AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-02, 12:52   Link #341
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Had a little go of one at local GAME store and it was pretty good, not much to do other than watch some vids and play a Rayman demo(I think it was Rayman anyway, never been big on Rayman tbh)
Not sure I'll pick one up yet tho, only Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper appeals to me and Ninja Gaiden isn't out till Jan here.
Guess I might get one for a bday present in March
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 13:44   Link #342
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I want to hear more about this possible Yoshi Land U that's been hinted.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:46   Link #343
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's hilarious how people like this got screwed over because this is nowhere near the hysteria of the Wii. (And considering there's nothing close to Wii Sports, of course not lol)



lol @ the people having to sell deluxe versions @ the price of normals on ebay, this chick only wanted a $200 mark up lol.
Prices I'm sure will go up closer to x-mas cause then parents may see that they are not in stores ever.

But I hate people who buy tons of shit and try to re-sell them. I hope they all lose hundreds of dollars doing it
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 04:05   Link #344
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Prices I'm sure will go up closer to x-mas cause then parents may see that they are not in stores ever.
They'll just buy Wiis (or Ps360s) instead lol, people forget the that when the ps3 sold 50 million the ps2 nearly sold the same amount in that timeframe. Not saying the Wii is going to be another Ps2 (nothing will be, same with DS for handhelds), but it's going to hurt the Wii U's sales in any region outside of Japan, same for DS and 3DS, the Wii and DS outsold the Wii U and 3DS during thanksgiving week in america...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 08:43   Link #345
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Well the Wii U is definitely no Wii... only sold 20k this week in Japan...



Europe seems to want no part of it....

Also lol @ the Nintendo USA PR spin for the Wii U > Wii because of revenue, if you applied the same reasoning to the PS3 (which had a crap launch) than the PS3 shits over both of them for launch. That was just a sad display of PR spin... especially when news that the Gamecube had a better software launch comes out a week later...

This just shows that no matter how many copies Mario Kart or NSMB sold on Wii the most important game for them was Wii Sports. N64 and Gamecube had Mario Kart, they had Mario (3d) and they still got smashed by Sony. And Nintendo Land is no Wii Sports...

It's going to be hilarious if the big scoop one of the Nintendo mags is hinting @ is just a console port of the 3DS Resident Evil.... a port that the PS360 is also going to get.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 10:36   Link #346
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
This just shows that no matter how many copies Mario Kart or NSMB sold on Wii the most important game for them was Wii Sports. N64 and Gamecube had Mario Kart, they had Mario (3d) and they still got smashed by Sony. And Nintendo Land is no Wii Sports...

It's going to be hilarious if the big scoop one of the Nintendo mags is hinting @ is just a console port of the 3DS Resident Evil.... a port that the PS360 is also going to get.
Not sure what you are trying to say, but it wasn't sony who made the PS brand successful, it was the 3rd part devs, who choose to support this platform at that time only. You have a similar situation during the SNES era. PS brand has been in decline since Xbox became a serious alternative for 3rd part devs. This generation will be interesting because of steam's pc/console, the next PS, the next XBox and that andriod thing.
So I predict that there will be not clear market leader anymore, for a lot of reasons, considering that digital distribution isn't tracked by anyone software sales are hard to predict and to verify. This generation will be completely different, somehow comparable to the move from music CD and DVD to DD. Publishers and developers who are planing to stick to physical copies only will be history after this console generation., and we will see more devs trying to directly sell their titles on DD platforms to the audience. Seeing what is going on on Wii U's eshop, PSN and Xboxlive, I would say that big publishers won't be as relevant as in last generation.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 11:07   Link #347
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Considering the important amount of people who don't have their console hooked up to the Internet, I wouldn't say that publishers staying physical copy only will be history. But it's definitely more profitable to do both physical and digital.
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 12:26   Link #348
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well the Wii U is definitely no Wii... only sold 20k this week in Japan...



Europe seems to want no part of it....

Also lol @ the Nintendo USA PR spin for the Wii U > Wii because of revenue, if you applied the same reasoning to the PS3 (which had a crap launch) than the PS3 shits over both of them for launch. That was just a sad display of PR spin... especially when news that the Gamecube had a better software launch comes out a week later...

This just shows that no matter how many copies Mario Kart or NSMB sold on Wii the most important game for them was Wii Sports. N64 and Gamecube had Mario Kart, they had Mario (3d) and they still got smashed by Sony. And Nintendo Land is no Wii Sports...

It's going to be hilarious if the big scoop one of the Nintendo mags is hinting @ is just a console port of the 3DS Resident Evil.... a port that the PS360 is also going to get.
You seem to be forgetting that WiiU doesn't have any games. None of their first party system sellers are out yet. There's no Zelda, no Smash Bros, and no 3D Mario adventure. Of course it's doing worse than the Wii.

You also can't compare Nintendo's business model to Sony's. The PS2 thrived because of its large library of third party titles. All modern Nintendo systems on the other hand rely on Nintendo games.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 05:02   Link #349
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Some good news for monhun fans. 3U is getting an update, in april, that enables off TV play, and cross region for americas and europe!

Source: capcom

Nevertheless MonHun is a really hardcore game and not for everyones taste. I don't think a short demo gives a good impression, but a demo is available on eshop.
Problem is, this game needs a bit of time and patience to get into, that some gamers may lack, and possible a big reason why monster hunter never was a real success in the west. But once it clicks in your head it is so addictive, that you might not want to play another game for the next few months.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 07:13   Link #350
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Wii U sold 57k in a 5 week Januray NPD period... not even the $599 PS3 reached those lows... (73k was the lowest it ever did in an NPD) not saying that the ps3 had a good launch, just that the Wii U's is ever worse.... I remember the NPD threads on neogaf being ps3 vs Gameboy Advance to see what would sell more lol..

