AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-31, 12:24   Link #9501
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
NSFW SANKAKU : AKB48′s Minami Minegishi Shaves Off Hair As Sex Apology



That has got to be the most desperate media stunt. Ever.
she should just skip right to the JAV career.

all those ex-AKB48 members can form a new JAV Idol Group
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 12:57   Link #9502
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ Man .. do I hate the "idol culture" in Japan. It absolute disgusts me. I can only think of increasingly poor adjectives to lather on these useless wastes of space.
I think of it more as a descendant of the female entertainers of the past, namely the new generation geishas, albeit with shorter skirts and more energy.

The culture of entertainment didn't change much. Providing song and dance with utmost professionalism, and being the "good and obedient" money-maker for whoever is "taking care" of them. If providing sex is required, the "clothes must not be undone" (meaning to do it and not get caught by anyone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
she should just skip right to the JAV career.

all those ex-AKB48 members can form a new JAV Idol Group
I think, being 4 full years younger than me at 20 years old, she still can just "graduate" and go back to school. Quit being an idol and get a proper diploma or degree, and get a proper job. An idol or singer is even more dead-end than a seiyuu, if I am not wrong, most seiyuu are actually capable or certified for something else other than voice acting - Norio Wakamoto is ex-riot police and Kana Hanazawa is a university student (probably graduated given her age, damn I want to date her! Even though she's abit chubby.).

With the advent of video streaming on the internet, "rare" talent as displayed by those agencies are no longer as rare it is thought to be in the age of modern music. To quote the character Ogata Rina from White Album, "What are we? As a singer, we only last 2 to 3 years, and if we are lucky, maybe 5."
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 14:48   Link #9503
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Norio Wakamoto is ex-riot police
What did he do? Show up at riots with a loudspeaker and order the rioters to go home? (I'm pretty sure it'd work on me...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 15:17   Link #9504
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Kana Hanazawa is a university student (probably graduated given her age, damn I want to date her! Even though she's abit chubby.)
She graduated in 2011, majoring in Japanese Literature (she's a real bungaku shoujo). Anything further is her privacy.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 19:59   Link #9505
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What did he do? Show up at riots with a loudspeaker and order the rioters to go home? (I'm pretty sure it'd work on me...)
Nah he would probably encourage the rioters to go home with that charming voice of his.

He is supposedly a qualified martial artist as well, according to wikipedia. And I remember that riot police actually have a degree of hidden power, most of it which is within the gray area of the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
She graduated in 2011, majoring in Japanese Literature (she's a real bungaku shoujo). Anything further is her privacy.
She took after her Kaminomi character?

If she did then it is safe to assume that she is just as adorable and innocent - I mean I don't think she will be as into those disgusting illegal stuff.

I digress, however I think that being an idol means more time is spent on image and fan-management that "personal life" no longer exists.

To quote Shakespeare, her time on stage is up. As a good player she should exit gracefully.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 20:12   Link #9506
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Choking in China? Try ’Pristine Tibet’ Air in a Can

Quote:
As north China chokes on toxic smog, a Chinese entrepreneur is offering a solution: canned air.
Millionaire Chen Guangbiao is selling fresh air in soft drink cans for 5 yuan (80 cents) a pop. The air comes in flavors including “Pristine Tibet,” “Post-industrial Taiwan” and “Revolutionary Yan’an.” A portion of the proceeds will go to charity, the International Business Times reports.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-in-a-can.html
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 20:38   Link #9507
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Canned Air?....Perri-Air
(Mel Brooks was right!)
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 00:55   Link #9508
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of World War II


Damn, how can people even survive like that? Talk about hardcore camping trips.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 01:13   Link #9509
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
she should just skip right to the JAV career.

all those ex-AKB48 members can form a new JAV Idol Group
Goddamn it, you people latching on that bullshit of a website and Perez Hilton. Read here instead:

Quote:
I am very sorry for worrying the members, you fans, staff members, my family, and many people for the article about me on a weekly magazine that will be released today.

