AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-01, 16:59   Link #23741
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Out getting ice cream with Moka and Akasha.
Age: 23
I noticed that there was a mistranslation in Tsukune's technique: "Muei-Tou Yamikiri"

Especially the part known as "Yamikiri", the first part "yami" of course means "darkness", but the second part wasn't added. The part known as "kiri" is also known as "setsu", this means "cut, cutoff, be sharp", it becomes "kiri" when it's combined with another kanji. So basically instead of the technique meaning "Shadowless Sword of the Darkness", when it's properly translated itle mean something like "Shadowless Sword of the Darkness Cutter" or "Shadowless Sword Darkness Cutter", itle mean somethiing similar to that, but this proves that the technique can be used offensively instead just being used for pure defense.
__________________
Akasha The Nosferatu
Shinso Tsukune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 17:06   Link #23742
Nitrohel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
No it's not, look here:



The same thing is mentioned on the Jump SQ magazine page, so I assume that you where looking at the wrong page.



The reason, for that, is probably caused by the fact that we received the scans quicker then the magazine's official release date.

The next chapter comes in the next month's issue, which is for April, and this is the last time, I will hopefully mention this, in the current month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
They have month+1 release numbering. Febrary issue is out on the 4th of January, March issue in Frebrary etc. The next, April issue will be out at the beginning of March.

http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/sq/yokoku.html

The 3rd(March) issue for the 4th of Fabrary.
I stand corrected then.
I'm sorry to those I tried to correct and I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

I was convinced this was the February release, I got confused mostly due to the January release, which came out in the beginning of December, or in the last days of November, and even had a Christmas cover.
So, I counted that one has the December release and the one that came out in the last days of December has the January release.

I'm still new to this whole thing of waiting for the chapter every month, as much as I love the Manga, it was in my hold list for nearly 1 year, exactly because I wanted to have a bigger poll of chapters to read once I had re-started.

Again, sorry guys.
Nitrohel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 17:15   Link #23743
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
One chapter to beat the "champ" of Fairy Tale ?
A little sad but when you saw this power ...
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 17:33   Link #23744
chrono25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
though there is one thing back in school had the outcasts known he was like them they might of tried to befriend our hero.

maybe even looked up to him because of the harem he made
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 17:47   Link #23745
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinsoSan View Post
I"m not 100% sure Gyokuro is out of it for now. We also still have Akua out there still dead or alive we don't know, probably alive.
I'm thinking she's going to make one last desperate attack while Tsukune is down only to be swallowed up by Alucard. It's an ironic ending for her since she was so insistent on awakening him. Perhaps it tries to swallow Tsukune and Moka but Tsukune pushes her out of the way and he gets swallowed himself. There he could meet Akasha and maybe gets some more background behind her and Moka and Alucard before she helps him escape.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 18:56   Link #23746
ShinsoSan
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Don't worry this is normal, there will be a chapter every month, relax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
I noticed that there was a mistranslation in Tsukune's technique: "Muei-Tou Yamikiri"

Especially the part known as "Yamikiri", the first part "yami" of course means "darkness", but the second part wasn't added. The part known as "kiri" is also known as "setsu", this means "cut, cutoff, be sharp", it becomes "kiri" when it's combined with another kanji. So basically instead of the technique meaning "Shadowless Sword of the Darkness", when it's properly translated itle mean something like "Shadowless Sword of the Darkness Cutter" or "Shadowless Sword Darkness Cutter", itle mean somethiing similar to that, but this proves that the technique can be used offensively instead just being used for pure defense.
I think for translating purposes it was changed. Because Shadowless Sword of the Darkness Cutter is a mouthful if you think about it.
ShinsoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 19:48   Link #23747
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Out getting ice cream with Moka and Akasha.
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinsoSan View Post
I think for translating purposes it was changed. Because Shadowless Sword of the Darkness Cutter is a mouthful if you think about it.
Or it can be just "Shadowless Sword Darkness Cutter."

Manga Panda are the ones who translated the chapter, however, some sources indicate that they aren't very good translators, I'm not saying they're bad, but there were some noticeable errors in the translation, like misspelled words and missing letters.

Mangaholic are the ones who have taken up translation for R+V, they'll be releasing there translated version of the chapter soon, so I'm awaiting that version. I don't like the idea that the last part of Tsukune's technique name was left out, thats silly.
__________________
Akasha The Nosferatu
Shinso Tsukune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 20:22   Link #23748
ShinsoSan
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Or it can be just "Shadowless Sword Darkness Cutter."

