AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-24, 07:08   Link #5861
Cloak07
Clockwork
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Hello guys im just new here..about the topic here im just asking about the authorities and the incarnations of authorities..coz many people here is confused if that power used is an authorities or incarnations..i think that when you kill a god you can get an authorities and that authorities is being divided in incarnations and depends on how many incarnations you can get when you kill a god.
Cloak07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 08:41   Link #5862
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak07 View Post
Hello guys im just new here..about the topic here im just asking about the authorities and the incarnations of authorities..coz many people here is confused if that power used is an authorities or incarnations..i think that when you kill a god you can get an authorities and that authorities is being divided in incarnations and depends on how many incarnations you can get when you kill a god.
just to make you understand not all authorities have incantations there are passive ones and active one times, an example is Youth this is a passive ability he acquired from Persian Warlord, though for it to activate has some very specific requirements for Godou, we also has Doni's field of dark ages from Vulcan?
unless you count how Youth's incantation is basically a magical verbal agreement between parties that makes them slaves to the user's cause permanently in this case Godou's harem... and er.... let's not get how its written
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 09:59   Link #5863
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
just to make you understand not all authorities have incantations there are passive ones and active one times, an example is Youth this is a passive ability he acquired from Persian Warlord, though for it to activate has some very specific requirements for Godou, we also has Doni's field of dark ages from Vulcan?
unless you count how Youth's incantation is basically a magical verbal agreement between parties that makes them slaves to the user's cause permanently in this case Godou's harem... and er.... let's not get how its written
Yeah, when you think about it Youth form seems like something straight out of a hentai.

About the auuthorities, it isn't that complicated. Godou has one true Authority, "Persian Warlord". It basically gave him Verethragna's transformation power, except twisted to suit Godou. JPS has a similiar authority with Metamorphosis.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 10:00   Link #5864
breno.m.fis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Somewhere beneath the sky.
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak07 View Post
Hello guys im just new here..about the topic here im just asking about the authorities and the incarnations of authorities..coz many people here is confused if that power used is an authorities or incarnations..i think that when you kill a god you can get an authorities and that authorities is being divided in incarnations and depends on how many incarnations you can get when you kill a god.

Man, the power taken when a Campione kills a god is called authority, but sometimes one authority has more than one ability (which is the case of the authority of Persian warlord who Godou has usurped from Verethragna). The different abilities of Godouís authority are called incarnations because they derive from the various forms that the [Heretic God] Verethragna assumed during fights. Abilities from other authorities are not necessarily called incarnations.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 13:49   Link #5865
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I agree with ya ^^

Also, It could be argued that Godou's Authority - The Persian Warlord has 1 ability: make Godou become the Warlord himself, as a result, Godou can make use of Verethragna's skills/avatars(/whatever you want to call his powers).

