AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-19, 14:14   Link #1001
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler for Magi 170:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 14:47   Link #1002
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Spoiler for Magi 170:
Spoiler for Chapter 170:
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 19:47   Link #1003
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
About Kougyoku Ren and Sinbad...Why am I have the feeling that Kougyoku Ren will die because of Sinbad's action? He did planted something into the princess's head...and this doesn't look good at all.

As for the "new" emperor, do you think that she looks and act evil, but actually is a good mother ala Itachi intention?
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 20:27   Link #1004
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
About Kougyoku Ren and Sinbad...Why am I have the feeling that Kougyoku Ren will die because of Sinbad's action? He did planted something into the princess's head...and this doesn't look good at all.
Die as a direct result...unlikely since Sinbad shouldn't be like that...but then if the spell is mind control or something it could lead to life threatening circumstances
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 00:15   Link #1005
Mazus
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 30
Chapter's out and I'm already waiting impatiently for the next one. That last page was just magnificent.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 00:51   Link #1006
Ddraig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Oh man,those Fanalis Corp faces just look like Spartan that about to go rape, plunder, kill all the enemy and burn down the city.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 01:27   Link #1007
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Go go Fanalis Corp...please kick Dumblemore ass....he put the whole country safety at War just for a magician that he do not wish to return back to his original owner?

He truly fail as a leader.....
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 02:20   Link #1008
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space Battle Cruiser Gurokken
Damn using a giant Magic laser spewing robot is the secret weapon? Still I'm thinking using the Finalis Corps at this point would be very interesting since it reveals their capabilities before Kou comes in to mess things up more.
__________________
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 03:12   Link #1009
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
For being a non-pureblood... Morun sure can lift. :heh

And if the Fanalis has been on stand-by the entire time, that means Alibaba's has born witness to the entire battle from the start. I expect that we'll get a glimpse of his opinion towards this war as well soon, given that we've already seen Aladdin's view of it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, interesting to see how both armies keep one-upping each other these past few chapters. My guess is that once the fanalis start kicking ass next chapter Dumblemort is going to have to bring out his trump card (the dark vessels)....
We've had sufficient hints of both army's various layers of competencies that the one-upping of each other has been rather expected. Though I must admit that 'power of the science gunpowder' was a bit unexpected, just as Moga pulling out a fucking Big Zam as one of his 'magic tools.'

So far, it's been...

Laem
War Assets
Large Muggle Army : useless until all other war assets of Moga are defeated.
Gunpowder : one-upped by magic tools and Big Zam
Fanalis Corp
Dungeon Conquerers x 3
Possible War Assets:
Schezerade
Dungeon Conquerer of Amon (temporary, minor if any)

Magnoshtat
War Assets
Small Muggle Army : useless
Magic Tools : abohttp://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.style/default/editor/menupop.gifut to be one-upped by Fanalis
High-Level Magicians : still active war potentials, but has diminished relevance at this point.
Dark Metal Vessel Users : unknown quantity
Black Djinn
Possible War Assets:
The 'Power' spoken by Aladdin ( may or may not be Dark Djinn-related )
Aladdin (temporary, minor if any)

Likely Elements to Fuck up Both Sides:
The 'Power' ( No way Moganett has control over whatever crack he thinks he has )
Kou Empire
The 4th Magi and the Former 3rd Prince of Balbadd ( yes, I know they're both mentioned above as well. )
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2013-01-20 at 03:24.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 04:49   Link #1010
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gintama word: It's the Gian theory!
When one bad person who treats other as trash done one good thing he become good person!

But when good person done one bad thing then he become the worse man! even worse the bad person above...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 05:50   Link #1011
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
170

the Hogwarts WMD remind me to this

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

skip it to 5:35
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 07:38   Link #1012
Diveman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
as soon as I saw the Fanalis get in there, I thought...

Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 08:58   Link #1013
CJ_Walker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
She made him out of her own life-force so it's warranted or at least understandable to a certain extent. Whether it's right or not still can't tell since Titus has been not appearing lately.

Either way, she and Laem are far more preferable than the mage side. After all, the entire thing can be said to have started when Dumbodork started freely exporting magic items and weaponry to criminals and the like in the area, causing more instability.
so that justifies invading another country right? yeah.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
She's still a much better option than living under Moga's reign

And what sparked off the invasion was actually Moga refusing to hand Titus over anyway. Not the actual political situation
So if an American spy was caught in Russia, and Russia refused to return the spy, is it OK if the U.S. started a FULL SCALE INVASION and Possible NUCLEAR WAR?

You're pretty much saying YES! I havent even mentioned the fact that the "spy" choose to stay in "Russia" on his own... I mean the U.S. TOTALLY should have invaded Stalin's Russia, because he was a bad dude, killing about 30 million of his own people.

. . .yeah that would have gone over well -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
....Which is ironic when you remember that he literally treats any non-magician as livestock.



