AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-29, 12:43   Link #2001
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
damn I thought it was the OVA,,,,
Me too

At this point I think we can safely assume the project was canned. There haven't been any news in years.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 19:55   Link #2002
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Yeah... they definitely shelved the idea.

This reminds me that I still need to play Walkure Romanze! I really need a hyperbolic time chamber!
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 13:51   Link #2003
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah... they definitely shelved the idea.
It's not unusual for h-animes to experience delays of one year or more, but yeah, this is one that's past its sell-by date since interest in the original game has already waned. Still, a system like this (eroge gets an all-ages anime adaptation, then H-OVAs "fill in the gaps") could really work. Too bad it still hasn't been tried even though excellent eroge adaptations like Yosuga no Sora have been done.

The only ongoing omnibus H-OVA adaptation to my knowledge is Tropical Kiss, with an episode for 2 out of 5 heroines so far, but there's no guarantee all 5 heroines will get their episode in the limelight. It's too bad no one wants to take a chance on the above system.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 17:21   Link #2004
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
The only ongoing omnibus H-OVA adaptation to my knowledge is Tropical Kiss, with an episode for 2 out of 5 heroines so far, but there's no guarantee all 5 heroines will get their episode in the limelight. It's too bad no one wants to take a chance on the above system.
I loved that series! I kept them in my folder and watch it at least once a day!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 23:17   Link #2005
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
It's not unusual for h-animes to experience delays of one year or more, but yeah, this is one that's past its sell-by date since interest in the original game has already waned. Still, a system like this (eroge gets an all-ages anime adaptation, then H-OVAs "fill in the gaps") could really work. Too bad it still hasn't been tried even though excellent eroge adaptations like Yosuga no Sora have been done.

The only ongoing omnibus H-OVA adaptation to my knowledge is Tropical Kiss, with an episode for 2 out of 5 heroines so far, but there's no guarantee all 5 heroines will get their episode in the limelight. It's too bad no one wants to take a chance on the above system.
If only they did the anime TV series properly.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 04:47   Link #2006
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
If only they did the anime TV series properly.
Yosuga no Sora style?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 19:46   Link #2007
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I loved that series! I kept them in my folder and watch it at least once a day!
Somehow I doubt that, but I do hope that the company that made the Tropical Kiss OVAs makes the money it deserves. Probably the only other H-OVA series made in the omnibus format to that quality level are the "Wet Summer Days" H-OVAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yosuga no Sora style?
Why not? It'd be great if YnS started a trend for future eroge-to-anime adaptations.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 20:04   Link #2008
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Somehow I doubt that, but I do hope that the company that made the Tropical Kiss OVAs makes the money it deserves. Probably the only other H-OVA series made in the omnibus format to that quality level are the "Wet Summer Days" H-OVAs.



Why not? It'd be great if YnS started a trend for future eroge-to-anime adaptations.
That'd be peachy keen. I just hope gathering VAs to do those kinds of scenes won't be a problem, cause I doubt Sylvia's VA from the mainstream version would cross that line^^;;, as for the other 3, I wouldn't doubt it.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 14:19   Link #2009
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
That'd be peachy keen. I just hope gathering VAs to do those kinds of scenes won't be a problem, cause I doubt Sylvia's VA from the mainstream version would cross that line^^;;, as for the other 3, I wouldn't doubt it.
There's a way around it, which YnS used--just re-hire the original eroge voice actors, since they already have no compunction against making (censored) noises. The fact that they're paid to make such noises doesn't mean that they're likely to be worse than those who don't--some eroge seiyuus are actually quite accomplished in the mainstream anime market.

For example, the recent White Album 2 eroge from Leaf (which I'd really like to see an omnibus anime adaptation of), features Hitomi Nabatame and Madoka Yonezawa as the two main heroines. Yuu Asakawa also features as one of the winnable heroines as well. The one thing I've found odd about the game is that only Yonezawa among the game's heroines actually sings ingame--Nabatame and Asakawa have sung with some success in the past, but no dice in this game. It would have been nice to hear them sing for their own characters' ending songs, though.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 17:33   Link #2010
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yosuga no Sora style?
Omnibus? Yes. Sex? No.

On screen sex is never necessary. It's fan service no matter what anyone says.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 21:53   Link #2011
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
There's a way around it, which YnS used--just re-hire the original eroge voice actors, since they already have no compunction against making (censored) noises. The fact that they're paid to make such noises doesn't mean that they're likely to be worse than those who don't--some eroge seiyuus are actually quite accomplished in the mainstream anime market.

For example, the recent White Album 2 eroge from Leaf (which I'd really like to see an omnibus anime adaptation of), features Hitomi Nabatame and Madoka Yonezawa as the two main heroines. Yuu Asakawa also features as one of the winnable heroines as well. The one thing I've found odd about the game is that only Yonezawa among the game's heroines actually sings ingame--Nabatame and Asakawa have sung with some success in the past, but no dice in this game. It would have been nice to hear them sing for their own characters' ending songs, though.
Oh, I don't doubt that. Look at Fairy Tail for example. There are tons of old H OVA voices doing an awesome job with their mainstream roles.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 21:55   Link #2012
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Omnibus? Yes. Sex? No.

On screen sex is never necessary. It's fan service no matter what anyone says.
Necessary? Nah. A surprise that they added it in just to add to the story, and yes, the fanservice, but not as the main attraction? It certainly would be. For better or worse? We'll have to wait and see. Off-topic: How did YnS do in that department? I heard story 4 was the most well received out of all of them.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 20:36   Link #2013
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Necessary? Nah. A surprise that they added it in just to add to the story, and yes, the fanservice, but not as the main attraction? It certainly would be. For better or worse? We'll have to wait and see. Off-topic: How did YnS do in that department? I heard story 4 was the most well received out of all of them.
Head to the YnS thread to ask that. A bit off topic and you'd have better results there.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 04:15   Link #2014
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Omnibus? Yes. Sex? No.

On screen sex is never necessary. It's fan service no matter what anyone says.
Wait... When we meant the OVA, we meant the H version vanilla sexm, one girl per OVA....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 20:58   Link #2015
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Head to the YnS thread to ask that. A bit off topic and you'd have better results there.
No, I was talking about blending YnS's omnibus formula with Princess Lover's "H-OVA" system. I'm sure an omnibus format with "less censored" (but tied into the main story) H-OVAs that came out on separate discs from the main release would make a lot of money.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 22:20   Link #2016
GrrDraxin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Empire of Lolitannia (as Ambassador)
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Actually, when I think of eroge made anime, and still keep a semblance of the eroge, was Green Green with it's main anime adaption with an "unsupported" ero OAV following it. Add the fact that OAV tied directly into the main anime was just awesome.
__________________
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:06   Link #2017
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
No, I was talking about blending YnS's omnibus formula with Princess Lover's "H-OVA" system. I'm sure an omnibus format with "less censored" (but tied into the main story) H-OVAs that came out on separate discs from the main release would make a lot of money.
Oh. Doing an H-OVA for each route. I think it's better for them to do one OVA. They are made to boost the source material's sales after all.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 15:06   Link #2018
rickiminato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mexico
any summary for the route of charlotte in the game
__________________
rickiminato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.