AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-25, 09:57   Link #741
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuugalegacy View Post
I don't think cao cao or the hero faction returning will be a major event. I think cao cao will reappear, but Ise will defeat him with ease to show his growth
Even if Cao Cao returns it's not likely that he's going to be as strong as before. He only has a human body and was hit by Samael's curse. It was breaking down on him and he didn't get proper treatment for it like Vali did before being thrown into hell. Unless his body mutates to something beyond human as a result, even if he gets his spear back, he's not going to have the same level of strength that he once had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I think that Ise learning dragon slaying techniques is pretty unlikely, due to his partial dragon nature...

After all, Ascalon needed to be prepared in a special ritual, before Ise was capable of using it, without the sword harming him as well... and I think that a similar development would be occurring, if he actually wanted to learn some actual dragon slaying techniques...

Not to mention, what kind of dragon slayer would teach someone who is partially dragon, how to slay dragons ... they would probably try to kill Ise instead... since the profession of dragon slayers is ... to kill dragons...

I think that the only option that Ise has, of dealing with those Evil Dragons, is either some kind of power that he obtained from Ophis and Great Red, along with his current body, or managing to gain control over the part of Dividing Gear that has merged with Ise's Boosted Gear.
I believe that was mainly because it was a holy sword rather than a dragon slaying sword. Dragon slaying techniques are different.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline  
Old 2013-01-25, 11:48   Link #742
peinmaximus@
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brazil
hey n0m@n,besides euclid and grendel others new members of khaos brigade are revealed?
and how is the scene in the bath with ravel?
obs.well to defeat this evil dragons ise or will control the divine divide powers or his new body powers.one war of dragons is next to happen:ise,vali,ophis and the dragon kings vs the evil dragons.
peinmaximus@ is offline  
Old 2013-01-25, 20:28   Link #743
n0m@n
too tired
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 90
Just upload part 1 and part 2 of Life.1
Though I haven't edited it so there will be mistakes.
You will learn about Tannin and what kind of person Mephisto Pheles is. By the way, that is the only scene in this volume he appears in.
n0m@n is offline  
Old 2013-01-25, 21:14   Link #744
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
I wonder what's gonna happen to the clone.
blackwhite67 is offline  
Old 2013-01-25, 21:46   Link #745
sapper
harem dimension god
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: harem world
It seems there's a lot involved in a pact with magicians and Mephistopheles is very interesting character lol
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/tY1NGtR.jpg

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-26 at 21:23.
sapper is offline  
Old 2013-01-25, 22:28   Link #746
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Can i ask why the translations arent on baka tsuki like always? Or will they be uploaded later, i love the android app on my phone for baka ^^
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-26 at 21:23.
Om Nerabdator is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 00:05   Link #747
SeaDam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
No Need for Tanks?

I am suprised that the two bishops on the Gremory team are prized higher than the two rooks. I can understand the reasoning behind wanting a healer or a rare ex-god, but wouldn't you want someone who could defend you while casting? I guess not all magician foresee themselves in a fight and are more interested in academic pursuits or simply the prestige of having a "rare" devil.
SeaDam is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 00:15   Link #748
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
I am suprised that the two bishops on the Gremory team are prized higher than the two rooks. I can understand the reasoning behind wanting a healer or a rare ex-god, but wouldn't you want someone who could defend you while casting? I guess not all magician foresee themselves in a fight and are more interested in academic pursuits or simply the prestige of having a "rare" devil.
Uh... Ross is a Rook even though she uses magic. Gasper who is the other bishop was actually requested the least. Asia has a great benefit with her healing as stated. That would at times probably be more preferable than a defender. Plus while she is still new at it, she has shown great potential for using magic.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 00:20   Link #749
SeaDam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Uh... Ross is a Rook even though she uses magic. Gasper who is the other bishop was actually requested the least. Asia's has a great benefit with her healing as stated. That would at times probably be more preferable than a defender.
Ah. I forgot. I sometimes confuse Ross with Xen. True about Asia, but she would be easily taken out at this point in the story (pre-new familair).
SeaDam is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 00:25   Link #750
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
Ah. I forgot. I sometimes confuse Ross with Xen. True about Asia, but she would be easily taken out at this point in the story (pre-new familiar).
Not all magicians are all about fighting. Some may wish to use their abilities to help other people. In which case Asia's abilities could be vital to them.

