AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-17, 01:41   Link #2261
art37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
does miyumi show in the later chapter?

i really like miyumi, and does she fight and any event?
art37 is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 03:09   Link #2262
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
The kinds of wording and thoughts Mayumi uses in regards to Miyuki is almost like the other woman in an affair kind of situation.

Spoiler for Mayumi later:
SoloPanda is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 04:40   Link #2263
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Hell and Above the Heaven
Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
next is the last part...
cant wait to read....
__________________
HasNoLove is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 13:56   Link #2264
bietchie11
Devil byDay,Demon byNight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
I can't resist posting this....what a lovely ending to chapter 14. Dancing under the moonlight....Thank you so much Seitsuki for this chapter.
1.Read chapter 14.
2.Play some "eye on me"-faye wong
3.???
4. Hnnng.
bietchie11 is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 15:19   Link #2265
bietchie11
Devil byDay,Demon byNight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Hm.. This statement scares me.. because the reason people dislike Morisaki is cause he was arrogant to Tatsuya -- so why are people hating on him so much just for that? It wasn't even that big a deal. Did he harm Miyuki? Did he assault Tatsuya? He was being rude and cocky .. and people hate on his SO much. Why? The most likely answer is people are putting themselves in Tatsuya's shoes .. and that scares me.

It scares me because, although I like Tatsuya, this series is good not because people can step into his shoes and use him for wish fulfillment.. He was not created to be all powerful so we can live vicariously through him.. Well, I sure as hell hope not or the story going forward isn't going to bode well..

Tatsuya's not a hero. He will likely never marry. He will likely never have children. If it became necessary to protect Miyuki he would probably not hesitate to harm innocents, including children .. he's broken. It's not his fault that he's broken, but he is, that is why even though Azusa admires him, she's scared of him. We should all be scared of him. He's more machine than man. He's probably more a villain than Richard Sun's daughter..
Nope, i actually relate to him more than any character i have read.
Everything i want him to do, he did.
His personality is quite similar to me as well.

He is a rational person. He thinks before he act.
Some will praise him being prudent while others will be shocked and awed and call him emotionless machine.

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
If it became necessary to protect Miyuki
If what you complain about is his resolve, his decisive to complete his objective, then :
We might have different philosophy, way of live, principle,... whatever you call it but i think the resolve to do what you believe will never be questioned.

There are things we think it is the right thing to do like: do charity, shoot some terrorist to save civilians, kill some invaders to defend our country,... But still there are people think that is wrong and complain:
"Waste of money, dumb ass"
"these heretics dare defile our gods!"
"why these apes don't stand down and let us invade them, every land is ours!"
Therefore, while i always reflect on my own action, i never stop doing things that i feel right because of this question:" What if it is wrong?"

There are also stupid situations when people don't do things they suppose to do because of some misguide belief and cowardice. Here is an example i think of:
If some terrorist are going to shoot the hostage, polices won't shoot because:
a)all criminals are also human, should be trial and judged judicially, not to be shoot like animals.
Even if it became necessary to protect the hostage, we still shouldn't shoot our fellow human.
b)What if i miss-shoot the hostages?
c)the terrorist's blood will stain my uniform.
(sound silly right? but blood stain, it might not be important to you but it's important to those who treat it as such - some random guy in Nisekoi chapter 55, page 10 & 11)

To sum up, the opposite of resolve, decisive is hesitation, cowardice, wavering. The ones have resolve will get their job done and they will be judged. Some may agree, some may disagree, but they did what they want, that is all matter. Those like Azusa, know what she must do, what she wants to do but afraid of trivial things thus never do it at all, will never leave any mark in history and will be treated in the cruelest way: being forget and treat indifferently.

P/s:
I do learn a lot about him like how being more mature, how to let it go, how to forgive (for your own benefit of course, what else do you think? For your conscience or for your compassion. That stuffs ain't convincing. ).

And Richard's daughter is not bad. Because her father is a villain, you shouldn't treat her as one. She at best has only sin is being arrogant and ignorant.

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-01-18 at 00:21.
bietchie11 is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 17:10   Link #2266
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
^ Okay, you've just sort of appeared out of nowhere and I don't take kindly to people who question my maturity, in particular because you don't know anything about me (nor I you) so that's not a good way to start a discussion. What I would add is, regardless of whether you relate to him, like him, admire him, want to be him -- regardless of all that .. objectively assessing about whether they portray qualities that people in a civil society should admire is something entirely different. I get that you like him a lot, but let's put emotion aside.

Anyways, generally what I would say is: 1) you're not comprehending what I'm writing and have taken it out of the context I wrote it in and 2) your statements about "You gotta do what is necessary for yourself and your loved ones" is all fine and good but flies directly against anyone that is deemed a "hero" willing to sacrifice themselves to save others (including your own example) -- ie. Firemen, Soldiers, etc. Sometimes a hero jumps on a grenade. Sometimes a hero sacrifices his own family for the good of <insert: others, nation, people, world>.

