AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-18, 15:36   Link #81
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
I'd rather see a Naruhina attack than what we got tbh. Kurama giving out chakra willy nilly? More Neiji remembrance? More of Ino-Shinka-Chouji combo? I'm getting tired of it, Naruhina combo would at least move things along and be different.
A NaruHina attack would have imploded the fandom. We've seen enough of Hinata as main heroine.

At least Super Ino-Shika-Cho makes some sense if they are following Shikaku's plan. What doesn't make sense is why Madara just doesn't kill Shikamaru now? You know, the guy leading the effort to hold the most powerful thing that ever existed? You kill him and the Juubi is free. But I am sure Madara will make a bored joke instead. And he wonders why he always loses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Ino still being in love with Sasuke was terrible. I always thought she did that just to piss off Sakura but now it seems to be "real". Way to ruin what little devolopment she had. Has she even spoken to him or had any interaction with him throughout the series?
Just watch. Karin will also still be in love with Sasuke. But at least Karin and Sakura actually spent time with Sasuke and talked to him. Ino is just a joke.
__________________

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-01-19 at 05:54.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 17:42   Link #82
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 21
Ino still being inlove probably has something to do with Sasuke's return in the future. Atleast I hope so
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 18:49   Link #83
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Just watch. Karin will also still be in love with Sasuke. But at least Karin and Sakura actually spent time with Sasuke and talked to him. Ino is just a joke.
I don't know, Karin seemed pretty done with him. Ino and Sakura always seemed to hold out hope for him, be it as a returning friend or, more recently, a returning love interest. Karin said he could go to hell for all she cared.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 18:50   Link #84
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
A NaruHina attack would have imploded the fandom. We've seen enough of Hinata as main heroine.

At least Super Ino-Shika-Cho makes some sense if they are following Shikaku's plan. What doesn't make sense is why Madara just doesn't kill Shikamaru now? You know, the guy leading the effort to hold the most powerful thing that ever existed? You kill him and the Juubi is free. But I am sure Madara will make a bored joke instead. And he wonders why he always loses.
Ino-Shinka-cho is all they EVER do. Like Madara said its predictable. I personally think its played out and a bit redundant. Doesn't being retrained by Chouji and being retrained by shadows the same thing? I never got why this was such a brilliant strategy.
They didn't kill Shinkamaru because he is just one Nara doing the binding. Also they had to use talk no jutsu on the alliance.

