AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-03, 21:21   Link #701
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Zombies, Ghouls, Ghosts, etc are all Monster Girls....

Doppelganger just replaced Su as my favorite monster girl currently for this manga.

Shapeshifting is so godly.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 21:22   Link #702
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Of being a "monstergirl".
Well for me it's like "Is it in the encyclopedia? THEN IT'S A MONSTER GIRL!"

True, the more human like ones like Zombies, Vampires, Elves, Angels, Demons and so on are close to borderline, but they are supernatural beings and that's enough to fit them into the category. Though like with the Elementals...it could be argued I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Zombies, Ghouls, Ghosts, etc are all Monster Girls....

Doppelganger just replaced Su as my favorite monster girl currently for this manga.
ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI! ONI!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 21:32   Link #703
ellifeedn
Thinker

Could you give me the link to this encyclopedia I keep hearing about?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 21:36   Link #704
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well for me it's like "Is it in the encyclopedia? THEN IT'S A MONSTER GIRL!"

True, the more human like ones like Zombies, Vampires, Elves, Angels, Demons and so on are close to borderline, but they are supernatural beings and that's enough to fit them into the category. Though like with the Elementals...it could be argued I suppose.
!
Whats this encyclopedia ?

Zombies I would class as monster, but something like Elves ? Somehow I couldnt class that as monster. Its more of a different race, if not higher being race
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 22:01   Link #705
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Allow me to bring forth the bible of Monster Girls so you young ones can be enlightened and educated.

The Monster Girl Encyclopedia

Heads up, it is STILL getting updated, usually adding two new monster girls every couple of months to the list.

Last month the Glacies (Ice Elementals) and the Yeti (Adorable hugging beastmen) were added...and the Yeti quickly reached my top 10 list xD they are just so freaking adorable in their behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Zombies I would class as monster, but something like Elves ? Somehow I couldnt class that as monster. Its more of a different race, if not higher being race
The Encyclopedia actually gives a great explanation as to why they should be considered Monsters. Go check it
Old 2013-02-03, 23:01   Link #706
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
The Encyclopedia actually gives a great explanation as to why they should be considered Monsters. Go check it
*reads* IMO they should have left the orcs to the zombie girl >_<
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 23:12   Link #707
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
*reads* IMO they should have left the orcs to the zombie girl >_<
We were talking about Elves..........
Old 2013-02-04, 00:14   Link #708
Mesophiles

The Monster Girl Encyclopedia is not "a bible" for monstergirls in anime/manga.

It is simply a work of Kenkou Cross, written to describe his personal fictional monstergirl universe.

This is Okayado's manga, and his universe. And the only person who dictates what is a monstergirl, and what they can do, is himself.
Mesophiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 00:21   Link #709
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesophiles View Post
The Monster Girl Encyclopedia is not "a bible" for monstergirls in anime/manga.

It is simply a work of Kenkou Cross, written to describe his personal fictional monstergirl universe.

This is Okayado's manga, and his universe. And the only person who dictates what is a monstergirl, and what they can do, is himself.
Thank you Captain Obvious, you can fly away now.
Old 2013-02-04, 01:02   Link #710
Mesophiles

Quote:
Thank you Captain Obvious, you can fly away now.
Gee, what a warm reception...

I see a lot of people in places I go to thinking that Okayado is writing the encyclopedia, or that he is basing his work on what it says. I've read this thread; it has happened. Even though it's unintentional, it's kinda shortchanging him on his own work, no? After all, he's been doing this monstergirl business for a long time himself.

I don't see the harm in reminding people that these things are seperate, subjective canons.

Spoiler for opinions:
Old 2013-02-04, 01:20   Link #711
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesophiles View Post
Gee, what a warm reception...

I see a lot of people in places I go to thinking that Okayado is writing the encyclopedia, or that he is basing his work on what it says. I've read this thread; it has happened. Even though it's unintentional, it's kinda shortchanging him on his own work, no? After all, he's been doing this monstergirl business for a long time himself.

I don't see the harm in reminding people that these things are seperate, subjective canons.

Spoiler for opinions:
Sorry, I'm not part of the welcoming committee. If you want a better reception, don't make other people's jokes out to be a serious statement.

