AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-10, 12:37   Link #521
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvanoshei View Post
Plus, on another note entirely, isn't it an option to date all the girls?
Spoiler for Aishia Spoiler.:
That's what he's doing anyway, why not throw some physical in there as well lol.
Well, no, that's not really Aisia's wish. She wants all the girls to have to their love for Junichi returned, which plain wasn't possible given that Junichi had already found the love of his life. Basically, Aisia wanted what a lot of viewers wanted -- for Nemu to disappear and for Junichi to give other girls a chance -- but the only way to do that was to (try to) wipe out his love for Nemu with magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvanoshei View Post
Spoiler for Ending Spoiler.:
Jun'ichi my boy... you could have done better...

Well, not that I suspect you really care, but that wasn't the point. Junichi didn't love any other girls, hence the ending was just restoring things to their natural state. For him to end up with any of the other girls through magic would have been cheating, and would never have been ultimately satisfactory to any of the girls. That was Aisia's big lesson, hence her decision. The tree's magic wasn't "pushed aside", its entire use was pointless and wrong from the get-go, and Aisia finally figured that out.

Both Da Capo anime are about coming to accept when your love can't be returned; the fact that you think he made a "bad decision" is exactly what the anime is trying to say isn't your call. Junichi's only decision was to be faithful to his true love... even if it wasn't the fans' true love. But hey, if you feel differently, there's always D.C.I.F. for an alternate possibility.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 21:41   Link #522
Silvanoshei
ぜんぴょう☆
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, no, that's not really Aisia's wish. She wants all the girls to have to their love for Junichi returned, which plain wasn't possible given that Junichi had already found the love of his life. Basically, Aisia wanted what a lot of viewers wanted -- for Nemu to disappear and for Junichi to give other girls a chance -- but the only way to do that was to (try to) wipe out his love for Nemu with magic.
Phew, lots of viewers wanted Nemu gone, glad that was said lol. Well, you see, with regards to Nemu... I remember a conversation Aisia had, and she noticed that Nemu had spent more time with Jun'ichi than any of the other girls. And to that end, time-wise... he felt more natural and loving towards her. (this goes for any relationship)

The point I make with that, is, when you look at Kotori and Jun'ichi, with just 2 years, he already started to think of Kotori as a girlfriend. Even though he was still going out with Nemu. With that in mind, I don't see it impossible for Jun'ichi to accept all the girls over time. But alas, we come to the conclusion "ALWAYS!" that there is only enough room for 1 love in ones life. Which isn't the case at all, and I hate how this always pops up as a "norm". Not that it's a problem only having 1 girl.. but no really, this isn't a "normal" situation anyway. Those characters are hot enough not to drool over a average guy like Jun'ichi. Having 2-3 girls as his choice would be interesting, and dating all would be any harem otaku's dream.
__________________
No, whenever men amuse themselves, it's no fun unless their lives are at risk.

Last edited by Silvanoshei; 2009-09-11 at 01:47. Reason: Spellingerer
Silvanoshei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 23:50   Link #523
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Age: 25
hello everybody i looking to get started on Da Capo and am just wondering if Da Capo if is apart of Da Capo or Da Capo II?

thanks
__________________
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 01:52   Link #524
Silvanoshei
ぜんぴょう☆
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
hello everybody i looking to get started on Da Capo and am just wondering if Da Capo if is apart of Da Capo or Da Capo II?

