AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-02, 13:04   Link #11921
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Hah.

And thus, the end for the manga.
As much as I want her to die and for it to continue focusing on characters who don't suck, she is the title character and so by definition she will survive anything.
Nope, it won't.

And I should have clarified first. It's the end of Medaka as a monster. Oh, and this battle also ends there, there isn't gonna be another assault.

And she doesn't suck, don't even insist with that. You only dislike her for being an overpowered sue and blablablah.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:12   Link #11922
Lupus753
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
And she doesn't suck, don't even insist with that. You only dislike her for being an overpowered sue and blablablah.
I believe that thinking a character sucks is a subjective viewpoint, not an objective one as you imply. Also, that sounds like a pretty legitimate reason to hate someone.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:16   Link #11923
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
I believe that thinking a character sucks is a subjective viewpoint, not an objective one as you imply. Also, that sounds like a pretty legitimate reason to hate someone.
To each its own.

Anyway, from here on Zenkichi takes the spotlight. I'm eagerly waiting for Nisio to bring back the anecdote of the eraser and see how this fits in the plot.

As for the chapter, any rate less than Superb would be unfair.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:23   Link #11924
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
To each its own.

Anyway, from here on Zenkichi takes the spotlight. I'm eagerly waiting for Nisio to bring back the anecdote of the eraser and see how this fits in the plot.

As for the chapter, any rate less than Superb would be unfair.
I disagree. Any rating above or below "hmm..interesting."(6-7/10) would be unjust. I can't say it's "Superb"(8-9/10) it's just "interesting." Saying the chapter wasn't interesting is just being unfair.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:25   Link #11925
ccie20012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
We'll rejoice at the wedding Medaka x Zen. I believe in happy endings of arc.
It is strange that someone hates Medaka because she is the strongest (overpowered).
At this is key point Medaka Box.
I do not know how in other genres but in romcom girls often are the strongest.
And cute at the same time.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:29   Link #11926
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
We'll rejoice at the wedding Medaka x Zen. I believe in happy endings of arc.
It is strange that someone hates Medaka because she is the strongest (overpowered).
At this is key point Medaka Box.
I do not know how in other genres but in romcom girls often are the strongest.
And cute at the same time.
Nisio should be given a gold medal for making a story with an overpowered and seemingly unbeatable main character one of the best in Jump. Medaka Box is my favourite series in the magazine only after One Piece.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:30   Link #11927
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Nisio should be given a gold medal for making a story with an overpowered and seemingly unbeatable main character one of the best in Jump. Medaka Box is my favourite series in the magazine only after One Piece.
Still think Onepunch-Man does that better xD
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:33   Link #11928
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Still think Onepunch-Man does that better xD
And I won'd deny that. Saitama with that fish-face always makes me lol so hard XD

But in terms of story and plot, MB all the way.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:38   Link #11929
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
It is strange that someone hates Medaka because she is the strongest (overpowered).
I've said this before, but I don't hate her because she's strong, I hate her because she throws every other character into the background.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:39   Link #11930
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I've said this before, but I don't hate her because she's strong, I hate her because she throws every other character into the background.
This is not quite true. And besides, after this, if she's somehow coming back, it won't happen for a looooooooooong while.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:45   Link #11931
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
And I won'd deny that. Saitama with that fish-face always makes me lol so hard XD

But in terms of story and plot, MB all the way.
True, both series simply focus on different things. MB focuses on...well having an actual plot, and OPM focuses on comedy.

People don't usually hate OP MCs because they are OP but because of other factors, Saitama in OPM is a good example and another is Rai from Noblesse of super OP main characters that people just can't help but love...it's just how the author handles them that brings about love or hate for these characters.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:48   Link #11932
silver001
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
True, both series simply focus on different things. MB focuses on...well having an actual plot, and OPM focuses on comedy.

People don't usually hate OP MCs because they are OP but because of other factors, Saitama in OPM is a good example and another is Rai from Noblesse of super OP main characters that people just can't help but love...it's just how the author handles them that brings about love or hate for these characters.
not to start something, but Rai is not OP. He is just protected by plot armor by virtue of being the MC. Most of the fighting is usually done by everyone other than him, if you took him out in most of the battles except the one with the lord, the outcome would have been the same.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:53   Link #11933
ccie20012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
background
Of course.
Because this is Medaka Box. No Hakoniwa Academy story/Abnormal story/Bakemonogatari. Or other title.
This is the story of Medaka. All the other characters - this is only the secondary/background for story of Medaka.
Zen is the love interest of Medaka and important character for its development. And so on.