It was also suggested for Asia to practice protection magics which might have gotten around as well. Someone who could protect them from a distance while they fight themselves.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 00:34   Link #751
SeaDam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Not all magicians are all about fighting. Some may wish to use their abilities to help other people. In which case Asia's abilities could be vital to them.

It was also suggested for Asia to practice protection magics which might have gotten around as well. Someone who could protect them from a distance while they fight themselves.
I imagine one could make quite a bit of money with Asia's healing ability if so inclined.
SeaDam is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 01:54   Link #752
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Well, personally I thought that Ise would be a little more popular - in other words, gain quite a lot of offers, considering how Magicans have ranked him...

Of course, it might be possible that all the offers that Ise received come from some highly ranked magicans.. but, if that's not the case, then from the looks of it, the Magicans are still underestimating Ise's actual value... .
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 06:34   Link #753
peinmaximus@
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brazil
yes,this magicans are still underestimating the dragon oppai,but the fight between ise and grendel must have shown a this magicians and the khaos brigade the why of ise have defeat two of his leaders(cao cao and shalba) and the why of he be considered by indra one being rank SSS.
peinmaximus@ is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 07:23   Link #754
Tchadnis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, personally I thought that Ise would be a little more popular - in other words, gain quite a lot of offers, considering how Magicans have ranked him...

Of course, it might be possible that all the offers that Ise received come from some highly ranked magicans.. but, if that's not the case, then from the looks of it, the Magicans are still underestimating Ise's actual value... .
They aren't underestimating Issei as a powerful "warrior" just his way to power-up, i guess groppin oppai isn't too elegant for them .. unless you are a pervy magician.. i believe even magician which are also into high society want to preserve the way they are seen. But the way of the devil is sure complicated
Tchadnis is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 08:07   Link #755
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
They aren't underestimating Issei as a powerful "warrior" just his way to power-up, i guess groppin oppai isn't too elegant for them .. unless you are a pervy magician.. i believe even magician which are also into high society want to preserve the way they are seen. But the way of the devil is sure complicated
Honestly, they probably don't want to be associated with an oppai dragon. Pretty shallow, since Ise would be an amazing devil to contract with. If you want a bodyguard, then who could be better than Ise? if it's about research, then you can get the rare chance to study a Longinus, plus converse with Ddraig, who has probably forgotten more about magic than most magicians, plus all the historical knowledge he could share.

Plus, there's the mysterious factor that affected the Evil Pieces and lead to Cardinal Crimson Promotion, not to mention Bilingual, a technique even Azazel was amazed by, and putting aside the obvious utility, can lead to new applications of traditional techniques. And that's just the stuff that's publicly known and I thought up off the top of my head. Lots of amazing possibilities to be had.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 11:17   Link #756
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Even if Cao Cao returns it's not likely that he's going to be as strong as before. He only has a human body and was hit by Samael's curse. It was breaking down on him and he didn't get proper treatment for it like Vali did before being thrown into hell. Unless his body mutates to something beyond human as a result, even if he gets his spear back, he's not going to have the same level of strength that he once had.
Well Cao Cao was so badly crippled that he couldn't even use the spear but then again we've seen enough characters be reincarnated that it wouldn't be that shocking for him to come back with a new body.

Quote:
I believe that was mainly because it was a holy sword rather than a dragon slaying sword. Dragon slaying techniques are different.
Given the issues Siegfried had with using Gram due to his scared gears dragon powers I'd say there would be some issues with any item and any techinque would most likely be a spell which isn't Ise strong point.
So I'm thinking it'll start with Ise learning how to transform his arm at will, then a full draconic body and finally he'll learn how to transform into Ddraig form.
GundamFan is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 12:25   Link #757
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Given the issues Siegfried had with using Gram due to his scared gears dragon powers I'd say there would be some issues with any item and any techinque would most likely be a spell which isn't Ise strong point.
So I'm thinking it'll start with Ise learning how to transform his arm at will, then a full draconic body and finally he'll learn how to transform into Ddraig form.
Unlike you, I doubt that Ise is going to reach a full body dragon transformation, since that would really reduce the usefulness of Ise's Boosted gear... or maybe cause Ise to stop needing it, at all...

After all, in my opinion, I doubt that the author would spend about 10 volumes (probably more then, since at the current point, Ise still hasn't mastered the full capabilities of his Boosted Gear) on developing Ise's Boosted Gear, just to discard it, later on...

