AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-14, 21:55   Link #28681
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
HG:
Finish up AGE line
Unicorn kits and variations as the episodes come along, definitely FA at some point
DESTINY "Remastered" HG kits, still going to be crap lol (except Destiny and Legend)
Zeta era UC kits as we have been seeing for the past few months
Dude, HG Murasame and Gaia are good kits with good proportion and articulation . The only minus is the fact that HG Gaia still needs a lot of painting.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 23:10   Link #28682
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
http://www.inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2...edictions.html

^ Do you think that any of the predictions made on the GToys Blog will come true?

MG Prometheus
MG Snow White
MG Warlock

What are those?

Also, surprised to see that GToys thinks we'll see the Gundam X series getting MG (X, X Divider and Double X).

But I would definitely love to see their 00 and Wing predictions to come out.
As mentioned they are from Frozen Teardrop with only Promethus being revealed and it's an advancement of the Heavyarm's line which has a giant gatling cross which reminds alot of people of Wolfwood's Cross from Trigun.

Snow White - The lead Gundam, piloted by Heero and contains Zero System.

Warlock - Advancement of the Deathscythe line of Gundam's in all likely hood and piloted by Duo Jr./Fenrir. None of them are likely to get Model's this year, Promethus even when revealed isn't completed and they still have the rest of the EW suits to hit depending on how far they take the Leo Frame, and then then Kai's for Altron, Sandrock, and Heavyarms.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 02:15   Link #28683
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
So..

Wing Gundam Zero (TV)
Wing Gundam Zero (EW) Remaster
Wing Gundam (EW) Remaster
Nataku
Heavyarms Kai EW
Sandrock Kai EW
Tallgeese II
Tallgeese III

Serpent Custom?
Vayate?
Mercurious?

Age-1 Gransa
Age-2 Double Bullet
Age-2 Special Forcesl
Age-3 Orbital
Age-3 Fortress
Age-FX Burst

Those are probably the likely ones if we "finish up" the MG line of Age and Wing?
No, you are over-thinking it, at best they're gonna try to make the bolded ones at some point, with the underlined ones as "maybes" or "exclusives/limited editions", took off FX and AGE-3 since those are confirmed

Most of the EW gundam team and tallgeese kits are probably a go at some point, with them being 80-90% recolors

AGE is highly dependent on sales, not too hopeful for DB and Grandsa (due to all the new armor and whole backpack fetching a higher price which I dont think much will be willing to pay for an AGE kit). As for the 3 and FX variants those depends on the normal ones sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dude, HG Murasame and Gaia are good kits with good proportion and articulation . The only minus is the fact that HG Gaia still needs a lot of painting.
Took a look at those just now to refresh my memory, yeah they're not bad at all compared to the others

U know what, im gonna rephrase what I said earlier "The HG SEED/DESTINY screwed up on most of the main noticeable units"

I also forgot to say that the Stargazer line was actually quite good, you could see the transition to the 00 style of HG kits with better proportions and articulation
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 02:27   Link #28684
firefox
Seed seeder
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The country of beer !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Seeing as you have been listing so many Wing MGs you want u seriously do not know what those suits are? They're the Frozen Teardrop gundams, of which only Prometheus have been revealed



Hey how stable is the RG Zeta? Im debating between it and the HGUC (cheaper, proportions are still pretty good to this day, and it got the BFG of course lol)


On the topic of predictions, which are not that big a deal:

I think the highest possibilities are:



HG:
Finish up AGE line
Unicorn kits and variations as the episodes come along, definitely FA at some point
DESTINY "Remastered" HG kits, still going to be crap lol (except Destiny and Legend)

Some of destiny 1/144 HG are quite good, like the zaku warrior/phantom, the murasame and the ginn HM type 2. Seed Stargazer had even great 1/144 HG models. Models have come quite a bit since seed, of course newer stuff like 00, new HGUC and especially AGE have better models. That's progress.
1/144 HG main suits in destiny (Strike freedom, impulse, destiny, legend...) were not good, with the exception of saviour gundam. But on teh bright side most of those will get or allready have MG/RG's