Last edited by ccie20012; 2013-02-02 at 14:05.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 14:17   Link #11934
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver001 View Post
not to start something, but Rai is not OP. He is just protected by plot armor by virtue of being the MC. Most of the fighting is usually done by everyone other than him, if you took him out in most of the battles except the one with the lord, the outcome would have been the same.
Rai was stated several times to be the strongest noble there has ever been (which so far means he's the strongest being in the series), he is so powerful that only the the Lord managed to make him get serious so far and even then he barely had to make an effort to match her full power.
Rai isn't protected by plot armor...he IS everyone else's plot armor since he ends up finishing the enemies others can't and he does it with little to no effort put into it. He is so OP that the author had to make up that "using his own life force" excuse to have him away from combat.

There is a major difference between having plot armor and just being plain OP. Natsu, Ichigo, Naruto and other shounen battle manga MCs have plot armor, they survive things they shouldn't due to the most BS of reasons (often Nakama Power)...Rai, Saitama and so on don't survive things they shouldn't because so far nothing thrown at them has been able to be an actual threat to someone of their power (while it would be deadly to most other characters in the series).

Medaka, in my honest opinion, a SEMI-OP main character with thin plot armor. She is stronger than nearly every other character, enough to reasonably explain why she survives most shit thrown at her, but just barely.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 17:28   Link #11935
DawnEmperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
You know what is also getting old? This pathetic Medaka hater card that some of you here likes to throw out when someone says something negative even without mentioning Medaka.
My point is that sometimes we should just move on, because sooner or later our personal views and interests regarding certain character end up clouding our overall analysis of the manga.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 18:43   Link #11936
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
There is a major difference between having plot armor and just being plain OP. Natsu, Ichigo, Naruto and other shounen battle manga MCs have plot armor, they survive things they shouldn't due to the most BS of reasons (often Nakama Power)...Rai, Saitama and so on don't survive things they shouldn't because so far nothing thrown at them has been able to be an actual threat to someone of their power (while it would be deadly to most other characters in the series).

Medaka, in my honest opinion, a SEMI-OP main character with thin plot armor. She is stronger than nearly every other character, enough to reasonably explain why she survives most shit thrown at her, but just barely.
Just how is Medaka any different from those OP characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
My point is that sometimes we should just move on, because sooner or later our personal views and interests regarding certain character end up clouding our overall analysis of the manga.
I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
Of course.
Because this is Medaka Box. No Hakoniwa Academy story/Abnormal story/Bakemonogatari. Or other title.
This is the story of Medaka. All the other characters - this is only the secondary/background for story of Medaka.
Zen is the love interest of Medaka and important character for its development. And so on.
Medaka is the main character, Ajimu even spelled out to Zenikichi and by extension the fandom that she will never truly 'lose' as she is the main character.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
True, both series simply focus on different things. MB focuses on...well having an actual plot, and OPM focuses on comedy.

People don't usually hate OP MCs because they are OP but because of other factors, Saitama in OPM is a good example and another is Rai from Noblesse of super OP main characters that people just can't help but love...it's just how the author handles them that brings about love or hate for these characters.
Your mileage may vary. I hate OP characters even if they are written well. Medaka hasn't been handled to well in my opinion, she already had the solution for the plot causing me to wonder what exactly is the point of the other characters being there int he first place. Everyone cannot help but love her or respect her because they know they didn't have a chance in heaven of beating her.
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 19:37   Link #11937
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Let's bring back an important fact, the reason why Medaka can't/won't defeat Iihiko.

Spoiler for spoiler:


To sum it up, she loses either way.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 20:59   Link #11938
ccie20012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Let's bring back an important fact, the reason why Medaka can't/won't defeat Iihiko.
To sum it up, she loses either way.
I think it is quite obvious that the duo Zen + Medaka would win Iihiko.
So it was throughout history.
If Medaka can not do something it will make Zen.
I bet that in the next or next-next chapter Zen will fulfill its role.
Besides, it was too boring if everything depended on "brute force".
I am not like manga this type.
As you noticed prev arc ended at word game. Before that Zen has won the election. Not in the field of battle.
Yes, I know that Medaka is not just the most powerful weapons of the two universes (it's a joke/ link to Lexx).
She is also very smart - she is brilliant tactician and strategist.
But it has its limitations. If she can win Iichiko alone, then she wins. If Medaka can not - the author always there are those who would help her.
First Zen.

Last edited by ccie20012; 2013-02-02 at 21:13.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 00:04   Link #11939
Asuras
Dictadere~!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the front lines, fighting for inderpendence.
Anyone else...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 00:43   Link #11940
Thth
???
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
People are optimistic indeed Only to be disappointed later when she comes back and defeats Iihiko.
Mind you I will be happy to eat my words if something different happens, but I just cant see it considering this manga . I am keeping my expectations rock bottom so as not to lead to pointless rage later...
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.