thanks
Yup, Da Capo II is set 53 years after the 2nd Season of Da Capo. I just finished up Da Capo seasons 1 and 2 "Yay Marathon", and it was decent. Aishia shows up 2nd season, and she turned out to be the best part of Da Capo. She goes against the flow, which is cool as hell.
__________________
No, whenever men amuse themselves, it's no fun unless their lives are at risk.
Silvanoshei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 02:30   Link #525
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvanoshei View Post
The point I make with that, is, when you look at Kotori and Jun'ichi, with just 2 years, he already started to think of Kotori as a girlfriend. Even though he was still going out with Nemu. With that in mind, I don't see it impossible for Jun'ichi to accept all the girls over time. But alas, we come to the conclusion "ALWAYS!" that there is only enough room for 1 love in ones life. Which isn't the case at all, and I hate how this always pops up as a "norm". Not that it's a problem only having 1 girl.. but no really, this isn't a "normal" situation anyway. Those characters are hot enough not to drool over a average guy like Jun'ichi. Having 2-3 girls as his choice would be interesting, and dating all would be any harem otaku's dream.
Wait ... so basically you are accusing him for not being the pimp he possibly could have been ? I don't see how him not drooling over each and every member of his female friend pack makes him bad, quite the opposite. He remained faithful in his feelings for Nemu, and, much as i dislike his choice, there is nothing there to speak ill of Junichi himself. Otaku-ish wish fulfillment aside (which i don't believe is the best ladder for one's morals ), i don't see how one can conclude that him being faithful to one of them was the wrong choice. Being a literal harem wasn't anything that him or any of the girls would have wanted, so in that aspect there is nothing to blame Junichi for.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 09:11   Link #526
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvanoshei View Post
The point I make with that, is, when you look at Kotori and Jun'ichi, with just 2 years, he already started to think of Kotori as a girlfriend.
Regarding this specific point, I also want to point out: you might consider watching the first episode again, because that actually wasn't the case at all. Kotori was depressed because, as much as Junichi cared for her as a friend, he never crossed the line no matter how much she wanted him too. She was losing confidence in herself as a woman! See also the scene where Junichi's in Nemu's room, which is very important. As much as, on the surface, it might have looked like Junichi and Kotori could have had something more, the reality was that nothing was happening. Kotori had already realized, at some level, that Nemu was still the only one in his heart, but she still loved him anyway. That realization was, basically, at the heart of the entire show, and it was explained right in episode 1. The most important part of the episode wasn't the heart-thumping and the blushing, it was the scenes they showed after that where they explained that "it's not what you think".

That being said, I'd say again that I think you probably should check out the recently-released D.C.I.F. as I mentioned before, because it actually deals with some of the points you raised almost exactly (about their being room for only one girl in his life, moving on, etc.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:27   Link #527
Silvanoshei
ぜんぴょう☆
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Regarding this specific point, I also want to point out: you might consider watching the first episode again, because that actually wasn't the case at all. Kotori was depressed because, as much as Junichi cared for her as a friend, he never crossed the line no matter how much she wanted him too. She was losing confidence in herself as a woman! See also the scene where Junichi's in Nemu's room, which is very important. As much as, on the surface, it might have looked like Junichi and Kotori could have had something more, the reality was that nothing was happening. Kotori had already realized, at some level, that Nemu was still the only one in his heart, but she still loved him anyway. That realization was, basically, at the heart of the entire show, and it was explained right in episode 1. The most important part of the episode wasn't the heart-thumping and the blushing, it was the scenes they showed after that where they explained that "it's not what you think".
Hmm, interesting points! With the Jun'ichi scene in Nemu's room, one can only see that he is going through depression/heartache. If I recall, that scene was near another scene regarding the two as a couple (Kortori/Jun), and there was a pause of embarrassment, and no answer to the question/statement.

When I see those two scenes, I don't really see it as Jun being faithful/still in love with Nemu. It tells me, Jun is losing his love for Nemu (remember, she hasn't said anything to him in 2 years), and Kotori is becoming more and more of a replacement in his heart. And Kotori would be depressed or uneasy because of the confusion on Jun'Ichi's heart.

I like your view points though relentless, they are very sound!
__________________
No, whenever men amuse themselves, it's no fun unless their lives are at risk.
Silvanoshei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 02:10   Link #528
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Just finished Da Capo's second season so...

Spoiler for Commentary for the Second Season.:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 04:19   Link #529
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
OK, I was confused at first of Nemu's where about. But I was glad that she returned back. I was wondering why Nemu is in College while Juichi is still in high school? I'm still confused here...
Basically, Nemu went to a Trade School instead of going to a General-Education High School (like the one Junichi is going to). And so, as a result, she left Hatsunejima.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 04:25   Link #530
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Basically, Nemu went to a Trade School instead of going to a General-Education High School (like the one Junichi is going to). And so, as a result, she left Hatsunejima.
So the "college" is just a miss translation? Just wondered how she become a nurse knowing I took four years to have the degree....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 04:28   Link #531
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
So the "college" is just a miss translation? Just wondered how she become a nurse knowing I took four years to have the degree....
Well, "college" is more like a "technical college" (where you get a certificate), not necessarily the American version of "college" that is more like what some would call "University" (i.e. four-year degree programs). It could also be a sort of pre-nursing program.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 04:31   Link #532
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, "college" is more like a "technical college" (where you get a certificate), not necessarily the American version of "college" that is more like what some would call "University" (i.e. four-year degree programs). It could also be a sort of pre-nursing program.
Ok..... I leave it until here... I still have many concerns (the cap etc) still but that may monopolized the thread by going technical irregularities... anyway.. Still to finished 15-26.. though I already spoiled myself of the ending, glad I watched this series those is so long........

Thanks Sir...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, magic, romance, school life, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.