American.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 07:54   Link #1360
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
MURRIKA FUCK YEAH.
I'm not even American.
- That's probably for the best. Would hate to see you carry guns three times your body weight.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.