Of course, Godou is not Verethragna, thus there are restrictions on how he can execute his powers.
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 00:05   Link #5866
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak07 View Post
Hello guys im just new here..about the topic here im just asking about the authorities and the incarnations of authorities..coz many people here is confused if that power used is an authorities or incarnations..i think that when you kill a god you can get an authorities and that authorities is being divided in incarnations and depends on how many incarnations you can get when you kill a god.
Actaully some authorites have multiple abilities some have a single abillty, some are passive other are active so really there is no hard and fast rule on authorities. Also Campiones don't always recieve an authority when they've defeated a god Salvatori got nothing when he killed Perseus and Godou when he beat Ama no Murakumo rather then authority he got subordinate demigod residing in his arm.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 03:37   Link #5867
Ddraig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
To gain authority from god you must killed it and not beat it in a way that Pandora consider that is fair. In Perseus case Doni killed him after he already got beaten near death by Godou already so that's like stealing a killed and not consider fair in Pandora eyes.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 07:36   Link #5868
azziz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
To gain authority from god you must killed it and not beat it in a way that Pandora consider that is fair. In Perseus case Doni killed him after he already got beaten near death by Godou already so that's like stealing a killed and not consider fair in Pandora eyes.
i think pandora didn't get to have a say in this instance since guenewere stole his soul and power with her artifact like she did with after with son goku and lancelot;why hasn't she done it before with doni-for sigfried-i don't know.
but i hope godou will destroy the artifact and gain the authorities he desearve-with perhaps luo hao and jps-from those god of steel.
he'll need them if he must fight the strongest.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 07:52   Link #5869
Cloak07
Clockwork
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
just to make you understand not all authorities have incantations there are passive ones and active one times, an example is Youth this is a passive ability he acquired from Persian Warlord, though for it to activate has some very specific requirements for Godou, we also has Doni's field of dark ages from Vulcan?
unless you count how Youth's incantation is basically a magical verbal agreement between parties that makes them slaves to the user's cause permanently in this case Godou's harem... and er.... let's not get how its written
well i dont agree with you..coz the Youth form is an an incarnation of the authority godou usurped from verethragna..what im trying to say is the power you can get can varied in different ways..so far godou is an example of that he got authorities from killing verethragna with 10 incarnations he got divine weapon(Kusanagi Sword) which is not an authorities, its like a subordinate/partner for him and the power athena give to him which is the name is not confirmed same with circe who bypass pandora by giving him powers also.
Cloak07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 09:49   Link #5870
Cloak07
Clockwork
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
"Many experienced Campione develop a skill called Manifesting an Avatar. This allows the Campione to transform their body in some fashion so as to remove a flaw in, or make better use of, one of their Authorities. "
I happened to found this site and read here in this link http://thecampione.wikia.com/wiki/Campione.
From that statement above the authorities and incarnations can be power up it can decreased the restrictions like time limit and can used again within that day this is based with Voban authorities from Apollo which he can used the wolf avatar twice that day or more. So the authorities which godou has now still has room for improvement.
And i also think that Verethragna authorities is one of the strongest against 1 heretic gods if mastered fully..although i want Godou also to gain other authorities but if he fought against other campiones Verethragna authorities is not enough coz the more authorities you can get the more your divine power will increased.
Cloak07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 08:17   Link #5871
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak07 View Post
well i dont agree with you..coz the Youth form is an an incarnation of the authority godou usurped from verethragna..what im trying to say is the power you can get can varied in different ways..so far godou is an example of that he got authorities from killing verethragna with 10 incarnations he got divine weapon(Kusanagi Sword) which is not an authorities, its like a subordinate/partner for him and the power athena give to him which is the name is not confirmed same with circe who bypass pandora by giving him powers also.
i did say not all authorities have incantations if you don't understand incantations they are spell words like classical magic... incarnations are entirely different... or probably I just misread your post... well just to be clear only Goudou has 10 manifestations from a single authority other Campiones have 1 power per god killed well think of it that way, I do think Doni acquired 2 authorities from 1 god Vulcan so that makes him an exception to the rule, however get this fact for a soon to be Campione/present Campiones the better he knows/acquainted the soon to be killed God the more powers he acquires when a Campione acquires said God's power, theres the fact that if Goudou wasnt that well acquainted with an amnesiac Verethragna he might not have acquired all 10 of his forms, incarnations are not the same as authorities per say, the way Verethragna's abilities are called incarnations its because these are his presented forms from his mythology, like Zeus or Shiva? from Greek and Hindu mythology which have a penchant for transforming to various forms just to make a divine intervention... ohh god imagine if Goudou ever acquires Zeus' authority... thats going to be his Cassanova streak up to 11