I am not questioning Tatsuya's resolve. I am saying Tatsuya is an artificially altered human with limited emotions and would have only "slight regret" if his own classmates were massacred (Volume 4 Chapter 11) and would do nothing to stop it, even though he can. Heck, if it meant increased safety for Miyuki, he'd go around doing the massacring himself.

I personally like Tatsuya as well. I'm just saying he's not a hero. Heck, he's not even a good person.

PS: -Snip-
__________________
Nyaaaan~~

Last edited by willx; 2013-01-18 at 00:44.
willx is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 17:58   Link #2267
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
^^ wow that was like 10 pages ago... ah well I think Tatsuya is a good guy who is capable of doing very bad things for the right reasons. Ofcourse anyone who disagrees with me is obviously wrong because I'm the king of the internet and I read wiki so I hold all of this worlds correct information!!!
SoloPanda is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 18:40   Link #2268
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
^^

Well, Morisaki is indeed a jerk. I like Tatsuya but I dislike Yotsuba as a whole. In the end, Tatsuya is nothing more than a tool, not to the Yotsuba, but to his sister. The sad reality is that the only thing he can truly love is his sister and Miyuki must live on with the guilt that her family did.

I'd love to see Tatsuya regaining other emotions, or the showdown with Yotsuba. I don't think the shitty thing we call forgiveness should be applied to this series. Yotsuba is the big bad. They're as horrible as other villains in this series. They did inhuman experiment on others, get rid of enemy to protect their clan's standing in society, the thing with other villains in this series do so far (Greater Asian Alliance need to invade Japan for technology and economic purpose, the mafia wants promotion and get rich, Blanche wants to reduce their opponent's military power etc.).

What we got is the flashback in vol.8 concerning what terrible thing happened to the young Maya, and how badass the Yotsuba is, even though they're as low as scums.

And I get a bit annoyed every time Miyuki insult the villains in this series, it should be enough with something like "You bastards!". Her own family seems to be much worse than those "plebeians". I hope that she'll personally kill her own clan too, not just leave the dirty job to her brother.

Guys! How about you put yourselves into the Chinese shoes?
Kleeyook is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 18:58   Link #2269
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Hell and Above the Heaven
Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
heii..
is MKnR dont have social grup..??


a nice picture got from MKnR grup at FB
Spoiler for pic:
__________________
HasNoLove is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 20:17   Link #2270
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ Okay, you've just sort of appeared out of nowhere and I don't take kindly to people who question my maturity, in particular because you don't know anything about me (nor I you) so that's not a good way to start a discussion. What I would add is, regardless of whether you relate to him, like him, admire him, want to be him -- regardless of all that .. objectively assessing about whether they portray qualities that people in a civil society should admire is something entirely different. I get that you like him a lot, but let's put emotion aside.

Anyways, generally what I would say is: 1) you're not comprehending what I'm writing and have taken it out of the context I wrote it in and 2) your statements about "You gotta do what is necessary for yourself and your loved ones" is all fine and good but flies directly against anyone that is deemed a "hero" willing to sacrifice themselves to save others (including your own example) -- ie. Firemen, Soldiers, etc. Sometimes a hero jumps on a grenade. Sometimes a hero sacrifices his own family for the good of <insert: others, nation, people, world>.

I am not questioning Tatsuya's resolve. I am saying Tatsuya is an artificially altered human with limited emotions and would have only "slight regret" if his own classmates were massacred (Volume 4 Chapter 11) and would do nothing to stop it, even though he can. Heck, if it meant increased safety for Miyuki, he'd go around doing the massacring himself.

I personally like Tatsuya as well. I'm just saying he's not a hero. Heck, he's not even a good person.

PS: Although your message was directed at me initially, I do also note that you broadly paint anyone that thinks a particular way "a boy" vs "a man" -- that's generally rude to anyone and everyone that disagrees with you. Maybe you should keep an open mind and maybe change that? If you care to edit your post, I'm happy to do so as well to remove any reference to it, I don't think being rude is necessary.
You think so? There is no person in the world who lives their lives to help others. There are only people who live their lives as they see fit. Those "heroes" you mentioned as examples are the same. They don't do what they do because its their purpose but because its what they want to do it, whatever that motivation may be. In Tatsuya's case, he would save someone like his mother back in the flashback arc because he didn't want to see Miyuki sad. He saved another's life so that his loved one wouldn't be sad. That doesn't make him a good person? I know for a fact that he mourned the first Sakurai's death after she expended her life force to protect him. He desires the destruction of the Yotsuba because he knows that their actions are wrong, not just for Miyuki's sake.

As you said, Tatsuya's emotions were artificially altered after he was born. In other words, he was not born with no emotions so he knows what it felt like to have them. So he can still deduce what he should be feeling. He has even stated that when he looks inside himself he can feel the absence of emotions (Vol 1).

