AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-29, 05:58   Link #441
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Let's analyse the two girls that are interested in him

Masuzu: he acts completely different than any other MC, and won't go overboard in this pretend-boyfriend business since he's not interested in any of it, therefore acts as a good tool/toy/pet for her scheme. While it's obvious that she will fall for him in the future, at the moment she's too playful to be significant.

Chiwa: he dedicated his time and future for her sake. He learnt how to cook so he doesn't have to move out and can stay near her, and has a clear goal to become a top doctor so he can cure her. There's a massive amount of love coming from him and you are doubting Chiwa's feeling to Eita?
The thing is that Eita clearly confirmed that he and Masuzu are alike. Because they are. Eita cares for Chiwa as a little sister, but NOT in a romantic way. This is something entirely different.

Emotionally and intellectually, Masuzu is exactly on his wavelength, he just strongly disagrees with shoving their anti-romance sentiment down somebody else's throat. He feels physical attraction towards Masuzu, and he is NOT staying merely due to blackmail, but because he is a caring person by nature and feels that he doesn't WANT to desert her.

So, while he doesn't have any romantic inclinations towards Masuzu at this point, there is definitely a matching symmetry with her where more can be built upon. Chiwa on the other hand has pretty much maxed out her potential already, yet she is friendzoned. Which doesn't mean however that she won't try to do more
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 06:38   Link #442
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am having difficulty telling if you are supporting or contradicting my points, I'll take the former as benefit of the doubt.

I have a feeling that Chiwa was going it the wrong way to get his attention prior to this. Trying to be popular so he will get jealous? That certainly didn't work with Eita. Now that she's more open with her own feelings, perhaps she will actually go onto a direct offensive so that he will notice her more. They had a great history to begin with, if she managed to flip the attitude from him, from being a mere sister to actually potential girlfriend candidate, then she has a huge lead.

It would be interesting to see where the story heads next. Will Chiwa finally go on a full assault? Will Masuzu still do the whole "pretending" bs to justify her actions? Hopefully with more characters in the fray next ep there will be something that interrupts the balance.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 13:09   Link #443
rarely_upset
really cool guy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 21
Having a matching symmetry doesn't leave much to build upon when the part that matches is them being mutually disinterested in each other.
You can make the argument that "Eita is the only one not slobbering over her", but I don't see how "I'm only talking to you because you're blackmailing me" is any better.
__________________
Pretty in pink
rarely_upset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 13:28   Link #444
christinemarie
Best Imouto
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pink World
Age: 30
I can't believe this series didn't get its own sub-forums. I find it interesting. Eita probably would have a hard time by next episode although the study first before love would be still be intact unless her aunt's advice towards it would change everything.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 16:52   Link #445
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
I can't believe this series didn't get its own sub-forums.
well, vividred already got 900s posts while this one not yet 500.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 21:54   Link #446
Shimapan
Try me! <3
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberchu View Post
Why can Masuzu still blackmail Eita if he had just shown his Chuu2 side in public?
Masuzu has by now developed real feelings for him, so she won't let him go anymore, no matter what. The kiss she gave him was sincerely meant, even she tried to play it down with some stupid nonsese afterwards. I think Eita is slowly warming up to her as well.
About Chiwa, it looks like he only sees her as a little sister of sorts, without any romantic interest.

Eita was pretty stupid for not letting the thugs go after he drove them away with his lunatic act.
Anyway, during being beaten up, he said that "kanojo" was watching him. This was simply translated as "she", but often, it means "girlfriend", and I think that was the case here. That was probably the first time of him actually refering to Masuzu as his girlfriend. Masuzu was that surprised by this that she probably was too embarrassed to see him in school next day. When she had regained her composure, she apparently had finally decided to take Eita as her actual boyfriend, hence the kiss - and hence her turning up at his house the next morning
__________________
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 23:21   Link #447
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
I can't believe this series didn't get its own sub-forums. I find it interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
well, vividred already got 900s posts while this one not yet 500.
It's not really only about whether the show is interesting, or about the post count. Please see this for more information.
__________________
[...]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-30 at 22:36. Reason: Fixed link
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 00:11   Link #448
aliensporebomb
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mpls, mn, usa, urth
Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
I keep thinking about Masuzu saying "everything I say is a lie."

