AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-14, 02:43   Link #1481
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Ishida Akira is probably one of the first male seiyuu to voice a well known trap in anime when he did the role as Fisheye in Sailormoon. And yes he can also be quite manly too. So him voicing the new Pisces is going to be either an even more eerily Aphrodite-type character whom is proud of his extreme feminine-like beauty, or he could be the Albafica type who despise his feminine outlook and is a real man's man. Either way Ishida Akira is going to pull it off no question because he is that good.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 04:09   Link #1482
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
So him voicing the new Pisces is going to be either an even more eerily Aphrodite-type character whom is proud of his extreme feminine-like beauty, or he could be the Albafica type who despise his feminine outlook and is a real man's man.
I hope it's the latter. Aphrodite creeps me out (even though he's not as creepy as Lizard Misty ).
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 19:55   Link #1483
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
hey guys i know who this can sound weird but, someone can confirm if indeed sonia died(like official announcement confirming)? because her "death scene" looked so strange, like us dont's see soma really cry(like others CDZ character when someone they like die) and she asked him to not leave her alone, then closed her eyes(supposedly dying), but I totally did not buy the idea that she died for me was missing something like showing her body close after soma look at her last time (ok she already closed her eyes then he dont need to close, however this looked for me missing something), and her death scene looked too forced with no any real good explanation, she exploded but leaving her body uninjured and with a normal cloth and was a really strange death at last for me, the aria scene death is much more a really death scene than her.

i'm already see some "fake deaths" scenes in animes like that one... showing one character half crying and dont showing close the body to in the future show who he still alive.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 20:26   Link #1484
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
hey guys i know who this can sound weird but, someone can confirm if indeed sonia died(like official announcement confirming)? because her "death scene" looked so strange, like us dont's see soma really cry(like others CDZ character when someone they like die) and she asked him to not leave her alone, then closed her eyes(supposedly dying), but I totally did not buy the idea that she died for me was missing something like showing her body close after soma look at her last time (ok she already closed her eyes then he dont need to close, however this looked for me missing something), and her death scene looked too forced with no any real good explanation, she exploded but leaving her body uninjured and with a normal cloth and was a really strange death at last for me, the aria scene death is much more a really death scene than her.

i'm already see some "fake deaths" scenes in animes like that one... showing one character half crying and dont showing close the body to in the future show who he still alive.
Spoiler:
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 20:34   Link #1485
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She killed his father and crushed his father's cloth stone, the only thing left of Soma's dad. Why would he cry for her?
don't forget shounen animes/mangas dont follow the "logic" sometimes i already see many "protagonists" crying for even they worst enemys why not for her?, soma is aware who sonia holds that grudge of somas dad death she not really wanted kill him was "forced to do this" and on the fight she looked totally out of character/confused about what she really want(this looked being the reason of her death), but coming back to mine ask, like i told her death looked too much a fake death scene, aria death was much better dont leave any room fot "ambiguous" interpretations.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 20:40   Link #1486
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
don't forget shounen animes/mangas dont follow the "logic" sometimes i already see many "protagonists" crying for even they worst enemys why not for her?, soma is aware who sonia holds that grudge of somas dad death she not really wanted kill him was "forced to do this" and on the fight she looked totally out of character/confused about what she really want(this looked being the reason of her death), but coming back to mine ask, like i told her death looked too much a fake death scene, aria death was much better dont leave any room fot "ambiguous" interpretations.
This reminds me of Seiya's "Cassius!! NOOO!!" or Saori's "Saga!! NOOO!!" XD
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 20:42   Link #1487
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
don't forget shounen animes/mangas dont follow the "logic" sometimes i already see many "protagonists" crying for even they worst enemys why not for her?, soma is aware who sonia holds that grudge of somas dad death she not really wanted kill him was "forced to do this" and on the fight she looked totally out of character/confused about what she really want(this looked being the reason of her death), but coming back to mine ask, like i told her death looked too much a fake death scene, aria death was much better dont leave any room fot "ambiguous" interpretations.
Spoiler:
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 20:54   Link #1488
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler:
hey man i'm not "fight about her fault" i'm just looking for a better confirmation about her death, like i told i get a fake death vib here, because the tragedy side of the death was too poor and open to a ambiguous interpretation, even on previous Saint seya i already see many deaths and fake deaths better than that death, like the fight of shiryu and the previous sagitarios saint or ikki vs shakka.

and dont forget the blood man shiryu who already loose thosands of liters of blood and still alive lol(he can easy full many blood banks if needed )

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
This reminds me of Seiya's "Cassius!! NOOO!!" or Saori's "Saga!! NOOO!!" XD
these are some good examples of "weird crys"
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 21:22   Link #1489
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Soma was crying a little when he take her hand.
Anyways, i'm not sure she is out.
Remember Cassios ?
Cloth on his face.
Sonia ? No cloth on his face.
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 22:00   Link #1490
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Cassius was too big to cover with Aioria's cape .
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 00:31   Link #1491
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Yeah, why would he feel bad when he spent the long episode trying to convince her to come with him, and was sympathetic to her before? That's just silly.