I do like the 1/100 HG line from seed/seed destiny, that had good value for money! IF you avoid the main gundams (freedom, strike freedom, justice, destiny)

But i think a 1/144 or 1/100 HG slash zaku phantom (Yzak type) will still hold it's own today.
When seeing what they did for the 1/144 HG M1 astray, we can only hope that they do a modern 1/144 HG Windam and GUaiz

MG's will off course be better, but have to stay realistic, we will only get main suits in MG.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 03:45   Link #28685
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Some of destiny 1/144 HG are quite good, like the zaku warrior/phantom, the murasame and the ginn HM type 2. Seed Stargazer had even great 1/144 HG models. Models have come quite a bit since seed, of course newer stuff like 00, new HGUC and especially AGE have better models. That's progress.
1/144 HG main suits in destiny (Strike freedom, impulse, destiny, legend...) were not good, with the exception of saviour gundam. But on teh bright side most of those will get or allready have MG/RG's

I do like the 1/100 HG line from seed/seed destiny, that had good value for money! IF you avoid the main gundams (freedom, strike freedom, justice, destiny)

But i think a 1/144 or 1/100 HG slash zaku phantom (Yzak type) will still hold it's own today.
When seeing what they did for the 1/144 HG M1 astray, we can only hope that they do a modern 1/144 HG Windam and GUaiz

MG's will off course be better, but have to stay realistic, we will only get main suits in MG.
How good are those 1/100 Seed Zakus? Im actually thinking about getting one of those since Im not willing to shell out for a MG UC one

So far for 1/100 NGs I got the red frame (amazing kit for its time), and the Vent Saviour (still unbuilt). Thinking about picking up a Legend too as that kit is very well done, but holding off just in case the MG come around
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 03:45   Link #28686
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Speaking of destiny HG kits
Just done Dearka custom blaze Zaku phantom
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 04:16   Link #28687
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How good are those 1/100 Seed Zakus?
GOOD IMO! it doesn't have the latest waist joint, but its bend is decent. I love the color separation, even though it could be better if was released nowadays. This is the time that you'll see the improvement of parts separation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Speaking of destiny HG kits
Just done Dearka custom blaze Zaku phantom
That build of yours might fool someone that Bandai actually have released that kit! Nice job!
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 04:23   Link #28688
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
@duotiga: Nice, it's been so long since I've seen that kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How good are those 1/100 Seed Zakus? Im actually thinking about getting one of those since Im not willing to shell out for a MG UC one.
If you really like SEED's Zakus in 1/100 scale, I'd suggest you wait until Destiny Remaster. Who knows, Bandai might release the MG of Lunamaria's Gunner Zaku Warrior or Rey's Blaze Zaku Phantom since those two are prominent MSs in the series.


Oh, and speaking of awful HG SEED, this one is also a good example:



Seriously, this decision of Bandai just doesn’t make any sense to me. If they just want to “test the water” on Perfect Strike’s sales, why not just release an additional parts of Perfect Pack for RG/MG Sword-Launcher Strike? I bet that would cost less production-budget than creating a brand new mold of HG Perfect Pack (plus, it'll sell like hotcakes for those who already own RG/MG S-L Strike). Instead, we get Perfect Pack created for the lame-duck HG Strike which has bad proportion and articulation . I don’t know about you guys, but I think it’s a waste of Bandai’s time, money, and effort.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 04:40   Link #28689
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
@duotiga: Nice, it's been so long since I've seen that kit.

If you really like SEED's Zakus in 1/100 scale, I'd suggest you wait until Destiny Remaster. Who knows, Bandai might release the MG of Lunamaria's Gunner Zaku Warrior or Rey's Blaze Zaku Phantom since those two are prominent MSs in the series.
Well like I noted before Im not too keen on the MG pricetag, and if I was I would have gotten a Zaku 2.0 Shin Matsunaga Custom (Hooray for the HGUC!)