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 09:34   Link #5872
azziz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Zzhk interest in translating campione seem to be dwindling;in a way it's understandable-being burning out after all those month of hard work at such speed-but it's a shame it had to happen now,vol.13 barely touched so i hope after some desearved rest he will be able to resume his work and that he won't give up just right before the finishing line.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 10:31   Link #5873
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
yeah....he is now is translating cubexcursedxcurious...which is in its own way is also interesting...do read it...you wont regret it...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 11:54   Link #5874
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
To gain authority from god you must killed it and not beat it in a way that Pandora consider that is fair. In Perseus case Doni killed him after he already got beaten near death by Godou already so that's like stealing a killed and not consider fair in Pandora eyes.
Well my point was that the notion that killing a god gets a Campione an authority is a bit of an over simplification. Also we saw Godou get something more then authority when beat Ama no Murakumo and we're not sure what Godou got when Athena kissed him right before she died since it was said it could be authority that would seem to imply a god could willing give there powers to a Campione.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
i think pandora didn't get to have a say in this instance since guenewere stole his soul and power with her artifact like she did with after with son goku and lancelot;why hasn't she done it before with doni-for sigfried-i don't know.
but i hope godou will destroy the artifact and gain the authorities he desearve-with perhaps luo hao and jps-from those god of steel.
he'll need them if he must fight the strongest.
Whether Guenewere stole Perseus soul and power or not Salvatore still wouldn't have gotten anything.There wouldn't be a point in having a rule that a Campione must defeat a god in a manner that Pandora finds deserving to recieve there power if attacking one that was half dead qualified.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 13:08   Link #5875
serbian otaku #1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
i did say not all authorities have incantations if you don't understand incantations they are spell words like classical magic... incarnations are entirely different... or probably I just misread your post... well just to be clear only Goudou has 10 manifestations from a single authority other Campiones have 1 power per god killed well think of it that way, I do think Doni acquired 2 authorities from 1 god Vulcan so that makes him an exception to the rule, however get this fact for a soon to be Campione/present Campiones the better he knows/acquainted the soon to be killed God the more powers he acquires when a Campione acquires said God's power, theres the fact that if Goudou wasnt that well acquainted with an amnesiac Verethragna he might not have acquired all 10 of his forms, incarnations are not the same as authorities per say, the way Verethragna's abilities are called incarnations its because these are his presented forms from his mythology, like Zeus or Shiva? from Greek and Hindu mythology which have a penchant for transforming to various forms just to make a divine intervention... ohh god imagine if Goudou ever acquires Zeus' authority... thats going to be his Cassanova streak up to 11
Please read the rest of the novels, not up to the 5th volume. Godou isn't the only Campione that aquired multiple authorities from the single god. JPS aquired 5, if i remember correctly, authorities from some god, can't remember the name. And Salvatore Doni aquired only one authority from god Vulcan, to regress technological advancement to the about 15 century.
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 13:34   Link #5876
serbian otaku #1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
i think pandora didn't get to have a say in this instance since guenewere stole his soul and power with her artifact like she did with after with son goku and lancelot;why hasn't she done it before with doni-for sigfried-i don't know.
but i hope godou will destroy the artifact and gain the authorities he desearve-with perhaps luo hao and jps-from those god of steel.
he'll need them if he must fight the strongest.
Guinevre first appeared in the 6th volume, she didn't do anything to the Perseus, in the novel Doni finished him, and in the anime Metis absorbed him. Godou didn't aquire Sun Wukong's authority because he was fighting with JPS and Luo Hao against Sun Wukong that combined with his companions, Vaisravana and Zhu Ganglie, since it was techinacally 3 vs 1, that was unfair in Pandora's eyes. Against Athena Godou lost, but Athena was near death so she died. Guinevre only had something to do with Lancelot, Godou won fair and square, but Guinevre sealed her authorities/soul, i'm not quite sure, in some sort of disc, and Holy Grail tranformed into the Athena because it absorbed most of her life force, this is my speculation but i think that Athena was reborn as the Divine Ancestor to help revive King of the End.