As the first generation member of AKB48 that was formed back in 2005, I was supposed to be in the position where I always had to act as a role model for the junior members. However, what I have done was such a thoughtless and a lack of self-awareness behavior.

Since my mind is still in blank, I did not know what to do or what I can do, but as I just saw the magazine, I could not sit still, so I decided all by myself to shave my head without even telling the members or my agency.

I do not expect that I would be forgiven by doing this, but what I first thought was that I did not want to quit AKB48.

I was unable to think of leaving AKB48 now where the members I love and spent my youth together, and you warm fans are. I know this is being over‐optimistic, but I want to stay as Minegishi Minami of AKB48 if possible.

It was all my fault about this. I am very sorry.

I will leave everything to Akimoto-sensei’s and the management’s judgement. Though I haven’t been able to sort out my feelings, I just wanted to tell you how I was feeling right now.

Thank you.
From theater manager Togasaki:
Quote:
From AKB staff blog

Q. Why did you broadcast such video online?

A. Minegishi wanted to apologize to fans, so we prepared a video quickly. But when we prepared the set, we were notified that she “wanted to apologize bald” , and allowed her to appear as such in order to convey her strong feelings regarding AKB.

Q. Was it necessary to shave her bald?

A. Was it necessary? Was it not necessary? Probably not, but this was her choice.

Q. Could you not stop her?

A. When she entered the make up room she was already bald apparently. The staff tried to stop her but she apparently said that in order to be remorseful she took scissors to her hair.

Q. Isn’t the punishment for her unequal compared to other members?

A. For each member they each have different circumstances. For example, certain members may have been warned a lot or others may have been on their way to graduate or have had their past uncovered. Or they could have broken some other rule.

Each member is treated on a case by case instance.

Q. Minegishi uploaded a photo of herself smiling with first generations, is she properly reflecting on her actions?

A. Before her Team B performance she apologized to the crowd.

- Togasaki Tomonobu, AKB48 General Theater Manager
Protip: For non-fans to talk about real idols -- whether it's AKB, Morning Musume, Hello!Project, Momoclo Z, etc. -- means having to do the research first. Any more further discussions about the Minegishi incident should go down to the AKB thread in the Music section.
__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2013-02-01 at 01:51.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 02:31   Link #9510
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Goddamn it, you people latching on that bullshit of a website and Perez Hilton. Read here instead:
As much as Sankaku is a site that writes somewhat inflammatory articles through a caustic and sarcastic tone, calling it a "bullshit of a site" is degratory.

It is meant for entertainment, not a serious read. I was hoping someone would link it to the official Japanese one with a TL because I am not good at reading Japanese, however I am not expecting a fan to barge in and bash those who lack acute knowledge of idols as "trending news bandwagon jumpers".

Lastly, Xellos is being sarcastic, and highlighting the "post-graduation career" of Rina Nakanishi as an "Adult Video Entertainer". If you want to quote people as "latchers", quote us all, not just the one with a morbid sense of humour.

Quote:
Protip: For non-fans to talk about real idols -- whether it's AKB, Morning Musume, Hello!Project, Momoclo Z, etc. -- means having to do the research first. Any more further discussions about the Minegishi incident should go down to the AKB thread in the Music section.
This is a discussion about the idol and entertainment scene in Japan, not just about a single group. I brought in the culture of geishas and seiyuus to expand the debate out of just one girlband, so why are you hijacking and privatising this discussion to an overspecialised thread?

I don't know if I should create a new thread about this, I will wait for a mod's next suggestion because this may only be a short discussion that does not merit a new thread to be created. For the time being, subsequent replies with regards to Minegishi and idol-related issues should be kept here until it runs dry for us to move on.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 02:55   Link #9511
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ Man .. do I hate the "idol culture" in Japan. It absolute disgusts me. I can only think of increasingly poor adjectives to lather on these useless wastes of space.
You say that...do you even know the full thing behind Japan's idol culture? I normally don't support AKB itself since I'm honestly neutral towards them but just blasting the whole culture? Do you even know its history and the finer details of it?

