AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 11:22   Link #9521
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Kana-chan isn't a fujoshi, although she is different from your sterotypical "bubbly" schoolgirl.
She does look like the level headed yet well-informed kind of girl, though it is hard to judge if she is the reserved or outgoing kind. Besides she does look cute.....and I am glad one of my favourite VAs isn't a fujoshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
As for the people I am referring to as useless waste of space I'm referring to the "my waifu" style fans and fanatics that are not isolated to Japan, but are apparently numerous enough to dictate acceptable behavior. I also have a close friend that is in the entertainment industry in HK. So, yes, it continues to disgust me because these reactions to behavior by these public figures is in turn a representation of their fans own personalities.
What? You heretic, there is nothing wrong with taking waifus! Ignorant little twerp!

To be serious, I have a bad personal experience at AFA12SG las year, especially during SPHERE's concert. I had a front row seat and was thinking of how to kidnap AyaTaka from the stage enjoying the concert when an entire fanclub just flooded to the front. I lost my temper, grabbed one and told him to go back to his seat.

JokerD later told me that idol chasers are like that, losing control admist their adoration for their idols, and made me wonder if we should show some tolerance to them while being stern. I am just glad that I didn't make a mess of that person's cranium by ramming it against the crowd barrier; though I don't know about the amount of restraint we should show for them as fellow human beings equally subsceptible to such impulses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Is not just geisha...go back to the early modern music scene of all those pioneer Enka people from the 50s and 60s and the work of the early idol singers in the 70s and 80s like Matsuda Seiko and Yamaguchi Momoe and see how they all link down to the present in this "genre" Don't just condemn an entire line of people without knowing anything about them.

Even if current ones may do stuff that conservatives (because seriously only those would really find anything wrong with the general public attention catching crap that crops up from time to time) find distasteful, that doesn't mean it's a general trend
I am talking about the geisha since from the feudal times, starting from then when they offered both viewing AND touching services as saburuko. The lucky ones served shoguns and became upper class "entertainers".

Japanese female entertainers come from a long line since the 7th century, and traditional views are still as deeply rooted in society, I think. I am glad the minimum age hasn't changed - *is sliced with a katana*.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 18:13   Link #9522
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It shouldn't be seen as something ironclad...one of these days, if they push too far, they'll offend the other half of the consumer base. And then the PR people will get burnt for it like in that Kokoro Connect fiasco.
What they've already done's plenty bad enough. And yet they're still seen as the ones whose opinion matters. Admittedly because they vote with their wallet.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 04:32   Link #9523
JokerD

Try not to think too hard about those things, I put it down to culture gap and let it go, this IS the "Silly/Odd News Stories from around the World" thread after all. Serious discussion should go into the news thread IMO.

Anyway, in other news:
In pictures: Japan's unusual emergency drill at Tama Zoo
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 06:15   Link #9524
velderia
Former NEET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
NSFW SANKAKU : AKB48′s Minami Minegishi Shaves Off Hair As Sex Apology

That has got to be the most desperate media stunt. Ever.
... Speaking of which, a tarot reading of Minami Minegishi done earlier this year:
http://youtu.be/5Plic-46uUM

Quite possibly... The weirdest thing ever. o_o I can't tell if this is all a ploy or if it's real and he actually predicted her predicament - It's way too perfect.
Old 2013-02-02, 09:39   Link #9525
sa547
*Author

^
Anything that has to do with Minegishi should go to the AKB thread in the music section.

---------------------
Meet Ahmadinejad's new toy airplane:

http://theaviationist.com/2013/02/02.../#.UQ0kvaWRApk
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/351541/...oking-warplane
Old 2013-02-02, 19:01   Link #9526
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

February 2 'Officially' Designated Twin Tail Day

Quote:
On January 24, the Japan Anniversary Association "officially" declared February 2 as Twin Tail Day. The day has been celebrated by fans of the pigtail hairstyle for a few years already, and the Japan Twin Tail Association even launched on Twin Tail Day last year.

