AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 19:09   Link #2161
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Interesting discussion on the Königstiger.

Seems like my brawling style of using the Königstiger is quite efficient.
There is much to be said about using tanks for mobile warfare, not just sitting in place being a turreted bunker. (Leave my Panther playing out of this.) But I've said that to my team on more than one occasion when we'd all hit a chokepoint and end up lobbing shells back and forth ineffectually for five minutes.

Regarding ammo:

Soviet high-tier tanks have some compromises to be as small as they are... like having ammo stowed all over the place.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 21:55   Link #2162
willx
Nyaaan~~

Despite a series of victories (and a few losses) I must admit ..

My biggest /facepalms today were:
1) "You can ford the river on the other side" // Ally Daigensui has drowned .. =_= (I swear you can .. )
2) Tiger circling around Dai, I line up a perfect shot in the side .. // "You have shot your ally Daigensui" (tracked) (..My bad )

And my greatest victory:

Old 2013-01-23, 22:27   Link #2163
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Why do you hate Daigensui so much?

Old 2013-01-23, 23:32   Link #2164
LeoXiao
思想工作

Platooning is Good for your Health

Similar game to the above, except it was a loss.
Spoiler for 20k Profit:
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 01:19   Link #2165
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

one problem I see when platooning with Sume that she too aggressive, she does not often seek cover, charge instead of trying to peekaboo and charge in a place that she can be shot from many direction, that could work in low and mid tier since guns there does not do many damage compare to total HP and the player skill there not high. but in high tier, there are gun capable of shoot a tier 10 Full HP to half in one shot, almost all player there is somewhat skilled, even Maus and E100 does not dare to be too aggressive let alone a KT (and E75 too). her aggressive play style may also work if her KT is top tier where gun from same and lower tier still have trouble getting through the front, but tier 9 and tier 10 have no problem pen KT thickest front armor at all so that play style is sucidal. even with E-75, there are gun capable of killing it in 2 or 3 shot.
Old 2013-01-24, 01:27   Link #2166
Sumeragi
Banned

I don't recall being that aggressive in the Tier 10 battles, unless it was everyone being too timid and someone had to bite the bullet. But yes, the main problem with my style is that it requires regular pubbies to at least support my movement, part of which why I'm relatively successful in platoons with Wil (who actually takes advantage of the movements I undertake). A good example of success is when in a Himmeldorf match, I managed to hold down a T34, a T95, and some other Tier 9 heavy in Tank Ally along with Wil so that everyone else managed to break through.

I'm the one who usually leads the charge most of the time, which results in my low survival rate. Still, if the conditions are right, it can result in spectacular success, like the battle Wil posted above (basically managed to bounce shots from a Löwe, a Tiger II, a T32, a Type 58, and some over tanks for a full five minutes while the rest of the team slowly ground through).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 02:02   Link #2167
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

The pubs are one thing, but I can't help but wonder if we can use that aggressiveness in a match setting where our clan mates expect it and plan accordingly, rather than be surprised by it.
Old 2013-01-24, 02:25   Link #2168
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
The pubs are one thing, but I can't help but wonder if we can use that aggressiveness in a match setting where our clan mates expect it and plan accordingly, rather than be surprised by it.
I've been thinking about that too. In the tank company battles I had a week or so ago we had one match starting in the north of Redshire where the main force went to a safe position of the map and waited for scouts to probe other avenues. During this time the main force split into two faster and slower units. Once our command had a good idea of where the enemy was likely to be, the fast group advanced along a longer route while the slow group covered them. When the former made contact with the enemy, the slow group advanced swiftly along the direct but dangerous route to join the offensive, which we now knew to be unguarded. The enemy force was still muddling around doing whatever they had in mind, and so we took advantage of their slowness and lack of decision. Their defenders trickled in to repel our attack but they were not concentrated or coordinated enough.

EDIT: This shows how important it is to attack, but had our command not placed the scouts and slow group where they could be useful to the fast force, it's likely that the offensive would've failed.
Old 2013-01-24, 03:02   Link #2169
Sumeragi
Banned

A MuP TC might be interesting.
Old 2013-01-24, 03:20   Link #2170
LeoXiao
思想工作

Another great platoon game

No ridiculous battle report for this one, but what happened here is basically that Myssa Rei and I went to the city, covering each other (at least I tried to cover him as much as possible), overall staying defensive. We attacked a general area and held it until most of the enemy team was dead.
Old 2013-01-24, 06:06   Link #2171
Sumeragi
Banned

Valkoinen Kuolema:

Sniping in the Mannerheim-linja in white. Quite fitting, don't you think?
Old 2013-01-24, 06:11   Link #2172
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post