Quote:
Just watch. Karin will also still be in love with Sasuke. But at least Karin and Sakura actually spent time with Sasuke and talked to him. Ino is just a joke.
Girls tend to like bad boys though, so maybe Kishi does know women better than you give him credit for. Stabbing them through the gut is one of the baddest things you can do so it's no wonder Karin wOuld still be in love with him.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 19:42   Link #85
Artful Dodger
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Overreacting going on as usual... Sasuke was indeed a love interest for Ino, and under the context of what her father was telling her in that particular panel (yes, a part I Sasuke that Ino liked was shown in one panel of the flashback along with other part I characters), I don't see any big deal. There were multiple characters shown, as there was obviously a point being made which involved her feelings towards certain friends in her life, but of course all of this goes out the window and its all "stupid" because Sasuke happens to be in one of the panels.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 20:21   Link #86
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
At least Super Ino-Shika-Cho makes some sense if they are following Shikaku's plan. What doesn't make sense is why Madara just doesn't kill Shikamaru now? You know, the guy leading the effort to hold the most powerful thing that ever existed? You kill him and the Juubi is free.
This chapter was only the 1st part of Shikaku's plan, Shikamaru doesn't take any particularly important part right now in the plan since he is only one of the guys who uses the shadow binding jutsu. And even powered up as they are now they'll probably last less than a minute so the 2nd part of the plan has to be executed soon. My guess is that the second part of the plan won't be particularly smart, it'll just be to attack the 2 guys controlling the 10-tails but this time powered up by the kyuubi's chakra. But there was an important part in Shikaku's speech, he left Shikamaru to think of a better plan if his fails, which obviously will fail, so Shikamaru will probably play an important role in making a new plan to help Naruto when this plan fails.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 23:00   Link #87
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Overreacting going on as usual... Sasuke was indeed a love interest for Ino, and under the context of what her father was telling her in that particular panel (yes, a part I Sasuke that Ino liked was shown in one panel of the flashback along with other part I characters), I don't see any big deal. There were multiple characters shown, as there was obviously a point being made which involved her feelings towards certain friends in her life, but of course all of this goes out the window and its all "stupid" because Sasuke happens to be in one of the panels.
Sasuke showing up in her flashbacks is stupid because he has no idea she exists. I can't even name one interaction between them in part 1. This was supposed to be a deep moment for her and some guy whom she has no interaction with is taking up her attention while her father is about to die.
Ino's father is probaly turning in his grave knowing that while he was dying, his daughter was daydreaming about some war criminal.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 00:35   Link #88
Artful Dodger
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
You're all hilarious, she didn't transition us into a Sasuke documentary. She had a brief retrospect of her past and Sasuke showed up in a single panel as her main love interest back then, under context of the narration. There were multiple people “taking up her attention”, its really not that big a deal.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 00:42   Link #89
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
I have to agree with Artful Dodger here, Sasuke showing up was just an afterthought, the main theme there was Inochi being proud of how Ino stood up for her friends.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 04:10   Link #90
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
You're all hilarious, she didn't transition us into a Sasuke documentary. She had a brief retrospect of her past and Sasuke showed up in a single panel as her main love interest back then, under context of the narration. There were multiple people “taking up her attention”, its really not that big a deal.
The main reason for complaints is really simple: Kishimoto is trying to reinforce Sasuke's presence in the story and his bonds with other characters so hard that it becomes unnatural. He's overdoing it, things simply do not connect naturally, it feels forced. Of course if Sasuke is your favourite character you probably won't feel it being forced, so the whole thing is subjective.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 04:47   Link #91
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The main reason for complaints is really simple: Kishimoto is trying to reinforce Sasuke's presence in the story and his bonds with other characters so hard that it becomes unnatural. He's overdoing it, things simply do not connect naturally, it feels forced. Of course if Sasuke is your favourite character you probably won't feel it being forced, so the whole thing is subjective.
Yes, exactly this. It is oversold. Showing her and Sakura or her teammates seems natural because we know they have history together. Hell even showing Sai would be more realistic since they had a brief exchange.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 06:34   Link #92
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The main reason for complaints is really simple: Kishimoto is trying to reinforce Sasuke's presence in the story and his bonds with other characters so hard that it becomes unnatural. He's overdoing it, things simply do not connect naturally, it feels forced. Of course if Sasuke is your favourite character you probably won't feel it being forced, so the whole thing is subjective.
I find Sasuke to be a sad joke, a pathetic caricature of himself and a textbook example of what happen to a character when its author doesn't really know what to do with it but Artful Dodger is right. You're, as usual, both completely overreacting like all the time Sasuke appears in the story.
It's perfectly natural and in character for Ino to have a fleeting thought about Sasuke when being talked about love since he was her love interest. Hell only a few weeks ago in the story she was shown sobbing when the rookies decided that they had to find and kill him.