Quote:
calling it a "bullshit of a site" is degratory.
Bullshit...

In other news, Youtube comments are sewage.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 03:27   Link #9512
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Bullshit...

In other news, Youtube comments are sewage.
And then what about 2ch and 4ch?

Let's face it, news are boring. Sankaku merely takes one, twists it towards an incredibly silly perpective, and publish it - something tabloids and from the recent trend I am seeing, many news agencies are doing (or have been doing for a long time). What do we call them? Entertainment.

So why do we get dissed and annoyed when we should be smirking at how irrational it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You say that...do you even know the full thing behind Japan's idol culture? I normally don't support AKB itself since I'm honestly neutral towards them but just blasting the whole culture? Do you even know its history and the finer details of it?
Not everyone knows about the idol culture in Japan because in that unique place with unique values, the idea of "worship" can be very wide. Even Wikipedia only gives a very rough summary of it.

Today, the Japanese idols may seem to some like an avatar of capitalism, with the aura and mystique of the idols' out-of-ordinary lifestyles as compared to the average Japanese citizen. I don't fault Will for thinking like that because sometimes, that mystique portrayed may be considered decadent, especially to those who are more consistently exposed to the harsher and unpleasant circumstances (and garbage people, by force of course in their line of work) of life.

That is why wherever there is a debate of idol culture between parties with different perspectives, I always bring in the geishas : helps alot of filter out the hardcore worshippers, know-nothing-but-unwilling-to-learn, and history-deniers. Japan's greatest export since the Meiji Restoration, I would say, is its image as run by its media.

So from the start since Commodore Perry's visit and the realisation of backwardness, is Japan exporting their image or media? We will never know.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 06:29   Link #9513
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
The danger is that some facts and truths get twisted around by those sites to the point of misinforming the public at large. So there will be this mistaken perception that all idol groups are harmful, and many uneducated people fall for this witch-hunting (like OMG THOSE POOR GIRLS THEY SHOULD SHUT DOWN IDOLS).

And I'm sorry to say but idols generally don't lead lives of conspicuous consumption, unlike their Western counterparts.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 09:51   Link #9514
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And then what about 2ch and 4ch?

Let's face it, news are boring. Sankaku merely takes one, twists it towards an incredibly silly perpective, and publish it - something tabloids and from the recent trend I am seeing, many news agencies are doing (or have been doing for a long time). What do we call them? Entertainment.

So why do we get dissed and annoyed when we should be smirking at how irrational it is?
That was meant to be tongue in cheek lol. 2ch is bad but not as crude as Youtube I find...YT is special.


Quote:
Not everyone knows about the idol culture in Japan because in that unique place with unique values, the idea of "worship" can be very wide. Even Wikipedia only gives a very rough summary of it.

Today, the Japanese idols may seem to some like an avatar of capitalism, with the aura and mystique of the idols' out-of-ordinary lifestyles as compared to the average Japanese citizen. I don't fault Will for thinking like that because sometimes, that mystique portrayed may be considered decadent, especially to those who are more consistently exposed to the harsher and unpleasant circumstances (and garbage people, by force of course in their line of work) of life.

That is why wherever there is a debate of idol culture between parties with different perspectives, I always bring in the geishas : helps alot of filter out the hardcore worshippers, know-nothing-but-unwilling-to-learn, and history-deniers. Japan's greatest export since the Meiji Restoration, I would say, is its image as run by its media.