Manga Panda are the ones who translated the chapter, however, some sources indicate that they aren't very good translators, I'm not saying they're bad, but there were some noticeable errors in the translation, like misspelled words and missing letters.

Mangaholic are the ones who have taken up translation for R+V, they'll be releasing there translated version of the chapter soon, so I'm awaiting that version. I don't like the idea that the last part of Tsukune's technique name was left out, thats silly.
I know its coming from a bad translation but that's usually how translations work unless asked to translate each and every word exactly. It doesn't sound right in english unless you make some edits. I mean we could add the cutter part but it would sound weird.

Taking a class on Japanese I can understand where you're coming from exactly though.
ShinsoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 07:17   Link #23749
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
though there is one thing back in school had the outcasts known he was like them they might of tried to befriend our hero.

maybe even looked up to him because of the harem he made
Personally, I doubt that would have happened, since the Outcast Ayashi consider what was someone born as, not what they became - the fact that their leader Hokuto was originally a human, was probably only known by Kiria... which allowed him to be welcomed in their ranks, but I doubt the same could be said about Tsukune, who... even in his current berserk form, is more similar to a vampire then an Outcast Ayashi...

Not to mention, while, technically, speaking, Alucard does have some similarities with Outcast Ayashi, due to absorbing various ayashi into his body, I wouldn't consider him, as something like that - in my opinion he is a more unique type of being, that can't be easily classified using the ayashi species, that have appeared in this manga so far...

And, while Tsukune is currently at a risk of becoming a second Alucard, I definitely think that is going to be prevented / stopped, in the next few chapters, and a new direction of Tsukune's transformation or mutation (whatever you like to call it) is going to be opened, which will lead Tsukune to become something different then Alucard, but like Alucard, it will also be some unique type of being, that we won't be capable of easily classifying...
Chris38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 12:42   Link #23750
ShinsoSan
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I agree with Chris on this. There is something unique about Tsukune and it has already been pointed out by Gyokuro. I'm sure this will come to light later though.
ShinsoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 16:39   Link #23751
khprincessh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lala land
very crazy whoa why the heck was inner moka crying so much i tell you thou tsukune is all jacked up with his body i wonder how there gonna fix it this time......wow it all happened so fast so he really won tsukune won the fight???!!!?????!!??
__________________
inner moka evil soul good person
khprincessh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 20:48   Link #23752
chrono25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
something I kind of been wondering why does our hero's mutant form look different than before with that shield growth on his arm?
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 21:11   Link #23753
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Out getting ice cream with Moka and Akasha.
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
something I kind of been wondering why does our hero's mutant form look different than before with that shield growth on his arm?
It's a mutation caused by Tsukune's resonance with Alucard.
__________________
Akasha The Nosferatu

Last edited by Shinso Tsukune; 2013-02-02 at 22:07.
Shinso Tsukune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 03:37   Link #23754
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
It's a mutation caused by Tsukune's resonance with Alucard.
... which, is going to be stopped, in the next few chapters, once Alucard is going to be resealed, by most likely using the "Rosario's Alucard control function".

I think a bigger question would be, what kind of effect, this incident is going to have on Tsukune's body, since I doubt that his mentality is going to suffer through any changes, due to this incident...

Obviously, I don't mean that it's going to make Tsukune's body, even less "human" ... I mean that, using so much of his power, which Tsukune still can't fully control (since, he wouldn't be at a risk of becoming a second Alucard, if that has been the case), is going to have some negative consequences, that will temporarily inconvenience Tsukune's daily life, in the future arc's...

In other words, that there is going to be some price, that Tsukune would need to pay, for using so much of his Shinso powers...
Chris38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 04:15   Link #23755
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Yet I would be glad if Tsukune throught even in 1 panel about Kurumu, Mizore, Rubi, Yukari.... and not allways moka ;/ its kinda sad for those girls.... that all tsukune has on mind is moka.... its like he totaly forgot that kurumu and mizore are there somewhere laying down hurt

so I hope that this will change and that whe would care for other girls more and think about them too... as thx to kurumu he is even alive so she at least deserves a 1panel "care" for here scene