People seriously read the novel before you comment on it, it's not so long that it can't be read.
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 15:00   Link #5877
breno.m.fis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Somewhere beneath the sky.
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
Guinevre first appeared in the 6th volume, she didn't do anything to the Perseus, in the novel Doni finished him, and in the anime Metis absorbed him. Godou didn't aquire Sun Wukong's authority because he was fighting with JPS and Luo Hao against Sun Wukong that combined with his companions, Vaisravana and Zhu Ganglie, since it was techinacally 3 vs 1, that was unfair in Pandora's eyes. Against Athena Godou lost, but Athena was near death so she died. Guinevre only had something to do with Lancelot, Godou won fair and square, but Guinevre sealed her authorities/soul, i'm not quite sure, in some sort of disc, and Holy Grail tranformed into the Athena because it absorbed most of her life force, this is my speculation but i think that Athena was reborn as the Divine Ancestor to help revive King of the End.

People seriously read the novel before you comment on it, it's not so long that it can't be read.

Bro be careful. At the end of volume 10 is spoken that amulet with swords marks of Guinevere contain the power of the gods of [Sword] Perseus, Sun Wukong and Lancelot, which was stolen after the death of these gods, and that Guinevere plan to use this power somehow to awaken the King of the End. We do not know if Godou would gain some authority in the case of Perseus and Sun Wukong if Guinever had not interfered, but in the case of Lancelot was her fault with that disc.


Edit: I have to do a little correction. As for the Perseus and Sun Wukong, reference is made about the essence of them being stored on the disk at the end of volume 7 - epilogue (not volume 10). Up to this point we did not know what was the disc with symbols of swords, but gathering information from volume 10 it becomes clearer.

Last edited by breno.m.fis; 2013-01-26 at 15:55.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 18:01   Link #5878
serbian otaku #1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by breno.m.fis View Post
Bro be careful. At the end of volume 10 is spoken that amulet with swords marks of Guinevere contain the power of the gods of [Sword] Perseus, Sun Wukong and Lancelot, which was stolen after the death of these gods, and that Guinevere plan to use this power somehow to awaken the King of the End. We do not know if Godou would gain some authority in the case of Perseus and Sun Wukong if Guinever had not interfered, but in the case of Lancelot was her fault with that disc.


Edit: I have to do a little correction. As for the Perseus and Sun Wukong, reference is made about the essence of them being stored on the disk at the end of volume 7 - epilogue (not volume 10). Up to this point we did not know what was the disc with symbols of swords, but gathering information from volume 10 it becomes clearer.
Well i reread volume 7 and 10 epilogue. I agree i was wrong, but she said that Perseus and Sun Wukong's steel was left on earth but said for Lancelot that "insted of becoming Kusanagi-sama's authority, be the arrow for the returning 'King of the End'... Please go forth." So he wouldn't get authorities from the Perseus and Wukong. Thanks a lot for pointing my mistakes, i'm very grateful because everybody makes mistakes, but everybody should try and correct them.

P.S. Breno i noticed that you know where is what in the novel, i forgot because i was reading them as they got translated, which means around August and September, and also i'm currently reading a few other novels so i tend to forget things. Could you tell me which chapter and volume does Godou goes to see his middle-school baseball buddies and plays football(soccer), and later baseball with them, and Erica comes later, i can't remember the rest.

P.P.S. For those who like DxD, Campione and SAO i recomend they read novel Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, it's epic. BTW Reki Kiwahara, author of SAO, praised this novel.
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 18:22   Link #5879
breno.m.fis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Somewhere beneath the sky.
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
P.S. Breno i noticed that you know where is what in the novel, i forgot because i was reading them as they got translated, which means around August and September, and also i'm currently reading a few other novels so i tend to forget things. Could you tell me which chapter and volume does Godou goes to see his middle-school baseball buddies and plays football(soccer), and later baseball with them, and Erica comes later, i can't remember the rest.


That was in Volume 5 Chapter 5 right at the beginning.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 19:24   Link #5880
serbian otaku #1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by breno.m.fis View Post
That was in Volume 5 Chapter 5 right at the beginning.
Thanks a lot. I tend to forget some things because i read other stuff too. I read some other novels, and read manga like crazy, maybe even more.

How do you know where is what in the novel, you must have amazing memory, or is there some kind of trick that helps you remember?
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.