AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 19:24   Link #2181
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
somebody is going to die yeah right

but I'm afraid Kenpachi might learn stuff like shikai or bankai through this, I would really prefer a ridiculous powerup like that kendo stuff he pulled against Noitorra, I still don't know if this was an brilliant or stupid idea tbh hahaha

btw I'm also a bit lost with Unohana's new old personality and that drastic change of her apearenc
Old 2013-01-17, 19:46   Link #2182
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I hope we will not see the true form of the zanpakuto of Unohana during combat "training"
-_-
Old 2013-01-17, 19:51   Link #2183
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I think this chapter calls for some appropriate background music. Anybody know a good DragonForce song to use for the Yachiru-Classic and Kenny pages?
anything would be better then listening to dragonforce live. just youtube them live and see what i mean.
perhaps "through the fire and flames"? i dunno tbh

I must have read a bad translation cause the chapter hardly mad any sense at all, that or kubo is using some strange grammar.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:54   Link #2184
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

and I hope none of them dies, for example we see Unohana SERIOUSLY hurt ... or zaraki
:/
Old 2013-01-17, 20:10   Link #2185
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

If anyone's getting trolled, it's Uno, since Zaraki just came out of a coma...guess he didn't get as fucked up as the Zombie, Rukia and Renji apparently did.

But as for one dying? Come on now...

Ken Ken better be getting bankai out of this and learn his sword's name...which is the only reason why I didn't have a cow about him getting cut down in the first place.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:18   Link #2186
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I wonder how Isane react if she learned of his past Captain Unohana...
Old 2013-01-17, 22:47   Link #2187
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I like how Shunsui's gone all Nick Fury and is the man in charge but I already the miss lazy, grab-ass Shunsui. Still, he seems to be a more tactical commander than Yamamoto. He's maybe not even among the top 3 most powerful shinigami in the Gotei 13 (if you count Ichigo), but he knows how to best use his soldiers and how to make them stronger.

The Unohana/Zaraki connection is very exciting. Even though it was pretty much given that Unohana was some kind of über badass who was probably hiding a violent side, I would've never guessed she was a Kenpachi. Two characters who've never shared any kind of interaction until now suddenly have a past together--and it was done in a very believable way that doesn't feel contrived.

Also, Unohana's expressions this chapter were spot-on creepy. Kubo did a great job of making her look serene, but somehow as crazy as Zaraki. I'm hoping that thing about her giving up her life (Zaraki's definitely not going to die) turns out to be b.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki Chan
I wonder how Isane react if she learned of his past Captain Unohana...
We sure Isane doesn't know? I'm sure Unohana doesn't mention her past, but I don't think she would try to hide it either.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 23:04   Link #2188
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
We sure Isane doesn't know? I'm sure Unohana doesn't mention her past, but I don't think she would try to hide it either.
I think it is obvious that Unohana hides his past, and aside from some person (Kyoraku, Yamamoto and probably other) there are some who do not even know his past Unohana ... as Byakuya, soi fon, hitsugaya ect ... and therefore also Isane ... because why change the name and hide his scar ... In any case I'm sure Isane is one of few who know not for the past Unohana
Old 2013-01-18, 03:55   Link #2189
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAJ View Post
So, what were they going for when they said Yamamoto "bought" his power?
yama sought out her power

go to the *****stream instead of *****reader
Old 2013-01-18, 06:42   Link #2190
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
btw I'm also a bit lost with Unohana's new old personality and that drastic change of her apearenc
Her appearance isn't any different. It's just that now her hair isn't tied in front of her chest scar.

In anime and manga, changing the hair style a bit can make a character look a lot different, even if their face is still the same.
Old 2013-01-18, 18:00   Link #2191
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Her appearance isn't any different. It's just that now her hair isn't tied in front of her chest scar.

In anime and manga, changing the hair style a bit can make a character look a lot different, even if their face is still the same.
exactly! and then we must add his eyes look smaller which adds a scary looking face has its
Old 2013-01-18, 20:36   Link #2192
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I think it is obvious that Unohana hides his past, and aside from some person (Kyoraku, Yamamoto and probably other) there are some who do not even know his past Unohana ... as Byakuya, soi fon, hitsugaya ect ... and therefore also Isane ... because why change the name and hide his scar ... In any case I'm sure Isane is one of few who know not for the past Unohana
That's true, though Yamamoto also went by a different name and usually covered his scars but I don't think he was trying to hide anything about himself. Even when Shunsui asked about the fire "demon" pictured on his wall and Yamamoto didn't explain who it was, I figured it was probably because Shunsui was too young to understand.

I think Yamamoto and Unohana were not proud of their pasts, but acknowledged who they once were. Which is why I think Unohana could've explained to Isane since they're close as captain and VC.

Either way, I would be interesting to see what Isane thinks of the whole thing. Yachiru too.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 21:39   Link #2193
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
That's true, though Yamamoto also went by a different name and usually covered his scars but I don't think he was trying to hide anything about himself. Even when Shunsui asked about the fire "demon" pictured on his wall and Yamamoto didn't explain who it was, I figured it was probably because Shunsui was too young to understand.

I think Yamamoto and Unohana were not proud of their pasts, but acknowledged who they once were. Which is why I think Unohana could've explained to Isane since they're close as captain and VC.