Even if that wasn't the cause I could understand simple empathy towards someone in that situation.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 01:26   Link #1492
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
It's pretty obvious she died. With her not being able to tell that it was Souma besides her and her confusing that it was Mars and then pleading him (still thinking that Souma is Mars) to not leave her alone is pretty much your standard "she's dying and weak thus can't even think straight" cliche. Unless they do something Gundam SEED like then she's good as confirmed dead.

Souma crying for Sonia isn't really that hard to understand either. Yes he knew she killed his father, but for multiple times Souma was able to see the truth of the situation - he saw exactly how Sonia reluctantly killed his father, and on top of that he also got a good look of her feelings how she is still being tormented for killing Souma's father etc, and not only that Souma also learnt that his father has a big heart and would not want him to seek revenge on someone like Sonia whom was only just misguided by her false sense of loyalty towards Mars but would instead wanted him to save her, just like back then how Souma's father wanted to save Sonia from her misguided loyalty too. Seriously the Souma/Sonia back story is probably the best developed sub-story in Omega so far where there's no real loose ends of WTF moments of suddenly changed motivations.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 01:51   Link #1493
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
It's pretty obvious she died. With her not being able to tell that it was Souma besides her and her confusing that it was Mars and then pleading him (still thinking that Souma is Mars) to not leave her alone is pretty much your standard "she's dying and weak thus can't even think straight" cliche. Unless they do something Gundam SEED like then she's good as confirmed dead.

Souma crying for Sonia isn't really that hard to understand either. Yes he knew she killed his father, but for multiple times Souma was able to see the truth of the situation - he saw exactly how Sonia reluctantly killed his father, and on top of that he also got a good look of her feelings how she is still being tormented for killing Souma's father etc, and not only that Souma also learnt that his father has a big heart and would not want him to seek revenge on someone like Sonia whom was only just misguided by her false sense of loyalty towards Mars but would instead wanted him to save her, just like back then how Souma's father wanted to save Sonia from her misguided loyalty too. Seriously the Souma/Sonia back story is probably the best developed sub-story in Omega so far where there's no real loose ends of WTF moments of suddenly changed motivations.
i'm still waiting a offical confirmation about this: because is not like i not liked her death(indeed i disliked this), but her death scene looked too much "poor developed" for me to accept who she really died, if indeed she died i'm fine but until i get a real confirmation i gona stick with "maybe", another clue about her not die is, no one sense her cosmo vanish even eden dont sense "her death" in she is a gold saint or at last her cosmo level can be sense by everyone on the start but us see kouga and yuna and eden and no one talked about sense her death(her cosmo vanishing).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 05:03   Link #1494
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Saint Seiya: The Death of Moe
And I was still pissed off about Aria!
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:44   Link #1495
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Now I guess death will be for Mykene


The guy is going for Medea but you just can't kill a boss like that I bet he is gonna be betrayed/back-stabbed :S.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 11:13   Link #1496
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Saint Seiya: The Death of Moe
And I was still pissed off about Aria!
I'm still pissed about Aria.

Sonia should have realized her days were numbered when Aria got killed.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 19:56   Link #1497
AGear2Ax
ClearMind
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i'm still waiting a offical confirmation about this: because is not like i not liked her death(indeed i disliked this), but her death scene looked too much "poor developed" for me to accept who she really died, if indeed she died i'm fine but until i get a real confirmation i gona stick with "maybe", another clue about her not die is, no one sense her cosmo vanish even eden dont sense "her death" in she is a gold saint or at last her cosmo level can be sense by everyone on the start but us see kouga and yuna and eden and no one talked about sense her death(her cosmo vanishing).
Spoiler for Trying an explanation about Sonia's Fate:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Now I guess death will be for Mykene


The guy is going for Medea but you just can't kill a boss like that I bet he is gonna be betrayed/back-stabbed :S.
Spoiler for Mykene:


Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm still pissed about Aria.