Especially Kurumu should be there as she is a sucubus that designated tsukune as her one....if she doesnt get love from him she will lose power and die.... so a harem option is a must at the end of series (like issa have few wifes)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 04:29   Link #23756
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Yet I would be glad if Tsukune throught even in 1 panel about Kurumu, Mizore, Rubi, Yukari.... and not allways moka ;/ its kinda sad for those girls.... that all tsukune has on mind is moka.... its like he totaly forgot that kurumu and mizore are there somewhere laying down hurt

so I hope that this will change and that whe would care for other girls more and think about them too... as thx to kurumu he is even alive so she at least deserves a 1panel "care" for here scene


Especially Kurumu should be there as she is a sucubus that designated tsukune as her one....if she doesnt get love from him she will lose power and die.... so a harem option is a must at the end of series (like issa have few wifes)
We will see, personally I doubt that we will get a completely happy ending, which for me, would be the harem ending, considering how, with each passing arc, the series gets darker and more serious...

While, I realize that the other girls have feelings for Tsukune as well, and some might get hurt by him rejecting them (or in Kurumu's case, maybe something worse then that, although, I doubt that she will die, if her feelings aren't recuperated, I think it's something that the author added to spice up the drama factor, but it ultimately won't occur...), in my opinion,they will be hurt worse, if Tsukune gets together with them, without any feelings for them, that go beyond friendship, which ... for now, seems to be the case...
Chris38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 06:07   Link #23757
kenjtr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I think Kurumu really deserves to be with tsukune but for others i am not sure , i would be dissapointed if tsukune abandons kurumu and lets someone else have her since both moka and him owes her alot .

Didnt tsukene merged with wampire powers so why is he having that much of after efects ?
__________________

Last edited by kenjtr; 2013-02-03 at 07:29.
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 06:35   Link #23758
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I think Kurumu really deserves to be with tsukune but for others i am not sure , i would be dissapointed if tsukune abandons kurumu and lets someone else have her since both moka and him owns her alot .

Didnt tsukene merged with wampire powers so why is he having that much of after efects ?
Relationships don't work out, just because you owe something to someone, if you don't love someone, you should let him / her be with someone else, rather then force that other person into a loveless relationship, which would ultimately hurt him / her more then if you outright reject him / her.

Considering the fact that there is not much suggesting that Tsukune has fallen in love with Kurumu (or the other girls), at least not to the same extent as Moka (which, has been pretty much suggested in the current chapter, and, as a matter of fact, if the author wanted to show that Tsukune has started to develop romantic feelings for the other girls, he had a perfect opportunity to do that, in the latest chapter)

Of course, there is still some time, before this manga ends, so anything is possible, but considering the fact, that the author, again showed that Tsukune prioritizes Moka , over the other girls, I would say that the chances of the other girls, managing to create a successful relationship with Tsukune, have ... again, been reduced, at least in my opinion...

Regarding Tsukune, he hasn't merged with his vampire powers, are anything of that sort - it's just that the HMT has accelerated his transformation, giving him more power, at his disposal, but at the same time, it put him at a more serious risk, of being affected by Alucard's presence, due to Tsukune having the same blood as Alucard, which is the reason for his current problem - that his blood started resonating with Alucard, causing his mutation to go out of control, putting Tsukune in a quite dangerous situation...
Chris38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 07:34   Link #23759
kenjtr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I dont know why tsuke cant become a wampire since there are lots of cases like this in other mangas or novels , its annoying that he needs to live with that seal for all his life . Why didnt tsukune couldnt become a wampire and turned to a ghoul which is like the lowest class of wampire servants .
__________________
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 07:45   Link #23760
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I dont know why tsuke cant become a wampire since there are lots of cases like this in other mangas or novels , its annoying that he needs to live with that seal for all his life . Why didnt tsukune couldnt become a wampire and turned to a ghoul which is like the lowest class of wampire servants .
He can't be a vampire, because he has been injected with Alucard's blood, not the blood of a normal vampire....

But, I think that you are mistaken about Tsukune becoming a Ghoul, he hasn't become one, yet... because Tsukune hasn't lost his sanity, yet.

His current problems are only temporary in nature, once he overcomes them, which... naturally is going to take some time, I think that Tsukune is going to become something even more unique and amazing then a normal vampire... and at that point, he probably wouldn't need a seal anymore...

And I have to say that I'm glad that Ikeda took a more original way of developing Tsukune's transformation, compared to other vampire themed stories, since, to me... it caused the plot to become a lot more interesting, since we don't know what is the going to be the final outcome of Tsukune's transformation.
Chris38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.