Also hit sub 10k in Japan even faster than the Vita did...

360 is going to overtake the Wii for American sales sometime this year, they really dropped the ball with the Wii to Wii U transition, Ps2 still sold another 50 million after the ps3 came out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You seem to be forgetting that WiiU doesn't have any games. None of their first party system sellers are out yet. There's no Zelda, no Smash Bros, and no 3D Mario adventure. Of course it's doing worse than the Wii.
NSMB Wii U was a launch title, to be blunt it shits over all 3 series you just mentioned when it comes to sales.

vgchartz figures (lol)

NSMB Wii = 26.65 million

vs

Smash Wii = 11.54 million
Galaxy = 10.71
Galaxy 2 = 6.99 million
Twilight Princess = 6.74 million
Skyward Sword = 3.61 million

People forget that they had 3d mario, zelda and smash all along, didn't help them much in Japan with the n64 where it got smashed by the PSX and outsold by the Saturn, didn't help them with the Gamecube where they got relegated to third place by a newcomer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Some good news for monhun fans. 3U is getting an update, in april, that enables off TV play, and cross region for americas and europe
Good of Capcom to do that, always thought they didn't want to do off screen so it wouldn't compete with 3ds sales.. still gonna get it on 3ds though.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 16:33   Link #351
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New England
Age: 31
My guess is that Wii U will get an installed base comparable to GameCube in a 4 year period, maybe 5 years. The GameCube only sold around 23 million units, IIRC.

I hope the Wii U sells that many units in it's life time. The thing is, I'm kind of worried about the system. If it gets GameCube level sales, that isn't so bad. Poor, but it could be worse. I'm just afraid of this system ending up being a failure. I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid, so I wanna see Nintendo succeed.

I'd like to get a Wii U. The 3rd party support will be poor. If a game is on Wii U and on at least one other console or PC, chances definitely are the other version/s will be better, especially with PS4 and XBox 3 around the corner. I'll be like most any Wii U owner, the main reason getting the system will be for Nintendo games on Wii U. I will also get any 3rd party exclusives for it that are good. Basically, it is like Wii all over again. : -\ At least the graphics are good this time around and in HD. I expect this system to have a library like Wii (Nintendo games and the occasional 3rd party gem), but without the great sales of the Wii. : -\

I've followed some things on the next XBox. From what I know about it, I think I'll pass. The PS4 sounds much better to me so far. I think I'll end up going with PC and PS4. That is all I need for gaming these days, but I just gotta make time for some Nintendo games on Wii U, so I really think I'll end up getting a Wii U. I just don't know when. Kind of recently I ended up with some cash (more than enough to buy a Wii U) and I've had no need for it for necessities and so far I'm just holding it for leisure spending and I was thinking of getting a Wii U with it, but now I might just hold on to it until the PS4 launch (if I can) and then get a PS4 with the money. This amount of money should buy a PS4 or at least pay for most of it.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic38963_5.gif
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 17:38   Link #352
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Mian reason WiiU probably isnt doing so well? It brings nothing new to the table. It's basically just WiiHD, so it's now on par with the PS3 and 360. Its new gimmick? A tablet controller. That's not really a "must have" sort of gimmick like 3D or Motion controls.

None of the next gen consoles sound appealing to me, and thus far I have a feeling I'll just pass on consoles in general from here on out. Stick with hand helds and PCs.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 19:07   Link #353
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
I have a Wii U console, and I want to play some games from the previous Wii console generation. However, the Wii U system seems like it doesn't identifies them and cannot play them.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 20:36   Link #354
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
A theory behind January's weak Wii U sales

Source: Gamasutra.com
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 23:29   Link #355
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New England
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I have a Wii U console, and I want to play some games from the previous Wii console generation. However, the Wii U system seems like it doesn't identifies them and cannot play them.
Work with Nintendo's technical support. They should be able to figure out why it is happening. Perhaps you need a whole new system. Maybe yours is defective. I'm just guessing, though.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic38963_5.gif
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 23:33   Link #356
Crimson Cloak
We Like Ike
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I have a Wii U console, and I want to play some games from the previous Wii console generation. However, the Wii U system seems like it doesn't identifies them and cannot play them.
In order to play Wii games on the Wii U you have to go to the Wii dashboard.
__________________
Crimson Cloak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 08:40   Link #357
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
At least the graphics are good this time around and in HD.
The Wii's graphics were also good. Don't fall for the HD marketing trap.
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:20   Link #358
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloak View Post
In order to play Wii games on the Wii U you have to go to the Wii dashboard.
According to this article in the link below, the Wii U GamePad neither can identify nor play Wii games. However, it is possible to play Wii games on the Wii U by using the Wii accesories such as the Wii Remote Plus, Nunchuk, Balance board, etc., since Wii U is backward compatible to not only play the Wii discs but also have the Wii controllers connect into the console. The games can be seen in the TV screen but not in the Wii U GamePad screen.

http://www.gizmag.com/wii-u-gamepad-no-wii/25026/
http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/built-i...ware/wii-menu/

I do not want to purchase Wii controllers, since pretty much I disliked the Wii console from the time it was announced for release by Nintendo six years ago.

I'll have no other choice but to hope that Nintendo releases Wii U versions for some of the games that were released first for the Wii console.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 09:42   Link #359
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
If you bought the Wii games, why not just buy the Wiimote?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:32   Link #360
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I do not want to purchase Wii controllers, since pretty much I disliked the Wii console from the time it was announced for release by Nintendo six years ago.

I'll have no other choice but to hope that Nintendo releases Wii U versions for some of the games that were released first for the Wii console.
Sounds like you are your own problem.
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nintendo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.