AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-22, 18:42   Link #3641
T-6000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Don't forget about mods. There are plenty out there that REALLY make the game more difficult. Games been off my PC for a long while now so I don't recall which difficulty-changing mod I used.
There are?! Awesome! I should check them out!
__________________
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 19:09   Link #3642
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
With nearly 600 Hours invested in Skyrim, It's safe to say that it's one of the most addicting RPGs I have played in years. With so much to do in the game, and with the game throwing many quests at you at once, I was beginning to have flashbacks of when I first played Baldur's Game 2 (which I was also getting overwhelmed when I played that game for the first time as well). Aside from the annoying bugs and lockup problems, one noticeable problem is that the game stars to get too easy once I approach Level 40. I'm hoping the upcoming DLC Dragonborn (Yeah, I know it's out already on the Xbox 360 but I'm playing this on the PC) provides considerable challenges for higher level players.
Read the whole thread and you'll find extensive discussions on mods and which ones people like. You can either use the Steam Workshop or the Nexus website (which is what I use) to peruse, manage, and install mods.

Safety tip. Try to install what you want before starting a character. Game saves can get corrupted if you do a lot of install/uninstall - especially of play mechanic modifications. Even better load a clean copy of the game in safe place to dump on top of the game folder if you seriously blow something up.

Sometimes the "mod game" is as exciting as actually playing the game. (Boom! CTD! Copy and paste untainted game back into game folder, reload mods and start again)
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 21:13   Link #3643
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Some recommended SkyRe to add up to the difficulty and realism; I have Frostfall installed to crank up the challenge of fighting off the cold.

Start off with a few basic mods, small but useful; more complicated mods are ones that include quests, powerful scripting and/or alter your character's appearance (this includes the ENB series DLLs), and also best left to advanced players who know what to change or not.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 21:54   Link #3644
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Ah, I forgot about Frostfall (adds to queue). I've tried a few different mods for issues. I have stuck with Deadly Archery because it makes life much harder on the target (be they me or an NPC) if an arrow strikes.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 02:42   Link #3645
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
With nearly 600 Hours invested in Skyrim, It's safe to say that it's one of the most addicting RPGs I have played in years. With so much to do in the game, and with the game throwing many quests at you at once, I was beginning to have flashbacks of when I first played Baldur's Game 2 (which I was also getting overwhelmed when I played that game for the first time as well). Aside from the annoying bugs and lockup problems, one noticeable problem is that the game stars to get too easy once I approach Level 40. I'm hoping the upcoming DLC Dragonborn (Yeah, I know it's out already on the Xbox 360 but I'm playing this on the PC) provides considerable challenges for higher level players.
It won't, unless you insist on nerfing yourself.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 02:53   Link #3646
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
It turns out that making mods for games -- such as Skyrim -- isn't that simple because there's the underlying technical complication beneath the surface that needs to be dealt with in the same way I have to conduct brain surgery with a fork and knife.

I had the Thieves' Guild mod to be taken off circulation and rebuilt because of some teeny-weeny conflict which could screw up the game, or so I was told by a player who's a bit OCD. Makes me remember about more than a decade ago I tried playing around with editing Doom levels.

In the hobby of making mods, sometimes it ain't fun and games, as I have to deal with a half-volatile crowd who I understand could be lot smarter than me.

--------
On the other hand, well, I had fun playing around with the new ENB (I can now edit settings on the fly and in-game):
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 02:56   Link #3647
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
What was the complication?
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 03:05   Link #3648
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What was the complication?
Things like UDRs, ITMs, navmeshes, referenced objects, the ugly innards that I get while putting the mods through the TES5edit wringer, only to be told that I have to go back and rebuild the mod again because of those loose ends, which I was told, could make people lose their items in a barrel (but barrels do respawn, unlike chests, cabinets, safes).

This is where mod creation gets nasty because of the loose/deleted references, and it has become de rigueur for most mod authors to clean before uploading.

In other words, it's a headache trying to load Creation Kit or TES5edit (he said five minutes to fix it, when it could be five hours for me) just to fix something, and only to make things worse.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 04:14   Link #3649
Fahd
* >/dev/null
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Quite a few people on the official forums are absolutely outraged at the idea of the PS3 Skyrim players getting a discount on Dragonborn while they're not getting a discount on it...
People need to quit their whining, and learn how to use Steam Alerts . Bethesda has been pretty good about temporarily discounting their DLC on Steam a few months after it comes out: For example, Dawnguard was released at 13.99 on August 3rd, was discounted to 9.79 on October 2nd, and then once again to 6.99 on November 23rd, which was when I picked it up (see the graph at the bottom of this page). So two months after it came out you got 30% off, and at four months you could get it at half-price.

Given Dawnguard's split main-story (playing as a vampire or as a hunter) I didn't think it was worth paying more than ~7-8 for it, as I wasn't going to play the vampire side. For Dragonborn... I think I'll wait till it gets to ~10. If I add that to the 7 I paid for Dawnguard (~17), and look at the content for both, I'd say I got about one expansion pack's worth of gaming .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
On the other hand, well, I had fun playing around with the new ENB (I can now edit settings on the fly and in-game):
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nice character model & rainbow. I wonder if you can have multiple rainbows in Skyrim as well?
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 12:26   Link #3650
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
There's a rainbow mod that will also produce other kinds, such as double rainbows and rare night moondogs.