Also when it comes to the SEED Zakus, my favorite is HEINE's, ANY HEINE SUIT IS BADASS XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
GOOD IMO! it doesn't have the latest waist joint, but its bend is decent. I love the color separation, even though it could be better if was released nowadays. This is the time that you'll see the improvement of parts separation.

That build of yours might fool someone that Bandai actually have released that kit! Nice job!
I thought they did release a HG for the black zaku? I swear I saw it on Dalong a moment ago checking on the Gaia and Murasame
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 04:49   Link #28690
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I thought they did release a HG for the black zaku? I swear I saw it on Dalong a moment ago checking on the Gaia and Murasame
Oh man! I thought they didn't. My bad. That just proves on how much attention I give to Seed HGs because overall, they're... you know besides the fact that I dpn't prefer 1/144 scale
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 07:01   Link #28691
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Well like I noted before Im not too keen on the MG pricetag, and if I was I would have gotten a Zaku 2.0 Shin Matsunaga Custom (Hooray for the HGUC!)
If only I have extra cash, I also want to get MG Johny Ridden's Zaku II, but I'm still too occupied with MG & HG Gundams and other custom suits. Zaku is really not that high on my must-buy list.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 07:49   Link #28692
abc0716
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 24
Consider to get a/an (in-stock) Gunpla kit while still waiting the backordered HG GN-X to arrive...

Among HGUC Hi-Nu Gundam (Normal/Gunpla Builders GPB Color) and HG 1.5 Gundam, which do you think is the better kit for you?
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 07:49   Link #28693
firefox
Seed seeder
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The country of beer !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How good are those 1/100 Seed Zakus? Im actually thinking about getting one of those since Im not willing to shell out for a MG UC one

So far for 1/100 NGs I got the red frame (amazing kit for its time), and the Vent Saviour (still unbuilt). Thinking about picking up a Legend too as that kit is very well done, but holding off just in case the MG come around
For a 1/100 HG kit they are pretty solid, easy to build and don't require alot of pain.
I got 2 green zaku warriors, luna's warrior, rey's phantom and 2 (heine and lacus clyne's exclusive) unbuilt

firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 09:45   Link #28694
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Among HGUC Hi-Nu Gundam (Normal/Gunpla Builders GPB Color) and HG 1.5 Gundam, which do you think is the better kit for you?
I'd chose the HG 1.5 in a heartbeat coz I think the kit looks beautiful. The design is simple but effective, not too busy with a lot of accessories. Proportion and articulation are excellent. Also, it has a nice color scheme (white & purple mostly) which is pretty rare for a gundam. Furthermore, Gundam 1.5 isn't made into MG (yet), so the HG is the only way to enjoy it (while you can buy the superior MG Hi-Nu when you have the money). HG Hi-Nu is also good and quite big. If you like a more traditional design with backpack fully equipped with six funnels, you can go with it (beware: only two of HG Hi-Nu's six funnels are "real" ).
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:14   Link #28695
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'd chose the HG 1.5 in a heartbeat coz I think the kit looks beautiful. The design is simple but effective, not too busy with a lot of accessories. Proportion and articulation are excellent. Also, it has a nice color scheme (white & purple mostly) which is pretty rare for a gundam. Furthermore, Gundam 1.5 isn't made into MG (yet), so the HG is the only way to enjoy it (while you can buy the superior MG Hi-Nu when you have the money). HG Hi-Nu is also good and quite big. If you like a more traditional design with backpack fully equipped with six funnels, you can go with it (beware: only two of HG Hi-Nu's six funnels are "real" ).
Thanks for the heads up!



Now I'm disappointed. I thought all were.
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:28   Link #28696
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Sometimes, I'm a bit concerned with how Bandai is doing things. I mean their manga/DVD/BluRay business side is just ruined since they overprice everything, and now they don't do anything in the US since people didn't want to pay an arm & leg for it, but now they do stupid things with their GunPla business...