No ridiculous battle report for this one, but what happened here is basically that Myssa Rei and I went to the city, covering each other (at least I tried to cover her as much as possible), overall staying defensive. We attacked a general area and held it until most of the enemy team was dead.
fixed .

good game btw.
Old 2013-01-24, 06:25   Link #2173
Sumeragi
Banned

Been thinking of what a purely MuP TC would be like. What I have so far:

Daigensui: Stoßtrupp
wilhelmson: Kesselschlacht-trupp
Atsuki_Kimidori: Reconnaissance-in-force
UTE_UTE_UTE: Sniper
Old 2013-01-24, 09:49   Link #2174
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
-Snip-
^ This. The one thing everyone needs to remember is part of playing pub matches is doing well personally (kills, damage and survival-wise) .. the other aspect to winning pub games is getting the lemmings and mob moving the way you want them to. A 3 person top tier platoon makes a real impact. Outside of these ideal conditions, a key aspect of victory, is passively influencing the enemy team and your own team as a whole.

The first game Sume referred to with me and her charging down Tank Alley got us a win -- I'm not sure either of us actually got a kill, but we still got 500-600 XP from some damage and scout XP, and most importantly, victory. We pinned down their highest tier tanks and got sighted damage on the scary T95. It made the rest of the mob feel brave. We stayed alive long enough for them to flank seam the TDs from the side by aggressively going through mid.

The second game, the one I posted a results page on above, is a game where a giant mass of tanks went hill on Serene Coast and we instead pushed 6 line. Sume went wide left on hitting the town and I snuck through the town, landing kills on a Hellcat, ELC and Lowe (who was showing me a vulnerable side due to the above maneuver). At this point Sume went down and I was in town by myself. I literally found a psuedo cul-de-sac to poke out of, shoot, hide and basically stall for 5 minutes (someone yelled at me for revealing my butt to a Pz38tna, keep in mind I am completely surrounded ). Rather than pure damage output, I would argue me staying alive for so long deep in enemy territory, is what won the game. If I had died, our team would have likely bogged down due to morale failure and indecision.

In the above 2 matches, it may sound odd, but if we hadn't moved forward we would've lost. Simultaneously, if we had gone down faster, we would have lost. With 15 people on a team, psychology starts coming in to play ..
"How do I make these pubbies brave enough to venture forward?"
"How do I move so that the enemy presents a tempting flank or rear that will entice the pubbies forward?"
"All the pubbies went right, so how do we hold them off long enough so that they can cap for the win?"

Basically -- how do I manipulate both my enemies and my allies?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not as good as Sume at brawling up close. I will also admit I'm not as good as Kimi in open maneuver. Nor likely am I as good as Tak or 12ice at sniping. Or Ute at scouting. I do however, like to think, that I'm generally relatively decent at these .. and I excel on a broader strategic bent..

Last edited by willx; 2013-01-24 at 10:20.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 10:02   Link #2175
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Posted this in the MuP group page, but what the heck, gonna re-post it here too.

9 kills
Radley-Walter's Medal (for destroying 8-9 tier 5 or higher vehicles in one battle)
De Langlade's Medal (for destroying 4 enemy vehicles in a base circle)
Top Gun (my first one)
Ranger (my second one)

I wish I had recorded it!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Endless Soul; 2013-01-24 at 10:17.
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 10:15   Link #2176
Gravitas Free Zone

You could always play the replay back and hit it with Fraps or something.

Also, nice job!
Old 2013-01-24, 10:17   Link #2177
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post

No ridiculous battle report for this one, but what happened here is basically that Myssa Rei and I went to the city, covering each other (at least I tried to cover her as much as possible), overall staying defensive. We attacked a general area and held it until most of the enemy team was dead.
The irony of this match was that I was lagging as heck at least a third of the time. See those parts where it was like I was confused? That was when my connection suddenly blanks out, and that lag symbol on the upper left turns red on my end. I think I was averaging 300-400 ping at that point.
Old 2013-01-24, 11:16   Link #2178
Gravitas Free Zone

The closest I've gotten to 100 more victories than defeats. And of course the game I enter after that is a loss that I couldn't do much about, being a Leopard in a Tier 8 game on a map with no cover and no SPGs...
Old 2013-01-24, 12:13   Link #2179
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
A MuP TC might be interesting.
If we have enough people with enough high tier tanks... we can definitely get one going.

A Clan Exercise is slated for this weekend @ 1pm PST. If we have sufficient participants for that event, it'd open the door to a host of others in the near future.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 12:59   Link #2180
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Before I forget... Endless Soul, GOOD FRIGGIN' JOB!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks