AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-16, 16:29   Link #1501
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
That I remember all the loved Gold Saint NEVER were Killed, and by loved I obviously mean Shaka, Dohko, MU, Aioria and Milo
Loved by you? Because that's not a reason. Camus and Saga, for instance, are far more popular and plot-relevant than the likes of Milo or Aldebaran.
Gold Saints died when they either were evil or their deaths would have a meaning - and dramatic ones at that - while a Milo or Aldebaran dying at that point wouldn't really have any weight on the story.

And of course Dohko was alive until Hades, not exactly because he was "loved", but because that was the whole point of his character being still alive.

Last edited by Goty; 2013-01-16 at 16:40.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 18:08   Link #1502
TCman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Emm... That's difficult to say. Maybe Sonia just lost all her powers as a saint (and can't become one ever again) which is symbolized by vaporizing her cloth including that dress, while having e.g. amnesia, I guess. Looking at the new OP suggests Sonia has a bigger role, maybe?
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:06   Link #1503
belxebu
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Loved by you? Because that's not a reason. Camus and Saga, for instance, are far more popular and plot-relevant than the likes of Milo or Aldebaran.
Will is true that Both Camus and Saga, and even Shura were loved Characters by maybe all the fans, is also true that they became loved by all AFTER or BECAUSE their deaths.

That Aldebaran didn't survived even ONE fight in the Hades arc prove all my point, because he wasn't really popular, at least not so much like Milo, that was the first Gold Saint (alive and with the cloth) that we meet in the series, damn, he was so popular that TOEI even made up some history to put him more in the anime, when he destroyed the Andromeda Island.

Quote:
Gold Saints died when they either were evil or their deaths would have a meaning - and dramatic ones at that - while a Milo or Aldebaran dying at that point wouldn't really have any weight on the story.
But Aldebaran died in the Hades arc, and his death didn't had any meaning and wasn't even dramatic, he died off screen by some small fry enemy.

Quote:
And of course Dohko was alive until Hades, not exactly because he was "loved", but because that was the whole point of his character being still alive.
Is because he was so popular that he became an important part of the series, simple like that, popularity keeps you alive and even revive you if you die, and in Dohko's case even make you younger.
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:34   Link #1504
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
Will is true that Both Camus and Saga, and even Shura were loved Characters by maybe all the fans, is also true that they became loved by all AFTER or BECAUSE their deaths.
Except for Aiolia and Mu, the other Gold Saints had barely appeared or done anything worth mentioning before the Sanctuary arc started. So how would they be "loved" already? It was the Sanctuary arc that ultimately defined the popularity of all Gold Saints, regardless of them dying or not.

Quote:
That Aldebaran didn't survived even ONE fight in the Hades arc prove all my point, because he wasn't really popular, at least not so much like Milo, that was the first Gold Saint (alive and with the cloth) that we meet in the series, damn, he was so popular that TOEI even made up some history to put him more in the anime, when he destroyed the Andromeda Island.
But then Kurumada could've easily killed off Aldebaran in the Sanctuary arc too. I'm just saying whatever happened in that particular arc had nothing to do with "being loved". Camus, for instance, needed to go for Hyoga to learn his lesson. Saga needed to go to pay for his sins and also as a set up for Kanon in the next arc.

I don't think Milo was that popular. You say Shura, Camus and Saga had to die to become popular, but Milo did what, again? He did nothing before the Sanctuary arc, and his battle there wasn't really memorable either. He barely had a personalty and lacked a connection with any of the main characters. Probably his big moment in the whole series was his scene with Kanon, which didn't come up until much later.
That filler felt more like Toei trying to give him something. Anyway, the original anime had so many fillers and plot changes that it should barely account for anything.


Quote:
Is because he was so popular that he became an important part of the series, simple like that, popularity keeps you alive and even revive you if you die, and in Dohko's case even make you younger.
That would be assuming Kurumada just made him sit there all the time and forbidden to leave for no reason at all.
I don't think Kurumada is very good on planning ahead, but with Dohko i believe he was setting him up as an important character since early on. There were plenty of hints.

Last edited by Goty; 2013-01-17 at 14:48. Reason: spelling
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:38   Link #1505
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
But Aldebaran died in the Hades arc, and his death didn't had any meaning and wasn't even dramatic, he died off screen by some small fry enemy.
Deep Niobe isn’t a small fry. His technique, Deep Fragrance, is pure deadly. In fact, he can take out any Gold Saint who has no idea how his technique works or doesn’t have any technique that can counter Deep Fragrance. IIRC Mu was lucky he got warned by Aldebaran’s post-death cosmo and have Crystal Wall as shield, and Pisces Albafica was also lucky that he has the fragrance of his roses to counter Deep Fragrance.

That said, Aldebaran is simply unfortunate since he got ambushed and has no counter technique against Deep Fragrance. All he can do is to bring the enemy down with him, which he did and saved other Saints from getting killed by Deep Niobe's lethal technique.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 02:46   Link #1506
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I don't think Milo was that popular. You say Shura, Camus and Saga had to die to become popular, but Milo did what, again? He did nothing before the Sanctuary arc, and his battle there wasn't really memorable either. He barely had a personalty and lacked a conenction with any of the main characters. Probably his big moment in the whole series was his scene with Kanon, which didn't come up until much later.
Milo was very popular. Mu, aioria and Milo were part of the "trinity". He was the first gold saint to show up in the series. I am going as far as saying that the following signs always have a special place in Saint Seiya: Aries, Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpion, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Capricorn.

PS. Milo, Saga and Camus were, in my opinion the coolest looking gold saints in the original series. Also his techniques and attacks are very sexy! :P


Spoiler for For sexiness factor::


Double PS: My point of view is objective and totally non biased.
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2013-01-17 at 03:04.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 05:20   Link #1507
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
^ LOL @ "Objective and non-biased".

I’d say your comments are quite subjective, especially this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
PS. Milo, Saga and Camus were, in my opinion the coolest looking gold saints in the original series. Also his techniques and attacks are very sexy! :P
Spoiler for For sexiness factor::
Double PS: My point of view is objective and totally non biased.

Also, given how much you emphasis on your zodiac sign (Scorpio) all this time:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I hope Sonia represents my zodiac sign well. All other scorpion gold saints have been great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Well at least this being the episode representing my zodiac sign I am sure it was the best the whole series has to offer :P
makes your POV or opinion pretty much biased.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 12:27   Link #1508
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Yes, I think that was the joke.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 13:03   Link #1509
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yes, I think that was the joke.
I don't think he was joking though, aside from the ":P".
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 13:53   Link #1510
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Of course I am not joking! My analysis on Saint Seiya is absolute and devoid of subjectivity.
Justin_Brett how dare you entertain the idea that I would ever be in the mood for joking. Shame on you.
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 14:02   Link #1511
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
well still look likes her "supposed death" still with no real confirmation, well let's see next episode, indeed i see her have some sort of importance to just die now, her character was left with no closure to her development(even near death she or soma not was able to free her from her doubts

well like i told before i'm still not buying her death until a official confirmation.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:26   Link #1512
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Of course I am not joking!
See Justin? He's not joking. There's no way anybody will write that many things in a post regarding the fame of Scorpio Milo only for sarcasm.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:39   Link #1513
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
What is sarcasm?
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 16:34   Link #1514
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Someone watching this show and not having a sense of irony? That's just shocking.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 16:41   Link #1515
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Spoiler for Episode 41 preview pic:


In other news, Tokisada's profile on the official website confirms that the Aquarius cloth has been cursed by Medea.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:06   Link #1516
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for Episode 41 preview pic:
Wait a minute. Does that mean the houses-of-zodiacs we're watching in this arc are the original ones? I thought Mars destroyed them all and build the new ones?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:24   Link #1517
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
I thought Mars modified the way 12 Temples worked tovcarry out his plan.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:56   Link #1518
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
I guess he missed that wall in particular? Or just didn't bother since Seiya was never gonna be on his side.

Good thing it wasn't in Gemini's temple.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 18:29   Link #1519
AGear2Ax
ClearMind
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wait a minute. Does that mean the houses-of-zodiacs we're watching in this arc are the original ones? I thought Mars destroyed them all and build the new ones?
Maybe it is a replica made by Seiya's Spirit to just mock Mars and give a message to the young ones or... Mars is secretly a fan of Aiolos and could bring himself to let that wall be missed.
__________________
After my departure, the truth behind my words will be revealed.
AGear2Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 19:25   Link #1520
sirtao
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wait a minute. Does that mean the houses-of-zodiacs we're watching in this arc are the original ones? I thought Mars destroyed them all and build the new ones?
Mars recycled the ruins of the original Sanctuary to build his new one.
Sure, it's against the law and every possible building standard, but it's not like Disco Babel would have got OK'd in first place without Mars bribing half Greece.
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.