I know full well that Okayado isn't basing his work on the encyclopedia, it has been stated several times here by myself and others, we've mentioned that Okayado has other works and the girls are different than in the encyclopedia. However that doesn't change the fact that Kenkou's encyclopedia is the most detailed Monster Girl information book out so far AND it has served as a source for multiple works already (Monster Girl Quest is a great example). There's also the fact that some of the information in Okayado's works match Kenkou's encyclopedia, yes most of this is general information that one can get elsewhere but it's still a good source for that information.

Plus, it may be just me but until Okayado says otherwise, I'm using the encyclopedia as a source for info on things that haven't been shown yet.
Old 2013-02-04, 01:45   Link #712
Mesophiles

As you said, most of the similarities come down to the most basic monsters and racial traits. Personally, I just don't see the need for everything monstergirl-related to be judged by the Encyclopedia, so to speak. What's wrong with just sitting back and watching the author do his own thing?

Monstergirls are finally becoming sort-of mainstream; it's awesome! But theres no need to expect a certain worldview from all the present and future works to come. Anyway, that's all I'll say for now. Getting late.
Old 2013-02-04, 02:04   Link #713
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

And what's wrong with me doing what I like to do?

I love the encyclopedia, I think it's a fun and entertaining read plus it is filled with lots of nice details about monster girls and their personalities. Okayado's word is, on the other hand, displayed through manga which isn't the best when it comes to details...plus he has only introduced 9 or 10 monster girls as more than background characters so I like to use the information in the encyclopedia when I imagine possible new girls for the manga. And if they show up and end up different than the encyclopedia then so be it, till then I'll fill the gaps with the knowledge I have from the encyclopedia.

But hey, if what I'm doing is so horribly wrong, maybe I should stop forcing you to read my posts...oh wait...>_>
Old 2013-02-04, 02:17   Link #714
Kreceir

There is already Fanart of the Oni, I think Randrak42 will be quite pleased.

NSFW
Its Hot I tell ya.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-02-04, 03:07   Link #715
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

That was fast! Anyway, just read the chapter. It would have been good to see some development of one of the girls, especially Mero(?), but was a good chapter that answered my question of how would this kind of scenario be resolved.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 03:43   Link #716
Velsy

Quote:
Allow me to bring forth the bible of Monster Girls so you young ones can be enlightened and educated.

The Monster Girl Encyclopedia

Well one things clear, this author likes his succubus's O_o. And Alice is a succubus well suited for loli-cons O_o
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 03:53   Link #717
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Wow quick fan art. I'm still FREAK out by the zombie girl cover in bullet holes >_>

The Oni girl looks very sexy w/o her armor and the creativity with her being in her natural state with 3 chibi's is total win!
Old 2013-02-04, 03:59   Link #718
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Wow quick fan art. I'm still FREAK out by the zombie girl cover in bullet holes >_>

The Oni girl looks very sexy w/o her armor and the creativity with her being in her natural state with 3 chibi's is total win!
It's not really quick, hasn't the chapter been out a while in Japan?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 07:30   Link #719
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

About the use of the encyclopedia: I think it's fine to now and again refer to it for fun but sometimes I get the feeling that it's used here as a standard reference for all things 'monster girls' adaptable to all monster girl fiction no matter the author, which it simply is not.

Ofc you can pretty much write anything you want but for the general idea I'm with Mesophiles on this one. If you treat the encyclopedia as definite reference you create unnecessary expectations (read: tropes/cliches) , especially when it comes to the girls' personalities.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 08:30   Link #720
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
There is already Fanart of the Oni, I think Randrak42 will be quite pleased.

NSFW
Its Hot I tell ya.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I love you, thank you so much for showing us this glorious Oni fanart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
About the use of the encyclopedia: I think it's fine to now and again refer to it for fun but sometimes I get the feeling that it's used here as a standard reference for all things 'monster girls' adaptable to all monster girl fiction no matter the author, which it simply is not.

Ofc you can pretty much write anything you want but for the general idea I'm with Mesophiles on this one. If you treat the encyclopedia as definite reference you create unnecessary expectations (read: tropes/cliches) , especially when it comes to the girls' personalities.
Well it's of case of "Would you rather have no expectations or have some that may or may not be true?"
Personally I choose the latter, mostly because it's more fun to imagine other girls showing up and since we have no info on them we use what we have until we do.

You guys make it sound like I hold it up to be the holy, all knowing book that I JOKE about.
It's like the actual Bible...it's a story created by someone with their take on a fictional world, yet it also contains true information that can be used by people to study the past. I simply use all the information on a certain Monster Girl from the encyclopedia and wait to see which is true and which isn't.

Tags
ecchi, harem, monster girl