The Japan Twin Tail Association provides an in-depth history of twin tails and an explanation as to how February 2 became Twin Tail Day.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-twin-tail-day
Old 2013-02-02, 23:54   Link #9527
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

White House photo shows Obama skeet shooting
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-02-22-10-10
Is there really a point to show this?

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 03:02   Link #9528
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Food for the gun control critics, though obviously not the way they wanted it and will probably end up backfiring.
Old 2013-02-03, 03:11   Link #9529
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Just to show that Obama doesn't necessarily demonize firearms in the irrational witchcraftian way some have recently (*cough* Feinstein again *cough*). Laws that work are better than crappy feel good laws that are ineffective or just make it worse - haven't we had enough of those yet?

The picture does make it appear he isn't masterful at skeet shooting (stance, etc), but I'll cut him some slack because law-abiding citizens who spend nearly all their time in highly urban environments just don't tend to handle/use/train with firearms - the opportunities are limited if naught else.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 04:21   Link #9530
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Meh. It'll fit in the NRA's narrative that Obama wants weapons for himself and not the citizenry.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 04:31   Link #9531
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The picture does make it appear he isn't masterful at skeet shooting (stance, etc), but I'll cut him some slack because law-abiding citizens who spend nearly all their time in highly urban environments just don't tend to handle/use/train with firearms - the opportunities are limited if naught else.
Also the fact that his surrounded by people carrying guns who would be more than happy to shoot things (and people) that came near him
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 04:53   Link #9532
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meh. It'll fit in the NRA's narrative that Obama wants weapons for himself and not the citizenry.
Which ruler doesn't?

I think politicians are naturally dumb if they think like that : they are gambling their control on one unstable thing called apathy. Give the citizenry enough knowledge and you have a Warsaw Uprising at your doorstep.

Which is what governments are trying to do now because the internet disseminates knowledge that force people to think. The creation of Facebook and Twitter are being used as tools to distract people from seeking knowledge, but being tools that give information, the plan backfires routinely.

Like how my government tried to regulate what is being posted on the internet. A small chit-chat with an ex-systems engineer at IBM reinforces the fact that these nuts know nothing about enforcements in a collective - the Internet treats such barriers as anomalies and route around it.

Sure you can control how I behave, and I don't mind that. But you can't control what I read and think.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:20   Link #9533
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

North Korea video shows New York in ruins after missile attack

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
North Korea, already gearing up for yet another nuclear test, has posted a bizarre online video depicting New York under an apparent missile attack with "We Are the World" serving as a soundtrack.
The three-minute video posted on YouTube on Saturday was released by Uriminzokkiri, which distributes news and propaganda from North Korea’s state-run media. It features a young man in a dream sequence in which he sees himself aboard a North Korean space shuttle launched into orbit by the same type of rocket Pyongyang successfully launched in December. A densely populated city, which is shrouded in a U.S. flag, is then depicted to the tune of “We are the World,” the charity single recorded in 1985.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02...#ixzz2K2RQDtu4
Old 2013-02-05, 11:00   Link #9534
Sumeragi
Banned

Using MW3 footage? Probably haven't heard of copyright.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 11:02   Link #9535
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
They would be rather hard to sue over that kind of offence, no

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 11:04   Link #9536
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
I actually wonder if anybody can sue NK
Old 2013-02-05, 11:30   Link #9537
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Considering that NK is the world's largest counterfeiter of USD, I doubt they'd care about copyrights...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 12:00   Link #9538
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

TL whatever is subtitled please.

Old 2013-02-05, 12:12   Link #9539
Sumeragi
Banned

Nothing important. Just saying he had a dream that he went up to space, say a reunited Korea and the US in flames, and that the universe seemed to be blessing DPRK's advance into space.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 13:14   Link #9540
Ithekro
Warning

I imagine right after that was when the first Japanese space cruiser took a pot shot at him and ended the problem.

Tags
humor, news