Either way, I would be interesting to see what Isane thinks of the whole thing. Yachiru too.
It is true that we know the Unohana and Isane know are close to each another, but just too close for Unohana reveals his horrible past Isane even if it is his Vice-Captain ... Unohana probably afraid of his reaction ect so I also look forward to the reaction Isane when she discovers the past of her Captain.

maybe someone or Unohana will tell to Isane and it is time to drive where we also learn more about his past ...
Old 2013-01-18, 21:46   Link #2194
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
well that depends on what constitutes good. if winning the game = being good, then yes he is good.
Always based on skill.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 23:02   Link #2195
sayde

I could see Unohana's past being general knowledge amongst the Gotei 13. Afterall, it would definitely further explain why everyone is very quick to listen to her and show fear towards her (even those in Squad 11). Besides, how could you have a former reputation for being the most diabolical criminal ever and not have anyone know about you? One would think the rumors that would stem from such a tainted past alone would prevent it from becoming a complete secret. If anything, I'd imagine that the reason no one had ever talked about it before is because

1.) Kubo didn't create a situation or circumstance for a character to bring up her past (until now)
2.) Her past could be regarded as a taboo topic for open discussion making it the sort of issue you'd eventually hear about in secret but you'd also know not to press the issue too much (perhaps out of respect for Unohana and the new repuation the Gotei 13 has taken over a millennium to build).

Of course, I could be completely wrong. And I probably am. But we'll see.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 23:25   Link #2196
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I could see Unohana's past being general knowledge amongst the Gotei 13. Afterall, it would definitely further explain why everyone is very quick to listen to her and show fear towards her (even those in Squad 11). Besides, how could you have a former reputation for being the most diabolical criminal ever and not have anyone know about you? One would think the rumors that would stem from such a tainted past alone would prevent it from becoming a complete secret. If anything, I'd imagine that the reason no one had ever talked about it before is because

1.) Kubo didn't create a situation or circumstance for a character to bring up her past (until now)
2.) Her past could be regarded as a taboo topic for open discussion making it the sort of issue you'd eventually hear about in secret but you'd also know not to press the issue too much (perhaps out of respect for Unohana and the new repuation the Gotei 13 has taken over a millennium to build).

Of course, I could be completely wrong. And I probably am. But we'll see.
yes maybe ... but I still think that only a minority throughout the Soul Society and Gotei 13 know the past Unohana .... (especially the most ancient ...)
Old 2013-01-19, 14:08   Link #2197
Langus
Optimus Prime

I think there's a reason that low level shinigami who don't work under her have been shown to be terrified of her in the past, or at the very least didn't want to cross her. This suggests to me that there is, like sayde said, an underlying knowledge or rumour of her past. She's part of SS legend in the same way that Yamaji was and Kenpachi is.

But rumours are only rumours. Chiaki chan has a point too - only the higher ups or those who've been around SS long enough would know the true extent of Unohana's past. I would argue that those working under her, even her VC, don't know the whole truth.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:36   Link #2198
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

yes and I confess to having a concern ... Kubo said that Unohana show the true form of his zanpakuto ... shikai and bankai so? I hope it will not be for this fight, "training" against zaraki ... because after that Kyoraku said that one of the two may die ... if it is used bankai and ect then she will everything shown and Unohana die against zaraki will be easy for Kubo ...

and so I hope Unohana never show his shikai and bankai in battle BUT is in a fight against an ... quincy!!!
Old 2013-01-21, 22:19   Link #2199
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Oddly, my first reading, I did not get the impression that they are done their respective injuries. Probably put on the account of my idea of ​​the timeline.
But if that was the case, and I know that many are reluctant to this distinction, I propose the idea of ​​a common measure (or even superiority Zaraki) on the reiatsu.

We are told that Yachiru going to learn and master all styles of combat. So very large caliber. Difficult to ignore the warning and block all feints. Moreover, controlling all fighting styles existing clear combat experience quite exceptional, even a science, an art. It must be a character in Bleach Knowledgeable combat, warfare and the art of killing.
And so far, we have not seen her reitasu, we only assume.
Personally, I maintain that perfect technique and reitasu Captain "normal" enough to either make someone superior to others. Attention, I says that she has a normal reiatsu, just that even if that were the case, his knowledge of combat would make it one of the most powerful.

On the other hand, it was Kenpachi who has his reitasu and exceptional reflexes.

And personally, I see the sheer force break (with a huge chance) technique Unohana to inflict injury. Even more serious is injury, narcissistic. (Because in no doubt, as a criminal she should be very proud).

What makes me say this (this is not my Kenpachisme)

- Ichigo VS Kenpachi: it is the first to have it inflicted a wound, even beating him for ages. After that he meets. It could be a repetition, a tribute to his fight against Yachiru.

- Shunsui announcement, even if it is to be taken lightly, as one of them will die. So how can we say that, if Kenpachi is so inferior to Unohana as a child? I'm not after a long drive he could not rise to his level. But it was not time for a long workout! Shunsui takes this as an urgent decision. So a quick and urgent. If there was such a difference in level, a training bah all captains Unohana and hop coming up pronto. But no, there's that Kenpachi is named. It may therefore be the one to take advantage of this training. To return to the threat of death and emergency Kenpachi must have the means to survive even when the training and worse to compete with Unohana. This is what makes me say that it is only possible if their Reiatsu is equivalent, see higher than Zaraki. So he could be a threat to yachiru and ally fast Shunsui.

-The mockery of Yachiru, for me it means "your reiatsu is balèze, you surprised me, I was too presumptuous (presumption killer?) But now that I'm aware, I'll be careful and you 'll have to find something else that your reiatsu to survive. gonna have you pierce my defense. "

- I remain faithful to my theory of power-ups to make him gain more control of its reitasu (by increasing without increase largely) by the technique.
Old 2013-01-22, 23:53   Link #2200
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

SPOIL:

This chapter mainly talks about Unohana and Kenpachi
Unohana left a letter to Isane, Kenpachi left a pentagon shape thing to Yachiru
Isane cries, Yachiru went silent
The second part of chapter is all about Unohana and Kenpachi killing each other, at the moment. Currently, Kenpachi was in disadvantage

end.

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-01-23 at 00:36.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter