AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 10 31.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 34.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-30, 06:51   Link #41
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 20
Man, this ep just made me switch to the Nanami camp, even though it's a sinking ship.

;_;
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 08:01   Link #42
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Man, this ep just made me switch to the Nanami camp, even though it's a sinking ship.

;_;
Welcome to the camp! Put your life jacket on! We're far out-numbered and surrounded by the enemy, and there is little hope for reinforcement or, indeed, survival. If past episodes are anything to guide us by, our heroine will be dealt not one, but two crushing blows in the next episode.

It matters little that Nanami would clearly be the best choice for a successful long-term relationship. The MC is your typical boy character who falls for the typical girl character who uses sex appeal to get her man (mainly since she has nothing else to offer).
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 08:09   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
It matters little that Nanami would clearly be the best choice for a successful long-term relationship. The MC is your typical boy character who falls for the typical girl character who uses sex appeal to get her man (mainly since she has nothing else to offer).
Wow, denial much? Please keep it in the KyoAni series threads, we don't need that nonsense here.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-01-30 at 08:45.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 08:56   Link #44
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
The way she rejected the classmate which name escapes me few episodes back, makes Nanami deserving her sinking ship.
__________________
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 09:04   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
The way she rejected the classmate which name escapes me few episodes back, makes Nanami deserving her sinking ship.
Was there a way that she should reject so as to not deserve her sinking ship?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 09:28   Link #46
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
The way she rejected the classmate which name escapes me few episodes back, makes Nanami deserving her sinking ship.
The guy whose name I don't remember just confess out of the blue without even thinking properly and his timing is way off since Nanami is in the hurry. That guy deserves it though maybe not outright rejection but it looks like he already knows it but he still moves on because it will just leave lingering regrets if he doesn't say it.

Actually, now that you mention it. That guy reminds me of Nanami in a way that Nanami should already notice it, with the way Sorata treats Mashiro but she still moves on and make a move. Good luck Nanami I will cheer for you. (readying a heavy drink because I will be needing it)
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 09:48   Link #47
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wow, denial much? Please keep it in the KyoAni series threads, we don't need that nonsense here.
Oh, my apologies. I didn't realize that you were the thread police and that I was only allowed to voice your opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
The way she rejected the classmate which name escapes me few episodes back, makes Nanami deserving her sinking ship.
How does rejecting an unwanted confession equate to deserving a rejection of your own confession? Or do you just want her to fail, no matter what?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 10:04   Link #48
totoum
Me at work
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
It matters little that Nanami would clearly be the best choice for a successful long-term relationship.
Beside the fact I don't see how that's the case,I don't see why it should matter.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 15:45   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Oh, my apologies. I didn't realize that you were the thread police and that I was only allowed to voice your opinions.
Ah the oppressed victim of freedom card? Yeah seen it before already.

Next time try to actually back-up your statements with relevant facts.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 18:47   Link #50
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Beside the fact I don't see how that's the case,I don't see why it should matter.
It doesn't matter that the relationship the MC has with whoever is long-term, or successful? Or it doesn't matter who is the best "choice?" I'm not clear on what your response alludes to.

Although Mashiro may have many qualities to recommend her as an artist, what qualities does she have, other than sexual attractiveness, that would make her a better girlfriend than Nanami? As an outside observer, I would find Nanami far more suitable for a long-term relationship. Mashiro would be good for a very short-term fling before I got tired of having to remind her to get dressed and put her pants on before going outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ah the oppressed victim of freedom card? Yeah seen it before already.

Next time try to actually back-up your statements with relevant facts.
I suspect that if we continue this banter the real thread police will get annoyed and issue us warnings.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 18:56   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
It doesn't matter that the relationship the MC has with whoever is long-term, or successful? Or it doesn't matter who is the best "choice?" I'm not clear on what your response alludes to.

Although Mashiro may have many qualities to recommend her as an artist, what qualities does she have, other than sexual attractiveness, that would make her a better girlfriend than Nanami? As an outside observer, I would find Nanami far more suitable for a long-term relationship. Mashiro would be good for a very short-term fling before I got tired of having to remind her to get dressed and put her pants on before going outside.
See, the problem I have with your statement is that you're treating Nanami as nothing more than a 'resource' to serve and take care of her lover. You might not have said it, but that's what you're implying by 'long terms'.

Loyality? They're both equal.
Determination and hardworking? Yup both of them again.
Honesty? Same again.
Kindness? Same again.
Understanding? Both.
Selflessness? Easily both.

Here's an idea- how about instead of just thinking about who would benefit Sorata, have you consider who would benefit from him?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 18:58   Link #52
bastek66
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Although Mashiro may have many qualities to recommend her as an artist, what qualities does she have, other than sexual attractiveness, that would make her a better girlfriend than Nanami? As an outside observer, I would find Nanami far more suitable for a long-term relationship. Mashiro would be good for a very short-term fling before I got tired of having to remind her to get dressed and put her pants on before going outside.
In short: Waaaahhh Aoyama is failure so she deserves Sorata as a prize for that.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 19:22   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well my condolences for Nanami, but at least we can hope she goes out fighting. At least she's had some pretty nice moments to this point. I didn't really want to give Nanami a chance since she seemed doomed from the start, but has done a nice job and been a likable character. But will save the eulogy for her ship until it actually sinks.

I don't see either option as being particularly negative. Mashiro and Sorata have managed to spark each other into growing as people while Sorata and Nanami have had moments of understanding since neither are extremely talented.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 19:41   Link #54
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
See, the problem I have with your statement is that you're treating Nanami as nothing more than a 'resource' to serve and take care of her lover. You might not have said it, but that's what you're implying by 'long terms'.
Is it just me, or is it general policy here on these forums to assume what other people think? It really is a bore when other people think they know what goes on inside my head.

Quote:
Loyality? They're both equal.
Determination and hardworking? Yup both of them again.
Honesty? Same again.
Kindness? Same again.
Understanding? Both.
Selflessness? Easily both.
Well, I could argue in favor of Nanami on a couple of those points, as well as a few others. Maybe we should just see if you know what I'm thinking.

Quote:
Here's an idea- how about instead of just thinking about who would benefit Sorata,
There you go assuming things again. I couldn't care less who would benefit Sorata. My opinion was that Nanami was "far more suitable for a long-term relationship," irrelevant as to who she might hook up with. This is not based on "treating Nanami as nothing more than a 'resource' to serve and take care of her lover," as you so chauvinistically put it. Quite the opposite, I like that she is a completely independent, capable woman, as opposed to Mashiro who is completely dependent on others for even the most basics of day-to-day living.

Quote:
have you consider who would benefit from him?
Well, it's obvious that Mashiro would be the one to receive more benefit, since Nanami already knows how to clean herself, brush her teeth, dress herself, make her own meals, go to school on her own, take a bus or train somewhere and return home, etc., etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
In short: Waaaahhh Aoyama is failure so she deserves Sorata as a prize for that.
You've got that wrong. Failure or not, she deserves someone better than Sorata.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 20:12   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Is it just me, or is it general policy here on these forums to assume what other people think? It really is a bore when other people think they know what goes on inside my head.
It's not my fault if you can't express yourself clearly and in a way that doesn't seem to imply that you're watching a different show from everybody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Well, I could argue in favor of Nanami on a couple of those points, as well as a few others. Maybe we should just see if you know what I'm thinking.
Nice dodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
There you go assuming things again. I couldn't care less who would benefit Sorata. My opinion was that Nanami was "far more suitable for a long-term relationship," irrelevant as to who she might hook up with. This is not based on "treating Nanami as nothing more than a 'resource' to serve and take care of her lover," as you so chauvinistically put it. Quite the opposite, I like that she is a completely independent, capable woman, as opposed to Mashiro who is completely dependent on others for even the most basics of day-to-day living.
That would have been fine except in your very first post you claim that Mashiro have nothing else to offer which automatically discredit you because everybody knows that's a lie. Sorata has made lots of improvement and progress ever since she came into his life and have supported him wholeheartedly every step of the way.

Even if it wasn't Sorata, it's not hard to see her inspiring people to pursuit their dreams.

Nanami is not 'better', she's 'different'. She's more suited for people who have no patience to take care of the people who have given them so much.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 20:21   Link #56
totoum
Me at work
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
It doesn't matter that the relationship the MC has with whoever is long-term, or successful? Or it doesn't matter who is the best "choice?" I'm not clear on what your response alludes to.
I'll try again then

Quote:
It matters little that Nanami would clearly be the best choice for a successful long-term relationship.
How is that a problem?

I honestly couldn't care less about who the best choice for a successful long term relationship is,most teenagers don't care about this kind of stuff and I don't see why Sorata should.

For the record I'd totally go with Nanami because I'd probably lose my mind after a few weeks on Mashiro duty.

That said someone as selfless as Sorata wouldn't ever get tired of reminding her to put her panties on in the morning like you and I would.So I really don't think that's a problem long term for him anyway,not to mention she's improved as time as gone on and if Sorata would seriously threaten to leave her if she didn't make more efforts to be independent I'm sure she would make those efforts.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 20:22   Link #57
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Hahaha, typical retort: "Best girl won because she didn't end with MC".


Another one. Typical degrading character who is rival of your favourite. You suck.
It's always the same typical behavior. In every romance story, ther are fanboys/girls who do that.
Facepalming.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 20:51   Link #58
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'll try again then
Thanks for the response.

We are in agreement then, in principle, as I have no argument with your response. Except, perhaps, Sorata does seem to occasionally get tired of babysitting Mashiro, unless it is just his nature to get mad at her when she repeatedly does (or doesn't) do something the way he has "taught" her to. Of course, that may also just be her way of getting attention.

And, you're right that long-term qualifications mean next to nothing for most teenagers, though Misaki and Nanami both seem ready to delve into a long-term relationship. Jin has had a buffet of short-term relationships and appears to want a long-term relationship with Misaki, but has convinced himself that postponing it is the best route to take at the moment. Sorata, on the other hand, doesn't seem ready for any romantic relationship, of any length, though he might be slightly less clueless on that front than Mashiro.

I don't know about Japan, but most High School romances don't seem to end up being long-term, anyway, so I suppose it's a moot point.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 20:57   Link #59
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
*looks around thread*

Has it become this interesting between Misaki and Nanami? I fell behind 4 episodes, so I guess it's about time I catch up. In the mean time, take it easy good fans!
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 21:00   Link #60
iAmYurina
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oakland, CA
The Series is very cute i really like it.
iAmYurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.