Spoiler:


In other words, what Shimapan said.
__________________
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 00:31   Link #449
takai
Easy Muffin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Masuzu has by now developed real feelings for him, so she won't let him go anymore, no matter what. The kiss she gave him was sincerely meant, even she tried to play it down with some stupid nonsese afterwards. I think Eita is slowly warming up to her as well.
About Chiwa, it looks like he only sees her as a little sister of sorts, without any romantic interest.
I think Masuzu had feelings for him before this whole thing even started. I think the fact that he could careless about how she looks turned her on, I've seen it before. She probably wouldn't admit it though.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 00:49   Link #450
rarely_upset
really cool guy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 21
While they could say that she picked him out because he's the only one cold to her, I'd prefer something different—maybe she was really impressed by whoever wrote Burning Fighting Fighter's notebook, or something. Liking him because he doesn't like her just feels wrong.
__________________
Pretty in pink
rarely_upset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 01:17   Link #451
takai
Easy Muffin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarely_upset View Post
While they could say that she picked him out because he's the only one cold to her, I'd prefer something different—maybe she was really impressed by whoever wrote Burning Fighting Fighter's notebook, or something. Liking him because he doesn't like her just feels wrong.
Who said he didn't like her? He just wasn't entranced by her looks like the other guys, he was different. Which is why I think she was initially attracted to him.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 04:15   Link #452
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Anyway, during being beaten up, he said that "kanojo" was watching him. This was simply translated as "she", but often, it means "girlfriend", and I think that was the case here. That was probably the first time of him actually refering to Masuzu as his girlfriend.
I see more people complaining about hat, but I disagree. 'Kanojo' means either 'girlfriend' or 'she', so the translators got it right, especially when it was never specified who Eita was really talking about. For all intents and purposes, we assume he meant Masuzu, since the common use for the word is indeed 'girlfriend', but given his reaction to Chiwa when she asked him, I think he could very well have meant her as well (and I personally believed he was). This doesn't mean he started seeing Chiwa as something more than just a childhood friend, just that he cares about her as much as he (seems to) care about Masuzu (maybe even a bit more).

Quote:
Masuzu was that surprised by this that she probably was too embarrassed to see him in school next day. When she had regained her composure, she apparently had finally decided to take Eita as her actual boyfriend, hence the kiss - and hence her turning up at his house the next morning
I can find myself in that first part, though I don't think she's more serious about their whole relationship overall, just more aware of the competition. And this will only get worse, once the other two girls come into play. And from what I've seen in the pre-air special, Chiwa will be the least of Masuzu's worries, and she hasn't even shaken her off yet.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 05:59   Link #453
Witheirate
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wichita
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's not really only about whether the show is interesting, or about the post count. Please see Subforums FAQ for more information.
Fix that for you.

Anyway, rule number one about subforums is don't discuss it.
__________________
Witheirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:30   Link #454
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I see more people complaining about hat, but I disagree. 'Kanojo' means either 'girlfriend' or 'she', so the translators got it right, especially when it was never specified who Eita was really talking about. For all intents and purposes, we assume he meant Masuzu, since the common use for the word is indeed 'girlfriend', but given his reaction to Chiwa when she asked him, I think he could very well have meant her as well (and I personally believed he was). This doesn't mean he started seeing Chiwa as something more than just a childhood friend, just that he cares about her as much as he (seems to) care about Masuzu (maybe even a bit more).



I can find myself in that first part, though I don't think she's more serious about their whole relationship overall, just more aware of the competition. And this will only get worse, once the other two girls come into play. And from what I've seen in the pre-air special, Chiwa will be the least of Masuzu's worries, and she hasn't even shaken her off yet.
The translators of Crunchy sure never got it wrong in the strictest sense; after all, 'she' can still be applicable even if he's referring to Masuzu. But there's actually intention of creating ambiguity there, especially when it flashes to the 3rd girl, when she echos it out. After all,
Spoilers
Spoiler for with reference to the anime website on the 3rd girl
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Of course, 'she' won't be wrong here as well strictly speaking, just that the ambiguity wasn't captured since CR used 'she' for all of them.

And I beg to differ that he might be referring to Chiwa. If you slide back a few minutes earlier, he said to Masuzu "Don't look down or you will miss your boyfriend's hour of triumph". So I'd reckon that he was actually referring to Masuzu watching him.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 15:46   Link #455
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Fuck Masuzu. She's a vindictive bitch who takes pleasure in the suffering of others that she orchastrates. I don't give a shit if she has a checkered past. Your ability to rise above the shit that happens to you and develop a decent character in the face of those bad experiences is apart of the challenge of life and Masuzu has comprehensively failed that test.

Team Chiwa all the way and fuck do I feel dirty phrasing it like that.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 17:45   Link #456
rarely_upset
really cool guy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Who said he didn't like her? He just wasn't entranced by her looks like the other guys, he was different. Which is why I think she was initially attracted to him.
He himself said that he wasn't interested in love or girls, and I don't see why he would be lying to himself. He did not like her. Until she blackmailed him, she might as well have been dirt on the floor for all he cared about her.
__________________
Pretty in pink
rarely_upset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 19:08   Link #457
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
Fuck Masuzu. She's a vindictive bitch who takes pleasure in the suffering of others that she orchastrates. I don't give a shit if she has a checkered past. Your ability to rise above the shit that happens to you and develop a decent character in the face of those bad experiences is apart of the challenge of life and Masuzu has comprehensively failed that test.

Team Chiwa all the way and fuck do I feel dirty phrasing it like that.
Although I wouldn't have exactly phrased it that way in a public forum, I think you've hit the nail on the head in regards to Masuzu's character. Thanks.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 21:41   Link #458
Shimapan
Try me! <3
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
I think Masuzu had feelings for him before this whole thing even started. I think the fact that he could careless about how she looks turned her on, I've seen it before. She probably wouldn't admit it though.
Hmm... yes, I could see that. While she has got countless confessions and possibly got fed up with it, he was the only one not showing interest in her. That could've piqued her interest, and she could've thought up a way to make him her boyfriend. So the "fake boyfriend" thing could've been not to get rid of further confessions, but to actually get him as a boyfriend
I still think that she only thought of it as a game at first, solely meant for her entertainment, before she got seriously interested in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Who said he didn't like her? He just wasn't entranced by her looks like the other guys, he was different. Which is why I think she was initially attracted to him.
Actually, no. I'd say that he's just as entranced by her looks as all the other boys. It's just because of his "anti-love" disposition that he never (openly) showed any interest in her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
And I beg to differ that he might be referring to Chiwa. If you slide back a few minutes earlier, he said to Masuzu "Don't look down or you will miss your boyfriend's hour of triumph". So I'd reckon that he was actually referring to Masuzu watching him.
Yes, most likely he was indeed referring to Masuzu. I don't see why he should suddenly want to address Chiwa there... but hey, let the Chiwa shippers have their fun
__________________
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 23:08   Link #459
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Albany
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
reply

Spoiler for Megami/Nyantype:
__________________
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Come on! I don't feel like losing!" - Johnny Ridden, The Crimson Lightning
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato, The Nightmare of Solomon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 00:06   Link #460
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My avatar shall reveal it to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Spoiler for Megami/Nyantype:
Why is Masuzu so delicious?

(oh Chiwa was there too?)
__________________


"My First Bishoujo"
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.