Sonia should have realized her days were numbered when Aria got killed.
Spoiler for Aria's probable future :P:


Anyways... I am not so sure about this show having the balls to do that to important characters, they made think us that they have them but I'm not convinced... Not until I see solid proof that there's absolutely no way to escape that fate and nobody has the power to make others to avoid it...

BTW, anybody knows where we can talk about the possible direction of the story on Saint Seiya Omega? is this threat ok for that? Well, since this is an original series which doesn't have a source material (only "prequels" if we can threat them like that) I don't where to search or read about interpretations of the show an future events...
__________________
After my departure, the truth behind my words will be revealed.
AGear2Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 20:26   Link #1498
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGear2Ax View Post
Anyways... I am not so sure about this show having the balls to do that to important characters, they made think us that they have them but I'm not convinced... Not until I see solid proof that there's absolutely no way to escape that fate and nobody has the power to make others to avoid it...
I don't know about this particular show, but I think Saint Seiya series before this have the balls. Remember how many important and lovable Gold Saints they killed in SS Hades Arc and the oh-so-many deaths in Lost Canvas? So if Omega is truly the successor of SS series, then yeah, it must have the balls to kill important characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGear2Ax View Post
BTW, anybody knows where we can talk about the possible direction of the story on Saint Seiya Omega? is this threat ok for that? Well, since this is an original series which doesn't have a source material (only "prequels" if we can threat them like that) I don't where to search or read about interpretations of the show an future events...
I think you can do it here just fine. Just remember to use spoiler tags for any major spoilers you know .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 11:16   Link #1499
belxebu
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i'm still waiting a offical confirmation about this: because is not like i not liked her death(indeed i disliked this), but her death scene looked too much "poor developed" for me to accept who she really died, if indeed she died i'm fine but until i get a real confirmation i gona stick with "maybe", another clue about her not die is, no one sense her cosmo vanish even eden dont sense "her death" in she is a gold saint or at last her cosmo level can be sense by everyone on the start but us see kouga and yuna and eden and no one talked about sense her death(her cosmo vanishing).
Well, in fact her death is already confirmed by a simple thing: The ilusion of the Scorpio Temple wearing off. Just compare when Paradox was defeated with when Shiller was defeated, and you will see my point, if the Gold Saint dies (or leaves the temple) that ilusion dissapears, but that don't means that they can't turn it off, because Mycene did it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't know about this particular show, but I think Saint Seiya series before this have the balls. Remember how many important and lovable Gold Saints they killed in SS Hades Arc and the oh-so-many deaths in Lost Canvas? So if Omega is truly the successor of SS series, then yeah, it must have the balls to kill important characters.
That I remember all the loved Gold Saint NEVER were Killed, and by loved I obviously mean Shaka, Dohko, MU, Aioria and Milo, if they died is because they gave their lives to destroy the Wailing Wall. They died but it was almost until the end of the series. and even in the end of the original manga, we were made to believe that Seiya and the others died, but now we Know that all of them survived thanks to ND.

In LC all the Saints not named Dohko or Shion, were death by canon, because they were the only ones that survived the end of the war in the original manga, but even that not stopped Teshigori to leave more saints alive, Yato and Yuzuriha, that were supposed to be dead. And even in the beginning of the sereis, when Tenma died he was revivd some chapters later

If Omega is truly the successor of the Saint Seiya series, they will kill important characters, only to revive them later, because the other Saint Seiya Works did that all the time.
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 16:17   Link #1500
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
That I remember all the loved Gold Saint NEVER were Killed, and by loved I obviously mean Shaka, Dohko, MU, Aioria and Milo, if they died is because they gave their lives to destroy the Wailing Wall. They died but it was almost until the end of the series. and even in the end of the original manga, we were made to believe that Seiya and the others died, but now we Know that all of them survived thanks to ND.
When I said “...Gold Saints they killed...” I meant the series creator who killed them, not necessarily killed by in-story enemies. And yes, that means any kinds of death to important characters counts, no matter how or why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
In LC all the Saints not named Dohko or Shion, were death by canon, because they were the only ones that survived the end of the war in the original manga, but even that not stopped Teshigori to leave more saints alive, Yato and Yuzuriha, that were supposed to be dead. And even in the beginning of the sereis, when Tenma died he was revivd some chapters later
So? Like I said, no matter how or why, character’s death is still character’s death. And Lost Canvas is supposed to be its own story since Kurumada already dismissed it as “non-canon”. As for Tenma, he's the main character, so of course he has the strongest plot-armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
If Omega is truly the successor of the Saint Seiya series, they will kill important characters, only to revive them later, because the other Saint Seiya Works did that all the time.
We'll see.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.