In the present, what of Lina? He did not kill her when he had the chance. He empathized with her plight as they were both tools for their countries. He even promised to help her leave the military someday. This was not just for Miyuki. Just because he can't feel his emotions strongly doesn't mean he can't feel them at all. Tatsuya has motivations of his own.

In the end, Tatsuya acts to the best of his abilities just like any other person. You say he would massacre innocent lives to save Miyuki, the one eprson he loves. I think any one of us would do the same after much agony. Tatsuya can just skip that part and get to it, but I'm sure that he would try to find another way.

^Nice picture by the way. The scarf is a little random and that coat looks wrong on Tatsuya for some reason.
blackwhite67 is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 20:30   Link #2271
henzaeroz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post

I personally like Tatsuya as well. I'm just saying he's not a hero. Heck, he's not even a good person.
yep i totally agree with you.

but i love the ANTI - Hero type MC

like Light Yagami from Death Note or Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass (he would do everything for the sake of Nunally, he was a great brother too).

or probably like Kazuma Yagami from Kaze no Stigma

they're quite rare MC

Last edited by henzaeroz; 2013-01-17 at 20:44.
henzaeroz is offline  
Old 2013-01-17, 22:17   Link #2272
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
@blackwhite67 - I'm not thinking anything, the author told us specifically that Tatsuya wouldn't act to prevent the massacre of his classmates in V4C11. He would not be acting to the best of his abilities. The author specifically lays it out. With regards to your spoilers, you should re-read those summaries because there's something you're missing:

Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming him for his affliction nor do I believe people can be completely altruistic, but I am simply objectively stating a position that is backed up by the author's own characterizations that people don't directly refute but seem to have trouble accepting. I can address any and all points you made above, but it'll be needlessly time consuming. So again, read V4C11 .. Think about it and ask yourself whether he is a Hero or a "good person" or neither?
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline  
Old 2013-01-18, 00:00   Link #2273
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
What's the definition of a hero anyway? Shirou had the same problem. The path he ended up choosing, is it wrong? Sure, Tatsuya isn't everyone's hero. Justice and the like don't concern him at all. But he is Miyuki's hero. Should we think any less of him for that?

/not biased by shipping at all
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline  
Old 2013-01-18, 00:07   Link #2274
Dreyakis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
But he is Miyuki's hero.
Sei, that's the simplest, most beautiful thing I've read all day. Bless you. /actually not biased.

Motivation found! Ten more pages tonight!
__________________
No angel ever decided from the heavens with our sound and fury.

Click here to see the current progression for the last chapter on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!
Dreyakis is offline  
Old 2013-01-18, 00:12   Link #2275
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
^ Aw, that is beautiful. Anyways, I'm going to stop raining on people's parades -- the very start of this conversation (decades ago!) was someone had to stand up for the poor Class 1 students

EDIT: Seitsuki is now my hero twice. For motivating Dreyakis and for giving me Yuutousei! You get some too Dreyakis!

EDIT 2: If there were ever any doubt, I'm rooting for Tatsuya immensely, I however am a terrible terrible villainous person.. *cough*
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline  
Old 2013-01-18, 00:16   Link #2276
bietchie11
Devil byDay,Demon byNight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
^^ wow that was like 10 pages ago... ah well I think Tatsuya is a good guy who is capable of doing very bad things for the right reasons. Ofcourse anyone who disagrees with me is obviously wrong because I'm the king of the internet and I read wiki so I hold all of this worlds correct information!!!
Because i have habit to roll back to the previous pages after a long time i don't visit the forum so...
bietchie11 is offline  
Old 2013-01-18, 00:36   Link #2277
bietchie11
Devil byDay,Demon byNight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ Aw, that is beautiful. Anyways, I'm going to stop raining on people's parades -- the very start of this conversation (decades ago!) was someone had to stand up for the poor Class 1 students

EDIT: Seitsuki is now my hero twice. For motivating Dreyakis and for giving me Yuutousei! You get some too Dreyakis!

EDIT 2: If there were ever any doubt, I'm rooting for Tatsuya immensely, I however am a terrible terrible villainous person.. *cough*
Nope you are an ok guy.
Just confused on a few concept.

I'm far more ruthless i think.

P/S: is that Chapter Badge of the Blood Angels, Dreyakis?
bietchie11 is offline  
Old 2013-01-18, 01:10   Link #2278
Chirst
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
But he is Miyuki's hero.
It's the line that I want to hear the most from every readers
Chirst is offline  
Old 2013-01-18, 01:29   Link #2279
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Basically he's like Accelerator.....
Its only a one way road to hell.....!!!
__________________


Boredom can kill you~
pampz21 is online now  
Old 2013-01-18, 02:26   Link #2280
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
He may be Miyuki's hero in many ways...

but I'm on board the ship of him and Mayumi (not that there's really any ship in the first place, since as been pointed out, he's still more "machine" in any emotional aspects than he is human)
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.