So from the start since Commodore Perry's visit and the realisation of backwardness, is Japan exporting their image or media? We will never know.
Is not just geisha...go back to the early modern music scene of all those pioneer Enka people from the 50s and 60s and the work of the early idol singers in the 70s and 80s like Matsuda Seiko and Yamaguchi Momoe and see how they all link down to the present in this "genre" Don't just condemn an entire line of people without knowing anything about them.

Even if current ones may do stuff that conservatives (because seriously only those would really find anything wrong with the general public attention catching crap that crops up from time to time) find distasteful, that doesn't mean it's a general trend
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 10:05   Link #9515
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You say that...do you even know the full thing behind Japan's idol culture? I normally don't support AKB itself since I'm honestly neutral towards them but just blasting the whole culture? Do you even know its history and the finer details of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
The danger is that some facts and truths get twisted around by those sites to the point of misinforming the public at large. So there will be this mistaken perception that all idol groups are harmful, and many uneducated people fall for this witch-hunting (like OMG THOSE POOR GIRLS THEY SHOULD SHUT DOWN IDOLS).

And I'm sorry to say but idols generally don't lead lives of conspicuous consumption, unlike their Western counterparts.
I actually do know a bit about idol culture in Japan. One of my best friends in highschool was from Kyoto and introduced me to all of it (as well as various KPOP groups that emerged in popularity at the time.) He was a huge fan of Morning Musume and I spent the better part of 3 years learning everything about them. I was also well aware of the various "fall from grace" situations due to personal relationship scandals.

As for the people I am referring to as useless waste of space I'm referring to the "my waifu" style fans and fanatics that are not isolated to Japan, but are apparently numerous enough to dictate acceptable behavior. I also have a close friend that is in the entertainment industry in HK. So, yes, it continues to disgust me because these reactions to behavior by these public figures is in turn a representation of their fans own personalities.
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 10:20   Link #9516
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think, being 4 full years younger than me at 20 years old, she still can just "graduate" and go back to school. Quit being an idol and get a proper diploma or degree, and get a proper job. An idol or singer is even more dead-end than a seiyuu, if I am not wrong, most seiyuu are actually capable or certified for something else other than voice acting - Norio Wakamoto is ex-riot police and Kana Hanazawa is a university student (probably graduated given her age, damn I want to date her! Even though she's abit chubby.).


Don't you dare call Kana-chan chubby you discriminating loli lover!
Should i scare you with tales of Kana possibly being a Fujoshi?
Or should i call Sumeragi-nee-sama and have her "teach you" on what happens when you call a girl fat?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 10:21   Link #9517
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Kana-chan isn't a fujoshi, although she is different from your sterotypical "bubbly" schoolgirl.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 10:23   Link #9518
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
As for the people I am referring to as useless waste of space I'm referring to the "my waifu" style fans and fanatics that are not isolated to Japan, but are apparently numerous enough to dictate acceptable behavior. I also have a close friend that is in the entertainment industry in HK. So, yes, it continues to disgust me because these reactions to behavior by these public figures is in turn a representation of their fans own personalities.
Those things? It is true that those things are a significant enough part of the consumer base. How significant compared to fans and common buyers doesn't seem to be clear but how they react cannot be controlled no? If there's one thing that should be done is to stop pandering to them who do not recognize skill. Other than that, you can't really fault the creators for it
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 10:26   Link #9519
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Those things? It is true that those things are a significant enough part of the consumer base. How significant compared to fans and common buyers doesn't seem to be clear but how they react cannot be controlled no? If there's one thing that should be done is to stop pandering to them who do not recognize skill. Other than that, you can't really fault the creators for it
That's what bothers me -- it's the industry that is pandering to them or otherwise acquiescing to their demands. The fact that their opinions is what determines what is or isn't acceptable is appalling, no? You dismiss them, but their "voice" is strong enough to move the industry.
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 10:30   Link #9520
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
It shouldn't be seen as something ironclad...one of these days, if they push too far, they'll offend the other half of the consumer base. And then the PR people will get burnt for it like in that Kokoro Connect fiasco.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.