- rozen zulu hg... brown?
- perfect strike hg ... same crappy hg kit with a new mold for the pack when they could have just held off and released a "perfect strike pack" for the rg or the upcoming remastered mg aile strike
- not releasing some mg's (like from age)
- focusing too much on 1 series at a time (like seed in 2012) when other could've used some attention.

Like why don't we get an MG of this guy:

http://inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2013/...custom-ew.html

We got a 1/100 HG years ago. I think maybe Bandai is going back into their 1/100 HG backlog of kits released, and "remastering" them in 1/100 MG.

So..

Sandrock Custom
Heavyarms Custom
Nataku
Tallgeese II
Tallgeese III
Serpent Custom

...are likely?
__________________
水遁 六百二十九

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-01-15 at 11:09.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:43   Link #28697
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
- focusing too much on 1 series at a time (like seed in 2012) when other could've used some attention.
That's natural and there's nothing wrong with that. It's like complaining why apples are red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
- rozen zulu hg... brown?
AGREED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
- not releasing some mg's (like from age)
We all know how Age did poorly. I guess all we can do is to accept T_T My Age-2 DB and Orbital will not be seen anytime soon or even forever.
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:56   Link #28698
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Sometimes, I'm a bit concerned with how Bandai is doing things. I mean their manga/DVD/BluRay business side is just ruined since they overprice everything, and now they don't do anything in the US since people didn't want to pay an arm & leg for it, but now they do stupid things with their GunPla business...

- rozen zulu hg... brown?
Agreed, unless a colorblind intern did it, i dunno what they thought at that moment.
Quote:
- perfect strike hg ... same crappy hg kit with a new mold for the pack when they could have just held off and released a "perfect strike pack" for the rg or the upcoming remastered mg aile strike
Honestly, it isnt that expensive to rerelease the HG, the launcher/sword packs don't need to be changed at all, the only thing that needs new mold is the C1-C2 pieces for the backpack, and it's all done, it's a pretty smart move made by them, lame as hell, but smart and it wouldnt cost them alot.

Releasing it for the RG would be more expensive, same with a MG, since they would need more complex molds instead of two blocks with pegs on them
Quote:
- not releasing some mg's (like from age)
- focusing too much on 1 series at a time (like seed in 2012) when other could've used some attention.
They did focus on AGE, and it bombed HARD. UC Grunt kits sold better than them, the HG Juaggu? sold more than any AGE kit, and that had a screentime of 20 seconds total.

SEED got attention because they had the REMASTER going as a off-set for AGE's hilarious failure, the GAT-X series would sell like milk, and they sure did

i do agree that they should focus on other shows aswell, Gundam X for example, it would be lovely if they released atleast the X itself in MG form.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 14:16   Link #28699
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post

- rozen zulu hg... brown?
- perfect strike hg ... same crappy hg kit with a new mold for the pack when they could have just held off and released a "perfect strike pack" for the rg or the upcoming remastered mg aile strike
- not releasing some mg's (like from age)
- focusing too much on 1 series at a time (like seed in 2012) when other could've used some attention.

Like why don't we get an MG of this guy:

http://inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2013/...custom-ew.html

We got a 1/100 HG years ago. I think maybe Bandai is going back into their 1/100 HG backlog of kits released, and "remastering" them in 1/100 MG.

So..

Sandrock Custom
Heavyarms Custom
Nataku
Tallgeese II
Tallgeese III
Serpent Custom
Point 1 and 2 have been noted so many times Im not sure we even need to hear them, though while 2 is crappy it makes sense from a money saving point of view

Point 3 is redundant, by that arguement I can say the UC MG line sucks cuz there are over 100 kits from UC which does not have a MG kit, some of which are actually long overdue

Point 4, once again, business, going all over the place is not a good idea, keeping ca central theme while adding in some other stuff here and there works the best to keep it fresh while still being focused

MG Serpent? Unlikely, It would require a whi=ole new mould and inner frame
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 14:21   Link #28700
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
MG Serpent? Unlikely, It would require a whi=ole new mould and inner frame
not to mention the 1/100 one still looks great
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.