AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-26, 11:17   Link #101
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Hell, what does "Shokugeki" mean? I thought it means "cooking that makes you strip"!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 12:34   Link #102
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
It doesn't mean anything, it's a made up word.
Shoku is eating, and Geki is the chinese spear.

The kanji for "Shokugeki" is similar to kanji for "Shokutaku", a dinner table, so that's probably where it spawned from. Double pun that with "shougeki", a shock, which probably explains the reactions.
We don't know what it means in the story yet, although I would gather it's some form of gourmet contest of culinary students.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 12:46   Link #103
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
japanese version of "Top Chef"
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 18:24   Link #104
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Oh, yes finally we're gonna see more Erina next chapter.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 18:32   Link #105
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I lol'ed when he was surprised too when the girls were surprised.

Watching girls eat with this kind of art is a guilty pleasure in itself.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 03:14   Link #106
Iron Maw
Ba'al Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's a "seat" though. Seats are usually ranked, when numbers are assigned to it.
Ah, good point. I wonder if manga will just skip some ranks then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Tosh only illustrates this manga. Someone else does the story.
Whoops, thanks for correction.

Admitting I never really looked at author. Most Jump Mangaka usually write their own plots and since we normally just talk about Tosh whenever we mention staff I ended up thinking he was doing everything.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 05:04   Link #107
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
in general :
I have feeling this series won't last...That's what i'm thinking about even the arts and story Good .

For the chapters :
I started to read it yesterday ...Eechi everywhere even with tastes XD .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 06:18   Link #108
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
in general :
I have feeling this series won't last...That's what i'm thinking about even the arts and story Good .

For the chapters :
I started to read it yesterday ...Eechi everywhere even with tastes XD .
Hmm.. I don't think so. At least at the moment its going strong. The reactions are practically the only time you can do ecchi. Since this is jump afterall.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 17:07   Link #109
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
^ Not really. Did you forget about To Love Ru? Ane Doki?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 06:57   Link #110
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Hmm.. I don't think so. At least at the moment its going strong. The reactions are practically the only time you can do ecchi. Since this is jump after all.
The reason why I'm thinking for that because the arts similar with koisome momiji and Kagami no kuni no harisugawa ...Good story and arts but in the end done quick = \ .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 07:17   Link #111
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Those two were never as popular as this is right now.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 07:51   Link #112
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Those two were never as popular as this is right now.
I hope that ,,The characters in this series especially megumi so cute <3 .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 03:15   Link #113
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
^ Not really. Did you forget about To Love Ru? Ane Doki?
Darkness... still in jump. It was basically all ecchi no story. Hmm.. I was pretty bummed about Ane Doki too. It was pretty good. I feel like that mangaka should probably work on a different magazine. SnS has a story and they got a H artist to do the art. According to the last ch its really popular so we won't know. Food manga is a pretty hard say, but this food manga is pretty shounen.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 03:31   Link #114
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Darkness... still in jump. It was basically all ecchi no story. Hmm.. I was pretty bummed about Ane Doki too. It was pretty good. I feel like that mangaka should probably work on a different magazine. SnS has a story and they got a H artist to do the art. According to the last ch its really popular so we won't know. Food manga is a pretty hard say, but this food manga is pretty shounen.
To-love-ru Darkness is in Jump SQ, which is different from Weekly Shonen Jump.

Also, I disagree about Ane Doki. While the art was nice, I felt that the story never went anywhere
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 04:51   Link #115
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
To-love-ru Darkness is in Jump SQ, which is different from Weekly Shonen Jump.

Also, I disagree about Ane Doki. While the art was nice, I felt that the story never went anywhere
Darkness wouldn't do well in weekly. I should of been clearer. Its in jump at least a sequel nonetheless. The only problem with to love is there is no clear indication with how the story is going. In the case of Ane Doki I'm guessing you haven't read the author's other works? That basically the general formula of a manga thats school based and slice of life. It tends to start out slow. Jump is pretty different now than it was in the 90s anyway. Now its basically over the top shounen. Power ups and more power ups....

SnS is pretty good at the moment anyway. It has a pretty good artist which is a must in a manga. It has a story. The MC actually has a goal. His goal is to beat his dad and to start with he'll be starting at the school with the ten top student chefs. Am I saying the serialization will last long? Probably not, but you never know. Currently Toriko is really popular and its a food manga too, but Toriko doesn't try to sell its manga with ecchi pics. Its the shounen and humor that get people to love it. There are probably two ways you can use ecchi in a food manga. The reactions or the character designs. Yakitate japan had some pretty good reactions (although some were very weird...). For character designs you can pretty much use your imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
The reason why I'm thinking for that because the arts similar with koisome momiji and Kagami no kuni no harisugawa ...Good story and arts but in the end done quick = \ .
The second one is Kano's stuff... hes like cursed or something. It seems the userbase for jump REALLY dislike his stuff. To this date if I remember correctly all his stuff has been axed. Like Mx0 for instance. It was pretty popular in the west, but not that much in the east. I personally think he should find a new magazine... or maybe move over to jump sq. Medaka Box is sorta suffering from the same fate as Mx0 though. I'm betting that jump won't axe since they're betting on Niso to pull it through. But I'm pretty sure very few people like reading a holy grail of text in a manga.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 07:04   Link #116
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
The second one is Kano's stuff... hes like cursed or something. It seems the userbase for jump REALLY dislike his stuff. To this date if I remember correctly all his stuff has been axed. Like Mx0 for instance. It was pretty popular in the west, but not that much in the east. I personally think he should find a new magazine... or maybe move over to jump sq. Medaka Box is sorta suffering from the same fate as Mx0 though. I'm betting that jump won't axe since they're betting on Niso to pull it through. But I'm pretty sure very few people like reading a holy grail of text in a manga.
Thanks for your info about kano's stuff .....I like his work but in the end sad story about him.

Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 07:10   Link #117
poisui
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 28


I suddenly want a sushi roll...
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 07:13   Link #118
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Great, it's probably just matter of time before someone post the image, forcing everyone to bleach their eyes out..
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 10:06   Link #119
Iron Maw
Ba'al Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Ch 8

And another one bites the dust!

Meh, at this point Souma's probably at the level of an elite 10 member. They merely have to recognize him.

And poor Marui, no wonder he wants nobody in his room.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 05:54   Link #120
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Great, it's probably just matter of time before someone post the image, forcing everyone to bleach their eyes out..
Eh, it's not worse than the reaction from chapter 1.

Erina's stuff isn't as lewd compared to Souma's.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooking, foodgasm, moe, shonen, tosh

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.