That being said, I wouldn't say that lolimagi is completely in the right, either (her empire is technically one that still practices slavery, is it not?), but I would say that her cause is more just when compared to Dumblemort's. I mean, at least her country offers equal opportunities, slavery or not.....
Yes they have slaves and they fight in the Colosseum

even so. . .even if reim was the paragon of morality it still wouldn't justify invading another country, for moral reasons and for

practical reasons: for example: the kou empire could just invade reim since all of their forces are fighting magoschnatt, then after plundering reim and setting up base there and using reims resources as supply lines, could wipe out BOTH armies at the battle of reim and mago and take over THAT as well. . .

which wouldn't be surprising if the kou does take advantage of all that


Also the fact that the author is using ROME as the invading country is a message in itself. . .

also IF schezerade wins the war and takes over mago, what's will she do next? just leave the people she conquered to suffer? take them to her country as slaves?(which would be the same as the dumbledouche is doing) What if the people don't want to leave? What if they actually hate and resent reim for invading them? Is she going to kill them all when they resist? (and they WILL resist, which is what the author has been setting up as a possibility) How is she going to feed them as their infrastructure is going to be shattered during the invasion? How will she feed her own army AND the people she is "saving" at the same time.

you all need to ask these questions (and more) before blindly supporting an INVASION of another country, ESPECIALLY in THAT TIME PERIOD.

the amount of hardship put on the "people" will increase exponentially because of the invasion. So really, reim is making things worse. . .

Last edited by CJ_Walker; 2013-01-20 at 09:27.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 09:44   Link #1014
yuzen003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
^Sponsoring international terrorism has been used as a reason to invade in the real world, it's essentially an attack on national sovereignty to fund/supply/arm rebels and people who would overthrow the rule of law. No country can afford to let that happen for too long and continue to be taken seriously as a nation.

They've done more then enough to warrent getting invaded, the Titus incident was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 10:13   Link #1015
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
^Sponsoring international terrorism has been used as a reason to invade in the real world, it's essentially an attack on national sovereignty to fund/supply/arm rebels and people who would overthrow the rule of law. No country can afford to let that happen for too long and continue to be taken seriously as a nation.

They've done more then enough to warrent getting invaded, the Titus incident was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
Totally agree with Yuzen.

If a country is funding terrorism that threaten national security while holding that country spy that could possible leak super sensitive info....i see that there's a need to eradicate the threat after giving them the choice to return back their spy and allowing them to merge in a peaceful manner but was reject outright.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 13:00   Link #1016
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
^Sponsoring international terrorism has been used as a reason to invade in the real world, it's essentially an attack on national sovereignty to fund/supply/arm rebels and people who would overthrow the rule of law. No country can afford to let that happen for too long and continue to be taken seriously as a nation.

They've done more then enough to warrent getting invaded, the Titus incident was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
They could have tried diplomacy a bit harder before resorting to full scale invasion.

But it's moot anyway: Rehm doesn't need a reason to invade and/or enslave. Like Kou, "it's there" is plenty enough reason for them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 13:55   Link #1017
Finre
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
If Kou empire too will join this war , its going to become quite a mess.

I have a feeling Mogamett will pull a ''Dragon age 2 First Enchanter thingy'' by turning himself into a dark djinn.
Finre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 15:09   Link #1018
yuzen003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They could have tried diplomacy a bit harder before resorting to full scale invasion.

But it's moot anyway: Rehm doesn't need a reason to invade and/or enslave. Like Kou, "it's there" is plenty enough reason for them.
As seen in this chapter they were developing super weapons capable of vaporizing normal armies, and Schezerade obviously had suspicions of this or she wouldn't have sent Titus as a spy.

In this situation diplomacy might create a peaceful resolution, or it would give the other side time to push forward with plans to build more weapons/develop new weapons/indoctrinate more wizards. Schezerade probably decided the risk of Magnoshtat developing a super weapon if given more time was too dangerous to risk and immediately went with the invasion. Since Magnoshtat had already developed a weapon of mass destruction Laem is possibly averting a greater horror at a later date by acting decisively now.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 15:20   Link #1019
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Ah, yes, preemptive self-defense.

Rehm is the one with a history of being, well, an empire. Magnostadt just wants to be a country by and for magicians. The lives of non-magicians in it aren't exactly rosy, but that's not why Rehm invaded.

Let's not kid around: Rehm invaded because they want to conquer the world. The worst Magnostadt's done is maybe alter the timetable and refuse to give in without a fight.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 15:30   Link #1020
yuzen003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Oh I agree they invaded because they want the territory, I was just trying to address why they decided to invade immediately rather then try diplomacy to turn them into a vassal state as the real world Rome frequently did. In theory this would allow them to bring Magnostadt into the empire without having to conquer or govern them, so the empire has "control" and Magnostadt would still have been able to govern themselves as long as they acknowledged Laem's nominal authority.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.