Not to mention that, I think you're supposed "Ddraig form" has already been made possible in the form of Ise's Illegal Move Trident / CCQ - while, it doesn't transform Ise into the form Ddraig had, when he was alive, but it has already been mentioned that it gives Ise a similar level of power that Ddraig had, when he was still alive - Of course, it will happen, after Ise masters it, which is going to take some time...

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-01-26 at 13:45.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 12:38   Link #758
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Unlike you, I doubt that Ise is going to reach a full body dragon transformation, since that would really reduce the usefulness of Ise's Boosted gear... or maybe cause Ise to stop needing it, at all...

After all, in my opinion, I doubt that the author would spend about 10 volumes (probably more then, since at the current point, Ise still hasn't mastered the full capabilities of his Boosted Gear)

Not to mention that, I think you're supposed "Ddraig form" has already been made possible in the form of Ise's Illegal Move Illegal Move Trident / CCQ - while, it doesn't transform Ise into the form Ddraig had, when he was alive, but it has already been mentioned that it gives Ise a similar level of power that Ddraig had, when he was still alive - Of course, it will happen, after Ise masters it, which is going to take some time...
Agrees with Chris, I have a feeling that the current crimson queen form still doesnt have its full original form but a mixture of the trident forms - in vol 10 he stated that it feels like he can surpass the 3 forms in their own respective strength but CCQ is still unstable. I mean when he used Juggernaut, there was Longinus Smasher and Time-freeze using his eyes. This seems to be Ddraig's original moves but still being sealed away as stated in vol 12 - the powers that you shouldnt have used. The true CCQ's arsenal should have Time Freeze and Longinus Smasher as CCQ = Ddraig's true strength. It would be weird for the author to throw all that out of the window and just to give Ise his full dragon form which makes BG redundant.

Cant wait to see Ravel's development for and Kuroka's flag up this vol.
__________________

lilNewBlood is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 13:31   Link #759
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Unlike you, I doubt that Ise is going to reach a full body dragon transformation, since that would really reduce the usefulness of Ise's Boosted gear... or maybe cause Ise to stop needing it, at all...

After all, in my opinion, I doubt that the author would spend about 10 volumes (probably more then, since at the current point, Ise still hasn't mastered the full capabilities of his Boosted Gear) on developing Ise's Boosted Gear, just to discard it, later on...

Not to mention that, I think you're supposed "Ddraig form" has already been made possible in the form of Ise's Illegal Move Illegal Move Trident / CCQ - while, it doesn't transform Ise into the form Ddraig had, when he was alive, but it has already been mentioned that it gives Ise a similar level of power that Ddraig had, when he was still alive - Of course, it will happen, after Ise masters it, which is going to take some time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilNewBlood View Post
Agrees with Chris, I have a feeling that the current crimson queen form still doesnt have its full original form but a mixture of the trident forms - in vol 10 he stated that it feels like he can surpass the 3 forms in their own respective strength but CCQ is still unstable. I mean when he used Juggernaut, there was Longinus Smasher and Time-freeze using his eyes. This seems to be Ddraig's original moves but still being sealed away as stated in vol 12 - the powers that you shouldnt have used. The true CCQ's arsenal should have Time Freeze and Longinus Smasher as CCQ = Ddraig's true strength. It would be weird for the author to throw all that out of the window and just to give Ise his full dragon form which makes BG redundant.

Cant wait to see Ravel's development for and Kuroka's flag up this vol.
Well I wasn't thinking of this replacing his various Scail Mail form more of giving Ise some other options if he is going to be fighting massive opptents. Ise is mainly a brawler and well going up against something let dragons especailly in any sort of number it seems like he would need a different. Also let's face it not every power Ise gets is used frequently either.
GundamFan is offline  
Old 2013-01-26, 13:40   Link #760
Mcloving
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Well the author may have put his dragon transformation as a hint to one of the possible paths of growth he can undertake later on. Remember the better base stats he has the more powerful in BB and CCQ due to higher multipliers. For all we know he might transform into a humanoid dragon later on and use BB.

He might even turn into a super saiyan with crimson hair XD- okay back to reality. I thik the author has some kind of power up in mind regarding Ise being able to transform part of his body into a dragon. So it's not wise to rule it out completely that he won't be able to transform into one fully in the future
Mcloving is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.