As far as Kyubi powered InoShikaCho, of course that's what they did. That was patently obvious since the beginning. If you thought that Shikaku's plan was some kind of NaruHina combo double kicks of love you must realize that it was out of sheer fandom wet dream fantasy and not something in the cards.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 10:50   Link #93
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
^agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
This was supposed to be a deep moment for her and some guy whom she has no interaction with is taking up her attention while her father is about to die.
she spent a large part of her childhood fantasizing about him. they were in the same class together at the academy and she was jealous that sakura got to be on his team. only a few years have passed since he left the village. sure, he doesn't care about her, but that doesnt mean he doesnt occupy a lot of her thoughts. it's a crush. it's one sided and immature but it happens all the time irl. honestly i barely even noticed that panel and had to go back to see what you all were complaining about. i think it's fine frankly. a fellow ninja leaving the village is a big deal, especially when its the guy she's been crushing on for years and years. of course she would still think about him. like hunter said, she was just recently crying over him
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 14:55   Link #94
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
I guess I'm the only one that wants to see something from team Asuma other than the old Ino-Shinka-Cho combo? That is all they ever do. Was there really a need to see it yet again? When we see Shinkamaru's individual fights we get a real glimpse of his genius. When we see Chouji in his lone fights we get to see real strength. But put them together and they become a one trick pony. This was the best the great Nara tacticians could think of in their last moments?
I'm with Madara on this: so predictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
^agreed
she spent a large part of her childhood fantasizing about him. they were in the same class together at the academy and she was jealous that sakura got to be on his team. only a few years have passed since he left the village. sure, he doesn't care about her, but that doesnt mean he doesnt occupy a lot of her thoughts. it's a crush. it's one sided and immature but it happens all the time irl. honestly i barely even noticed that panel and had to go back to see what you all were complaining about. i think it's fine frankly. a fellow ninja leaving the village is a big deal, especially when its the guy she's been crushing on for years and years. of course she would still think about him. like hunter said, she was just recently crying over him
Alright I guess I can kind of see that as reasonable. I still think its stupid, but not out of character.

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-01-19 at 18:45.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 20:22   Link #95
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Sasuke wasn't even named in that one line and he wasn't even the point. Don't make such deal abotu it.

Though I don't know what is he doing in Konoha.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 21:54   Link #96
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
I guess I'm the only one that wants to see something from team Asuma other than the old Ino-Shinka-Cho combo? That is all they ever do. Was there really a need to see it yet again?
Make no mistake, I agree with you that it's boring (and ultimately won't even work anyhow). I'm just saying there is a reason everybody predicted that it was going to happen, it was the only thing that made sense really (and by that I don't mean logically speaking because there's no way a few Nara could bind the Juubi even with some chakra from the Kyubi).
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Though I don't know what is he doing in Konoha.
He's going to a cemetery to have Oro revive a few of his kin in order to ask them some questions and insult them for hurting Itachi's feelings when he murdered them all. I'm not kidding, I'm pretty sure they will even apologize for it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 00:03   Link #97
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^It's still an incomplete Jyuubi, and frankly I think Madara (and maybe Tobi) is just playing around with the army. Especially considering the extreme moves we already know Madara is capable of (many of which could destroy the army entirely). So, it's not about whether a Kyuubi-charged Ino-Shika-Cho would work, but whether Madara would allow them the effort.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 07:30   Link #98
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Even incomplete the Juubi dwarfs the Kyubi by several orders of magnitude, Naruto tried to sense its chakra in sage mode a few chapters ago and realized it simply couldn't be done, it was just too colossal to get any sense of it. The Kyubi itself shouldn't be able to do that so a few humans with some portion of his chakra? It should be impossible... But then as I've often said, the impossible is only marginally less likely than the normal in a shounen world.

That said you're right that Madara isn't particularly trying at the moment, he said to Obito he'd let him do his thing for a while since he has to placate Obito in order to be revived.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 08:51   Link #99
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
1. yes the inoshikacho combo is predictable but its not the end of Nara's plan i dont think...some form of taijutsu should be next. i would like it if some how the kages were involved. I mean a kurama charged dust jutsu from oonoki should be somewhat disabling??

2. i like the idea of oro and sasuke heading to a cemetery, but I wonder where they would get the living sacrifices for and Edo tensei of any kind...
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 09:49   Link #100
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
2. i like the idea of oro and sasuke heading to a cemetery, but I wonder where they would get the living sacrifices for and Edo tensei of any kind...
Karin and what's their names, Team Hawk. If their stupid enough to follow Sasuke...well, enough said.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.