BTW, the Thieves' Guild mod for the guildmaster is back.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30041
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 15:54   Link #3651
cronnoponno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Some recommended SkyRe
I have nothing but the highest praise for this mod, Vanilla Skyrim is a huge mass of unbalanced and broken features, skills, and perks. Heavy armor is a terrible skill, it'd take a bit of explanation why but there is NO reason to use it over light armor, sneak is HAX and extremely overpowered, some vanilla perks were extremely boring, Bretons were the superior race, and that's just the start of Skyrims balance issues.

SkyRE doesn't just buff the difficulty in the game, it literally changes EVERYTHING, it nerfs the broken parts of the game and buffs the useless parts of the game, it would take an essay to explain everything it changes but SkyRE no longer makes a player say to themselves ''Well, I know so-and-so path is underpowered and is generally useless, but I'm gonna play it anyway because I want to be unique!'', it rewards all unique styles of gameplay and just....man it's such a great mod, I don't think I can tolerate playing Vanilla Skyrim ever again after playing Skyrim redone. Another feature I loved is that it buffed the AI of enemies, enemies capable of blocking WILL block, and they are stubborn to let themselves be open to an attack, and if you try power attacking them, they WILL shield bash you and cancel it, enemies also get perks of their own so crappy perks like ''ignore armor'' on maces aren't useless... I need to shut up before I end up writing an essay.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 16:20   Link #3652
barcode120x
NS
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Age: 24
Anyone try the Dragonborn DLC on the 360 yet? I'm wondering if it's worth buying. I know before I had a quarrel with Dawnguard being too expensive ($20 at the time) but after playing it, it was well worth spent due to the addition of difficulty changing mods. I haven't played Skyrim since Auguest/September and I'm tempted to reinstall the game once Dragonborn comes out.
__________________
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 16:26   Link #3653
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Speaking of Dragonborn, it's currently available for pre-purchase on Steam.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 16:37   Link #3654
DuoRanger
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: who knows?
jesus its funny how those people on spacebattles loves to complain about Boobplates in skyrim

xena and other female characters had boobplates, even some roman gladiatorial armors had boobplates due to some female gladiators

anayway, did someone here had poblems too with Deadly Dragons these days, something like invisible NPCs walking around skyrim or even following you?
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 16:43   Link #3655
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
^ You understand Xena was a terrible show and was for horny teen age boys ...right? I remember watching it because my sister watched it and I couldn't stop my self from sighing at all the bad stuff. Maybe not terrible but bad.

That bare skin you see on most female armor, Can easily be protected with light chainmail, But no.. sex sells :P

Theres never any reason for a character to show more than a bit of skin in a game with fighting with swords... other than sex sells :P Unless she is very agile and fast. then she'd need to have her legs and arms lightly armored if at all, But theres no reason for breasts to be covered by nipple sized plates.
__________________

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2013-01-26 at 18:16.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 19:03   Link #3656
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
I have nothing but the highest praise for this mod, Vanilla Skyrim is a huge mass of unbalanced and broken features, skills, and perks. Heavy armor is a terrible skill, it'd take a bit of explanation why but there is NO reason to use it over light armor, sneak is HAX and extremely overpowered, some vanilla perks were extremely boring, Bretons were the superior race, and that's just the start of Skyrims balance issues.

SkyRE doesn't just buff the difficulty in the game, it literally changes EVERYTHING, it nerfs the broken parts of the game and buffs the useless parts of the game, it would take an essay to explain everything it changes but SkyRE no longer makes a player say to themselves ''Well, I know so-and-so path is underpowered and is generally useless, but I'm gonna play it anyway because I want to be unique!'', it rewards all unique styles of gameplay and just....man it's such a great mod, I don't think I can tolerate playing Vanilla Skyrim ever again after playing Skyrim redone. Another feature I loved is that it buffed the AI of enemies, enemies capable of blocking WILL block, and they are stubborn to let themselves be open to an attack, and if you try power attacking them, they WILL shield bash you and cancel it, enemies also get perks of their own so crappy perks like ''ignore armor'' on maces aren't useless... I need to shut up before I end up writing an essay.
I've got almost 10 different mods that do all sorts of tweaks in the areas you describe. Sounds like it is worth a look, especially if I can cut down on the total number of mods in my list.

Oh, now I remember why ... it requires SKSE. I've avoided SKSE mods so far and you really shouldn't do this unless you're starting characters from scratch.

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-01-26 at 19:18.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 21:00   Link #3657
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Oh, now I remember why ... it requires SKSE. I've avoided SKSE mods so far
Why? It's not like it does anything wrong.
__________________
Tokkan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 22:28   Link #3658
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
SKSE is fine, its the mods you gotta look out for, ALL Mods, don't just go download crazy.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 22:30   Link #3659
DuoRanger
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've got almost 10 different mods that do all sorts of tweaks in the areas you describe. Sounds like it is worth a look, especially if I can cut down on the total number of mods in my list.

Oh, now I remember why ... it requires SKSE. I've avoided SKSE mods so far and you really shouldn't do this unless you're starting characters from scratch.
well there's nothing wrong with SKSE, now that SkyUI has new Vegas ModConfigurator, skyrimPC its almost Complete
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 22:59   Link #3660
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I'll just say browsing the various game forums had me set it aside til I'm starting over completely (I have several characters in various points of play). Once I'm done with them I'll give it a shot.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.